The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

October’s BOOtiful Scents

[smilie=th_Hello_]

Carolooni...whatcha get over at Candlemart? Have you ordered before? I've never heard of them...those trio candles look so cool...have you tried them?

Amy...sounds like so much fun with your friend!! So funny that you guys had the same items!! [smilie=th_giggle] I haven't experienced the increase in scent just yet...everything seems about the same as before. Btw, your Scentsy deal looks amazing...good going!

Michele...Hope you had fun at the game! [smilie=th_c2e41937]

Today has been...

More Patchouli Coast by VRC upstairs

In the workshop it's been Harvest Sun Cake by LSC

Downstairs has been Mo Nighean Donn by L3 but now it's Cookie Monsters Haze by VCS

Have a nice evening.

Good morning! Hope you lovely ladies are enjoying the weekend. [smilie=th_hema1]

Amy, I'm glad you were able to get your hands on more Casting Spells. ;)

I'm melting a gift from a waxie buddy, All Hallows Eve from Golden Willow Waxes. This just reminds me of fall. [smilie=cloud_9] I detect a hint of orange, I believe. It's just perfect, thank you. [smilie=th_a194]

[smilie=th_hello]

Fall break flew by too quickly! DD#2 had an early morning flight back to Albuquerque. As expected, she fell in love with little bit, too. We’ve all decided to call her Heidi Pie. I worked at a cute little pie shop/restaurant called Heidi Pies when I was in high school, so it kind of makes the name extra special for her. Suki wasn’t working, and DD#2 has a professor with blue hair this semester who she is not fond of named Sophie. So Heidi it is! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Debra ~ Gosh, I’m sorry it’s such s long time without internet for you. [smilie=th_sad-1]

Michele ~ How nice that one of your DD’s is hanging out with you and DH in Ohio.

Mpfand ~ Your mention of All Hallows’ Eve reminds me of a scent from somewhere that I used to love, but I can’t remember. [smilie=th_scratch]

Maggie ~ I’m starting to crave patchouli scents. [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

Amy ~ I haven’t noticed any change in wax strength. I think you’ve just been lucky! [smilie=th_slider_congratulation

Carolooni ~ We could definitely meet someplace in the middle! [smilie=th_aa17]

LSC Pumpkin Chill

CFOW Atlantis City Sea Salt and Lotus Blossom, Pear, and Plum ~ Sitting right next to it and can hardly smell. Boo.

BL October 3rd

Homemade Baby Powder that was so strong I had to turn it off. It took over the whole house! Lol

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday.

Hey All!

Hey Honeybear...I love the name Heidi Pie...cute!! Sorry your DD had to leave so soon...but you can cuddle little kitty until she's back again! ????

Today in my workshop is

Denmark Delights by Scented Squirrel from a sweet CF pal. Thanks!

Downstairs is

Pumpkin Pear by VRC

Pumpkin Vanilla Chai by Scented Squirrel

Trick or Treat by Lilac Scentsation

Upstairs it's Sweeney Todd by L3

Have a good one. :)

[smilie=th_sHellobar]

I am back!!! :confettistars: Sort of...they came out to fix the internet 3 different times and each time there was an issue. Then, back into the queue we went. Finally they did a "Patch" yesterday until the real repair next week. Finger crossed this patch works til then. I have had enough of the 1990's! [smilie=th_jay] In a way it was good - I realized how attached I am to spontaneously looking up things and wasting time. Hopefully old habits do not come back. [smilie=th_insane]

Maggie, I have been looking for my patchouli scents - it is not Halloween to me without them! It seems like there were fewer scents offered this year that were patchouli blends. A lot of the spooky sounding names were caramel blends.

One thing about having extra time - my wax is super organized now! I know where all my oldies are so I can melt my way through them. I use tealights for those and the last bag I got had tealights that only lasted 2 hours. I have never had such a short burn time. :sSig_aaarggh:

A couple of stand outs recently:

ST: Indiana Jones. It is a blend with honey and I it grabbed to melt quickly cuz I am not a honey fan. This one, however, had just the right amount so you would get little whiffs - not overwhelming. :toppoints:

The other is Lemon Gumdrops from Cheryl. I think this was the first scent I fell in love with and ordered in bulk, many years ago from a company called Contemporary Candles. I was so sad when they closed, but I have found it again! It is kinda a cleaning-product lemon, not lemon peel.

AmyJo - way back there you asked about my kitty (her name is Sophia, LOL!). One dose of meds and she was all better. I was surprised it helped that fast.

Have a great evening!

Good morning ladies and Happy Monday!

