The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

October’s BOOtiful Scents

Good Morning!

The heat wave here in Ohio continues. Where is Fall?

Melting TBG Coffee Sprinkles this morning. I love everything I have melted from this vendor.

Amy-Hope you aren’t working too hard and everything is okay. We are missing your posts on here.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning dear everyone!

Maggie, well done on changing out your seasonal wax!! I love rearranging everything...It sounds as though you really made a dent in the summer collection. And now - all the glorious fall scents!! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Michele, I'm right there with you waiting for Fall here in Ohio. :sFun_hot: It looks like it will cool down on Thursday, only sixties during the day and forties at night. [smilie=th_BringItOn]

And awwww, how sweet of you - I love reading your posts too! :thwetkissf: Yes work is very busy and I'm trying to muster up some enthusiasm for it. :sFun_flight: I truly would rather be walking in the woods...seeing beautiful leaf colors...soon.

Carolooni, I am a relative newbie here as well - I had candles for a couple of years, but just got into wax as of January of this year. I fell in love with the hobby and tried to make up for lost time, sampling more than a dozen vendors and getting caught up in a periodic frenzy of ordering (what Maggie calls "waxie fever"). It's tough because the vendors have restocks, some of them monthly or even more frequently, during which they present all sorts of tempting new scents, shapes, and samplers.

Happily, I have stopped the mad cycle and am ordering far less these days. I have a few favorite vendors that I will probably order my ongoing wax from, with smatterings from the others. That said, those favorites are subject to change. Every vendor has unique specialties, and it's fun to test and compare. I have a better idea now of what I like and don't like with regard to scents, so I don't feel such a compulsion to order everything from everyone. In addition, when my overall collection of wax started to exceed the storage capacity, it made me upset. I see the total coming down now and I'm more relaxed about it, which adds to the enjoyment. As to the budget, my husband and I each have an independent amount of "mad" money, no questions asked, but it is pleasant to be making some purchases lately which are other than wax.

All of that said, I love scent very much and it brings beauty into our lives. I imagine there is far worse mischief we could be getting ourselves into. Like everything else...all in moderation...and that's sometimes easier said than done.

Well today it's:

VCS Lucky Luciano - Sweet Lime and Citrus - from a dear CF pal, thank you!! - I have melted every last bit of this and it's just beautiful.

And I have found a new delight - blue sugar, which I thought I didn't like -

The Scented Squirrel - Blue Sugar Cookies - this is just lovely and I will need more.

Have a fine Tuesday everybody!

Thanks to you all for your answers to my questions. I see some YouTube videos of people who literally have roomfuls of candles and wax displayed perfectly on shelves and, while this looks like heaven to have your own "store" to shop in every day, kind of scares me. I don't have a whole room to dedicate to this! My one little lower kitchen cabinet is full to bursting with candles and wax. And to be fair, one little shelf of my cookbooks are in there too. Whenever I get a cookbook out, it smells so good!

Maggie, I looked up your Etsy shop - wow, such beautiful wreaths! You are an artist.

I'm burning Mainstays Pumpkin Spice along with Goose Creek Vanilla Pumpkin Waffle tealights. Yum! I wasn't expecting much from the Mainstays since Apple Pumpkin was so lightly scented, but this one is nice. Not super-strong, but pleasant and subtle. Definitely a pumpkin-y vibe going in here.

I've been melting some sort of lavender scent in the bedroom about an hour before bed, and it's been really nice. I wish I had a melter with a timer, but I'm not buying another one right now.

Going to Michael's for my cello bags this afternoon. I also have to return soooo much yarn! I just completed a Kelly Green throw for my best friend in Missouri, and when I ordered the yarn from Michael's they messed up and sent me multiples of my order! Yikes! I finished the throw and still have two HUGE Bed Bath & Beyond bags stuffed full of yarn to return. Not heavy but BULKY. I'll be a sight walking in with those. smileys-shopping-647327.gif

Hello All!

Feeling sluggish today...think I need to grab a couple winks but I'm not a big fan of napping...too much to get done.

