The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

October’s BOOtiful Scents

Happy Friday....and I'm glad this week is over! Whew.

Debra...I love that hubby keeps bringing home those candles!! Very sweet!????

Amy...the Goosecreek CC is doing ok for a candle. I can smell it but not strongly. I think it was the lightest on cold sniff as well. I'm anticipating good things for my new Paradox Box Candles....strong on cold sniff. Think I'll take the tops off and use it in the warmers...that way no spillage. [smilie=th_cc8]

Michele...enjoy the wedding. I hear the rain and crazy winds should mostly stop by 2...here's hoping. ????????

It's Transylvania by My Paradox Box....one little clam seems Uber strong... :confettistars:

Goodnight.

Heading to the beach for the weekend. It will be stormy, but I think that is fun - the waves and the fog make it look so different. [smilie=th_c032]

AmyJo - I am revisiting my inability to smell most candy corn scents. Maybe they are not consistent? It is rare that I get any scent. Maggie? I am curious also about your GC.

Michele, I am also trying really hard to use things up now that I am weaned away form ordering so much. I have to admit that I had to check out a couple of sites tonight and was tempted. :blush:

Today was a SGA sample I was not sure about when I got it - Mexican Fried Ice Cream. It smelled really fattening and good! :wub:

Hello everyone!

A rainy day. Debra, I love the beach in the rain too - hope you're having a great day.

Tonight we will be going out on the town - our favorite seafood restaurant on the river, in honor of my DH's birthday. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Susan, that Nutmeg and Ginger sounds excellent.

Maggie, glad you're enjoying your Paradox Box! I would be tempted by that just because I love the name. :D

Mpfand - I love that Scentsy Casting Spells so much. :wub:

Honeybear - those VCS Mystery Boxes are still 30% off...I am trying to resist... :unsure:

Well I caved and ordered a few things today...a few bags from Southbound and a fabulous RTS order from L3. The L3 double bundts on sale have been calling my name for days... [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

Last night it was:

Spotted Hog Sin-O-Min Cake - ohhhhh so strong and delicious!

And today it's gifties from two sweet CF pals: [smilie=th_teks0311]

L3 7-Up Pound Cake Clementine - a big bundt! - and this is so strong and fizzy and perfect that I may have to order more of these. THANK YOU!!

and

Colonial Candles Snow Day - yes I realize I'm getting ahead of things, but this smells SOOOO good and I couldn't put it down - musk, coconut, vanilla noir. THANK YOU!!

Have a lovely evening!

Thank you, Cookie, Mpfand and AmyJo! Despite the rain forecast we woke up to a beautiful blue sky that lasted until late morning - until the monsoon hit! Boy, did it rain! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon It is still raining sideways, if you know what I mean!

However, while the sky was clear and blue, and sun sparkled on the water, we had a real treat. [smilie=th_LOVE] A bald eagle landed on top of a pine tree right in front of our deck! It sat on top like a Christmas tree-top ornament for about 10 minutes while we scrambled trying to figure out the best way to get a picture!

Today it was BH&G Blackberry Bourbon. We discussed this a few weeks ago - and I was all set to melt mine...but then I could not find it. It appears I took it to the beach! :blush: I opened my melt drawer here, and there it was! It was not as strong and I expected since blackberry is generally pretty strong!

Michele - a final confession...I lasted 24 hours after saying I was going to try to melt what I have. [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Good morning all!

A beautiful candlelit seafood dinner on the river last night for DH's birthday. The restaurant has a new chef and wow - this is a place we have loved for years, but everything was so much fresher, less bathed in butter. Fabulous!

Debra, your day at the beach sounds delightful, with both sun and rain. We seem to have a consistent take on the BH&G Blackberry Bourbon. Perhaps it needs to cure! That's my answer for everything. [smilie=th_scratch] You were so lucky to get to see the bald eagle - and he must have liked it there on his perch, to stay contentedly for so long.

Well that L3 Clementine bundt went strong for hours and hours and hours - beautiful. Switched things up a bit this morning:

The Bathing Garden Wolfsbane Bites - a unique, lovely, slightly spooky blend. Sugar cookies, butter and Moroccan mint - I've never met a mint I didn't like and this one is so different and refreshing. Another winner! :toppoints:

I hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday. :thwetkissf:

Hi everyone. This month hasn't been very nice. I had to repair my roof a couple of weeks ago. Boyfriends hot water heater decided to give up the ghost at 4 am this morn, thank god before he went to work. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Candle for today: Cinnamon by Woodwick, before I go to work today.

Good Morning All!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Susan-Sorry about all the house troubles this month. These things all seem to happen at once.

