The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

Try to Remember the Scents of September

Wow, Aria - what a great list! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

mpfand - I went to Target to look for my favorite Halloween pumpkin spice kisses - I think I am too early. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Honeybear - I am going to look into your book!

Maggie - how are you doing? Are you having a fun start?

Tonight it is a really old Scentsy - Tea Blossom. It is so old it is a square box and the color has faded, but I still "smells"! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Good morning

Starting out this Friday with VCS Winchester Mystery House (apples, corn husk, spices) not a favorite like I thought it would be when I ordered it last fall. I think it's the corn husk note I don't care for. Last night we enjoyed White Magic from TBG

(Shaved cinnamon, orange tea, and hints of spicy patchouli.) I just looked at my previous post and it does look like quite a bit! Fall scents are by far my favorite and when the weather cools off, I just melt like crazy. [smilie=th_smilies-1] I don't melt nearly that much in the spring and summer.

debra, I didn't see any pumpkin spice kisses at my Target either... was there last week. I will let you know if I see them in the future.

Maggie, pumpkin yogurt? Another pumpkin treat I NEED! [smilie=th_thConfus_55]

Honeybear, "This afternoon when I get back from Costco, I'm pulling out my pot!" [smilie=th_thlaughter] So, after that, did you get the munchies? [smilie=th_slider_brent]

Mpfand, I saw the Pumpkin Spice Coffeemate, but didn't get any and now wish I had! [smilie=th_316785e4]

Amyjo, I'm pretty sure I ordered Charred Jack O Lantern from TBG, don't think I've had it before. Really like the fall lineup of scents at TBG!!! [smilie=th_ecd36868] Patiently waiting for my goodies to arrive.

Hope those in the hurricane are safe!

Hello everyone!

Warming up again...but the 10 little year-old red twig dogwood bushes have lost their leaves already...I think they are confused... [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] I hope they will be ok because they have lovely red branches and I am looking forward to seeing them against the snow (yes, snow!! [smilie=th_sSig_what] can't wait!).

Hi Maggie, good to see you! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr I'll bet you're glad to see the weekend after the first week of school. And thank you for introducing me to Spotted Hog - I am entranced! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Mpfand, which movie did you and DH choose? Sounds like a relaxing evening. And you and Debra mention something called pumpkin spice kisses...*ahem* how have I lived this long without knowing about this? Are they by Hershey or a different manufacturer? *must go to Target on lunch break*

Honeybear - I may also check out Tiny Beautiful Things - that's the Cheryl Strayed book, isn't it, where she wrote as Dear Sugar? - I loved her book Wild so very much.

Aria, yes I agree with you - the TBG Fall scents are just amazing, and I ordered a goodly number of them. [smilie=th_Whistle] That Charred Jack-O'Lantern lasted a good 48 hours and I reluctantly changed it out this morning. So beautiful. I'm interested to hear what you think about it!

So last night it was:

VCS Grandma's Pearls - my most favorite of all the lavenders.

And this morning it was:

TBG Rosie Days - a gentle rose scent - perfect. Not the heavy rose jam that sometimes to me is overwhelming, but a delicate scent like a newly opened rose. Gorgeous.

and

SH Cinna-Bun - I'm going through these at an alarming rate - there are only 12 and I've melted 2 already. DH was in heaven. Beyond wonderful!

Have a good day, everybody - it's FRIDAY!!

Hi!

Wow Aria! You melt ALOT. Good for you!

I have hardly had time to melt. I have been busy with my dad the last couple of days. Spent all yesterday afternoon in the ER with hm. Fortunately he was sent home. He had a bad attack of acid reflux.

AmyJo-Did you order from TBG Winter Collection today? I just placed a small order and my wax ban is holding. I didn’t even look at the VCS restock yesterday and not interested in SGA restock tomorrow. That’s the best way to avoid temptation. I agree with you Amy the VCS Grandma’s Pearls is the most beautiful lavender scent ever.

