The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

October’s BOOtiful Scents

Good morning ladies and Happy October!

Michele, that is an adorable title!

Well we are having a little heat wave this week, in the 80s again, but I know some of you are still having much higher temps than that so I will stop fussing about it. The sky however is blue and clear and gorgeous, and the soybean leaves have turned their lovely yellow and fallen off, so Fall is truly here.

This morning I received a gorgeous giftie box from a sweet CF pal, so it is truly Christmas in October. I am tickled pink and don't know what to melt first. Thank you so much! [smilie=th_teks0311]

Debra, I was wrong, on the Spotted Hog Two-Hog Packs, you can find Candy Corn in the second set of scent listings - one alphabetized set follows the other in the drop-down box. I missed it the first time. [smilie=bagover]

Michele, you are right, it was quiet around here yesterday. I hope you are getting settled in Ohio!

Honeybear! Are you home! *report in please*

Well I am realizing what a fool I was, all of last year, to insist that I didn't like bakery scents. Had I gone temporarily mad?? They are completely delicious! It's like discovering a whole new world of scent! I think this is because I'm not a big bakery goods fan (except for cookies...that is another story...). My mother and mother-in-law both loved bakery so much that I hope there are bear claws and donuts in Heaven. My DH is maintaining their fine tradition, which is not a good thing as he is diabetic.

Anyway, this morning in all the melters:

Spotted Hog Fried Cinnamon Dumplings - there are no words. Ohhhh that crackly fried/buttery goodness behind the cinnamon?! Just delicious.

And last evening I took a break from all the cinnamon because I had such a hankering for spearmint that it was killing me:

L3 Spearmint Cucumber - now this, this, is a glory. I have never met a cucumber scent I didn't like and with the spearmint - it's just over the top. Strong, long-lasting, and completely wonderful.

Now...back to sniffing this gift box...*sniff* *sniff* [smilie=th_LOVE]

Thanks Amy. I love bakery scents. I am glad you are enjoying them.

Wilting TBG Black Magic Laboratory which is Orange Chiffon, black velvet cake, chocolate shavings, and Creme soaked cookie bites. This scent doesn’t seem as strong as some of the others for this vendor.

Cute title, Michele! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Melting a gift from a sweet CF gal, Autumn Spice from CFTKR. [smilie=thank_you] Just a lovely blend of spices. [smilie=cloud_9]

Great title, Michele! :sSig_GoodOne:

AmyJo, thanks for the info on CFOW...darn! I was trying so hard to stay away, but what can I do? ;)

We are getting rain this week. Naturally - we are about to paint the outside of the house, LOL! We have talking about it all summer, finally got it scheduled.

Tonight is FP - Strawberry Rose Jam Birthday CAke.

Good morning all,

An early day today and very humid.

Debra, I hope the rain will hold off so you can get your house painted!

So last night I melted a delicious giftie from a sweet CF friend:

BBW Campfire Donut - oh! Oh! This was so tempting and long-lasting!

And this morning it's been:

BH&G Blackberry Bourbon - take two, after i tried it in the hotel last week - much better this time, must have been the air currents. Lush blackberry scent, still not much Bourbon, but it's a good fruit scent and filling the house.

Have lovely day all -

October already? [smilie=th_sSig_what]

Love your thread title, Michele! [smilie=th_LOVE] Hope you’re enjoying being with DH in Ohio. I remember all too well doing that with my DH, and the good part about it was it always felt like a little mini vacation. ????

Debra ~ We’re getting rain here too for the past couple of days. It’s so nice. And thanks for reminding me about FP. Now that it’s cooling down, I think I might mosey on over for a small order. [smilie=th_200912104451]

Amy ~ Yep, I’m back home again. Missing girls already, but busy getting ready for the new addition to our family. We are going to pick her up on Thursday. DH is taking the day off, and we couldn’t be more thrilled! [smilie=th_catkiss]

CFOW Carnival By The Sea

CFOW Sugar Cookie Dough

ST Moody ~ Black cedar wood, rain, and juniper berries

Melting PL Maple Walnut and YC Color Me Happy

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Hello everyone!

That thread title is so cute!

As if right on schedule, it cooled down yesterday and so I put away my lemon candles and re-arranged my candle and wax cabinet so that the autumn scents are front and center. Today I'm burning Mainstays Apple Pumpkin and melting the leftovers of a Trader Joe's Vanilla Pumpkin candle in my wax warmer.

Going through my cabinet I also found an old bag of Pumpkin Spice potpourri that had lost its scent. Gotta love Google...I found that spritzing with rubbing alcohol (or vodka it said, but I have a better use for vodka! [smilie=th_cocktail] ) and tossing it, that the scent will rejuvenate. It worked! My whole house smells pumpkiny, spicy, and like autumn. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Have a great day everyone!

Hello Caralooni! Welcome!

Google is great isnt it? I google everything.

