The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

We Gather Together To Ask The Lord's Scenting

Greetings all!! I hope everyone had a great Halloween last night.

A busy workday and I will write more later, but for now I am melting:

Southbound Strawberry Marshmallow Cookies - divine. Her strawberry is just .. Heavenly.

Updated later - melting The Bathing Garden Illusions of the Labyrinth. This is Mandarin, musk, sugar, and woodsy violet. Beautiful!

Good night all --

Cute title Amy! ???? And that Labyrinth sounds interesting!

Busy day at work followed by a meeting. Finally finished packing up all the rest of the Halloween decorations and all of the outdoor furniture. I'm glad it's done. It was a lovely day today even though I only got to enjoy a small bit if it. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

I am melting Eastern Oudh by Handmade in Florida

And downstairs is Spooky Apparitions by LSC...I thought myself crazy when I purchased a bunch of bags at her last opening (so long ago :( ) but it really keeps its strength...now I'm glad I did. I wonder if she'll ever open again.

Have a great night.

I know, Maggie! I really, really hope there is a LSC opening in our future - and that we know about it! [smilie=th_aa17]

Halloween was very quiet here, lots of left over candy in the office this morning. ;) Maybe the rain kept the little ones at home.

Tonight it is Kushner Kreations - Gruesome Graaveyard. Still have a few Halloween scents...well. maybe more than a few!

Hi All!

Great title Amy!

I posted in the October thread this morning.

Melted this morning VCS Going to the Chapel from the Royal Wedding Sampler. This was a nice blend of Italian Biscotti and jelly donuts.

Tonight was Semo Fruit Loops Marshmallow Birthday from a sweet CF friend. Lovely. Thank you!

Good Night All!!

Hello ladies!

It has stopped raining here in SW Ohio!!

Michele, I remember that VCS Going to the Chapel - good one!

Maggie, I followed your good example and put away the Halloween decorations...which were pretty minimal compared to your house transformation! I have left out the pumpkin melter in the spirit of the Harvest. And because I love that melter. ????

Debra, I'm afraid I have more than a few Halloween melts as well. *Ahem* I'm not sure where they all came from...

Well today I jumped right into the Christmas spirit and yes I realize it's early:

Southbound Christmas Tree Cookies - pine, lime, cardamom, and sugar cookies - ohhhhh I will need more of this.

And

Colonial Candles Snow Day - a giftie from a sweet CF pal - I love this so much. I will have to meter this one out very slowly while I seek another clam. ❄️????

Enjoy your Friday everybody!

Hi ladies!

Nice thread title, Amy. :)

We ended up with 264 little goblins on Halloween, however, we ran out of candy at 7:30 pm and trick-or-treating goes until 9 pm here. :( Next year I will need to buy more or else not be so generous so early in the evening. It was fun while it lasted and I was happy to see good manners from most.

Melting Honey Pear Cider from Scentsy. An oldie, but still one of my favorites. :wub:

That is sure a lot of Trick or Treaters, mpfand! :o It seems like it lasts til about 9 here too - the older kids come late!

Thank you for your title, AmyJo! [smilie=lookgood]

I hope everyone has fun plans for the weekend. We are going to be rainy for most of it. Could be a movie weekend!

Tonight - Hocus Pocus, Tiffany Candles.

Good Morning All.

I was fighting a stomach bug yesterday and still feeling a bit woozy but nothing too terrible. :icon_cry:

I rained all night but I can see some blue sky on the horizon and it's cooling down. Yay. Yesterday was humid. Weird weather.

Mpfand...I can't believe how many kids you get!! :sSc_faint: Wow!! We used to get about 200 or so and I thought that was a lot! No one rang the bell after 7:30 here and most of the kids were about 13-15 years old....that's a switch. Lots of thank yous, I'm happy to report!

Amy...Christmas scents? It's coming quick....

It's a homemade Gilded Amber from a sweet CF pal...thank you! :wub:

And downstairs it's Come Round Hagrids by GWW... :sSig_GoodOne:

Have a nice day.

Good Morning!

Only had about 60 trick or treaters here.

Melted yesterday Zeep Oktoberfest from a sweet CF friend.

Today it’s VCS Montague v Capulet from the Cream Cheese Sampler.