Amy-Glad you enjoyed your DH’s birthday dinner. Sounds like a fun night.

Debra-I always say the same thing. I have really cut back a lot. I have no room and I still can’t control myself. My DD told me the other day I have a problem. I know I really do but I love it!! I sometimes forget what melts I keep at the beach house too. Do you close your house for the winter? With DH in Ohio we don’t have much opportunity now to go during the winter months. We are going for the day in 2 weeks though.

Last night we had my friend’s daughter’s wedding in Long Island. We had a great time but it was a very late night.

Yesterday I melted TBG Vampire’s Blood from the Halloween Sampler. Again this was so strong and so good. This morning it’s CFOW Bone Daddy, a blend of PPW, Caramel Pretzels and Vanilla Ice Cream.

DH heads back to Ohio tonight. ???? It was a good weekend though.

Have a great day all!

Good morning everyone,

There must have been a lot of spooky goings-on this weekend because it sure is quiet around this board. :unsure:

Susan - I'm so sorry about the roof and the hot water heater - when it rains, it pours. [smilie=th_sad-1] You are due for a string of better luck now! [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Michele, I'm glad you all had a great time at the wedding! Also, I'm glad you'll get to visit your beach house in a couple of weeks. Did that CFOW Bone Daddy throw at all for you? As for the wax accumulation...I made a *few* orders too...I'll fall back on my old saw that we could be up to far worse mischief than sweet smellies. [smilie=th_aa17]

Maaaagggiieeee, hi! Honeybear, yoooohoooo! Aria, hellloooo! Where have you ladies been hiding? [smilie=The_Hi]

Well the TBG Wolfsbane Bites of yesterday was so fabulous that I ordered it in a scrub. [smilie=th_Whistle] This morning it finally started to fade, so it's:

Golden Willow Waxes - All Hallow's Eve - Apple Cider, Pumpkin, and Spices - different from all the other versions of this! Sharper and crisper, can really get the nutmeg. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

and

The Bathing Garden Buttered Brew - sweet clotted cream, salted caramel, butterscotch, cream soda. If possible, this is even better than the one yesterday. [smilie=th_cc15]

Enjoy your days...even if it is Monday. :flirtysmile4:

Good Morning!!

Yes I agree Amy. It sure is quiet around here. Hope everyone is enjoying good things. That TBG Buttered Brew was a good one.

The CFOW Bone Daddy threw very well surprisingly. It was super strong. Great scent!!

This morning is OPT Vanilla Cake Pops Zucchini Bread. It’s just getting started.

Have a great Monday!

[smilie=th_hello]

Sounds like everyone had a nice weekend. [smilie=th_sml29]

Amy ~ [smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d to your DH! Glad to hear you had a great time. I’ll take my lobster with lots of butter, thank you very much. [smilie=th_5337c1ad]

Susan ~ Sorry to hear about the house troubles Dealing with vehicle issues on our end. [smilie=grrr]

Michele ~ I’m happy DH was able to come home for the wedding. I know it’s hard with all the back and forth. [smilie=th_empathy]

Debra ~ I’m going to tell DH about your bald eagle visitation. He will really think that’s cool!

CFOW Hippie Chick ~ from a sweet CF pal [smilie=th_LOVE]

ST Coven ~ Cola, VBN, Zucchini Bread

BL Haunted Mansion ~ Blue Sugar, Vanilla Sandalwood, Twisted Peppermint

Homemade Lime Marshmallow Birthday Cake

DH and I got more handles put on our cabinetry over the weekend. I don’t know why it’s taking so long. But I’m still waiting on one drawer face replacement from the builder. Yesterday we did his packet office and the laundry room. Looks really nice! Then last night we watched some of the baseball game and fired up the spa for a soak. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

I may take a peek at rhe VCS boxes, Amy... [smilie=typen]

Good evening! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Susan, I hope the repairs are going well!

Michele - we are at the beach house pretty much year around. There is only a span of about 3-4 weeks when someone is not there!

I got home late again tonight - and had planned to roast some vegetables - so I decided to just go for it! I may be up til midnight. :wacko:

Tonight it is one of the original Scentsationals - Trick or Treat. It says licorice, but fortunately it is more clove with just a hint of black licorice.

Good Morning!

Debra- You are lucky. I would love to spend more time at the beach this time of year. It’s VERY quiet there this time of year.

This morning I am melting a really good one-SGA Pretzel Vanilla Bean Noel Latte. This is two of my favorite scents together. Love this!!

Honeybear-sounds like everything is finally almost done. Those VCS mystery boxes were hard to resist. I got mine yesterday and was very pleased. The loaf I got was Little Nell which is a different kind of scent for me but everyone raves about. I like to try different scents. Now that basket can’t fit another thing in it. Trying to keep my ban until spring but we shall see if I can hold out.