Honeybear- Sounds like you had a good visit with your girls. Glad you are getting your new addition on Thursday. So exciting!

Melting a really old one this evening. We will see how this one does. It’s LOL Caramel Apples. I really miss this vendor.

[smilie=th_hello] Caralooni! I was looking at the Vanilla Pumpkin candles in the TJ's flyer - are they good ones?

Honeybear, I am happy to be at your enabling service! [smilie=yes]

AmyJo - glad the B&B was better this time. I still need to give mine a try.

Tonight it is Tiffany's Shaving Cream Loopy Verbena.

Hi, Carolooni! Thanks for sharing the tip on how to revive potpourri! [smilie=th_aa21] I have some old potpourri around here.

I didn't melt earlier today because I had an apple pie in the oven. Evening melt is Honeycrisp Apple Cider from YC.

Hello dear ladies,

In the office this week and missing the daytime melting.

Mpfand - an apple pie in the oven?! That beats wax any day!

Carolooni, that's interesting about how to revive potpourri, I had no idea?

Debra, I love the name of that Tiffany's melt!

Maggieeeee, hope you are ok! *sending hugs*

Last night I melted:

Spotted Hog Pumpkin Sugar & Spice - oh my goodness, so delicious.

And this morning early was:

Golden Willow Spa Days - Cucumber, Shaving Cream, SSA - love, love, love.

Have a great day all --

[smilie=th_Hello_]

[smilie=th_Welcome1-1] Carolooni! I noticed you are in Arizona and so am I. [smilie=yes] What part?

Mpfand ~ You’re inspiring me to bake a pie. Maybe next week when DD#2 comes for Fall Break. [smilie=th_LOVE]

CFOW Paradise Garden

BL October 3rd ~ Sweet Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirled Dough (been saving this one for the right day [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] )

Burning GC Birthday Cake and Caribbean Sky

One more day... [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Thank you for the warm welcomes candlelove, debra99, mpfand, AmyJo and NMhoneybear! What a great group here!

I'm so glad that information about reviving potpourri was helpful.

The scents and vendors you guys are talking about sound so delicious, and I see so many people here using Spotted Hog, which I had never heard of. I'm going to have to investigate them soon.

debra99, The TJ's Vanilla Pumpkin is....DIVINE! It was a gift last year and oh....I want to eat it. Even melting the leftover wax in the warmer is heavenly today, after letting it warm all day yesterday. YUM!

NMhoneybear, I'm in the Phoenix area, west valley. How about you? Are you enjoying the cooler, rainy weather? I sure am, but my curly hair has its own opinion. :sSc_faint:

Hi All!

I hope everyone is doing well. It’s a beautiful day here in Ohio. It’s quite warm and sunny. I’m enjoying the beautiful weather. Yesterday I took a ride to Easton which has the biggest shopping area I have ever seen. It was fun and I did quite a bit of damage.

Home now and melting VCS Haddonfield. It’s a great scent but I’m sure it will be a lot stronger with more curing time. My about 10 year old LOL melt was unbelievably strong. I can’t believe it held its scent for that long. .

Hello! ;)

Been busy as a bee and haven't even been changing the melters...tsk. Tsk. [smilie=th_butbutbut]

Michele...I love when old tarts hold their scent! I thought I had old LOL too but if I did, I squirreled them away someplace good. Lololol [smilie=th_confused3] Btw, love the thread title!!

Carolooni....excellent advice with the potpourri!! Excited to try it in my bathroom. [smilie=th_thsecret] Psst....Spotted Hog is amazing!

Mpfand...Apple pie? [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Amy....I'm good...thanks! ((Hugs)) back atcha

Debra...did you end up getting the house painted?

Honeybear...best wishes with your newest addition! [smilie=th_00000020]

It's Zeep in Rainy Day scent although it's gorgeous here. ❤️

Have a nice evening.

Honeybear, we want to hear all about your furball adventures! [smilie=th_catkiss]

Michele - I have had some surprisingly strong LOLs also! Are you using a plate warmer or tea lights for these?

Maggie, they pressure wash the house tomorrow, and we are also having some landscaping upkeep done, and that is falling when we are supposed to have a downpour.

I found a super old FP clamshell. It is called Summer Garden, about to see if it has any scent - it is about as old as my LOLs! [smilie=th_c032]

Good morning, ladies [smilie=th_blij51]

Honeybear, thinking of you as you welcome your new addition today! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Debra, I hope the rain holds off until the outside work is done!

We had rain come through last night and dropped our temps. It's a glorious 64 degrees this morning. Haven't seen the 60's since early spring. Fall is on its way to the desert!

Melting Cider Mill from Scentsy.

Hi All!

Debra-I’m using a plate warmer to melt the LOL. Hope you are able to get your outside work done.

Honeybear -Good Luck with the new addition today.

Mpfand-Your weather sounds delightful.