Debra! You're back! [smilie=th_wave] It's good to see you! And I'm very happy your little Sophia got better so quickly! What a long process with getting your internet restored...but at least it's on the mend.[smilie=th_200912104451] Sounds like you had fun reorganizing your wax!

Maggie, I love your mix of scents. That workshop must smell beautiful!

Honeybear, I love the name Heidi Pie! That seems to suit her very well. I'm sorry Fall Break flew by so quickly but I think kitty will keep you busy!

Michele, how did DH and DD enjoy the tailgating? How was the rest of your day together?

So last evening and through the night it was:

Fox Willow Pumpkin Chai -- a gift from a sweet CF friend - I love this, very smooth and comforting - thanks! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

and

Southbound Pumpkin Ice Cream - also a beautiful scent but it needs to cure a bit. BTW the Southbound owner, Rachel, answered my question and says that her wax is paraffin/soy with the soy being slightly over 50%. She scents heavily for maximum throw. She says that the scents like this one, with a creamy background, typically do need to cure. This is the only one of the six pre-order bags I ordered that needs any cure time - the others are potent. Still I love this scent...into the curing closet it goes.

This morning it's:

Southbound Christmas Tree Cookies - I know, it's early. I was in a Christmas mood when I woke up! This is Pine, lime, cardamom, pepper, and sugar cookies. This has to be one of the best Christmas scents I've smelled. Exquisite. [smilie=cloud_9]

Have a lovely start to your weeks!

Lovely, rainy weekend around here, and I got a lot of indoor projects done. I got my house decorated for autumn, which is not too complicated. Just some little knick-knacks to set around and a fall leaves garland to hang in the "pass through" between my kitchen and living room. But....I had to clean before I did that. Love a clean house...hate to clean! I also helped my mom do the same at her house. I just love the fall colors!

smileys-autumn-458537.gif

AmyJo - so glad you had fun with BFF! How funny that you "exchanged" some of the same stuff. Great minds, right?? Blackberry jam and lemon curd sounds so good, but waaaah, it's out of stock! Sob! I love to eat both, and with a prolific lemon tree in my backyard, I've become a pro at making some darn good lemon curd myself! I haven't found that my wax smells stronger, but in lieu of having the AC on constantly, I now have my house open most of the day, so dunno! Six melters sounds GREAT to me. I'll aspire to that for my a-l-m-o-s-t 1200 sq foot house!

food-and-drinks-lemons-205981.gif

This question is for everyone, but do you prefer the electric melters? That's what my 2 are. I'm not wild about the tealight melters or the lightbulb melters. Do you guys have any of the plug-in to a socket melters? I've been contemplating one of those for my hall bath.

Candlelove - so great that DD loves Ohio! Is she staying very long with you?

graphics-football-270493.gif

MaggieMae - I haven't ordered any candles from Candlemart, just melts so far. My first order was mostly for an out-of-state friend who's a movie buff. We became friends Freshman year of HS and she moved away at the end of that year, but we've stayed in touch and exchange Christmas packages each year. This year I'm doing a movie themed package for her. I've got one of those big, plastic popcorn holders and am filling it with all things movie. Candlemart has candy scented melts and I got her Twizzlers, Whoppers, York Peppermint Patties, Jolly Rancher Watermelon (and I got me Jolly Rancher Lemon! Put it away for next spring/summer) and I ordered her a buttered popcorn melt from Mel's Candles. Then I got a 20% off next order email and...well....I needed some additional fall scents, right? So I ordered the "Pumpkin Palooza" 4-pack (Cinnamon Pumpkin, Creamy Pumpkin Butter, Pumpkin Caramel Parfait and Sweet Pumpkin Roll), Sugarplum Dream and Warm Apple Pie. I found Candlemart reviewed on a Candlefind Blog review. Very reasonable and great service. I'll let you know how they throw once I get to melting!

smileys-pumpkins-320881.gif

Mpfand - All Hallows Eve sounds GREAT! I checked out Golden Willow Waxes and practically everything is sold out. Is that usual? I guess each vendor's supply and demand is different?

smileys-sad-727268.gif

Honeybear - how sad DD#2's visit was so short. I bet you all had so much fun, and especially with Heidi Pie - love that name! I saw you were melting something homemade - does that mean you made it yourself? Tell me more about that please!smileys-cats-824781.gif

Debra!! You're back!! I sure hope they can get a permanent fix on your internet real soon. I agree 100% with you, having it at our fingertips is great, and also can have a downside. I fear our attention spans are dwindling all the time. So glad Sophia-kitty is all better.

smileys-cats-730856.gif

Checking out Southbound today and it too is completely sold out! This is new to me guys. Is this due to being smaller vendors and not enough production? Or do they produce in big batches and then release more as they make them?

