The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

October’s BOOtiful Scents

Yikes, Carolooni! How frightening! Breaking a window takes way more nerve than trying to find an unsecure door or window.

Honeybear - that also took guts! You would think that all that racket would alarm neighbors! I am glad to have a dog that barks - but she travels with my husband. Then I really miss the security! (We had a break-in several years ago. I came home and the front door was slightly ajar. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon Our stereo (back when we had them, LOL) and our microwave was missing.)

mpfand, I would be in serious trouble if someone stopped by! Between the cat toys and candles, I would never hear the end of it! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Tonight it is TDC - Fern Valley.

Good morning ladies,

Well, we are surely setting the scene for Halloween around here...I read about these break-ins last night before going to sleep. That may have been a mistake. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Carolooni, they meant business with that paver...the most interesting thing to me is how you knew something was off just from your intuition - very smart to just leave. I'm sorry you had to go through all that and then the troubles with your Mom...but I'm really glad, as you say, that you didn't go in when they were there.

Honeybear - you were so smart to scream so loud...the part that hit me there was, what was the guy going to do if you had answered the door?? Too creepy. I'm so glad he ran off.

Maggie, I'm grateful that all we've had to worry about lately is wind blowing everything around - you had some good ones to pick up your outdoor furniture! My outdoor wreath (not one of your beautiful ones, Maggie, just an old one that the birds have robbed from until it's almost bare) blew clear across the yard. Happily our trees are all ok.

Mpfand, I really applaud that you have the guest bedroom and bath ready to receive guests. The same is not true here. It's usually tidy enough but I can imagine that people wouldn't appreciate all the wax activities going on. Also, Clemmie is in charge and guests would have to become part of her Staff. [smilie=th_allah]

Michele, glad you found some good sales! Also, glad you have the alarm system and cameras! [smilie=th_aa17]

We had a break-in a few years back. We used to have a small family farm. Nobody used to lock up out here, us included. At the time, we had seven dogs (I know...it was kind of like the wax...they just kept showing up...), two of which (Montgomery and his brother Dan) were big livestock Pyrennees. It was the dead of August and everybody was inside due to the heat. The two big dogs used to lie at opposite ends of the house and snore away. We were at work. When I got home and came inside, the window next to the fireplace was thrown completely open, and we never opened a window with the A/C on in August. There was $200 lying on a bureau for the firehouse raffle, untouched. I just stared at the window until I figured out that we weren't the ones who had opened it.

I tried to imagine the pandemonium...first the beagles howling at a strange face...then the big dogs waking up and coming from behind the guy...and Montgomery did not suffer fools lightly. Anyway there was a door nearby but the guy chose the closest window, which let him into the fenced dog area... He wasn't out of trouble yet, because the dogs had access to that pen through a doggie door around the corner. He had to climb over two sets of fences to get off the property, and the top wires on both were bent. I laughed when I realized what a panic he must have been in, and that there was easy cash there for the taking that he didn't have time to consider. I have always wondered how many seconds elapsed from entry to escape.

Anyway it turned out to be a pair of guys who broke into just about every house in that country township. One guy would hang outside while the other one went in. Some friends from the fire department finally caught them. Sadly we all started locking up after that. There is no substitute for a loud dog, or seven.

So! Last night it was:

Southbound Pink Bedtime Blend - pink sugar, lavender, chamomile, neroli, and lily of the valley - I love this so very much. So comforting.

And this morning it's:

Scentsy Hemingway - apple, sandalwood, cedar, spice - now I see why everyone is hoarding this - glorious!! - this was a gift from a wonderful CF pal - THANK YOU!!

Enjoy your Tuesday and stay safe!

[smilie=th_Hello_]

Mpfand ~ Did they at least call first? Or just show up at your door? Now that, my friends, is something I would never have the guts to do. [smilie=grrr] Good thing you had your guest space ready, but a little fair warning is always best.

Amy ~ Looks like the dogs earned their keep that night for sure! [smilie=th_aa17] Almost makes me wish I was more of a dog person, but I’m with Michele. Every home after our experience has had a security system!

