The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

Try to Remember the Scents of September

Good morning all and HAPPY FALL!!! [smilie=th_LOVE]

It was 61 this morning and I do believe Fall is here right on schedule! Ahhhhh the windows are open and the cool air is blowing through the house...heaven.

Maggie - I'm right there with you on the chocolate - love the flavor but the scent filling the house, not so much. And that timer - so annoying when things don't work right out of the gate!! [smilie=th_m4t3zo4]

Susan - I love chai tea so much - how are you liking that scent?

Debra, I'm glad your cat likes TV. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] Aren't they a mess? Clemmie stares at the TV sometimes too. She keeps me entertained.

So folks - what is this Hemingway scent?? *details please* If you are all hoarding it - it must be sometimes special.

So last evening I started up with CFTKR and we're still in that theme this morning:

CFTKR Blueberry Zucchini - from a sweet CF friend [smilie=th_a194] - honestly this started throwing the minute it hit the melter and was lovely all night.

CFTKR Blackberry Jam BC Crème Brulee - divine. So fresh and true. I have it in every melter.

Enjoy this gorgeous fall weather! I am staying away from the VCS Restock. [smilie=th_LaLaLa]

AmyJo, the description of Hemingway is "Rich, ripe apples and warm, woody accents of sandalwood and cedar with hints of spice". It's just a beautiful scent that lasts forever. I'd be happy to share a couple of cubes if you give me your address. ;)

Melting Apple Butter Frosting from Scentsy. Last of this enormous brick, all 15 oz of it. :blink:

Have a great day. [smilie=th_wave]

[smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Maggie ~ BL is Blank Label. Aria mentioned them last week, so I looked in my stash and found too much. I need to get melting, [smilie=th_laughing]

I’m tempted to check out VCS for some of the Grandma’s Pearls I keep hearing about, but I headed to Albuquerque on Monday for the week and won’t be here for delivery. Phew! Or is she slower on the shipping? [smilie=th_thsignA]

HHS Fluffy Pink Sugar Marshmallow

BL BlackBerry White Cake Cotton Candy Frosting ~ It has another name, but it’s stupid so I’m just saying what’s in it. [smilie=yes]

Hmmmm, Maggie, wonder what happened to your timer? [smilie=th_oops_]

I am binge watching A Place to Call Home tonight. I am a fan!

:sSig_agreed: Blech to chocolate scents. There are very few that I like to

melt.

Our fall has started with rain. Funny timing, I can not remember the last rain we had. :huh:

Today has been a busy melting day:

B&BW candle - Honolulu Sun

Oldie - LOL - Blackberry Sugar Cookie

Oldie - Candle Dippers - Watermelon Lily.

Pistachio Lemon Noel - SGA

Hello dear ladies,

This cool weather is the best - as I'm typing this, it's 57 outside and I see a couple of nights this week projected in the high 40s. [smilie=th_autumboy]

Many of you mentioned reading Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed and I've just finished it and loved it, laughter and tears. I would love to hear what others think.

Mpfand, you are too kind! Let's do a swap. I have put a note in your profile. For some reason the email function on the board doesn't seem to work for me.

Honeybear, I think VCS was pretty quick on the shipping the last time I ordered, but my memory is not always dependable. I don't see Grandma's Pearls on the site at the moment (yes I did peek - no damage) but she has another lavender/vanilla blend which sounds similar.

Maggie, how was that Bailey's Coffee? I love anything Bailey's. [smilie=yes]

Well yesterday the CFTKR scents went so long and so well that I was reluctant to change out the melters. It was late in the day and then I had a couple of rough scents before settling in:

TBG Bee Smitten - even my beloved Bathing Garden has a dud, it seems, at least for me! Lavender, honey, ylang ylang...I didn't pick up any lavender at all...like honey that had gone bad. [smilie=th_gagme]

The next one was just waaaaay toooooo strong:

Golden Willow Clever Girls Fall in Love - Amber Romance, Vanilla Sugar - normally I love anything with Amber, but wow, this nearly choked me out of the living room and I had to pour it out.