Hope you all have a great day!!

Good morning ladies,

Looks like we get a break from rain today and then it begins again in earnest, with flood warnings for the rest of the week. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon Ilove rainy days but the folks down along the river will have scares again, a tough time for lots of people.

Debra, how late did you stay up roasting those veggies? Which ones did you choose? That sounds completely delicious. [smilie=th_LOVE] How was that Trick or Treat? I love licorice to eat, have never had one in a scent.

Michele, glad to hear that the CFOW Bone Daddy did well. I loved that sample, gorgeous pretzel scent. I put in on my list for next time. [smilie=yes]

Honeybear!! Good to see you. I envy you that soaking spa! Did you do any damage over at VCS? You crack me up with your buttered lobster preference - you sound like my DH. And I wish we could post pics here so everybody could watch your little Heidi Pie growing up! [smilie=th_catkiss]

Carolooooooni, hi! [smilie=th_wave] how are you doing?

Well last night and this morning I've been melting luscious gifties from sweet CF pals - thank you so much!! [smilie=thank_you]

L3 Butt Naked Blueberry Cobbler (strawberry, banana, peach, melon, blueberry cobbler) - this is so beautifully blended and strong that I'm afraid I went online and ordered more...plus a couple of other items on sale....I'm hopeless...delicious! [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Homemade Cinnamon Glazed Baklava - may I say, we have such a talented individual in our midst - this is tremendous. [smilie=th_aa21] The spices are just right and I am drooling. [smilie=th_happy096]

VCS Autumn in Salem (pumpkin, cinnamon sugared donuts) - this is an absolutely beautiful scent which is now filling the house. Gorgeous!!

My Paradox Box Halloween Harvest - beautiful candle with little pumpkin heads grinning out at me - lovely crisp apple scent. It really makes me feel like Halloween and looks gorgeous on the table![smilie=th_teks0311]

A question for all of you who have been enjoying wax for years - how do clamshells do with longer-term storage, as in longer than a year? If I look closely at these little boxes, I wouldn't say they are completely airtight - many of them have leaks along the edges. Do you think the scent fades over time when they're not like their buddies in cello bags? And if so, how do you repackage them? *sounds like a bit of work*

It's off to work I go...enjoy the beautiful Fall days in between the raindrops.

Good morning [smilie=th_5337c1ad]

Amy, I find that clams last a long time. I've had some that get oily or soft after a year or so, but typically they retain their scent very well. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Melting Graveyard Fog from Colonial Candle. The wax is black which kind of adds to the spookiness. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_fluc

Hi everyone. Melted yesterday: Fizzy Pop by OPT

Lemon Curd by OPT, really like this scent.

Melting today: Barrel- pumpkin, pecan waffle, fresh blueberry by CFOW, don't care for this one not a fan of blueberry.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts on the house problems. I got the roof repaired and boyfriend is working on his water heater. My client that I do two morn a week has a broken rib, please pray for her as she is in a lot of pain and her family also.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Good morning! I've had the house open all morning and it's beautiful. I'll have to close up in an hour or so. Trying to trap the cooler air in and avoid the AC coming on this afternoon!

Honeybear - did you manage to get to Fry's for those Lemon Sugar Cookie melts? Oh, it's so good! Interesting to hear about the vendor's concern about melters. I can't help be a little dubious about their safety. Could be the former insurance person in me. I've left the industry, but the things I've seen and heard never will leave me. t3616.gif

Maggie - I had to check out what you meant about the My Paradox Box candles and taking the tops off. I get it now! Those look fascinating. s0247.gif

Debra - Wow, how exciting to see a bald eagle like that! Must've been quite affecting so close up. Your Blackberry Bourbon sounds devine. I notice I'm really getting into bakery and berry type scents lately and that one sounds great. How great having a beach house you can use so often! I LOVE roasted vegetables too! My favorite!

graphics-food-088437.gif

Susan - I'm so sorry this month hasn't been so good for you. Problems really do seem to come all bunched together like that. Not fair! Lemon Curd sounds droolable (if that's a word....it is now!) I just love anything lemony!! food-and-drinks-lemons-995133.gif

Mpfand - How was that Graveyard Fog? Black wax does sound spooky and I love it! t10112.gif

AmyJo - So great to hear your dinner out with DH was so good! And to have a favorite restaurant get even better? Fantastic. I love the rain too, but I hope you don't get too much. A nice, slow, soaker is what I love. Stay dry! t111025.gif

Michele - I laughed about your DD saying you "have a problem".c0701.gif That's my kind of problem. That Buttered Brew you and AmyJo talked about sounds great!

