The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

We Gather Together To Ask The Lord's Scenting

Good Morning!!

Debra-I agree that this getting older business is for the birds.

This morning I’m melting samples from CFOW- Cookies at Tiffany’s. It’s just getting started and it smells so good.

Yesterday all day I had Bonfire Bliss from a sweet CF friend going. This one was so strong and didn’t quit even after melting for a day and a half. Unbelievable!!

Busy day ahead. Having lunch with my neighbors and then going food shopping for all the ingredients my girls need for cooking and baking some appetizers and desserts for Thanksgiving. We are going to my sister’s house. DH comes home tomorrow and I can’t wait.

We are expecting a high of only 27 degrees here on Thursday.

Have a great day everyone!

Hello All!

I hope everyone we haven't seen lately is just very busy and all is well!

Amy...I never thought paraffin needed curing but I'm thinking you are right. I've never had a light throw from CFTKR before...this is weird....and it's a spicy scent.

Michele...I hope you had a nice lunch and not too much craziness at the food store. I went after work and it was a madhouse...although I've seen it worse. I tried to pick up some pies at the orchard but they were out...guess I'll need to bake tomorrow.

Mpfand...sounds like a good one.

It's Homemade Harvest from a sweet CF pal in the workshop...thanks! ❤️

And downstairs is Trick or Treat by My Paradox Box...❤️

Have a good evening.

It sounds like it is getting pretty chilly out there for a lot of us! A lot of 30s and 40s around here, too!

AmyJo - I forget to look on ebay - it is probably a good thing, there are too many options when those buying frenzies hit! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Best wishes to any of you traveling the next few days! I hope it is smooth sailing.

Tonight it is Wilma's Black Cedar and Juniper.

Hi All!

Now the forecast for Thanksgiving says 19 degrees!! Crazy.

Maggie-Not too crazy in the store. Getting to Costco early for some pies. Wanted to go to Delicious Orchards but figured that would be insane. Is that where you went?

Melted tonight a really old one-Holiday Eggnog. Hardly any scent. I found a Christmas basket in the garage with quite a few very old Christmas scents.

I couldn’t even read the name of the vendor. Think it was Country Home Scents on Etsy from the shape. Anybody remember that vendor? Not even sure if they are still around.

Good night All!

Good Morning!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Melting VCS The Great Cookie Baking at Mom’s from the Pumpkin Sampler. Smells great from what I can smell. Have a little cold today so my smelling is a bit off.

Heading out early with a list of errands and then heading to airport to get DH.

Have a great day all!

Good morning everybody!!

A beautiful day even if it is cold. I started work very early today so I could leave and do Thanksgiving shopping once the stores opened. The Honey Baked Ham store opened at 7 and this was lovely - only two people there, including me. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] Then to Kroger which was getting nutty even at that early hour, so I made quick work of it and scurried home. :ssshopping: Done!! - including special treats for the furry crew.

Maggie, based on what seems to be going on with the paraffin, my SH and CFTKR are going to snooze until January. [smilie=thzzz003] Let's hope a little time will wake those scents up.

Debra, you are so right - eBay holds many temptations. There is the added thrill of placing a bid and seeing whether or not it is accepted. I have eased up on wax buying, but there are two Christmas melters on their way. [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

Michele! I am so glad your DH will be home today. :skywriter: It sounds like you will have a lively gathering at your sister's. Did you get good pies at Costco?

Mpfand, I melted that same homemade Pumpkin tart and it was delicious, thanks to a sweet CF pal! [smilie=th_teks0311]

Well since I am home I have been busy melting. The last two days:

SEMO Creamy Blackberry Pie Crust - lovely scent, a bit on the light side.

Dessa's Pears in Caramel Sauce - oh! oh! just brilliant, and so long lasting!

Homemade Pumpkin Caramel Delight - fabulous, lasts forever!