The third time was the charm:

The Scented Squirrel Marshmallows Under the Moon - divine. Toasted Marshmallows, Smoky woods, clove, nutmeg, cinnamon. To me Jess keeps getting better and better. Her melts take a couple months to cure but then they are potent and her blends are something special. That one threw beautifully from 7 pm until when I got up at 5 this morning, still going strong.

And this morning it's:

Spotted Hog Pumpkin Sugar & Spice - just heavenly! Strong! Delicious! Have I mentioned how wonderful these Fall scents are?! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Lastly several of you mentioned Wicked by ST - a sweet CF pal sent me some of that [smilie=th_teks0311] and I loved it too.

Have a good day everyone!

Good morning!

Debra, those are some oldies! How'd they do?

Amy, I'm a little jealous of your cool temperatures. We're still using our pool so I'll just hang onto summer a little bit longer. B)

Melting McIntosh Cinnamon from Essenza.

Happy Sunday!

Debra...I wish both LOL and Candledippers were still open! Miss them! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Mpfand...it wasn't so long ago that we were in the pool, but the way the weather is lately, it feels soooo long ago! Autumn is here too! Enjoy that warmth! ;)

Amy...that Baileys Coffee was great...didn't smell alcohol just nice smooth coffee! I hear ya with the honey...as a kid I hated honey and my mom would always make us have a spoonful when we had thick coughs or sore throats. Ugh. Now I actually like the taste but hate the scent unless it's so blended you don't actually smell it alone. Glad you ended your day with a good fragrance! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Honeybear...thanks for the info on BL. I really like her stuff too...I think I've got a few Autumn scents around here somewhere. And I believe Amy is correct, VCS is pretty quick with shipping things out! :sHa_thumbgoodjob:

Today has been...

Homemade Strawberry Kiwi Peppermint from a sweet CF pal...yummy and unique! Thanks!

L3 Pear Peeps...not my favorite marshmallow but it's still yummy. I love Pear and this is a nice in between scent to me.

Have a great one. :)

Had to pop in and say goodnight. I switched up the melters to:

Southbound Blackberry Lemon Birthday - so scrumptious. I really would like to eat from that clamshell... But I'll be good.

Maggie, that Bailey's sounds heavenly. But no alcohol smell! For someone who does not like the taste of liquor, I sure do love the smell. My father had a liquor cabinet when I was little... They hardly ever drank except on holidays, so that cabinet was associated with special occasions and I thought it had a very exotic smell. I imagine that's why I love the scent.

Anyway goodnight everybody! I've gotten out the thick blanket!

Good morning ladies,

A soggy start to the week. Road trip begins later today for work. Have wax ready to roll. [smilie=superman]

From very early this morning, melting:

Spotted Hog Peach Butterscotch Chip Whippet - drool, drool! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

and

The Scented Squirrel Massachusetts (from the State Sampler) - Boston Cream Pie - love, love, love! Strong and creamy and so delicious! [smilie=th_200912104451]

Take care all - [smilie=th_wave]

Hello!

Busy weekend so no melting.

Today it’s TBG Pumpkin Cupcake Ice Cream. So good.

Amy-Have a wonderful work week!! Glad you have all your wax ready to roll.

We had a wonderful time on the Manhattan dinner cruise celebrating my brother’s 25th anniversary of his business. The views were gorgeous and it was a beautiful night.

Have a great day all!!

Melting CFTKR Harvest Zucchini

Other recent melts...

FP Apple Jack and Orange Peel

FP Banana Nut Cider Lane ZB

FP Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Vanilla Latte

Rockets Black Licorice

Rockets Toasted Mallow Spearmint

Rockets The Black Hole (blackberry/butter cookie/Latte)

Rockets Blueberry Brown Sugar Cornbread

SGA Truth or Dare(

SGA Lava Java

SGA Cider Lane PPW Cookie Marshmallow

SGA IHOp

1803 Hocus Pocus

1803 Cider Mill

1803 Perfect Pumpkin

1803 Moms Kitchen

VCS Phantom of the Opera

VCS Sanderson Sisters

VCS Riff Raffs Cozy Cocktail

VCS The Warrens Visit Cookie Monster

TBG Charm & Ruin

TBG Tombstone Dust

TBG Hades & Persephone

YC Apple Pumpkin

Nenes Persimmon Spice

I think that’s it lol. I love the fall Fragrances ????