BL My Funny Valentine ~ Delicious blend of strawberry white cake and strawberry cotton candy that swooned my nose until two in the morning since I couldn’t sleep again last night. [smilie=cloud_9]

BL Be Our Guest ~ Lemon pound cake, sweet strawberry slices, and rich buttercream

Lit a Yankee Luscios Pumpkin Trifle for the first time today. Wish I could say I can smell it. [smilie=th_baaaaa]

Hello!

Gosh Amy...that's kinds scary but kinda funny!! Glad those crooks got chased by the dogs!! Lololol. Dogs ARE a great security system!

It's Colonial Candles Indian Summer...perfect for this warm day after all those freezing days. I think it's funny how I finally turned the heat on last night and it's 66 Degrees out today!!

Have a good one. :)

Quick update - Maggie, it is Indian Summer here as well - so beautiful!

Honeybear - I'm sorry the Yankee candle isn't doing anything.

I switched out the melters - it's:

SGA Pumpkin Creme Brulee Pretzel from a dear CF pal - scrumptious and filling the whole house. I looooooove the pretzel in this one. THANK YOU!!

Hi All!,

This is turning out to be a very busy week. Not much chance to enjoy my scents. Brought my daughter’s car for brakes and what I was told was a 90 minute wait turned into 4 hours.

This morning’s melt was SS Linnea which was Lavender and Fresh Rain. Beautiful scent from a lovely CF friend. Thank you. Just changed to TBG Pumpkin Masquerade. This one is filling the first floor. Loving this vendor!! I just got a shipping notice today from my small September Winter Collection Order. Can’t wait!!

Quite a bit of you had some scary stories to share. Glad it all turned out ok and bobody was hurt. Scary stuff.

Maggie-That SGA scent sounds right up my alley. I haven’t ordered from there in quite awhile. It’s too tempting and I could open my own store with her stuff. Need to melt more from that vendor so I can order more. Love pretzel scents!

AmyJo - your story tickeled my funnybone! They had no idea what they got themselves into! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Honeybear - thanks for the feedback on the YC scent - I almost bought that one last weekend and chose another - after much deliberation!

Michele, I think there is an unwritten law that says car repairs must take hours to complete. It always takes longer than I expect. :(

Tonight it is LOL - Twigs and Berries, I forget how much I like this scent!

Good morning ladies,

A busy day so this will be quick. [smilie=th_happy096]

Michele, that's very sweet of you to help with your daughter's brakes - and you're right, those visits seem to take a long time.

Debra - Twigs and Berries sound right up my alley - I love those woody notes.

Well The Bathing Garden Halloween collection continues to send me into transports of joy -

TBG Pagan Moon - oh, could this be any lovelier?? Apple, pear, strawberry, and leaves - with the tealight. Also the clam had a mysterious large wax embed of a beautiful moon face. Visually and scentfully perfect. [smilie=cloud_9]

Have a fabulous Wednesday all!

Good morning!

Debra ~ l’m giving the candle another try today, and if it doesn’t perform, back it goes. I have my receipt and I’ll go swap it for something that I know does well! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] I’m missing the cinnamon one I burned a lot to help get our house sold. And, I know this will sound crazy [smilie=th_5337c1ad] , and I don’t know how on earth it took so long for me to find it, but last week when DD#1 was here, we found an outdoor mall that’s only 10 minutes from here! And there’s a Yankee store there! [smilie=th_200912104451]

Michele ~ Hope the bill didn’t increase the same rate as the wait!

BL Volcano Cupcakes

BL Pink Booberry Whipped Cream

Dessa’s Cake Bake

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Wednesday? How the heck did that happen?? smileys-confused-917847.gif

Honeybear - I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's stroke and her fall! It's so hard to see them ailing and in pain, isn't it? Your break-in sounds absolutely TERRIFYING! Good for you for screaming! Sounds very like what's been going on around here. Police think the criminals come around and ring or knock to see if anyone is home. If they don't get an answer or hear TV/radio/movement/dogs, they'll then break right in. They thought that's what probably happened at my place. I, like you, would always not answer the door if I didn't want to deal with it, but NEVER again. I've got the Ring doorbell now, so even if I'm not at home, I'll be able to shoo anyone away or call the police!

Mpfand - [smilie=superman] You're Superwoman for having your guest bedroom and bath ready for company! Spontaneity is NOT my middle name! I'd have to fly around like a ninny to get things ready for a drop-in overnight guest. I'm in total awe, and glad you enjoyed your company!