Aria-TBG has the most beautiful Fall scents ever. They are just so different. I’m melting TBG White Pumpkin now. I’m loving this. Can’t wait to melt Charred Jack-O’Lantern.

Maggie-Hope the first few days of school went well.

Honeybear-I’m going to check out that book. Hav fun making waxies.

I am getting DH from the airport in a bit. Busy weekend ahead though including a bridal shower. Not too much time to spend together.

I love Fridays! Enjoy all!!

Hello All! :)

The first week of school started off [smilie=th_yellow5] and [smilie=th_shout] then got [smilie=th_5337c1ad] but ended [smilie=th_sml29] I think it will be alright...lol. Two of my classes are wonderful...one started off to be the MOST difficult class I've ever had....but today was a much better day and things are looking up!

Michele....I'm so sorry to hear that your Dad ended up in the hospital! I'm glad he is home now and hope he is feeling better!

Amy... [smilie=th_thsecret] shhhh...don't tell but....I love snow too!

Aria...that's funny!!! [smilie=th_laughing] And...I'd think I'd love those scents too but I've never smelled corn husks either.

Debra...I really get happy when old wax still smells! [smilie=th_e3301ae2]

So today it's...King & Queen by SEMO.... [smilie=th_LOVE]

Have a great evening!

Good evening all!

I hope everybody is well. Just a quick evening update.

Maggie, I'm so very glad your first week turned out well, especially if it was frustrating earlier in the week. Those little students are so lucky to have you.

Michele - first of all, I'm so glad your father is ok. That's scary business spending time in the ER so I'm very happy for you that it was just reflux. yes I did order today from The Bathing Garden Winter Collection, and isn't it beautiful? Good for you, that you made a small order - well done!! This was one of my planned events during my Wax Pause...I hadn't ordered anything prior to this for two weeks, which for me is like the seven-year drought. Happily, the new sense of restraint helped me out today, and I spent only 3/4 of what I had planned to, a nice order but not over the top. I got some beautiful Winter scents - all full of pine and mint and cranberries and bonfires and apples and cake - and am very happy with the order. Now, back to our regularly scheduled pause... [smilie=th_butbutbut]

And Michele - you are so right - best to ignore the other restocks. It's the only way. I look at Instagram and sometimes there are pictures from the vendors of all sorts of delectable little Fall shapes and scents and I just shudder and look away. On the whole though it's going ok and I feel much calmer. Thanks again to everybody for all the encouragement!

Well tonight it's:

TBG Fallen - Cassia, lemon peel, and vanilla - and decorated with two black wings, I supposed from a fallen angel. Shannon cracks me up - and as always this is beautifully decorated. I like the lemon and am not sure yet about the cassia.

My DH is asking for Spotted Hog melts to take to his studio. He has been assimilated. [smilie=th_giggle]

Good night all! [smilie=thzzz003]

Funny you mention Corn Husk, Aria. I have a sample with no vendor name that I popped in the melter...we will soon see what I think soon!

Maggie, I hope you have some well-deserved rest this weekend! [smilie=th_yahoo]

It is staying stormy here, we had a downpour last night that came out of nowhere and flooded the garage. Fortunately, within moments of it being over the water resided. Whew! I sure did not want to get out the Shop Vac and start working at bedtime! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Have a great weekend!

Morn everyone. Melting this morn before going to work: The Comforter by Hayden Rowe. We are having rain here, no flooding as yet, but we have had some much rain this year it wouldn't take much to cause some. I also work tomorrow, so I won't be on. Hope everyone has a good weekend and stay safe.

Maggie, I'm glad your first week ended well. :)

Michele, so glad your dad is ok.

Debra, how did corn husk smell? I picture it similar to hay only more "green". That's how I would describe the smell of real corn husks. And I haven't seen the pumpkin kisses yet, either. <_<

Melting Apple Crush from Scentsy.

Good Afternoon!

Thank you Mpfand, Debra and Amy! You are very kind. :)

Susan...glad you aren't flooding so far! Hope it stays that way!