Amy, safe travels!

Michele, the dinner cruise sounds lovely. Glad you had a good time.

Aria, all your scents sound so good!

Cleaning today and putting out a few Halloween decorations. For those of you who do seasonal decorating do you decorate for Halloween or fall only? My Halloween stuff seems so.....gaudy. lol

Enjoying a couple of scents from Scentsy today- Honey Pear Cider, always good and Spiced Pear, light and no spice. [smilie=th_scratch]

Good evening ladies and thank you for the good travel wishes, mpfand and Michele!

With all this talk about the new BH&G Blackberry Bourbon, did I come straight to the hotel upon arrival? Noooooooooo -- I headed like a laser for WalMart and picked some up - along with Cut Frazier and Caramel Bread. Their Fall scents look really good. They also have some new melters - one like an acorn! - but I showed at least some restraint and just got the three clams. *you are correct...this was not included in the wax pause...neither was yesterday's very very small Southbound order to get more Nog Cream...* [smilie=th_paper-bag]

Michele - your dinner cruise sounds fabulous and I'm so glad the weather cooperated! Again, many congratulations to your brother on his career landmark. [smilie=th_congratulations] And ohhhhh...that Bathing Garden Pumpkin Ice Cream....I agree with you, so good.

Aria! You are a melting marvel! How many times a day are you changing out your melters? [smilie=th_insane] Everything sounds divine.

Mpfand - as far as decorating, I am kind of minimalist. I do put up a pretty Fall wreath outside, and I have a decorative plate with some Halloween wax pumpkins and bats in the living room. LOL that's it, but we enjoy it. I love it when people decorate beautifully but I think I missed that class. [smilie=th_pardon]

Well I have two tealights going - one in the main room and one in the bathroom of this hotel. I brought all scent shots because they travel well:

Spotted Hog Salted Caramel - this was a freebie and ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's just heavenly! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Scented Squirrel Siren's Seduction - Burgundy Rose, Vanilla, SSA - one of the summer scents I missed - and it's just getting started but it's quite different and I like!

Well that drive wiped me out so it's a pasta in the hotel and hit the sack, early day tomorrow. I hope everyone has a lovely evening! [smilie=thzzz003]

Maggie and mpfand - I miss LOL and Candle Dippers a lot! :wub: Those melts were about at the end of their life expectancy - I bet about 5-6 years old? I could smell them with a tealight. but not for long.

Aria, safe travels! Glad you were able to stop for the important things! ;)

Aria, that is an impressive list! Do you have a melt diary? I jot things down so I remember what I liked.

I have a question - do you have trouble smelling Candy Corn melts? I keep trying different vendors, but it is usually - nada.

Tonight - from She Loves Cake - a brownie toasted marshmallow blend. We'll see how chocolaty this is! :huh:

Hi All!

TBG Pumpkin Cupcake Ice Cream is still throwing after being on all day. Wonderful scent!

AmyJo-Your scents sound wonderful. Best yours is the best smelling room in the hotel.

Mpfand-I used to decorate for Halloween when the kids were young but now I just decorate for Fall with a few pumpkins thrown in. It looks beautiful and I can keep my house decorated until the Christmas season begins after Thanksgiving.

Started burning a great new candle I found. It’s Goose Creek Salted Pumpkin Pretzel. Absolutely wonderful and a good thrower.

Good night all!!

Hello from Albuquerque! [smilie=th_snoopy]

I’m sure enjoying the cooler weather, and even more so, being with my girls. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Aria ~ I’m dizzy from your post. LOL

Amy ~ You’re reminding me that I need to get to melting my Southbound stash. [smilie=th_slider_brent]

Michele ~ Glad to hear the cruise was a success.

