The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

We Gather Together To Ask The Lord's Scenting

You are ahead of me in my decorating. I barely got the autumn wreaths put away!

We had really thick fog most of the day. Pretty, but kind of eerie. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

AmyJo, it sounds like your aquarium trip was a lot of fun!

Maggie, the problem with Thanksgiving elsewhere is no turkey soup later! <_>

Today I had the bestest scent - one I would not normally try but I got it somehow, maybe in a sampler. It kept slipping off the shelf, so into the melter it went. Yummy, I don't think you could bake anything that tastes as good as this smells: Rocket's - Pumpkin Pecan Waffle Creamy Marshmallow. I just stood there and sniffed and sniffed! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Good morning ladies!

Where did this four-day weekend go?? I can't believe it's Sunday already.

Well, I have finished our "decorating," except for something outside. DH wants to put up lights but I don't want him on a ladder. I am thinking about one of the inflatables...we shall see.

Maggie, NOW you have leftovers, yes? [smilie=th_200912104451] I hope your feast went well yesterday!

Debra, that Rockets scent sounds amazing. That fog you mentioned has slipped across the country to Ohio - I can hardly see across the street to the fields. Also, I forgot to mention yesterday - I love your description of your cat snoring...that's wonderful and I find those animal sleeping sounds very comforting. Clemmie, for being the smallest of cats, can make some impressive snorts and grunts while she's dreaming.

Michele, I am soooo jealous that you've gotten most of your shopping done! I need to get with the program.

Honeybear...your house guest does sound stress-inducing...our families have also known a bit of alcoholism and this is so tough on everyone, from the suffering individual to all of the loved ones. It's so kind of you to host them. Sending all of you a big hug.

Well I have jumped into Christmas scents with both feet. Yesterday and today it's been:

The Bathing Garden Peppermint Rock Candy - this is so beautifully pepperminty and strong, and has cured for several months so it's just delicious.

SGA Candy Apple Sleigh Ride - a giftie from a dear CF pal - this is a great combination of fir trees and candy apple - thank you!!

Front Porch Mistletoe & Ivy Buttermint - gosh this has benefitted from about 6 months' cure - no oily undertone, glorious. I would order this one again (and give it a nice long cure).

and

Yankee Candle Wax Cubes from Walmart - Balsam & Cedar - fantastic. I really have to wonder how a company whose candles have suffered so can come out with such glorious melts. Why are they selling these in Walmart and not in their own stores? Great product! I've bought several types of these little cubes and they have all been excellent, no curing, lovely scents.

I hope everyone has a fabulous day.

Good Morning!!!

This weekend sure did fly by. Can’t believe DH has to fly back tonight. I’m sad already. We did get a lot done this weekend so that was good.

I love sitting here looking at all these Christmas decorations. Everything looks so pretty and I find it very calming and relaxing.

Melting this morning SGA Peppermint Vanilla Pine Cones Sugar Cookies.

I spent last night and will continue tonight putting all my Christmas scents together so I can melt away.

Have a great day all!

Honeybear, that would be a very stressful situation. :( Our family, on both sides, has dealt with alcoholism. It's so hard on everyone. Tuesday is right around the corner. [smilie=th_empathy]

Michele, I agree; the tree and all of the decorations are very calming. I just love it. :wub: Glad you had a nice weekend with your DH. :)

Amy, I'm also quite impressed with the Yankee melts at Wal-Mart. For the price, I think they perform beautifully. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Melting a gift from a sweet candle buddy, Mint Cubed from The Scented Squirrel. (peppermint fluff, peppermint swizzle sticks & cream de menthe whip) Lovely combination of mint! Thank you. ????