Enjoy the day all!

Hello, girls! :)

Maggie ~ Feel better! [smilie=th_empathy]

Debra ~ Hope you find some good movies. We watched The Darkest Hour recently and it was very good.

Halloween was nice. I didn’t count, but it was just enough to keep it fun. [smilie=th_thumbs20up] I still have a good amount of my Costco bag of candy left.

Dessa’s Secret Garden

Southbound Basic Witch ant Deathly Apples

Tuscany Lemon Sugar Cookies ~ Yoo-hoo...Carolooni [smilie=th_c2e41937] I went to Fry’s and you’re right. It’s yummy! [smilie=th_aa17]

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Hello dear everyone and hope you are having an enjoyable Saturday!

Maggie - I'm so sorry you're under the weather. Here's to a speedy recovery! [smilie=th_cuddle-1] Also - that GWW Hagrid's - love that one, so delicious.

Mpfand, that is a TON of little goblins, I envy you!

Michele! I forgot that you had gotten that VCS Cream Cheese Sampler - what do you think? How have the scents been?

Debra, now that we've gotten rid of our rain, you've picked it up. [smilie=th_slider_hi5] What is that Hocus Pocus scent? I see that name from a lot of vendors - it is from an oil with that name?

Susan, how is the throw from that OPT? I really like that vendor but it has seemed like the wax does need a good cure - what do you think?

Well today I kept busy and did get through all the [smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare] , which I actually enjoy - instant gratification when everything smells good and is hanging neatly in the closet. There were a couple of restocks and I *may* have placed a couple of orders, nothing TOO crazy.

So tonight still going strong for a day and a half is:

Colonial Candles Snow Day, a gift from a lovely CF pal, thank you!! - did I mention that I love this? - wow, long-lasting. I did find more of this on eBay.

[smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

and

L3 Nightmare on My Street - also a gift from a dear CF friend, thank you!! - oh, this is gorgeous! Salted caramel, Pumpkin Pecan Waffles, and pralines, delicious. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Have a good night all!

Susan, I also have a Trick or Treat scent - mine is from HHS. I wonder if they are they same? I know that scent was available from several vendors a couple of years ago, a fruity type of scent.

Honeybear - I saw that movie also - what amazing makeup! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

AmyJo - I am not sure if there is a Hocus Pocus oil! I saw a couple candles with different scent descriptions on line, mine was a very earthy scent.

Maggie, I hope you are on the mend!

Today I put a tart - Bubbling Caldren (Brown Bag) - in the melter. All of a sudden it was boiling and bubbling everywhere. I was pretty impressed and wondered how they did that...until I realized that I put it in the wrong melter, one that I washed and did not dry. [smilie=th_cha60] It was the remaining water in the bowl that was boiling and bubbling through the wax! I am lucky it did spray little blobs of wax everywhere.

Good morning ladies!

A beautiful sunrise this morning and the house is full of fall scents - lovely.

Maggie, I hope you are feeling better today!! ????

Debra, your bubbling waxie! [smilie=th_coffeespew] [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] The perfection of the name of that melt... I'm glad it didn't cause a waxident or spray on you, but I would have been impressed too. I'm almost tempted to try it out myself!

Also, I looked up that Hocus Pocus and it looks like it means different things to different vendors - yours was earthy, and there's another one with cranberry/pear... Then I found a sample in my Southbound drawer! and that one is Sour Patch kids and strawberry - must just be a popular name.

I've slowed way down on my progress through the stash, for a couple of reasons - I'm enjoying these fall scents so much that I hate to pour them out, and also with the still air in the house with no a/c, the cooler bulb melters are performing much better without the air whisking the scent away, so I keep them melting longer. In any case, it all smells glorious, but I can see having fall melts lasting for next year. [smilie=th_pardon]

I finally found a Bathing Garden scent I don't like, and after 30 or so clams this year, that is really saying something for this vendor. It was TBG Hoarfrost Tonic - lime, pine, cypress, and cool air - and I love all of those individually, so not sure what's going on here..it smells like linament to me. [smilie=th_puke] I melted only one cube and will try it again...next year.