Michele - so glad you had fun and success at the outlets! I've got one just a couple of miles away that I haven't ventured to yet. Need to do that before the holidays!

Debra - I don't blame you for missing your traveling dog (and DH of course!).

AmyJo - I was glad my instincts were on target! I've always thought I was pretty aware of my surroundings without being paranoid, and I guess I was right, thankfully. Weird though, that I began to doubt my instincts. Never again! I'm trusting my gut from now on! Hilarious about those guys trying to escape trying to break in at your place! I could watch videos of situations like that ALL DAY! :sHa_sarcasticlol: Glad they were caught!

MaggieMae - Indian Summer sounds perfection. I checked it out and it's half price. Aaaaaaaaaaah!

I had to scrub out the dish of my warmer last night. It had burnt on hard wax residue. It took baking soda and vinegar soak and some Soft Scrub to get it clean again. Is this common? Did I have it on too long?

Another question....are you all getting tired of my newbie questions yet? t1833.gif

Do you leave your electric (hot plate type) warmers going all night? I'd like to, but I'm a little nervous about it. What's the consensus?

I'm having a break from the fall fragrances today and melting Tuscany Candle Lemon Sugar Cookie. They had them half price at the grocery store and I stocked up. Yum!

Honeybear, they called when they were an hour away. :blink: I appreciate that they wanted to see us, but I would've preferred a bit more notice. I was just glad that I already had a decent dinner planned with enough for everyone and that we didn't have anything going on. The following evening we had dinner plans and would have found ourselves in an awkward situation.

Carolooni, spontaneity is not my middle name, either! Funny, DH said I was superwoman, too. I might have glared at him and reminded him that it was his brother. [smilie=th_laughing] That lemon scent sounds delicious! [smilie=yes] Please ask as many questions as often as you want. :) My DD has a hot plate warmer in her bedroom and leaves it on 24/7. She does turn it off if we all go on vacation. I do turn off my bulb warmers at night, but more to conserve scent than because I think it's unsafe.

Michele, sounds like a fun time at the outlets! I despise car repairs. It always takes longer and costs more than it should. [smilie=th_fear8]

Melting a gift from a lovely pal, Blueberry Pecan Waffles from Southbound. Truly amazing that I can smell each scent note and it's a scrumptious combination! :wub: I love that the blueberry isn't drowning out the other scents.

Hello All!

Oh Carolooni....I can't even say how much I just spent over at Colonial! [smilie=th_paper-bag] But I got 45% off so I'm good! LOL it's all in the perspective...right? Those nice sales on top of clearance prices get me every time! And questions are always welcome!! I use mostly hot plate warmers and 1 bulb warmer. I trust the bulb warmer much more than the hot plate although I leave them going 24/7 which I am sure is insane. [smilie=th_pardon]

Mpfand...you are a trooper...although they did give you an hour....that's nothing if you weren't prepared at all. Good save....and if you had a nice time in the end,,,that's what counts! :sHa_thumbgoodjob:

Michele...I ❤️ Phantom of the Opera scent!

Honeybear...always a good day to find a candle store! Lol

It's SH Banshee Bread Pudding

SB Strawberry Marshmallow Cookie

SB Zombie Bread

All from a sweet CF pal...thanks...smells wonderful in here! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Good luck with your candle, honeybear. It is a good thing that you can trade them in - I have had to do that a couple times.

Carolooni - I have some pretty cheap plate warmers and I do not leave those on overnight. Since my bulb melter has a lightbulb like my table lamp, I feel better leaving that one on most of the time. My preference overall is the one on the timer that comes on just before I wake up! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

I will be going by an outlet mall this weekend - but no YC. They have a B&BW - but it is not outlet pricing, just normal retail sadly! [smilie=th_fear8]

One good think about no internet for so many days - no opportunity to shop for wax! I have been pretty good since that fiasco - but I am starting to hear the call of the wax! [smilie=th_cha40]

Tonight it is SGA - Apricot Chamomile Noel.

Good afternoon ladies!

On my lunch break. Chilly inside and out!

