The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

Try to Remember the Scents of September

Good Morning!

Amy...glad you are ok although I hope your DH gets everything balanced out soon! ????????

Felt like some coffee scents this morning...

Coconut Brûlée by 1803

Have a good day! :)

We're back! Had a wonderful time and DD got engaged so very exciting/emotional time.

Honeybear, I hope you'll be able to see your DD's again soon! [smilie=yes]

Susan, I hope you get a break from work soon. :wacko:

AmyJo, way to go! ;)

Michele, those baskets are just beautiful and perfect for wax storage! I actually have them saved in my cart. [smilie=th_pardon]

Melting Apple Press from Scentsy.

Hi! [smilie=The_Hi]

Mpfand ~ How exciting! Congratulations to you all!

Maggie ~ That Coconut Brûlée sounds yummy. I wouldn’t have guessed it had coffee in it by the name. Gloria Jeans has a good coconut coffee that I used to get a lot. I don’t order anymore because the girls are not here much and DH doesn’t like all of my flavored coffees. He prefers to drink mud. [smilie=th_gagme]

Amy ~ Hope your DH gets back to normal. It’s no fun when a DH isn’t feeling well, and good for you on your pause. [smilie=th_happy096]

Michele ~ The meet up site helps you to find groups close to you. I checked it out a couple of months ago, but then deleted because I was getting too many emails. [smilie=th_hmph] I may just google book clubs and see what comes up. I have got to meet some friends here somehow. I may check into a bowling league. And I think about getting a part time job, but that won’t work because I wouldn’t want to work when the girls are here since our time is so precious, and I need to be free to go there whenever. (Headed there in a couple of weeks.) And underlying it all is the chronic pain day in and day out that has escalated so much since moving here. I really just feel lost.

Today I’m planning to pull out my pour pot. DD#2 is complaining she doesn’t have any Fall wax. lol

Scentsy Dark Harbor

HM Peach Marshmallow Vanilla Bean Noel

Burning YC A Calm and Quiet Place and GC Citron Eucalyptus

Hope you all enjoy your Sunday. I really do appreciate you all being here. [smilie=group_hug]

[smilie=th_CONGRA34] Mpfand!! :confettistars: What wonderful news!! :confettistars:

Honeybear...I'm so sad to hear that you are still experiencing that pain!! [smilie=th_bighug-1] I wish there was something that could help. I hope it will start to subside at some point or you find something that lessens it!

The Coconut Brulee is from their Essence of the Bean collection and it's on a different scent list than their regular fragrances so it's not confusing.

I didn't feel like cleaning the warmer bowls so I added some new wax to the coffee scents...

Family Gathering by STW...perfect for this rainy cold day!

mpfand! What exciting news!! Sounds like you approve! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Michele - we have not picked a book yet, we just met and then tried to figure out logistics of where and when we will meet. We all submitted a title and we are going to vote on the first couple.

Honeybear - we got together through the Nextdoor website. Do you use it in your area? It is great for finding things right in your area. :sHa_woot:

Today has been ST - Joker, which has some fruit punch and bubblegum if I remember right.

Good Monday Morning!

It's 60 degrees here and still raining! Ugh. The perfect day to pull out some Fall scents...I've got VCS on too Susan!

VCS Jackie O Visits Her Family...this one is from February so I'm sure it will do fine. I've got one from 2015 up at bat next.

Upstairs it's New Orleans Mardi Gras by Colonial Candle...love this!

Have a nice one. :)

Edit..the VCS is doing great! Love this blend!

Good morning ladies!

Mpfand - congratulations on the engagement of your daughter! [smilie=th_slider_congratulation How wonderful, how exciting!!

Honeybear, I'm sorry that you are having to deal with ongoing pain. Everything has to be tough when you're dealing with that. Sending you a big hug. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Susan - I hope you had some rest from your many work hours. Also I love anything with Cookie Monster from VCS!

Maggie, I think we sent you all that rain, isn't it amazing?! Ready to build an Ark. Good to hear the VCS is going strong!

Debra, that bubblegum scent sounds tasty - I never knew I would enjoy those until this summer.

Well I took a break from the melons and today it's:

Zeep Mr. Sandman - lavender, pink sugar and vanilla - I love this combination and it seems to be long-lasting.