Oh no Debra!! I'm glad the water receded....I've had too many flooded rooms in my lifetime and I feel for you!!

Amy...your DH sure has good taste!! He likes Spotted Hog and he picked you! LOL [smilie=yes]

Today I'm melting gifties from a sweet pal.... [smilie=th_teks0311]

TBG Whiskey Apples...amazing! I'm not a fan of the scent of whiskey but this is [smilie=th_cc15]

Zeep Not Your Mamas Waffles...delicious

Have a great day!

Thanks for being on pumpkins spice kisses look out! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

mpfand - the corn husk scent was very unusual - somewhat hard to explain! I was expecting what you were thinking, but mine had hay, and coconut and a little musty. I am still trying to decide if I like it! :huh:

Off to the beach - just a quick trip, DS has a day off and will meet us there.

Today it was ST - Gain.

Good morning ladies and Happy Sunday to you,

Too warm again here...my heart goes out to the Carolinas. Devastating storm with the relentless rain.

Susan, I hope you are not having any flooding. Get some rest after your long work hours!

Maggie, you are so sweet to say that, thank you. [smilie=th_cuddle-1]

Debra, I'm sorry about the garage. Ours does that too on occasion and it's not much fun. But on a cheerier note, I'm on lookout with the rest of you for the pumpkin spice kisses. (DH also perked up when I mentioned them.)

Mpfand, Debra and Aria - with all this talk about the corn husk scent, I am very curious about it now. I love that smell from the real thing. The closest thing I think I've melted is FP Hayride, which was lovely and just like...hay!

Well I survived the Southbound, VRC, VCS and Zeep restocks, thankfully. *sigh of relief* I have three Summer melts left (except for some TBG saved for the dead of Winter) and then BRING ON FALL!

Btw - isn't it interesting how the vendors often seem to restock at the same time? Do you think they plan it that way?

One of my melters, the giant pineapple, is out of commission until I get a new light bulb. I was wiping out all of the melters yesterday and a tiny drop of water fell onto the hot bulb, which exploded. Learned a good lesson there. [smilie=th_yellow5]

Well last night it was:

CFOW Lavender and SSA, from a special order Michele made up in assorted shapes - and the last of it.... [smilie=th_smiley-crying]

And today it's:

The Scented Squirrel - Lovespell and Salt Water Taffy - [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

and

BH&G Pina Colada - soooo strong and summery - *sigh goodbye Summer*

Enjoy your Sunday everybody.

Hi All!

Thank you all regarding my dad. He’s fine and home.

Yesterday I didn’t get to melt. I had a bridal shower to go to. Squeezing a little melting in this morning before heading out this afternoon to celebrate my sister’s 60th birthday. I have to drop DH to the airport before that though. Fall schedule has already started and his late flight has been eliminated and he can’t come to the birthday dinner. He’s coming back next weekend for a special dinner cruise around Manhattan celebrating my brother’s 25 years in business. Looking forward to that. I’m heading to Ohio after that for almost 3 weeks.

I love having all my wax organized. There is one cabinet I keep in a closet that has a lot of wax in it. It smells up the jackets in there. I need to melt through all that wax and then I will be completely happy.

Melting today CFOW The Breakfast Club. This is a nice strawberry scent.

Have a great day all!!

Debra, the corn husk scent definitely sounds unusual. ;) Interesting that it would have coconut. Have fun at the beach!

Michele, at least all your coats smell nice! :D

I've been watching Steel Magnolias while I work in the kitchen. I've seen it several times yet I can't get through it without crying. Last night DH and I watched Woman Walks Ahead on Amazon Prime and I highly recommend it.

Melting Honey Crisp Cider from ScentSationals.

Enjoy the day everyone! :)

Interesting about the water drop on the light bulb, AmyJo [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon - very unexpected, but I guess it makes sense.

Michele - a dinner cruise is right up my alley! I bet you will have a wonderful time! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

We made a massive plate of nachos tonight - yummy! But, now I better watch the calories tomorrow! It will be worth it. [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Tonight it is Cheryl's - Lavender/Sweet Noel.