Carolooni, I love all your questions...after all, this is everybody's favorite subject here! [smilie=snoopy] I have (rarely, but a few times) had stuff bake onto the bottom of a hot melter, such as heavy spices in a bakery melt. I don't think it's dangerous because there's all that liquid on top of it, but it's a pain to scrub. Also, sometimes the dyes will really penetrate the bottom of a lighter plate melter and that's a scrubbing exercise as well.

Maggie, that Colonial sale is something else! Amazing discounts...nice scents....oh, so tough to resist...I keep going back to this one and L3 with the giant bundts.... [smilie=th_ee29]

Mpfand, the more I think about your brother-in-law and his wife showing up with an hour's notice for dinner and the night...let's just say I would not have been ready. [smilie=th_e030]

Honeybear, glad you found a new mall to get a quick wax fix! [smilie=th_sign0162]

Michele, I will order some of that VCS Phantom of the Opera the next time I fill a cart over there...I remember you recommending that one!

Debra, good for you on your self-discipline!! [smilie=th_thumbs20up] It's tough right now, isn't it? So many restocks and clearances! I am fighting off the fever...

Well today is truly Christmas in October, because The Bathing Garden Winter Collection has arrived (in a rather large box). :upssmiley1: This one I have truly been looking forward to and it exceeded my expectations. Everything is gorgeously decorated, with adorable embeds and multiple types of glitter, many sprinkles of which seem to be now on my nose. There isn't a one Ii don't like on cold sniff. Some of my favorite scents are The Winter Palace, Bohemian Solstice, and Chestnuts and Pinecones. Exquisite. A beautiful bag of samples...I am hooked for life. [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

So I also took a break from all the pumpkin and am melting:

The Scented Squirrel Chill - avobath (avocado, lemongrass) and Cannabis flowers - and no it doesn't smell like the funny stuff. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon This scent was gorgeous a few months ago and the curing has made it very strong indeed. It's sunny and sweetly floral with the lemongrass taking a front seat. Beautiful! [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Take care all. It's two months until Christmas! [smilie=th_thConfus_55]

Thanks for all of your welcoming of my questions! Awesome group of ladies! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

I appreciate your perspectives on the melters. I have one in the master bedroom that I usually turn on an hour or two before bedtime, but I always turn it off when I settle in. I would dearly love to have it smell awesome when I wake up. I may have to get adventurous and try leaving it on all night!

The Tuscany Candles Lemon Sugar Cookie yesterday was SOOOOO GOOOOOOOD! I turned the melter off when I left to go out for the evening and when I got back several hours later, it still smelled like lemon cookies baking. I'm in love! Those were $1 each clamshell at Fry's (Kroger) the other day.

Today I lit some scented pillars I have had for awhile. They smelled nice just unlit, but they gave out NO scent while burning, which has been my experience with pillars in general. They looked pretty burning though. I turned on the melter with Candlemart (Hanna's) Vanilla Aromabeads. It's a very gentle fragrance. Very nice.

I watched a QVC Luminara flameless candle infomercial last night...couldn't resist. Those are so pretty! A few years ago I was quite scornful of flameless candles. What's the point I would say. But they've grown on me.

I now have 10 flameless candles (not Luminaras, but still nice) now throughout my house! I like that they flicker and have timers and can be safely displayed where an actual candle might not be so great. With a real candle or two burning and my melter(s) going, I'm not missing out on any fragrance, and I get lots of pretty, glowing candle light. I think they're great for night lights too. When I have overnight company, I like to leave one going in the hall bathroom.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

I think I may invest in those candles too, Carolooni!! I think they're very pretty without the danger...especially when I have company with younger kids. The scent will already be around from my regular wax useage. Lol

I've been burning Goosecreek Candy Corn candle

And melting VCS Headless Horseman/The Great Pumpkin/Sugar Cookie Dough

Goodnight

Carolooni, I swear my DH has a flameless candle addiction! Every few months he comes home with a couple more. We even have the little remote that turns them on! :D We have several. Sometimes I get the timer messed up on them and they come on at really odd hours! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

The only problem with not ordering wax is that you don't get excited about the mail! I miss the big unveiling and sniffing!

Tonight it is Apple Pumpkin Butter - Cheryl's.

Hi All!

I have been so busy lately and not much time for melting.

Amy-My Bathing Garden order shipped Tuesday but not sure when it’s arriving. I can’t wait.