Southbound Pumpkin Spiced Cider - I have to say this is my favorite of the SB Fall Scents. Spicy and lasted two days, excellent. [smilie=th_00000020]

Southbound Autumn Night - And I have to say this is my least favorite of the SB Fall Scents. Cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, apple, cedar, and sandalwood. The cedar was dominant and just overpowering. :shock:

Everybody stay safe on the roads today, lots of crazy shoppers about!

Amy, I'm glad you were able to get in and out of the stores quickly. I have to go to Costco for rolls and crossaints today.... :wacko: Some things just can't be bought ahead of time.

Michele, I hope you feel better for tomorrow. I haven't felt well the past couple of days. DH is on antibiotics for a sinus infection.....hoping that's not what I'm getting. <_<

Melting Pumpkin Souffle from Fox Willow Wax.

Have a good day, everyone. :D

[smilie=th_Hello_]

Mpfand ~ You’re probably just having sympathy pains. Feel better! [smilie=th_empathy]

Amy ~ A Honey Baked Ham sounds good! I’ve never been there, but there is a store right down the street. Maybe I’ll check into it! [smilie=th_c032]

Michele ~ I’m excited for you getting to pick up DH. I got mine a couple of nights go and the airport was insane. I even got lost for a bit. It was so stressful! Hope your experience is not like that.

Debra ~ We’re getting cooler here, too. It’s down in the 70’s now. [smilie=th_paper-bag]

Maggie ~ Darn that you missed out on the pies. [smilie=th_sad-1]

BL Thankful ~ Vanilla Nutmeg and Warm Maple Syrup

BL Monster Mash Munch ~ Green Apple Cinnamon Glazed Donuts and Cream Cheese Frosting

BL UGGS Pumpkin Butter Funnel Cake

GC Dragon Flower Tea

Lit my GC Autumn Walk candle for the first time. Love this one! And finishing a small YC Autumn in the Park.

I’m sad the girls won’t be here for Thanksgiving. It will be the first time ever we are not together. DH and I are not planning anything. We’re going to take it as it comes. It’s probably a good thing because I haven’t been feeling well lately anyway.

Hope everyone traveling out there stays safe.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Get well wishes to Honeybear, Michele and Mpfand....and to your hubby as well!! [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

I am exhausted after three parties in a row at school...my feet ????are aching!

I haven't even changed the warmers...but My Paradox Box is going strong so I'm in no hurry...it's a lovely fruity blend! ????

Have a nice night.

I hope you Candlebuddies feell better soon! It is hard to overeat Thanksgiving dinner when you don't fell well! [smilie=th_shewiggle]

AmyJo, you are an efficient shopper!

Michele, someone brought in a Costco pumpkin pie to work today. It was breakfast - it was gone by 10 am! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

honeybear - you may need a sweater if that type of weather continues! ;)

Maggie, I bet you are partied out! You deserve a rest. [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Anyone watching good Thanksgiving movies this weekend? [smilie=th_scratch]

Tonight - FA McGee - LaLa Land, (a lavender blend)

Good morning ladies and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

This is probably my favorite holiday. Wonderful intention, less commercial than the others, families coming together, good food, and three days to recover. And leftovers. [smilie=th_aa17]

The rib roast is in the crockpot with loads of vegetables nestled up around him, and everybody else is on deck for preparation. I opted for the smoked turkey breast from the Honey Baked Ham store, complete with crunchy glaze, and he will just need gentle warming. The danger with shopping there for their fully-cooked items is the ride home alone with them in the car. [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

I may have mentioned that I have been on a bit of a melter campaign. Yesterday the first arrived, a square woodsy green light bulb melter with just a few trees on each side. Three are bare, just their lovely limbs reaching up, but one is an evergreen and he has a star resting above him. It's even more beautiful than in the picture and brought a tear to my eye when I opened it.

I've been on a bit of a melting binge and here are the scents from yesterday:

SGA IHOP - a gift from a dear CF friend, thank you!! - and this is everything you have all said it would be - maple and bakery and food-coma inducing.

Homemade Salted Caramel and Ginger - a gift from our very own master blender - this is one of my favorites and it lasted forever - thank you!!

Homemade Sweet Pumpkin Zucchini - another giftie and it was just delicious, thanks!!