Carolooni...thanks very much! You are very sweet. I hope you have no trouble returning all that yarn! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Amy...thanks...I actually didn't melt all that much Summer wax but I definitely have less of that than my Fall stash! ;) I hope your work calms down a bit. Btw, I ended up liking Blue Sugar after the second time smelling it too.

It's so humid today...ugh. Wish it felt like Autumn!

It's The Faculty by Blank Label....delicious!!

Upstairs Patchouli Coast by VCS...❤️

Good morning ladies!

Maggie and Michele, I'm right there with you on longing for cool Fall weather and less humidity. The high today should be 77, which is an improvement, and tomorrow 66/46. I am looking forward to those cool nights! Sweaters! Campfires!

Michele, did that Bathing Garden Coffee Sprinkles throw well for you? Mine is still curing but it smells gorgeous on cold. How long did yours cure? *want to melt* *impatient*

Carolooni, I've seen some of those YouTube videos too, where every room is filled with wax. I can see how that can happen. Some of the ladies very honestly preface the video with, "I know this is too much...you don't want to end up like this..." and I have tried to take that to heart. And, a question - when you say a Kelly Green throw, are you crocheting or knitting? In any case it sounds beautiful!

Debra, come back! How are you and how is kitty? *we miss you*

Honeybear, how is your new furry arrival? Did you settle on the name - Sophie or Suki?

Well, this morning I dipped into one of the Southbound bags which had vacationed out in California last week - it's only cured a week, but I could smell it every time I opened the drawer and I couldn't wait any longer. So this morning it's:

Southbound Carnival Time - cotton candy, caramel apple, blue raspberry snow cone, funnel cake - ohhhhhhhh deliver me to delight - this is one of my favorites and I can't believe it's this strong so soon.

Does anybody know Southbound's wax type? I'm thinking it must be mostly paraffin because it doesn't seem to need much cure time. I don't see anything on the website about this, though. It doesn't feel as hard as CFTKR but it surely isn't as soft as VRC or SGA. Actually it feels just slightly softer than SH. [smilie=th_235F35F32]

And yesterday afternoon until this morning it was this work of art:

The Bathing Garden Wildberry Scones - so perfect and delicious. One of those that gradually fills the whole house and softly seduces you into a state of bliss. Not overpowering but full-flavored and long-lasting. Gorgeous and going on my favorites list.

Have a fine Wednesday and hoping that everyone is headed for some cooler Fall days!

Good Morning!

Maggie-I’m not a fan of napping either. I just would rather get to bed earlier.

Carolooni-Hopefully you had no trouble with the yarn return.

Maggie and Amy- I like Blue Sugar too.

Last night I melted HM Volcano Copcakes from a sweet CF friend. Very good!

This morning I’m melting CFOW Scary Movie which was a Sampler. It’s Spiced Apples and Peaches, Cinnamon Sugared Donuts and Whipped Cream.

It’s not as warn today in Ohio but it still might reach 80.

Have a great day all!

Another fan of blue sugar. I was looking at Front Porch and noticed she has Blue Christmas. Bet that's a good one.

I can't nap, even when I'm sick. I just go to bed early if I'm extra tired.

Debra, we miss you.....

Melting Candy Corn from Tuscany Candle.

Hi girls!

Another Blue Sugar lover here. I especially love it mixed with bakery. [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Amy ~ Nope, we haven’t quite settled on her name yet. DD#2 gets home tonight, so we’ll see what her input is. This kitten is just too cute for words. And if I could sniff her head all day... :wub:

Michele ~ Your Scary Movie melt sounds good, though I’m not a fan of scary movies at all.

LSC The Great Pumpkin

BL Booberry, Pink Sugar, and Whipped Cream

Homemade Grape Cow Zucchini

Burning Gold Canyon Brown Sugar Cookies ~ very nice

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Hello!

Miss ya too Debra! Hope all is well.

Amy...not sure about SB Wax...thought it was a blend but I'm not sure how much of each. ????

This evening it's Woofwicks which is strong and delicious...it's Bear Claws Mexican Fried Ice Cream Sweet Bakery Dough. Yummy.

Thanks Maggie on the SB.... Can't find a clue anywhere.