Good morning. [smilie=th_autumboy]

Debra ~ That Rocket scent sounds delicious, mostly in the way you describe it, because I normally don’t like Pumpkin Pecan Waffles. You’d never know I was a pumpkin lover, but for some reason, this scent is too much of something. [smilie=th_idontknow]

And you’re not alone in the leftover department. [smilie=th_sign0164]

Amy ~ I don’t blame you for wanting to stay away from ladders. We’re going to wait until next weekend to do more holiday decorating. DD#1 is coming for DH’s birthday next Sunday and she asked me to wait for her. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Michele ~ I’m so sorry DH has to leave again. Big hugs to you! But I’m glad you got a lot done. That’s a good feeling, and now you can relax. So nice that you’ve gotten all your shopping done. [smilie=th_happy096]

Mpfand ~ Yes, and it’s even harder when the person is oblivious to the problem. It just makes me nervous to see someone drink so heavily in such a short amount of time!

Fortunately, the powers that be must have heard my cry and, though I love my SIL dearly and welcome her anytime, her boyfriend’s friend an hour from here invited them for football tonight and to stay the night. That gives DH and I the last day of his vacation to ourselves, and that is a blessing. So grateful.

BL Ariel’s Grotto ~ Pink Sands, Fresh Strawberry Slices, and Blue Cotton Candy

BL Hot Chocolate Sugar Cookie Dough

Burning PL Beautiful Blue Sky ~ fresh citrus and juicy orange peel combine with aromatic eucalyptus, cedarwood and sandalwood. Not sure how I feel about this one. I absolutely love the way PartyLite candles burn, but they just don’t have as many of the types of bakery fragrances I love.

Have a great day!

Hi All!

Just started a new scent - TBG Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come. This is a sample and I couldn’t find the scent description. Smells nice.

Driving DH to the airport in a little while. So sad to see him go especially since I’m coming home to an empty house tonight.

HoneyBear- So Happy you and your DH will be able to enjoy the last day of his vacation.

Enjoy the night all!

Michele, I am sorry your DH had to go! We also got a lot done this weekend. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr It thought we would be out and about going places and seeing things - but instead we cleaned things up and did some fix-it projects that needing done.

However, doing all of that - I forgot to put up the lights outside! We only decorate one big evergreen, but it will have to wait until next weekend now. :icon_cry:

Honeybear, how nice to get your vacation back! :confettistars:

It has been awhile since I tried the YC at Walmart. I will need to look into that. It seems that my Wally has fewer and fewer melts every time I go. Hopefully I am catching things between seasons and that is not permanent.

Tonight it is ST - Never Been Kissed (I remember blackberry and waffle cone but I know there are more.)

HI friends

I've come here to post a few times in the last week or so and have never gotten past reading a few of everyone else's posts. Yesterday, I put my tablet down to answer a phone call, ended up on the phone for quite a while and then completely forgot to come post. :sSig_rofl:

Anyhow! I mainly wanted to thank a sweet CF friend for the lovely package of homemade melts that she sent to me! [smilie=th_teks0311] Each one smells fabulous! I've already melted Dulce Pumpkin and am going to go pick another one to melt this morning. Such a nice surprise! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

So great to hear that everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I am personally over all of the cooking and clean-up involved since I do all of it myself with some help from my 2 boys. I told DH that next year I want to go to the parade and then eat somewhere downtown (Detroit).

It was nice having DS#1 home all week, but he left Saturday to go back to school. A friend of his who lives in our neighborhood and goes to Michigan Tech which is 2 hours FURTHER from Marquette brought DS home and took him back. Thankful for this young man as it saved DH and I the 7-8 hour drive! Of course never a dull moment with DS, as he managed to leave his insulin needles in the car after he was dropped off! Mind you, he had the insulin pens, but only one single needle left on him. UGH. Luckily the Walgreen's in Marquette had the needles he uses so he walked up there yesterday in freezing temps and snow. From campus, it was a 45 minute walk/hike(it's quite hilly), I felt bad for him but he survived. I was worried more than he was probably. Also, he has a couple friends on campus who have cars, but felt too shy to ask for a ride!

So there you have a small glimpse into my weekend. [smilie=th_cha60]

Oh, almost forgot, DH and I went and saw Elf the musical at the Fox Theater on Friday.