SEMO Don't Be Salty - a gorgeous pretzel scent and this lasted more than 24 hours.

And today as background for cooking:

Scentsy Casting Spells - green apple, roasted pears, and cinnamon bark - after being gifted a clam of this by a sweet CF pal, I realized it is one of those scents that I must have around for my life to continue successfully. I had found a stash on Ebay but I'm down to my last clam - must start stalking again. I adore this beautiful scent.

There are many things I have to be grateful for, but something that has brought me unexpected happiness and happy friendship this year is all of you. This group seems to me a uniquely joyful, generous, and full-spirited collection of souls, and I am very thankful for being a part of this merry band.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. [smilie=th_a194]

????HAPPY THANKSGIVING????

Amy...I couldn't agree with you more! Although most of us have never met, I look forward to chatting with you at the end of each day! You are a wonderful bunch! [smilie=group_hug]

Your dinner sounds delicious Amy! And your warmer sounds just beautiful.

Debra...Pie for breakfast? Sounds like a good deal! [smilie=th_sign0162]

Today is gifties from sweet pals...

Upstairs it's Homemade Pink Berry and Tonka Bean...strong and wonderful! Thank you! [smilie=th_00000020]

Downstairs it's Scentsy Farmstand Apple...delicious! Thank you! :thwetkissf:

Gotta get cooking...have a wonderful day everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving, my sweet friends! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

I’m also so grateful for all of you. Thank you for being here each day to support me in this crazy, fun wax obsession. You are the only ones who truly get it and I appreciate you! [smilie=th_aa18]

Amy ~ Yum! I’m definitely going to check out the Honey Baked Ham place soon.

Maggie ~ I hope you get some down time this weekend as well. You sound like a busy beaver!

ST Susan ~ Chocolate Orchid, Fireside, Cotton Candy Frosting, and Mallow Fluff

BL Apple Brown Betty Zucchini Bread

Burning GC Almond Biscotti and Waffle Cone

Have a wonderful, safe holiday! :skywriter:

Happy Thanksgiving Candlefind friends! ???? Amy, you put it perfectly. ???? I'm very thankful for this group. :wub:

Pies are out of the oven and turkey and ham will be going in soon. DD also made an apple pie to take to her fiancee's uncles. I'm both proud and jealous that her pie looks better than mine. [smilie=th_pardon]

Melting a delicious scent from a CF gal, Butternut Pumpkin. This is just perfect for today, thank you! [smilie=th_a194]

Hope you all have are having a wonderful day with loved ones. [smilie=th_a056]

I hope you have had an enjoyable Thanksgiving! I just got home - we had dinner at my DS house. He is turning in to quite the chef.

AmyJo, mpfand, honeybear and Maggie - thank you for your kind words - we are a pretty bonded group when it comes to smellies and our posts. It is such a treat for me to end the day reading what you all have written. [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20wavin

AmyJo, I have been on the hunt for new melters too. I love my tealights - but it seems the inside tops get all sooty and then seem to smoke. I found a really pretty blue Yankee one and will see what is out there tomorrow on the big shopping day. :ssshopping:

Today it is Scentsationals - A Thankful Harvest. I really like melting ones that have the Holiday name in the title somehow! Peeps for Easter, Santa's Workshop at Christmas...I am a good target for marketing! :blush:

Good Morning All!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

I too am grateful for this wonderful group. You are the only ones who truly understand this wonderful hobby and get it. I look forward everyday to talking to all of you. Hopefully we can all meet one day like I did with Amy. You all sound like great people.

No melting yesterday for me. We had a wonderful day at my sister’s house. Today we are decorating for Christmas while DH is home.

There’s a big sale going on at VCS. 25% off everything on the site plus free shipping over $50. Hope you all get great sales today.

I’m starting my Christmas shopping online today for everyone on my list. I hope to get a lot done . Every year I venture less to the malls and shop more online.

Melting this morning VCS Central Park Snow Globe/To Catch a Thief/Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend. This was in a mystery box and a new kind of scent for me. Smelling good!!