Good to hear on the WoofWicks! ????????

Good Morning!

This morning I am melting VCS Haddonfield.

Last night I melted an oldie from CFTKR-Sugar Cookie Corn Pudding and it was a winner. Can’t believe how well these old melts hold their scent.

Youngest DD arrives tomorrow. It should be a fun weekend.

Have a good day everyone!

Good morning ladies,

Our cool front has moved in, currently in the 50s, tonight in the 40s. The leaves are rustling and there is a noticeable change in the overall quality of the seasons. So lovely.

Michele, I'm happy that your daughter will be coming to Ohio to be with you and your husband - really something to look forward to!

A busy workday today. Melting:

Scentsy Casting Spells - a giftie from a sweet CF pal - apple, roasted pear, cinnamon bark - wow, wow, wow - earthy and gently fruity and delicious. It looks as though this scent is discontinued but I see some on eBay and am plotting. I definitely want to hoard some of this beautiful scent. THANK YOU!!

and

Zeep Luke's Diner - from the excellent coffee sampler and a favorite of mine before that - coffee, apple cider donuts, sweet vanilla crème - this is lush and perfectly balanced. Neither the coffee nor the apple overwhelms and they complement one another beautifully. I hope Ashley blends this forever and ever.

Update - Maggie, you are right -I'm melting WoofWicks Bear Claws and it's just gorgeous!! Strong and delicious. The learning here seems to be that WoofWicks needs to cure, even if the website says it's ready to go right away. ????????

I hope everyone has a fine Thursday!

Hello All! :)

Michele...so happy your DD will be joining you! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Amy... [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04 Hooray! I'm glad yours is throwing as well! Once her stuff is cured it's awesome! Your Scentsy melt sounds [smilie=th_fabulous1] ....I wonder why they discontinued it?

Ive got all my Fall bags in a basket in my LR and most of them have 3 chunks in them so as I melt...I use them up. I actually feel like I'm making a dent! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Today is SGA Raspberry Jam ZB Apple Pie in the Kitchen...yum.

Have a nice one. ;)

Hi Ladies!

I had written a post earlier tonight but I don’t see it here. I hate when that happens.

Melted the VCS Haddonfield today. It was super strong. Melted last week too but it had little throw. I used a bigger portion than last week. I don’t know if that made the difference or if a week more curing made the difference. How much wax do you put in your warmers and do you use more or less wax for different vendors.

Melting TBG Haunted Hayride tonight and burning TJ Vanilla Pumpkin. Great throw as usual from TBG. I’m loving everything from this vendor.

Maggie- I am glad my DD is coming out this weekend. She has never been here. Older DD came out last year and she helped me decorate the apartment. I have all my Fall chunk bags from one vendor in a bag in my closet. Do you just put one chunk in each melter or measure it out? I went a little overboard with chunk bags from one vendor and can’t seem to make a dent. Glad you see a dent in yours.

Good night all!

Good Morning!

It’s Friday!

Debra-Glad to see that you are lurking at least. Hope your internet is up and running soon.

This morning I’m just finishing up TBG Haunted Hayride.

Switched to SGA Pumpkin and Brown Sugar. This is so strong and wonderful.

Have a good day!

Good morning ladies and Happy Friday!!

38 degrees this morning! [smilie=th_autumboy] It was 90 a week ago! Feels heavenly.

I posted a long note earlier and went back to re-read some of everybody's earlier posts...I somehow deleted mine. :angry: Take two!

Not sure what was going on with the board last night - wouldn't load - but thank you to whomever fixed it!! [smilie=th_allah]

Michele - I hope you, your youngest DD and DH have a fabulous weekend! [smilie=th_ahaaha] Also, with your question about how much wax - for me it depends on the vendor. With FP and many BH&G, one cube fills the whole house and is still too strong for me. SB, TBG - a small amount is enough, like two cubes for the house. VCS - I agree with you - such beautiful scents and often softer so I would melt even a whole rose in my largest melter in the middle of the house to fill the home.

Maggie! I'm so glad you are feeling like you're seeing a dent in the bags! [smilie=th_23_32_7] It sounds as though you've left just enough in each for one more round, perfect!! Also - that WoofWicks Bear Claw did so well that I added another melter last night - beautiful scent!