Mpfand ~ I don’t do a full Fall deco anymore. Just a few things, and our beloved Beary Pumpkin Light is the first thing I put out. The girls love it! I I think I got it at Hobby Lobby maybe 20 years ago. It’s so cute.

Debra ~ I’m sure I’ve had good candy corn scents over the years, but I can’t remember who the vendors were. Sorry!

ST Dumbledore: Apple slices, Pink Chiffon and Blue Cotton Candy

ST Voldemort: The omen blended with cactus & sea salt

Today I’m going to take my mom shopping, and tomorrow we’re all going to dinner to celebrate her 79th birthday, which is next week.

Hello everybody,

A good workday. Finally installed in the hotel.

Debra, I haven't melted any candy corn melts yet. That said, I have one from Spotted Hog at home so I will report back once I return.

Michele, that Salted Pumpkin Pretzel - oh, oh! Must try!!

Honeybear, I'm so very happy that you are with your girls. ????????

Maggieeeee I hope you are well and not working too too hard! ????

Tonight I am melting:

Golden Willow Draught Resistant Lawn - Grass Stains & Baja Cactus. Very fresh and invigorating and smells different from the description. Almost creamy. Pretty, too - she two-toned a scent shot!????

Scented Squirrel Kansas - Sunflowers - a subtle floral scent which is good because I'm not a big floral fan.

I have to say that while the BH&G Blackberry Bourbon was pleasant enough last night, it was not a big thrower and I couldn't really get the bourbon. To be fair, I didn't let it go for many hours because I was so tired and the room is too small to let them go all night. So I will try it again at home.

Sleep tight all - ????????

Thanks for the feed back on Halloween/fall decor. I may donate most of my Halloween decor at the end of the season and just do fall next year. Although DD did appreciate my apothecary jar full of eyeballs and spiders. [smilie=th_foolish1]

Honeybear, glad you're getting some time with your girls. [smilie=th_yay]

Amy, I hope the Blackberry Bourbon is better the second time around.

Melting Pumpkin Butter Cookies from BH&G.

I do decorate for Halloween, with my YC Boney Bunch candle accessories. I have quite a few and I really like the ones with dogs and cats on them. I don't do much else, though! It was so much fun when the kids were young, DH does not even notice them. ;)

Michele, I have found some wonderful Goose Creek candles. :wub: That one sounds like a good one to try.

AmyJo - thanks for the Blackberry Bourbon info - I think it often happens that blackberry scents overrun every think else in the blend.

Tonight it is TDC - Leaves.

Hello All...

Been busy and only home long enough to sleep so I haven't been melting much.

This morning I put on Mango Salty Sea Air by L3

Have a good Wednesday.

Good evening everyone!

All your Halloween decorations sound so pretty...I am enjoying them all vicariously!

Debra, you are right - Blackberry is an alpha personality. The one exception is CFTKR Blackberry Jam Butter Cookie Crème Brulee and that one is so completely, perfectly balanced that I could almost weep.

Maggie!! You are a busy bee. Please remember to rest!! [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Honeybear - so what are you and your girls up to?? I have a feeling that you are might happy, whatever you are doing. [smilie=snoopy]

Mpfand - your jar full of spiders and eyeballs - that is right up my alley and sounds fabulous!! [smilie=th_aa17]

I have a little issue here at the hotel and I hope it won't cause me to have a big cleaning bill. Two nights ago, I melted Spotted Hog Salted Caramel and it was just beautiful...but it seems to have permeated everything in this room. I have melted other things since then but when you walk in, WOW, it's like being submerged in a vat of salted caramel. I'm not going to melt at all tonight, much as that grieves me, in hopes that it will fade. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_fluc

So tonight it's just me and Hawaii Five-O reruns on Netflix, nothing melting, and to all a good night!! [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

AmyJo - abstaining from melting - what a sacrifice! I had something like that happen when I stayed at an Air B&B - it had a strong scent of pink sugar when I left. [smilie=th_cha60] I was really worried about the review they would give me, but not a word about it!

Maggie - too busy to melt is not a good thing! I hope things slow down a bit for you. [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Tonight is a YC - Honey Clementine - a strong one!