Have a great day everyone!

Taking a break from cleaning to say hello. [smilie=The_Hi]

We had a cold front come through last night. It was only 52 degrees this morning. That's coat weather for those of us in the desert. [smilie=th_laughing]

Carolooni, I've never ordered from Golden Willow Waxes so I'm sorry I can't help by sharing past experiences. [smilie=th_scratch] All Hallows Eve was a gift. I think some vendors sell out quickly. I get such a kick out of your emoji's. [smilie=th_giggle]

I use bulb warmers, however, I'm definitely in the minority. [smilie=th_foolish1] I have used the warmers that plug directly into the socket. They're great for smaller rooms (like a bathroom), but I found that they pose a greater risk for waxidents. At least in my house. :rolleyes: Now I use wallflowers from Bath & Body Works in the bathrooms.

Debra, glad your internet is back up! Sometimes I wonder what would happen if everyone lost their devices even just for a day. We've become so dependent on them. :o

Honeybear, Heidi Pie is such a cute name! [smilie=yes]

Today's scent is Mandarin Moon from Scentsy. Really like this one!

[smilie=th_Hello_]

Carolooni ~ I prefer the hot plate warmers, but I have a lot of tealight ones as well, just don’t use them as often. I haven’t counted my warmers lately, but I can say I am in the double digits. [smilie=th_paper-bag] I don’t use them all at once, of course, but they are out and about throughout our home. This new house is just under 3000 square feet, so there are lots of nooks and crannies to fill. [smilie=yes]

And yes, I do make my own melts. Way back in 2006, I learned how to make candles, then started making tarts (melts). My intent was to start a small business, which I kind of sort of had for a while, but never really wanted to make it too big of a thing because I worried that I wouldn’t enjoy it anymore. Let’s just say it’s been an expensive hobby. [smilie=th_200912104451]

Amy ~ Little Heidi Pie has been the easiest kitten ever! She’s already so much a part of the family, It’s like she’s been here for a long time. Neither Lila nor Kitten hiss anymore. [smilie=th_c61]

Maggie ~ How was that Pumpkin Pear? I can’t say I’ve ever heard of that combination before.

Debra ~ Good job on getting your stash organized! That’s always a good feeling. [smilie=th_aa21]

SB Pink Seaside Cotton

PL Honeydew

Melting PL Autumn Glow, an apple and pear blend that is so delicious!

DH left this morning on a business trip to Orlando, Florida, and DD#1 comes for her first kitty visit on Wednesday. He’ll get home Friday morning and she leaves Friday night, so their time together will be short, but he’s going out to visit them next month for a weekend. Lots of coming and going!!

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Honeybear - I may have missed it - what does little Miss Heidi look like?

Carolooni, I like plate warmers for soft wax and tealight melters for oldies and paraffin. mpfand - I have trouble with waxidents with those smaller plug ins also. They seem to be at the wrong height - I continually bump them.

It was clear down to the 30's last night! All my gorgeous flowers that finally are in full bloom are getting zapped at night. It is so sad to see them start wilting already. [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Tonight it has been ST - Lumpy. Cotton Candy and Strawberry.

Good Morning Everyone!!

Hope everyone is doing well. I enjoyed catching up on your posts.

I’m back in NY now. I enjoyed my time in Ohio very much but am always feeling blue when I get back after spending so much time with DH. Little by little I will be spending more time there. It’s only in the 40’s this morning. Fall is definitely in the air.

DH And DD enjoyed the tailgate party. It was a work event for my DH. After that we spent some time at the Columbus Zoo. It was a wonderful afternoon. I got a lot of exercise in. We then went to some wonderful dinners and lots of retail therapy. All in all a great weekend with DH and DD.

Honeybear-Lots of comings and goings for us too.

Debra and Maggie-It’s a good feeling getting that stash organized.

This morning I am melting SH Morning Blueberry Muffin. This is a gift from a lovely CF friend. Very strong. I’m loving it!!!

Heading out soon to my nutritionist and then to take my dad to a doctor appointment.

Have a great day all!!

Hi there!

Debra ~ I’m sorry your flowers are wilting too soon. [smilie=th_empathy]

Heidi is a Maine Coon. I so wish we could share pictures here, but if you go to Suncoon.com, and look on the kings and queens pages, or on the kitten page, her parents are Rey and Oso. She is such a little joy! :wub:

Michele ~ Aww...I know that feeling. I’m sorry you’re missing DH. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] Glad you all had such a wonderful time!