Debra - glad to see you're lurking! Hope you can hop back in soon. How is your kitty doing?

Susan - how was that SH Piggy Peanut Butter Cookies?

Honeybear - how is the newest arrival doing? *we need kitten updates*

This morning it's:

Zeep Dream Cakes - from the excellent Cupcake Sampler - vanilla bean, lavender, and cupcakes. Sweetly delicious, good enough to eat, and indeed dreamy.

Southbound Strawberry Marshmallow Cookies - I am blown away, full of fresh strawberries and creamy wonderfulness. One of my top three vendors - and this after only one week of cure time and very little wax used. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Today I am taking my best friend of 15 years to lunch for her birthday. She has also been assimilated and will be receiving wax and a FP gift card since this is her favorite vendor. She likes earthy and herbal scents, and thinks she doesn't like bakery, silly girl, but we are working on that. [smilie=th_aa17]

Maggie, yay for making a dent! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Michele, hope you have a wonderful weekend with your youngest DD. :) I usually use the equivalent of a clamshell cube in my warmers and I use 3 warmers in the open family room/kitchen area. I have several more warmers throughout the house, but those 3 are the ones I use daily.

Hi, Debra! [smilie=th_wave]

Amy, what a lucky friend! ;) Have fun!

Melting today Harvest Moon from ScentSationals. "Pumpkin Kisses and Autumn Wishes" Very good!

Hello and thanks for the waxie support. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Michele...I usually put what I imagine is 1ounce into each warmer....1 LSC shot, 2 clams portions, 1 flower or shape. For extra large tarts like SGA chunks or VCS large roses, I try to cut in half. Sometimes when I don't feel like cutting chunks I just throw the entire chunk in. There are some vendors that are so strong that I only use 1 clam portion but that's rare.

Debra...yay...glad you can lurk at the very least! ;)

Amy..I hope you had a wonderful time with your friend! I can't believe you got down to 38 degrees! Wow... it was 57 today and DRY...I was freezing! Lol

It's Goosecreek White Icing Cinnamon Roll..delicious.

Have a nice night.

I'm back! Had a couple of super-busy days and....well, you know how it is.

Burning and melting Goosecreek Toasty Hot Toddy again today. Very autumn-y.

I made lime sherbet with my new-ish Rival ice cream maker. I had a grocery pickup order and they gave me Realime juice as a replacement for Rose's sweetened lime juice (for my vodka gimlets!) so instead of returning I decided to try it. I hope it's tasty!

AmyJo - I crocheted the throw for my friend. One grandma taught me crochet and it took, and the other grandma tried to teach me to knit and...don't know why...I got so frustrated I gave up on it! It turned out real pretty. I did it in the "lemon peel stitch." Glad your cool weather finally arrived. I tried to find Zeep Luke's Diner (big Gilmore Girl fan here) and couldn't. Discontinued maybe? Was lunch with BF fun?

Candlelove - the yarn return went fine. It's good to have ALL THAT YARN out of the house! I know you're going to have a blast this weekend with DD!

MaggieMae - glad you're making a dent in your chunks. I'm working up to having a collection that I feel pressured to use up. Right now I'm afraid I'll burn/melt all my fall wax before fall is done. I did place an order for more fall melts from Candlemart the other day - looking forward to their arrival Monday!

Hi Debra! Glad you posted and are lurking. Taking a long time to get your internet fixed, huh? I agree with you. I love my phone, but there are some things that are just too hard to do on it. Hurry back!

Mpfand - I was thinking I wanted to ask how many warmers you all have and you answered it! I only have two right now. One is in my kitchen but I have an open kitchen/living room/dining area, so anything burning or melting in the kitchen is all over that whole area. The other is in my bedroom. I burn little candles in the hall bathroom too sometimes.

Honeybear - can't wait to hear kitty's new name and how she's doing. Hey, you're right, Chandler isn't soooo far away. Almost as far away here in the valley area as you can get, but very doable. We'll have to figure something out some time!

Good morning ladies!