Maggie-I love when the old ones keep their scent. CFTKR does well too.

Melting TBG Golden Nights from the Halloween Sampler. I love it. It’s an oak and whiskey scent.

Amy-Sounds like you are having a busy week.

Have a great day all!

Good morning all!

I'm trying to get my bearing here, and get to know you all and what's going on with everyone. Please forgive me if I miss someone or don't "get" something you are talking about...

...like, what is LOL?? I must know! I've found the list of abbreviations, but it didn't include LOL.

Honeybear, I'm excited to hear about your new addition. It's a new kitty? t09026.gif

Debra, all that outside work to be done and rain. Darnit! Hope it all goes well and gets done how you want it. t111021.gif

Mpfand, 64 degrees sounds pretty dang good. You must be north of Phoenix? It's nice here, but not that nice yet!t120003.gif

Candlelove, your shopping trip sounds fun. Did any of your damage include wax?? smileys-shopping-358280.gif

Maggie, Rainy Day sounds like a lovely scent, good weather or bad! t113025.gif

I'm still melting TJ's Vanilla Pumpkin, but I think today will be it. It still is providing some nice fragrance, but it's waning. I'm also burning GC Toasy Hot Toddy in the pumpkin jar from last year. And you know, I like it MUCH better this year than I did last.

[smilie=th_sHellobar]

Yes Carolooni....it sure is....it went over 24 hours strong! LOL was an amazing vendor that went out of business a long time ago...but some of us still have oldies in our stashes!

Mpfand...fall in the desert? Sounds amazing!

Debra...I hope you can get everything you need done before the rains come in!

Amy...thinking of you and hoping you are well! [smilie=The_Hi]

Burning some candles today...

Goosecreek Cinnamon Donuts

McCalls Country Store

And melts in Country Store as well.....smells wonderful. :thyay:

Added Woofwicks Caramel Kettle Corn Elephant Ears Mac Apple

Hello everybody!

A very full week at work complete with late hours and enforced togetherness with lots of people. I feel like Garbo..."I want to be alone..."

I will write more in the morning but felt you needed to know that I am melting:

Zeep Pistachio Dream Cake - from the cupcake sampler. I am not the biggest pistachio scent fan but this is wonderful, not like playdoh as it sometimes smells to me. This is sweet and nutty and just delicious.

Good night - sleep tight - no bedbugs biting - more tomorrow. ????????????????

Well, I hit TJ's today - and forgot to look for the candle! Phooey. I did, however, pick up some Pumpkin Joe-Joes… [smilie=th_pardon] Tasty!

Honeybear, I hope all is going well with the wee one! I went to the vet yesterday and now I have to stuff pills in one of mine for a few days. She is not happy with me now. [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Thanks for the good luck wishes for our yard and house! It all starts tomorrow, fingers crossed that they don't get rained out. [smilie=th_sSig_what] This is the PNW...they should be used to it!

Tonight I found another LOL, Whichita Blue Juniper - another one still scenting after all these years!

Good morning all!

A good night's sleep is indeed a gift. This morning I am trying to be philosophical and patient about the fact that one of my long-awaited waxie packages, which had arrived at the regional airport here on Tuesday night, somehow then went from Cincinnati to California and not been scanned since. [smilie=th_cray] Perhaps it will reappear...

Maggie, hello from one busy bee to another! [ [smilie=th_friends]

Honeybear, I am imagining you with your precious new bundle of fur. [smilie=th_catkiss] I'm very happy for you!

Debra, I hope everything goes well with the house painting! I'm sorry your kitty is ailing and hope for a speedy and complete recovery. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Michele, what did you find in Easton? *shopping details please* :ssshopping:

Carolooni, you are tempting me to go to Trader Joe's. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] Truth be known, I have never been there.

Mpfand, I'm glad you are getting some cooler weather - that was a long scorching stretch you had out there.

Susan, [smilie=th_wave] you've been quiet, another busy bee? Everything ok I hope!

Well I'm excited because tomorrow I get to meet a sweet pal from CF for brunch! I'm so happy that we're actually doing this! [smilie=th_fe5b5651]

This morning it's:

FP Momma's Blueberry Cobbler - this is about 8 months old and absolutely fabulous. I have it in three melters. *bliss*

Have a fine day, everyone! [smilie=th_balloons]

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Amy-I hope your waxie package reappears soon. That has happened to me also. It’s reappeared. I bought some new clothes in Easton. I always like to get a few new things at the start of each season. That is such a great shopping area. They have every store you could imagine. The only wax shopping I did was for the Vanilla Pimpkin candle from Trader Joe’s. I had that burning last night. Very nice scent!

Debra-Hope your kitty is feeling better soon.

I’m excited because tomorrow is the day I’m meeting a sweet CF friend for brunch. Happy to finally meet up. I’m sure we will have plenty to talk about.

Melting SGA Fresh Baked Bread and Lattes.

Have a great day all!