Greetings ladies and Happy Monday,

Cold and rainy with a wind advisory, awfully raw outside. Can we please go back to last Thursday? [smilie=th_200912104451]

Maggie, your new wreaths on your website are just gorgeous!! You've been busy in your workshop.

Michele, I'm so sorry DH had to leave again. [smilie=th_smiley-crying] Your Christmas decorations sound so lovely and I'm glad they bring you relaxation.

Debra, I love the idea of your one big evergreen being all lit up. [smilie=th_slider_flirt] I am just trying to light up one wreath, so I stand in admiration of your efforts.

Honeybear, I can't tell you how excited I was to hear that your houseguest would be guesting someplace else for the last day of your DH's vacation. [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

Mpfand, I saw in Games that you think about Charlie Brown and Linus picking out the tree...that is my most favorite Christmas special of all and I love that little tree so much. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Aria, I hope you and DH enjoyed Elf the Musical!

Well, that TBG Peppermint and Rock Candy lasted more than 24 hours and it was heavenly. I must add that Shannon is just killing me with so many beautiful new melts on her website, but so far I have been strong.

This morning I switched over to:

Spotted Hog Mrs. Claus' Christmas Cookies - peppermint and sugar cookies - very strong and delicious. I think this is turning into a very minty season! [smilie=th_aa17]

You may recall my recent binge on melters and today the Scentsy Easter Egg Melter is due to arrive. Yes, I am looking ahead! [smilie=th_76d65c2f] There are very good deals to be had on eBay!

Have a lovely start to your week and stay warm.

[smilie=th_hello]

Aria ~ So glad the tarts made it to your door and that you’re enjoying them. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Aww...That’s the hard part of being so far from our babies. We can’t rush in to help them when they need it. But yes, they do find their own way.

Amy ~ Bet your Easter warmer is the cutest. Wish you could share a picture here! [smilie=yes]

Debra ~ Last time I was in Walmart, I noticed they had a ton of Yankee wax, but I didn’t have time to look. You better take a peek!

SGA Pink Serene Waters ~ Enjoyed this gift from a sweet CF friend all night long. [smilie=thank_you] I had trouble sleeping, and each time I woke up, there it was. So pretty!

BL Arriel’s grotto again

Wilma’s Pink Watermelon

Colonial Emerald Fir ~ a gift from a sweet CF pal [smilie=th_teks0311]

Have a nice day. [smilie=th_snoopy]

Amy, I love all of the Snoopy holiday movies, but the Christmas one is my absolute favorite. :wub:

Melting Cranberry Spice from Scentsy. This is old and discontinued, but it's still one of my favorite cranberry scents.

Hi again... Wow 2 posts by me in the same day. [smilie=th_thConfus_55] I had a very productive day today, so maybe that has something to do with it. [smilie=yes]

I've had the same scent melting most of the day... Butternut Pumpkin from the generous homemade goodies I received. I split the melt in half and had it going in 2 warmers. It was quite delicious and rich. After dinner, I fired up a 3rd melter with RG Gingerbread Danish Butter Cookies.

I placed an order at NENE'S Kitchen earlier. Missy is offering 15% off her Winter seasonal scents for cyber Monday. Code is cyber if anyone is interested. I ordered some of her krumbles(brittle) in Fireside, Christmas Wish, Gingerbread Cookies and Spiced Rum Cake.

I love A Charlie Brown Christmas too!

Mpfand I love Cranberry Spice scents too. My favorite Scentsy scent is Christmas Cottage. I recently got a brick of it and I cannot believe how huge it is!!!

Have a great night [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

Hi All!

It’s been another busy day. I shopped for some new decorations today and found some nice things in Homegoods. I love that store.

Aria-I hope you and DH enjoyed Elf.

Honeybear-There is a BIG sale at VCS tonight. Just saying.

Melted VCS The Duke and Dutchess of Cambridge today. Great scent!