Last night I was organizing one of my candle cabinets and found a box of Zeep wax.

Zeep Letters to Juliet, Baker’s Wife, and Hayride Cider

These all seem to be rather light so I may be switching out soon.

Have a good day!

Hello everybody!

Home from a quick one-night trip which went great. Back early which is such a good thing!

Honeybear, I'm so happy that Heidi Pie is settling in so quickly, and that the other cats are accepting her already! Your family is busy in and out the door but sounds like everyone is doing great - so I'm happy for you!

Debra, I'm sorry your flowers are wilting. That's the tough part about the season change, isn't it?

Michele! Back in NY! I'm so glad you all had a good time out here, and that you enjoyed the Columbus Zoo. I'm looking forward to your next visit!

Mpfand, yes weather in the 50s must be such a shock for you folks in the desert - what a change from your 100++ days. That's a huge drop.

Maggieeeeee, Hi!

Carolooni, your emojis continue to amaze and delight - adorable! You asked about the melters - I have some of every kind. Totally agree with everyone who said that the wall plug kind are prone to waxidents - easy to bump and hard to pour out. I like the plate kind for almost everything but my favorite of all is the tealights. You get such a burst of scent. Every morning I have a special time with my coffee and a tealight melter - I put something special in to melt and enjoy the strong scent to start the day.

You also asked why some of the vendors seem sold out. There are lots of different sales models out there, but you particularly mentioned Golden Willow and Southbound, both of which do restocks when they load up their inventory with new offerings. For both of these vendors and many others, the site has a combination of Ready to Ship (RTS) and pour-to-order items.

Golden Willow seems to restock more seasonally and then gradually you will see the RTS inventory sell out, and some popular things (little pies called galettes, for example) will sell out immediately. Other items, like buzz bars, will stay for many weeks on the website because they are pour-to-order.

Southbound has a slightly different model - at the end of every month, Rachel will restock RTS (ready to ship) clamshells but also do a special unlimited pre-order of bags of shapes in about 10 different scents. Depending upon demand, she will usually close the pre-order within a few days - once she gets a desired number of orders that she can pour within the month. The RTS clamshells will linger on for awhile until their inventory runs out. This month she also offered a pre-order Christmas Sampler. So she is busy, busy filling those pre-orders and seems to be keeping the site Sold Out until she is ready for the next restock.

The middle and end of the month are good times for lots of restocks so just start watching the websites / Facebook groups / Instagram and you'll see when they offer what. There's a little bit of watching, waiting and plotting involved.

Sorry for long-winded reply... There are other models but that's probably enough for now!

OK - on my trip I took two DELICIOUS gifties from a wonderful CF friend:

LSC Fancy Stacks - pancakes, maple, ohhhhhhh just heavenly!

SH Birthday Cake - lovely scent and on the lighter side for SH - but I like the scent a lot, not so overpoweringly sweet as some of the BD cakes. THANK YOU!!! [smilie=th_teks0311]

And tonight it's

FP Cabin in the Smokies - I forgot how much I love this one! It's been sitting around curing for about 4 months, just wonderful.

Bathing Garden Cola Cake - there are no words - so luscious. This was good several months ago but it has cured to perfection. Cola and chocolate cake - normally I don't like chocolate scents - this makes a liar out of me. Divine.

I got home early and have been reorganizing my wax once again. I think I've got it this time. I have boxes within Sterilite drawers and it's all very tidy. I just like to play.

Good evening all!

Honeybear - what a wonderful Maine Coon family! My Sophia is a Maine Coon, the first one I have had of that breed. They are so loveable! And big!

Michele, I hope you get settled back in, soon. Hope you get to see DH again soon.

AMyJo - good to be back early, that gives you more time to melt! [smilie=th_laughing]

Tonight it is Cheryl's Spiced Cranberry.

Good Morning!

Melting this morning SGA Rustic Lodge Bonfire Bliss Pumpkin Pecan Waffle Marshmallow Noel.

AmyJo- Glad to hear your trip went well and I’m looking forward to our next get together as well.

Debra-Glad your internet is working again. DH will be home in 2 weeks for a friend’s daughter’s wedding.

Honeybear-Thank you. We really enjoyed our visit.

Have a great day all!!

Good morning! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Melting Harvest Hayride from Tuscany Candle. Very little scent so I'll probably be changing it out soon. <_<

Have a good day [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Time for a quickie post! DD#2 is on her way so off to the airport I go! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Amy ~ For such a newbie, you sure sound like a well seasoned waxoholic. [smilie=th_giggle]

Debra ~ Yes, they are gorgeous and huge! How big is your Sophia? Dharma and Zoe were both Maine Coons from separate litters with the same parents. When we went to pick up Heidi, a gigantic blonde colored Maine Coon named Simba met us at the door. He was 21 pounds and voted 2017 World’s Best Cat. He’s on the Suncoon website if you want to take a peek. ;)

Maggie ~ Hope all is well!