Good morning everyone and Happy Monday, [smilie=th_316785e4]

Michele, I'm glad that your DH will at least be able to join for the cruise around Manhattan - sounds lovely - to celebrate your brother's big work anniversary! I'm sorry the flight schedules have changed and he has to fly back so early on the weekends. And LOL about the jackets smelling of wax - the same is true of my backpack - I don't notice it until I bring it into the offices, which are totally devoid of smell - and then my backpack is quite noticeable. [smilie=th_pardon]

Debra, the nachos sound extremely tasty!

Well this morning it's the last of the melons!

Southbound Beach Spa - cucumber, melon, SSA - really lovely.

Have a good day all -

Hello Everyone...

Debra...I hope you enjoyed the beach!

Michele...glad Dad is doing well. You've been very busy with the shower and birthday celebrations..hope you had a nice time. That dinner cruise should be fun...I did one a couple years back...I like seeing the city from the Hudson.

Mpfand...thanks for that reco....I'm gonna go take a peek!

Amy...that's so weird about that lightbulb exploding!!! I hope you didn't get hurt! Scary.

Well...I melted VRC Coconut Candy Shop all day yesterday.

Today its Endless Summer by Southbound

Have a nice evening! ;)

Good Morning!

It’s been a very busy couple of days.

Melting this morning the last of SGA Vanilla Chai Birthday Cake Vanilla Hazelnut Marshmallow Vanilla Pumpkin. Very good as usual. This vendor always holds her scents a very long time.

Have a great day!!

Greetings ladies!

I hope everyone is doing well today. Around here we are into Fall scents and it is a lovely change. The weather however is not cooperating, going up to 85 today, but considering that all of the soybeans are turning their glorious yellow, the warmth will be good for the harvest. [smilie=yes]

Debra, hang in there with all the meetings - I become very impatient with them - [smilie=th_anyminute]

Maggie - how is the VRC Coconut Candy Shoppe (did you have that scent already, or did the Loaf of the Month arrive with lightning speed)? And yes - the exploding light bulb scared me :o and a little piece of hot glass did hit my arm and bring up a blister. Nothing serious but I hollered in surprise. I am wiping the bowls quite off to the side now.

Mpfand - does the Campfire Donut have a smoky note? I love bonfire scents.

Michele - I am thinking of you with all your beautifully organized wax!

Well last night we started with Fall scents and may I say, this is a great change: [smilie=th_excited-1]

Spotted Hog Upside-Down Cinnabun Whippet - cinnamon roll in vanilla frosting - there are not enough words. Simply decadent, rich, delicious. It was a slow build and by 30 minutes I thought I would keel over in happiness, super strong. Still going well this morning. These little Whippets - so light, how does Tarrah do it?? [smilie=th_allah] but they pack a punch. Exquisite. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Zeep Flat White - from the Coffee Sampler, espresso and vanilla cream. Excellent - this cured for three months and that seems to be the golden number for Zeep. Filled the house quickly and with the SH Cinnabun - it smells like a really, really good bakery/coffee house. [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Have a wonderful day!

Edited - forgot to tell you - I saw a sign at Tire Discounters yesterday - "It's back! Pumpkin Spice Oil!" [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

AmyJo, the Campfire Donut did have a smoky smell. It was absolutely wonderful blended with the donut. It cut the sweetness alot.

That sign at Tire Discounters [smilie=th_laughing] Guess they don't want to be left out of the pumpkin spice craze. [smilie=th_giggle]

Melting Apple Orchard from Sonoma.

Have a great day, everyone! [smilie=th_snoopy]

Hello girls!

Just popping in for a quick hello. Will post more later. DD#2 left yesterday, and all of a sudden, we are in the midst of possibly adding to our family kitten-wise. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

ST The Great Pumpkin

Homemade Nag Champa and Early Grey & Apple

Burning PL Maple Walnut

Hope you’re all doing well!