So this morning it's:

The Bathing Garden Haunted Hayride - granny smith apples, cinnamon, caramel, pumpkin and hay - luscious, and smells quite a bit like Front Porch Hayride. The hay is by far the dominant note, but sweeter with the apples and caramel. [smilie=yes]

and

SEMO Pumpkin Twinkies - pleasant but very light.

Have a restful Sunday, all!

Good Sunday Morning....nice to get an extra hour! ⏰

Thanks Amy, Honeybear and Debra...I am feeling much better....still just a bit queasy which will probably take another day or two.

Debra...that's kinda scary!! I have worried about drying the bowls completely in the past...I'll try to keep it in mind again! Glad there were no wax explosions!

Amy...yes, sometimes the individual scents are nice but the combo is too much! I've had that as well. But her Haunted Hayride is amazing!

Today is SGA Strudel and Spice Latte Sugar Cookie...needed a nice coffee scent this morning...brrrrr.

Upstairs it's Bourbon Sauce....interestingly good.

Have a nice day. :)

Good Morning !

Maggie-Glad to hear you are feeling much better. Being queasy is a horrible feeling. That SGA coffee scents smells wonderful.

AmyJo-I am always amazed by how much wax you go through. I melt so slowly through my stash I never seem to make a dent. I just can’t seem to change out scents when I can even smell then a little bit. This makes for very slow progress.

Very quiet here this morning. No DH and no DD this weekend. She’s at a work conference in Charleston this weekend. Kept busy though. I had some returns I took care of and treated myself to some new things yesterday. Then last night I unexpectedly ran into some old friends and we went to dinner. We had a wonderful time. We always try to plan and doesn’t work out. It was a great night!!

Melting this morning GWW Ma Ingalls. This is a wonderful blend of Apple, Pumpkin, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Hay. This is my first time trying this vendor courtesy of a wonderful CF friend. Thank you!!

Enjoy the day all!!

Good morning!

Michele ~ I’m the same way. I melt until all the scent is gone. [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

ST Son of Hermès ~ Espresso Latte, Pistachio, and Brown Sugar

Southbound Basic Witch

Dessa’s Secret Garden

CFOW Woolen Blanket

Burning YC Moonbeams on Pumpkins

Have a good day!

Maggie, I'm glad you're feeling better. Hope you've had a restful day.

I have to eek out every last bit of scent from my melts, too. Unless it's a scent I don't like. Then I tolerate for as long as I can and dump it. Luckily that doesn't happen very often.

Melting Fall Harvest from Antique Candle Works. My SIL sent me this. :wub:

Count me in the group that can not dump a scent if I can still smell it. Even if my nose is almost right over it, that counts! :blush: I does make it difficult to melt down the stash!

Michele, how fun to have a spontaneous outing! I agree, it is so hard to set things up so everyone can go - and often when you do, someone has to cancel! [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

I am sort of cinnamon/earthy maxed out for a bit - so today it was Wilma's Butterfly Fields. Kind of a green scent - a nice change.

Good morning all!

Little bit busy today and will catch up later.

Melting Winter Blues by The Bathing Garden. I knew there was a lovely blue sugar scent around here somewhere!

Edited later on a break: Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Miss Maggie - I hope you continue to feel better!!

Michele - spur-of-the-moment fun like you describe - to me, this is the best! I'm glad you and your friends had a wonderful time!

Debra, I also needed a break from all the pumpkin. The blue sugar did the trick and oh it was lovely.

Well gee whiz, I guess I'm one of the few here dumping wax while it still has some scent to it. Most of the time, the melts get at least 8 hours. They may not be done, but I am. Now...exceptions can be made. I currently have one melter with TBG Illusions of the Labyrinth that's been going for 4 days. I love that soooo much that I can't bear to pour it out. See? I do have a heart. I'm not always a wax murderer. :sFun_nahnahna3:

OK back on the chain gang - more later ladies.

Have a fine Monday!

Hello, ladies! [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

Amy- "wax murderer" [smilie=th_lol22]

Busy getting ready to leave bright and early tomorrow morning. I'm headed to ID to spend a week with my side of the family, specifically to see my 90 year old grandmother and my little sister. It's been 3 years since I've seen my sister so I expect there will be a few tears when we first see each other. She is flying in from KY.

Still time to melt, though. ;) Falling Leaves from Scentsy.