Dessa’s Seaside Escape

Scentsy Apple S’mores

Burning a Yankee Lilac Blossom votive I found deep in one of my candle cabinets the other night. LOL

[smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr Yay Debra! You're back!! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr Glad you have a patch at least! I love patchouli at Halloween! I have a few Yankee Patchouli tarts that I'll melt that day and probably during the party I'm having on the 27th....although I'll have to keep it light...patchouli can be overwhelming for some. ;)

Honeybear..."waxaholic?" ???????????????????????????????????????? The Pumpkin Pear was wonderful...I can smell both scents although the pear is a bit stronger than the pumpkin.

Michele...glad you had fun at the tailgate! And welcome home!

Carolooni....yes, I mostly use hot plate warmers...I have one bulb warmer in my kitchen but I can't use hard wax in that one.

It's been The Bates Motel by VCS and today it's

Kirk by Starry Skies...Vanilla smoothie, marshamallow, pumpkin bread and birthday cake...mmmmm.

Have a good evening. :)

Good evening lovely ladies! I've got my Goose Creek Toasty Hot Toddy candle and melts going this evening, along with ribs in the oven. Competing fragrances but oh, so heavenly in here! Plus the smell of fresh air with the house open. NICE!

I love all the talk about organizing wax and finding cool things to burn and melt. I'm an organization freak (I didn't say my house was always perfectly clean, but organized...YES!)

graphics-cleaning-415010.gif

Thank you all for your responses to my warmer questions. I'm taking all of your advice about the plug-in warmers and since I'm prone to spilling and knocking over, will avoid those! I have been scoping out some tealight warmers and I think I've found a few that might work in different spaces in the house. Yay, something else I must have!

You guys crack me up with your waxie-language (waxidents, waxaholics) graphics-laughing-622377.gif

Honeybear - how cool that you know how to make your own! I'm sure it is quite an expensive "hobby"!

Michele - glad you got home safe and sound. I bet it's tough being away from your DH as much as you are.

AmyJo - thanks for that explanation of the vendors' selling models. I appreciate that and the advice on timing of restocks. It was NOT too long! I love learning all this new information about my new obsession!

Debra - Spiced Cranberry sounds wonderful! How was it?

Aria - Apple Cider Delight! More beautiful Autumn scents!

Mpfand - bummer when they aren't strong enough!

Cookielady - Apples, apples! Love it!

Maggiemae - I don't think I've ever had any Patchouli scented wax. I must be missing something special.

Have a great evening and night everyone!

Wowie, Honeybear - Simba is a gorgeous and unusual Maine Coon! [smilie=th_smilies-2] Mine, being sick for a bit, was only weighing in at 14 pounds a couple weeks ago. I think the females don't get quite as big! Know what? One of my other cats is named Dharma! She was a pregnant rescue - stayed in my yard for a couple weeks before I could catch her and check for a chip/do an ad. No results, so she became kitty #4! (And kitties 5,6,7,and 8 for a few weeks! They found good homes.)

Maggie, I still have a couple YC patchouli for the big day also. I am still scouting around for some blends. I may have to get creative and get something made up. [smilie=th_smilies-1]

Carolooni - my Spiced Cranberry was tart and cinnamoney. [smilie=th_pardon] I made up a word, I think? It lasted for 3 evenings - I was getting ready to move on to something else!

AmyJo - you should see my Sterilite collection...It is just too easy to buy another when the ones in the closet are full!

Still waiting for the final internet repair. They marked the utilities in the yard today - we have quite an assortment of colored stripes in the yard. I have a feeling there is going to be a big dig to get this taken care of. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Tonight it is Flaming Star - Lavender Cranberry Peppermint.

Good Morning!

Carolooni...patchouli isn't for everyone, that's for sure, but I really enjoy it. It's an incense-y type of smell and it makes me calm and relaxed and like Debra mentioned...mixed with other things it's wonderful too. I hear ya with the open windows and doors...heavenly!

Debra..I think I'm gonna have to do the same for all of my patchouli blends. I'd like to start them this weekend!

It's Zeep Happy Camper from a lovely CF pal... [smilie=thank_you]

VCS Cookie Baking at Moms

Both smell [smilie=th_LOVE]

Have a nice Thursday! :)