Hope you all have a great day!

Good morning everyone!

I hope you all had a peaceful, loving Thanksgiving and that you now have lots of leftovers to enjoy! We had a beautiful day and just relaxed after dinner. I did take His Bounciness, Eli, for a walk to get some fresh air. I think today we will be going to the Aquarium down on the river to enjoy our new season passes. We're also going to start a bit of holiday decorating. I guess this means the pumpkin melter has to go into the closet. But we still eat pumpkin pie at Christmas, correct? I don't want to put him away yet.

I will do my best to stay away from the wax sites this weekend because many of them are sending Black Friday emails and there are sales aplenty. My new trick is to take a group of melts out of the drawers, arrange them on a pretty background, and take a picture of them to look at later - I pretend it's a new collection that I simply must have. [smilie=th_foolish1] So far I'm falling for it.

Maggie, I envy you, having two Thanksgivings! And you get a day to recover in between. What a perfect setup! [smilie=th_aa17]

Debra, I didn't think about the tealights getting sooty under the bowl but it makes sense that they would. Now I want to clean them all out - I see a project for tomorrow. I love that you are drawn by the different melt names because I am swayed by those too! I love the names you mentioned for the different seasons. I have bought waxies just because I loved the name (SH - Silence of the Yams, WW Surf's Pup), no matter what they smelled like. [smilie=th_pardon]

Mpfand, I absolutely love that you were both proud and jealous that your daughter's pie looked better than yours. That's such an honest statement from a loving mother! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Michele, I am doing my best to [smilie=th_LaLaLa] about that VCS sale, did you say something?? Especially since she has all those new samplers, I don't dare go over there! I agree with you that online sampling is the way to go. I do not, do not, do not like crowds of shoving people.

I remember back in 1990 when my father, my very formal father! got into a shoving match at Toys R Us. He had just selected the very last Fetch Armstrong (stretchy dog, sidekick to Stretch Armstrong) for my son for Christmas, and a lady grabbed it right out of his hands, stirring his wrath. Dad was victorious, I was mortified, and my son loved Fetch. [smilie=th_200912104451] But give me online shopping.

Well yesterday after I *reluctantly* changed out the Casting Spells apple deliciousness, it was:

Southbound Sugar & Spice - clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar - I love this so, so much.

and today it's just one cube - enough for the whole house! - of

Southbound Pink Beachwood Vetiver - I fell in love with Beachwood Vetiver from CFOW very early this year, and this combination with Pink Sugar is just divine. Lovely, different and strong. I will enjoy this one again and again.

I hope everyone enjoys today, whether it's leftovers, shopping, family, or all of the above. [smilie=th_LOVE]

It is getting dark so early now! I miss my daylight when I am coming home from work.

My DS sent us home with leftovers yesterday, so dinner is all set! I love that! DH has spent the day trying to help a friend find "just the right TV". He loves that kind of thing. [smilie=th_BringItOn]

I just tried Nutmeg and Cinnamon Triscuits. I am trying to decide what to do with them. A little pumpkin cream cheese may be in order. [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

My cat, Sophie, is snoring! She is about 7-8 feet away and I can hear her. It is sorta cute! :D

Tonight it is Scentsy - Cranberry Spice, from very nice Candlebuddy! :wub:

Amy, I love the story about your father's shopping experience. [smilie=th_giggle] No shopping for me today. I spent the day decorating. [smilie=th_200912104451] The house is done, but the tree isn't quite finished yet. I ran out of steam. [smilie=th_pardon] I'll finish up tomorrow.

Debra, I've been curious about those Triscuits. They're my very favorite cracker, but I always just buy the original.

Melting a gift from a candle buddy, Tea and Cakes from SGA. Yum! [smilie=thank_you]

Well good morning dear everyone!