Burned some candles tonight -

YC Balsam & Cedar

YC Sugared Plums

YC Christmas Cookies

Good Night!

Good evening!

Another chilly day - I hope none of you had to deal with the big snowstorm.

Oh gosh, Aria! I could just feel mom-anxiety! :wacko: I wish we didn't have to go through those parenting episodes, I expected those things to stop when they moved away! They seem to sail right through it though, don't they? :excl:

AmyJo - it is about mint season here, too! I love those during the Holidays. :wub:

However, before I break out the Holiday flavors, tonight it is Volcano Capri Blue - Lilac Sensations.

Good morning all!

A very busy work month coming up, and most of it enjoyable, so I am grateful. Today we have snow flying and I love to look out at the white fields near us.

Mpfand, I believe I have some of that Scentsy Christmas Cottage, a gift from a sweet CF pal, and I'm looking forward to melting it! ;)

Debra, you mentioned the Volcano Capri Blue and that was one of my very first non-Walmart candles - and one of the scents that kicked me over the edge into obsession. That's a gorgeous scent!

Honeybear, you are right - the Scentsy Easter Egg Melter arrived from eBay yesterday and it's so cute I was speechless upon opening the box. It's like a giant Easter Egg, decorated in a lovely pastel pattern. I left it out all night so I could see it when I woke up this morning. Absolutely adorable and I look forward to using it!

Michele, I love Homegoods too. Also I love that VCS Duke & Duchess of Cambridge scent you were melting! I managed to stay away from that VCS sale last night...hard not to look.

Well we are continuing the Christmas scents this morning:

Zeep Christmas Tree - one of my very most favorite fir tree scents. This is almost a year old and I have it only in the back bedroom but it's so strong it's making my eyes stream. The wonder of curing!!

Zeep I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - mistletoe and fir tree - maybe 9 months old and just delicious.

I may need some fruit or bakery scent tomorrow after all this fir and mint - but it does feel like Christmas around here.

A fine day to all and stay warm!

Edited at lunch - had to tell you folks this, because it made me laugh. I went up to the Post Office to give up the PO Box for the next six months. There is no need for it, as the waxies won't melt in the mailbox during the colder weather. Anyway the Post Office lady said, "You're giving up your box? But we will miss your sweet-smelling packages!" [smilie=th_laughing] So we had a good laugh and told her I'll pick it up again in the Spring.

That's too cute, Amy. [smilie=th_laughing]

Earlier I melted Bear Claws from a candle buddy. Thank you! :) Now I'm melting another gift, Apples & Maple Bourbon from CFTKR. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Hello All.

Gosh, I feel like I haven't posted in weeks...but it was nice catching up! Our Second Thanksgiving went well! ????????

Michele...it's so nice that you've gotten all your decorations up already! I haven't even started. [smilie=th_sad2hz1] Hopefully, this weekend...unless it snows! I agree with you...the decorations make me calm and content too!

Honeybear...I'm sorry about your guest. That's got to be extremely stressful for you but I'm glad you got a night to yourselves.

Amy...I love that story! I'm sure they'll be happy when spring arrives! Your Christmas scents sound enticing...I always try to hold off on melting the Christmas scents until the decorations are going up. I gotta get moving on that...hope it doesn't snow until I do.

Debra...doncha hate when you forget something like that? I hope you can get that tree decorated before any snow arrives too!

Aria...oh gosh....that's the kind of thing that would make me STRESS! I'd worry about the walk and worry and worry. Of course they do just fine on their own but I think we just can't help it. I'm glad everything worked out for him!

Mpfand...I agree with you 100%...love all the Peanuts movies but definitely the Christmas one is at the top!❤️

So this evening it's SH Silence of the Yams from a sweet CF pal...delicious.

And another delicious scent from SGA Harvest Zucchini

Have a good one.

Good Morning All!

Maggie-Glad your second Thanksgiving went well.

Amy-That’s so funny. I once had a mailman that told me my packages made his whole truck smell good.