Burning my pretty pillars and melting Hanna's Cinnamon Pumpkin Tart this morning. Can't believe it's Halloween tomorrow. Are you all handing out treats? Dressing up? My neighborhood doesn't seem to get much kid traffic anymore, and I'm not all that crazy about buying candy for teenagers who come around every year, so I'm going to pass this year. Bummer, but times are a-changing, I guess. t98056.gif

Hello All!

Been a busy weekend and Mondays and Tuesdays are crazy here.

[smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d to your Hubby Amy! Glad you had a nice time...sounds yummy! I have old clams and most of the time they hold up pretty good...sometimes they start to corrode so I have to either use them or repackage them but that's not often.

Mpfand...I have the Graveyard Fog too! It's a nice twist on licorice!

Susan...sorry to hear of all your house troubles lately but glad everything seems to be under control now. I will pray for your client...that's very sad news.

Carolooni...they are pretty candles! ???? Yes, I give out treats but the last two years we didn't get as much children as previous years. They have something called Trunk or Treat here....it seems a bit silly to me but it's a big hit with the youngsters and I think the parents rather do that than walk all over or allow their kids to go alone.

Debra...how'd it go with the roasted veggies? I love doing that....great in a wrap for work! ????

It's been

Nancy's Wax in Primitive Harvest

Wax Workshoppe in Candy Cane Cupcake/Esperanza's Bakery/Strawberry

VRC Impossible Girl

Homemade Apple Crisp/Marshamallow Fireside from a sweet pal! Thanks so much! ????

Goodnight

AmyJo - I have bunches of clamshells and for the most part they do well. Every now and then the plastic gets soft - not sure if it is the oil? Sometimes I have several clams from a vendor and only one or two get soft. That is usually after a year or so! I don't rebag those. Mine have held up as is!

I ended up only roasting the sweet potatoes, I got sort of "cubed" out! However, I tried roasting chickpeas for the first time. Yum!! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] Just a little crunchy. I must make more! So, my night was not as late as it could be. But now I have some carrots and parsnips looking at me when I open the refrigerator.

Tonight I have FA McGee - Grave Digger. Good name, smells like I stuck my nose in a bag of potting soil! [smilie=th_confused3] I feel like I should keep melting it because it is Halloweeny - but we'll see...

Happy Halloween

Melting FP Sugar Cookie Flapjacks & Hotcakes...not very Halloween-y lol

Maggie I think Trunk or Treat is silly too.

If we have good weather, we get lots of trick or treaters here. Sometimes we sit out on the porch and hand out candy. I didn't even get a pumpkin this year. Most of the neighbors go all out and really decorate. I just have no interest in it. I'm like the Scrooge of Halloween lol. I do LOVE decorating for Christmas though!

Hope everyone has a great night.

t98013.gif

Pumpkin Caramel Parfait by Hanna's Pumpkin Palooza collection is just starting to melt this morning. Hope it's a strong one.

I just heard about Trunk or Treat this year too. Sounds like they don't even do it on the actual day of Halloween. Doesn't sound like as much fun to me, but what do I know.

Hope everyone has fun and is safe tonight!

Happy Halloween! ???? ???? ???? Hope everyone has a safe, fun day!

White chicken chili is in the crockpot and pumpkin blondies are cooling on the counter. We're expecting around 500 trick-or-treaters this year. I'm ready with bags of candy. ????????????

Melting Trick-Or-Treat from Tuscany Candle. I thought it would be a sweet, candy type scent, but I smell cinnamon. I like It!

Happy Halloween! ????????????

I’m super excited for Halloween tonight! [smilie=th_smilies-1] I realized that we haven’t had trick-or-treaters since 2004! That’s because the house we built after that one was in a more rural area where the houses were far apart. We never had any trick-or-treaters and I always missed it.

I agree on the trunk or treat idea. How lazy can our society get. No wonder we have such a high obesity rate.

Mpfand ~ I’m looking up recipes for what you’ve got going for dinner. Yum!

Susan ~ Sending healing thoughts to your client.

Carolooni ~ I never made it to the store, but added the lemon melts to my list. Thanks for the reminder! [smilie=th_LOVE]

CFOW Salty Sea Air Fire Roasted Marshmallow

CFOW Salty Sea Air Marshmallow Fluff

CFOW Salty Sea Air Caribbean Teakwood

Burning PL Spiced Pumpkin and GC Pumpkin Apple Butter

Tonight in all my cute Halloween tealight houses and holders I will have lots more spiced pumpkin and maple walnut tealights going on.