Looks like this whole week will be 30/40 in the morning and in the fifties during the day. We like to keep the house cool and just "spot heat" the room we are in, either with oil radiators or with kerosene. Long ago we lived in Japan for two years and we got used to the lovely warmth of kerosene, of course never leaving that kind of heater unattended.

Maggie, I'm right with you - this sudden cold does require some heavier clothing! I feel like a goofball because in the spring in the 50's, I was running around in shirtsleeves - but I grabbed a light coat last night. This was such a sudden, big shift that my body isn't acclimated yet!

Michele, I hope your DD arrived safely and you are all enjoying each other's company! [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Carolooni, your emojis are cracking me up. [smilie=th_coffeespew] Yes, my BFF and I had a ball yesterday, eating at our favorite little Korean/Mexican restaurant that started out as a food truck. Actually my son introduced me to that place several years ago on Mother's Day. We laughed because we brought each other waxie gifts and had chosen some identical items to swap! LOL [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

Also you mentioned numbers of melters - I actually have *ahem* six :sEm_blush7: and this house is only 1000 sq ft - but I don't always run them all at the same time. Typically I have two complementary scents going, but not always. I know that I have issues. [smilie=th_cc8] On the knit/crochet dilemma, I am opposite of you - I've been knitting since I was 14, off and on, and I have tried to crochet but prefer two needles. I love the look of crochet stitches, though, and will give it another whirl before too long. Lastly, as for Luke's Diner, Ashley from Zeep will almost surely pop it out again in the spring or summer - that's a big favorite and this last time it was part of the superb Coffee Sampler (sold out pretty fast). But hopefully it will show up again as a clamshell or shaped tart.

Mpfand, that Harvest Moon sounds gorgeous! These Autumn scents are so beautiful.

Made a great find on eBay yesterday - you all may recall the lovely Scentsy giftie from a sweet CF friend that I melted a few days ago, Scentsy Casting Spells (apple, spiced pear, cinnamon bark) which has been discontinued - I found some on eBay for a great price and they are on their way. Thank you friend for introducing me to this lovely scent!

:thwetkissf:

So last night and this morning it's been:

Woofwicks Bear Claws - this went on, and on, and on for more than 24 hours, nice and strong and beautiful. Oh me of little faith - I had just about given up on these melts, no cold sniff whatsoever, but gee whiz, now I'm all pumped up - they do fantastically with curing. That said, I have a full basket from this vendor and they are going to continue to cure while I work on other stuff.

The Bathing Garden Blackberry Jam and Lemon Curd - may I please go up on the rooftop and shout about how amazing this one is?! - two and a half months of cure time - I started it out in the living room last evening while we were eating some supper nearby, and we almost couldn't taste our food, it was that strong immediately. I left it on overnight and it is still gorgeous this morning. Have I mentioned how much I love this vendor? [smilie=th_happy096]

and

Southbound Dead of the Night / Witching Hour - pre-order ghoulish Halloween shapes, adorable - pink sugar, lavender, vanilla, marshmallow, campfire smoke - I melted only one miniature fang, maybe half an ounce - blowing me out of the room. Beautiful and indeed this is a spooky scent - the typical bedtime blend of the first three ingredients, but then that smoke just turns it around. Bedtime with Chucky. I continue to be amazed by this vendor. [smilie=th_c61]

Well, as usual this is extra long :sFun_blahblah: and I am off to do [smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare] . I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend.

Good Morning!

Thanks everybody for the feedback.

Amy-I’m glad to hear you are having a wonderful time with your friends.

So far DD is loving Ohio. My DH and DD are at an Ohio State tailgate party now.

Nothing melting right now. We have a busy day planned. Hopefully tonight.

Have a great day all!!

Evening update. Is anyone else stunned by how STRONG the wax suddenly seems, now that we're not fighting the A/C air currents?? *Cough* *eyes streaming*

Either I've been choosing all champion throwers by luck, or things are totally different now that the air is still. I don't remember melting so much less last winter/spring... It could be my memory...

Anyway time to cut waaaay back on amount per melter (weren't we just taking about this?). Maybe things don't need to cure for six months after all...