Melting this morning SB Santa Snacks from a sweet CF friend. Delicious!

Good morning ladies!

A brisk 19 F this morning and we have piled on the sweaters! [smilie=th_autumboy]

Maggie, I'm happy that your second Thanksgiving was enjoyable! [smilie=th_yay] I love that SH Silence of the Yams!

Michele, that's hilarious about your postal worker! It's good to know we're doing our part to make their lives better smelling. [smilie=th_giggle]

Susan, where have you gone? [smilie=th_wave] Hope everything is ok.

Mpfand, you mentioned Scentsy Christmas Cottage yesterday and of course I had to pop that in the melter right away. It's a beautiful holiday scent and brings back memories with its lovely spices. What a lovely gift from a sweet CF pal! [smilie=th_teks0311]

In addition to Christmas Cottage, I've been melting:

Homemade Grapefruit Mint - and this was so strong and gorgeous, a welcome contrast to all the fir scents!

and

SH Holiday Frost - wow, another strong one - orange, apple, pear, patchouli. Very nice!

Stay warm everyone!

Hi there. :)

I don’t see my last post from yesterday. Ugh. [smilie=th_sad-1]

Maggie ~. Don’t feel bad. [smilie=th_empathy] Our tree is up, but that’s about it. DD#1 wants to help decorate it this weekend when she comes for DH’s birthday.

Amy ~ Brrr. I don’t envy your cold weather one bit. And speaking of mail, I think my November binge :ssshopping: packages are about to start rolling in [smilie=th_12E9EC16] , starting with a small Beezy Tarts order tomorrow. I still have my Front Porch, which is taking far longer than I expected ( I could’ve sworn she was RTS.), my ST Wax Wednesday order, Swanky Black Friday, and SGA BOGO Cyber Monday. I am now officially putting myself on a ban until Spring. You heard it first here!

BL Micky’s Fun Wheel ~ Sugared Coconut Cherry Kettle Corn

SGA Coconut Pear Birthday Cake

Homemade Salty Sea Air Lavender Toasted Marshmallow

[smilie=th_Hello_] everyone. Life has been really busy, and during Thanksgiving It wouldn't let me post. The ice storm that we had a couple of weeks ago about made me crazy. I had to work, client has 24 hours care and the person before we had worked 18 hrs. No power for 3 days, thank god he has a wood stove. Lots of trees down, you get the picture.

I am excited I have an advent calender from Hayden Rowe [smilie=th_ahaaha]

Have a great evening. Hope to post tomorrow.

Popping back in to say I changed the melters and they are so good that I had to report in.

Honeybear - you're going to have a bonanza coming up, with all those packages rolling in! :upssmiley1: There's just nothing like the sound of the mailman pulling up!

Well this afternoon it's:

Wax Workshoppe Boo Berry - just luscious. I love this! *Thanks sweet CF buddy!* [smilie=snoopy]

Southbound Christmas Cookies - lime, pine, cardamom, sugar cookies - I must say, I never tire of the pine/cookie combination, but this one is especially wonderful. :toppoints:

This month I am doing my best NOT to order more Southbound bags of shapes...there is an embarrassing number of them in the closet...sooooo wonderful.

OK that's enough of me gabbing. Looking forward to lots of news from everybody. [smilie=th_aa17]

Susan, sounds like a hectic time you've had! :wacko: Glad you're ok!

Maggie, hope you're enjoying lots of leftovers. ;) I've only cooked once since Thanksgiving. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Melting Peppermint Mocha from Sonoma. Smells delicious, especially with the pan of brownies that just came out of the oven. :D

Cookie, no power for 3 days sounds miserable. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon I am glad it is all better!

Honeybear, that is my kind of shopping! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

It has been very busy the past couple of days, very little melting. Budget time at work, lots of meetings - and then meetings about the meetings!

Tonight - Strawberry Mint Smash - SEMO, form a very nice Candlebuddy! [smilie=thank_you]