The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

We Gather Together To Ask The Lord's Scenting

Good morning ladies!

I hope everyone is staying warm. Yesterday it barely made it out of the 20's and I have resorted to long underwear. TMI, TMI! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

SUSAN! Hello, good to see you! I guess we posted within minutes of each other yesterday and I didn't see your post. You have had a rough time of it and I'm glad your client has a wood stove because with no power for three days, that was a tough situation. Nothing like the warmth of a wood stove so I'm glad that was in place. Does he have wood ready to go, or were you having to round that up? He's lucky to have such a dedicated caregiver. [smilie=th_LOVE] Your Advent calendar from Hayden Rowe sounds wonderful, enjoy!!

Mpfand - pan of brownies? Peppermint Mocha melt? Your house must smell so delicious!!

Debra - "meetings about meetings" - [smilie=th_thlaughter] - I can relate, same thing where I work! Recently there was a meeting to say that we were having too many meetings...it never stops, does it?

Well I reluctantly poured out the SB Christmas Tree Cookies, which was exquisite, and this morning it's:

Olde Primitive Treasures Blue Christmas - from Lara's Christmas Sampler - this little sampler is 10 smallish white snowflakes, very minimalist, no color or glitter of any sort - so my expectations were not high - but WOW! WOW! Talk about throw, this is delicious! I guess this cured for 2 months. Orange, clove, cinnamon, fir - just fabulous. Now I am eager to try them all, well done Lara!! [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

and

SEMO Butter Mint Cupcakes - Debra, you got me to realize that I was neglecting my SEMO stash - in adorable little yellow mitten shapes with white hearts on them - and this is also delicious. I love this vendor and I've had a basket curing for a couple of months, time to break it out. [smilie=th_cc15]

I have a little work trip coming up so my posting might be irregular this next week - will do my best because reading this board is one of the best parts of my day.

Everybody stay warm - winter seems to be here!

Good Morning! Not used to posting before work but I had a few minutes.

Amy...safe travels to you and I hope you have some "pocket sniffies" to take with you! LOL You've got some yummy sounding Christmas scents going. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Susan...I'm glad you are ok but that sounds like a rough couple of days! You are very lucky that your client had a wood stove!!

Mpfand...yes, lots of leftovers but I haven't been able to get out of cooking dinner since the first day after. [smilie=th_cha66]

Debra...oh, those meetings.... [smilie=th_shout] I love meetings about meetings....and the same old discussions....ugh.

Thanks Michele...it was a nice day. ;)

Honeybear...thanks for the pep talk! :thwetkissf: I'm already feeling behind and it's not even December yet. I need to make myself stop because I don't want to feel like this until Christmas.

It's gifties from a sweet pal....

SGA 25:43 Cotton Candy Frosting BDC

SGA Tea Cakes, BlackBerry, Cookies and Marshmallow

Candy Panda Marshmalloween

Thank you! Smells great!

Have a good day.

Good morn everyone. Melting today: Love & Light by OPT

Elf Sweat by OPT

Small candle: Vanilla Bean by Woodwick

Amyjo, he had wood put had to carry it in, thank was ok. They did have shelters opened, I can't remember that every happening. Have s great Thursday.

[smilie=th_e16]

Susan ~ Sorry things were so stressful for you. Glad things are back to normal for you!

Amy ~ I’ll bet deciding what wax to bring is first and foremost in your mind. [smilie=th_aa17]

BL Monster Mash Munch ~ Green Apple Cinnamon Glazed Donuts with Cream Cheese Frosting

Wilma’s Lush Gothic ~ This was a dud.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Honeybear, you are so right! :sFun_nahnahna3: *plotting which melts to take*

Maggie - that's not fair! Leftovers are supposed to give you a break!

Susan - really glad you didn't go have to collect/chop wood. Wow, that was a terrible ice storm with the trees down and shelters opened. I'm glad things are somewhat back to normal.

Well I just had to tell you ladies that I switched out one of the melters and put in two teeny, tiny cubes from one of the little B&BW round melts - Winter - and it is wonderful but chokingly strong. This thing is a year old. *cough*

I've been busy working on the guest bedroom and bathroom in preparation for my parents visit next week! I put a little Christmas tree on the desk and stocked the bathroom with seasonal soaps and lotions from Bath & Body Works.

Melting Emerald Fir from Colonial Candle. Smells like we have a real tree in here. :D

mpfand, your family will feel so special with all your Christmas touches! [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Maggie, I already have Holiday anxiety about not getting things done. [smilie=th_fear8] I wonder what is up this year? Usually I am as cool as a cucumber! I make list and lists, and I can't even focus to get that done!

AmyJo, hope your work trip is smooth sailing!

Tonight it is Dessa's - Caramel Apple. It is a strong one!

Good morning all,

I hope everyone is well.

Maggie, Debra, I hope you won't stress about Christmas - it's not even December yet. It will all be good. May your hearts be light! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Debra, I'm really enjoying Dessa's melts and yes they are strong!

Mpfand, you are a wonderful hostess to your parents, to personalize their room and bath so beautifully for Christmas.

Well this OPT Christmas Sampler continues to delight -

OPT Twisted Peppermint - Peppermint, sugar, and vanilla - nice and strong, beautiful holiday scent.

also

SEMO Hansel and Gretel's Christmas - smells just like a snickerdoodle - very nice with great throw.

For my work trip I am taking a plate warmer, a tealight warmer, and:

- the rest of the OPT Christmas Sampler (8 snowflakes)

- Southbound Pink Bedtime Blend

- Bathing Garden Pagan Moon

- Bathing Garden Illusions of the Labyrinth

Stay warm everyone!