It sounds as though a lot of decorating was going on in this group yesterday. Mpfand, congratulations on getting the whole house done - I stand in awe!! [smilie=th_allah]

I failed in this regard, as we spent the day playing - we went to the Newport Aquarium (actually in Kentucky, across the river from Cincinnati) and I'm loving these season passes. The best part was being able to stroke about 30 rays (Southern and Cownose) as they glided by, just magical. They were amazingly friendly and very used to people. It wasn't crowded and we had a nice lasagne dinner downtown afterwards! - so a big success. [smilie=th_ahaaha]

Maggie, I believe today is your Second Thanksgiving with you doing the hosting, isn't that right? I will be thinking about you and I hope you get lots of help with the cooking and the cleanup. You have a lucky family. [smilie=th_cuddle-1]

Debra, spiced Triscuits?! Where have I been? That sounds excellent. And with pumpkin cream cheese?? *come to mama* [smilie=th_avatar_4219]

Michele, so far I have avoided VCS. That buttermint sampler is calling my name and I may cave yet...I hope you found some wonderful melts out of Kirby's many offerings. [smilie=th_aa17]

Last night my DH requested that I burn the candle which was gifted by a dear CF friend - thank you!! - Haunted Halloween by My Paradox Box - beautiful appley goodness. [smilie=th_happy096]

This morning I decided to dip into the Christmas and Winter drawer and I *had* to start with the wonderful Snow Day by Colonial Candles (a giftie from a sweet CF pal - thank you!) - eucalyptus, mint, and winter greens. [smilie=th_00000020]

Today it is raining and while I would like to continue in this general playday spirit, life's little realities are creeping back - the [smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare] is staring at me disapprovingly, and I must respond. There are still plenty of leftovers so at least the meals will be a breeze!

I hope you all have a fabulous Saturday!

Good Saturday Morning!

Mpfand... [smilie=th_slider_hi5] Good going with getting most of the decorating done! I used to try to get EVERYTHING done in one day and would be so exhausted and stressed that it was horrible....now I try to go with the flow so I can enjoy it!

Amy...your trip to the Aquarium sounds lovely! I was surprised by the slimy texture the first time I touched one...they are amazing creatures! Yes, today is our second thanksgiving...so this time we will have leftovers for tomorrow and some turkey soup this week! [smilie=th_200912104451]

Debra...having your DS cook for you sounds like a wonderful treat....plus leftovers to take home? You lucked out! [smilie=th_thumbs20up] Last year I picked up a few of those flavored triscuits (they are our favorite cracker) but I couldn't figure out what to put on some of them....don't think we tried that flavor. Yummmm.

Last night and today it's been Colonial Candle White Pear and Cedar.... [smilie=th_fabulous1] I love this scent so much....thank you candle buddy!! [smilie=th_teks0311]

And upstairs it's GWW Dobby's Best Socks

Have a nice Saturday. ;)

Hi All!

I had a very busy day yesterday. My house is mostly decorated and I’m finishing up today. Most of my shopping is done. Did loads of shopping online and got some good deals.

I driove my daughter back to Manhattan this morning and my youngest DD is gone for the rest of the weekend as well. DH and I are going to finish our decorating and then head out to Costco. Hopefully it won’t be too crowded.

Melting from last night TBG Winter Blues which is a very lovely Blue Sugar scent from a lovely CF pal. I took out my Christmas Candles and I’m burning BBW Cinnamon Caramel Swirl and YC Christmas Eve.

Maggie-Enjoy your second Thanksgiving today !

Amy-Glad you enjoyed the aquarium and don’t have to cook tonight.

Debra-Glad you had fun at your DS’s house. Enjoy the leftovers.

Hi girls [smilie=th_sml29]

You all are being so productive! I’m jealous! We did put up our tree a couple of nights ago, but no other decorating yet. My SIL and her boyfriend came in yesterday from Wisconsin and are staying here for a few days. it is quite stressful. I’d never met him before and it is unsettling since he is an alcoholic. Is it Tuesday yet? ????

SH Gingerbread ~ Thanks to a sweet CF friend. [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

Dessa’s Sugared Vanilla Shortbread

SB Baja Blossom

Tuscany Lemon Sugar Cookies ~ This scent recommended by Carolooni smells just like Trix cereal. Yum