Debra-I find that staying off the internet makes it less likely to buy wax but I know what you mean about the call of the wax. I have really slowed down my buying and trying to enjoy what’s I have but I confess I placed 2 orders from the VCS restock. The no shipping yesterday and 30 % off Mystery Boxes made me place my second order.

Amy-I did place a Zeep order for that Luke’s Diner also. I was anxious to try it.

Now I hope to only order from TBG Valentine and Alice in Wonderland Collection in the spring and that’s it. Something to look forward to. Famous last words but I’m trying.

I love the outlet mall we have close by in NJ. Some stores like the YC are discount but BBW is not. I did pick up some clothes but that’s all.

As for the car repairs on DD’s car it was all covered under warranty and we paid nothing. They gave her a free car wash to. So all was good. They had a long wait for a loaner car so I had volunteered to sit and wait.

Maggie and Amy -That Phantom of the Opera was wonderful.

Honeybear-I hope your mom recovered from her stroke and fall.

I melted FP 14-Karat Pie Crust last night from a sweet CF friends. It has a great throw. I’m going to finish this one up this morning.

DH comes home tonight. Full day tomorrow. We have a wedding tomorrow in Long Island. Bad weather is forecast.

Have a great day all!!

Good morning ladies and [smilie=th_bb20]

I am forum-challenged this morning...I've somehow deleted my post twice... :shock: OK! The third time's the charm.

A rainy day...nice and peaceful.

Maggie! How was your Goosecreek Candy Corn candle? I'm so sad that the Spotted Hog version is doing nothing :crysmiley1: - the first order of that was gorgeous -

Michele, I'm eager to hear what you think about your Bathing Garden Winter order! I keep kind of hoping that I will someday be less over the moon for this vendor, so I will stop ordering so much from every collection....but so far, I fall more in love with every package. Lovely that the car repairs were free. I do hope the weather improves for the wedding on Long Island. And I hope you will like Luke's Diner! I'm glad I missed that 30% off VCS Mystery Boxes... [smilie=th_107]

Debra, you made me giggle about "the big unveiling"....so true...there are few things more delicious than a package of wax sitting unopened on the bed. Sometimes I take a picture of the box, pristine and waiting, just to capture the moment of anticipation.

Carolooni, I like those LED candles as well and used to have them all over the place. Wax has now taken over but I think those are beautiful and won't burn the house down.

Well last night I started:

Southbound Strawberry Marshmallow Cookies -- and I liked that so well that it ended up in every melter.

In addition to that, near my desk I have:

Satin Suzie Brick House - a gift from a dear CF pal - and this is really delicious - wild berries, creamy mousse, and buttery brickle. Right up my alley and scrumptious. Thank you!!! [smilie=th_00000020]

Have a lovely Friday everyone.

Carolooni, I have several flameless candles throughout the house. I love the look of them and the fact that they're on timers make them so convenient! I invested in re-chargeable batteries so now I don't have to worry about going through so many! ;)

Melting Casting Spells from Scentsy.

Have a good day, everyone!

graphics-friday-045010.gif

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has fallen for the flameless candles. If true wax fiends like this group are on board, I feel justified!

Debra - your DH's flameless addiction cracked me up! What a great thing to have a DH keep bringing into the house!

Melting GC Cherry Cobbler this morning. Heavenly. I'm quickly becoming a bakery fan.

Carolooni ~ I’m curious about these flameless candles now! I will look into them. And I was just at Fry’s yesterday, but missed the lemon melts. I may have to run down there later today. [smilie=th_sml29]

I don’t mind your questions either. After all, if we don’t have answers, who does? LOL

Personally, I used to leave all my warmers on most of the time, but after hearing a vendor say he saw a wax hot plate smoking, I make sure I turn everything off before I leave the house. However, I will sleep with a hot plate in my bedroom because I figure if it starts smoking, I’ll be right there. The bulb kind made me nervous for some reason. I might’ve read about one of those catching fire.

Michele ~ I’m glad I was too busy to get here yesterday, or I might’ve gotten one of those mystery boxes too. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Today I’m melting gifts from a sweet CF friend [smilie=thank_you]

SMT Buttercream Drizzle Bread Vanilla Cake Pops Cinnamon Bread

CFOW Animal Crackers, Cotton Candy, Vanilla Bean Noel

Homemade Apple Crisp Coffee