Good Morning!

Safe travels Amy! Hope you have some time in between work to relax a bit.

Mpfand- Those holiday touches sound so nice.

Susan-Glad things are a little back to normal there.

I didn’t have time to melt at all yesterday. I drove to the beach house to retrieve a Christmas delivery from my porch. It went there by accident. Unfortunately another part of that order arrives there on Tuesday. A friend of mine who is only a half hour away will get it for me.

I was exhausted and went to bed at 9. Very early for me. The night before I slept only 2 hours. Did anyone else ever order a coffee at night and ask for decaf and they were served regular instead? I suspect this is what happened Wednesday night. I could hardly sleep.

This morning I’m melting VCS Elizabeth & Phillips Westminster Wedding. Nice change from Christmas scents. (Strawberry Peach Pie with Cream)

Hope you all have a good day!

Maggie and Debra, I hope you can relax and not let stress take over. This is supposed to be ????the most wonderful time of the year????. Hugs to you both. :wub:

Amy, the scents you've chosen to accompany you on your trip sound really good. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Michele, I don't think I've ever had that happen to me, but I'd say it's a very strong possibility that was the cause of your sleepless night. [smilie=th_fear8] I had a sleepless night recently due some cold/allergy medicine I took. Such an awful feeling and really affects how productive I am the next day. <_<

Melting a gift from a sweet candle buddy, Pink Laundry Marshmallow Vanilla Bean Noel from Front Porch. Whew, that's a mouthful. Smells wonderful, thank you!

Have a great day, everyone [smilie=th_wave]

Thanks Mpfand, Amy and Debra...after I decorate tomorrow, I may feel a little better....with my music and scents.... [smilie=th_sml29]

[smilie=th_thsecret] Debra....I'm doing the same thing with my lists. What is going on?

Michele...that's quite a haul to go retrieve a package! [smilie=th_cha60]

Amy...I hope you are settled in and resting! [smilie=thzzz003] Great batch of scents!

Mpfand...How nice that you get the bedroom and bathroom so full of the holiday spirit! Even down to the soap....love it! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Went to bed extra early so no change in scents downstairs but upstairs it was Country Walk by Country Lane Keepsakes

And now it's Bella Bohemian by Alamo Candelaria

Goodnight

[smilie=th_hello]

Sorry you had such a sleepless night, Michele. [smilie=th_empathy] I don’t ever drink coffee in the evening anymore. I’m so sensitive to caffeine that even decaf will keep me up. (Decaf does still have minute amounts of caffeine.) But if you’re used to drinking decaf at night, the pots must have gotten switched for sure. Darn.

Glad you got the package, though!

Debra and Maggie.~ These days, I make a concerted effort not to let that holiday anxiety get to me. I do what I want to do and feel I can do and don’t succumb to the pressure. It’s just not worth it. Besides, it’s too commercialized these days anyway.

Tonight it’s Zeep Flat White and Sideburns.

I might have to change the Sideburns one out in our bedroom. Not sure shaving cream, tobacco, and caramel is exactly bedtime worthy. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

[smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Good Morning!

I also try not to let holiday anxiety get to me. Next Saturday it’s my turn to host our friends and their husbands for our annual Christmas party. DH isn’t getting home until the night before the party so the pressure is on to have everything ready before then. I’m doing my best and trying not to stress. It will get done. Christmas is a wonderful holiday but it has become very commercial. Too much to do. My mother used to say that when she was finally ready to enjoy the holiday it was over.

Melting SGA Cookies & Cocoa for Santa. Smells good already.

Have a great Saturday all!

Good Morning! Did anyone get in on the $8.95 B&BW candles sale today? [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr That's a few Christmas presents done....I'll just go get some soaps to match...

Went to bed so early last night...early for me. Now I feel like Rip Van Winkle....gotta move these bones. ;)

Honeybear...you've got the right idea and I totally agree. I am going to try my hardest to relax. I think I may be able to once I decorate today.

Michele...my mother used to say the same thing! Best of luck with that party...I'm sure it will be lovely!

I gotta post a new thread title for December....slacking again on my part....I'll figure something out unless someone else has an idea.....

This morning it's Frosted Berries Pepermint Swizzle by Pour Girls

And Happy Holidays by Nancys

Have a nice Saturday

Good morning everyone!

Work trip is off to a good start. More team members to arrive soon, so I won't be alone much longer. This is both good and bad. ????????

Rip Van Maggie, glad you got some rest! ???????? I hope you enjoy decorating today with your music and scents! If it doesn't all get done... Do less!! ????. Yes I did see that B&BW sale and am fighting with myself...????

Michele, I'm sorry the coffee pots got switched. I can't drink regular coffee or tea after around noon either if I expect to sleep that night. Your party sounds like it will be gorgeous and I give you credit because that's a lot of work.

Mpfand, that Front Porch scent sounds wonderful, and yes that name is a mouthful!

Honeybear, I think you're right - that Zeep Sideburns might do better in another room besides the bedroom. ????. How was that Flat White coffee scent? I think that one was in her Coffee Sampler.

Susan, I hope you are having a calmer week with your client. ????

Well I changed some of my trip melts at the last minute for ones I already knew I loved, so today it's:

Colonial Candles Emerald Fir - beautiful, comforting scent, happy memories from this one. *Thanks sweet CF pal!*

TBG Winter Blues - gorgeous blue sugar scent, my favorite. So strong I had to blow out the tealight.

I hope everyone enjoys their Saturday!