VRC Lavender Honey Cake - a favorite of mine. I am running low on VRC. *must wait, must wait*

Have a good Monday all!

Hello!

Mpfand-Congratulations on your daughter’s engagement. How exciting!!

The weather here is rainy and 60 degrees. Just horrible!

Honeybear-I’m sorry you have to deal with daily pain and then missing your DD’s on top of that. Maybe you can join a bowling league. It’s a lot of fun and a way to meet new people. In the near future I might be spending more time in Ohio and like you will be thinking of ways to meet people. It’s hard just sitting in the apartment all day. How much can I shop? Really I need nothing. I am wearing a shirt today I forgot I bought that had the tags still on it.

AmyJo-I hope your DHi is feeling better today. I too love all VCS Cookie Monster blends. She has a Seasonsl Cookie Monster Sampler in her restock but I’m not looking.

Debra- I joined my local Nextdoor website recently but there was nothing for book clubs.

Susan and Maggie - I too am melting VCS today. It’s a sample in Axeman of New Orleans. Hope I can smell it because it hasn’t cured much.

Have a nice day all!

Michele - our book club started because a woman posted that she wanted to know if there were any book clubs around on Next Door - and she got a bunch of people saying "no, but if you find one, let me know!". I think over a dozen replied the same way so she held a meeting to start one! [smilie=yes]

It started raining here today also. I still had to water a group of zinnas that were wilting. I am not sure how that is possible! [smilie=th_pardon]

I am still melting The Joker from ST- I had quite a big bag and it is getting quite old, so I am going to focus on it right now.

Good Morning! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

I hope everyone in the path of that hurricane stays safe!

Michele...how'd your VCS do? I put on an oldie from 2015 which did very well! I know the spicy scents tend to do much better after time and this one did great. Very happy about that since I didn't have that luck with my fruity scents.

Amy...yes, still raining! Ugh. I don't see an end to it. :(

Well, it's still VCS Aunt Nellies Holiday Treat/Aunt Nellies Zucchini Supreme/Jackie O...it's still going so I'll leave it!

Have a nice day. :)

Hello everyone and good morning!

Well the rain has finally stopped here [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr but I'm sorry for those of you up East and certainly worried for those in the Carolinas. Very scary storm and I hope everybody can evacuate.

Day 11 of the wax pause and feeling good. I think I can relax a bit based on what's left and change the melters just twice a day instead of three times. [smilie=th_insane]

I want to say I'm sorry for so much enabling earlier this year - it may have made it tougher for people who were trying to stay on a ban and now I can see how temptation really isn't a good thing at those times. I think it was a good thing in the past where this forum used a separate section for Sales and the like...in the future I will use that![smilie=th_sorry_]

Well this morning it's:

OPT Peace in the Grass (from the Maggie collection) - fresh grass, spiced pear and buttercream - and this remains one of my very favorites.

and

Spotted Hog Fried Cinnamon Dumplings - a gift from a dear CF pal - I am so, so ready for Fall! This is scrumptious (and I did order from them...coming soon....)

Have a good Tuesday, all.

[smilie=th_Hello_]

Hope everyone stays safe in the storm!

Amy ~ You're sweet to apologize, but not necessary. We know you were just excited in your new hobby! [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Debra ~ I found a friend to have a private book club, so that’s a start! Going to check into the next door thing. Thanks!

Michele ~ Is there any end in sight for your DH in Ohio? I sure hope you have some endpoint to look forward to. I’m going to check online for bowling leagues. Thing is, I’m not very good any more. It’s been years! [smilie=th_fear8]

Thanks for the sympathy and hugs. [smilie=th_aa18] I finally heard back from the Homeowners’ Association guy last night. During the summer we received a notice in the mail saying since the neighborhood is almost completely built up, they’re re looking for a transition committee to take over the homeowners association. I am volunteering to see if it’s something I want to do. The first meeting is Tuesday night and I’m looking forward to it!

I opened up one of my Super Tarts boxes and the clamshells are getting eaten through from the wax so that’s what’s on deck today.

Cowardly ~ Biolage, cotton candy, vanilla bean, sparkling champagne, mixed melons

Scarecrow ~ Patchouli, sugar dusted wildberry moose, and sweet rain

How I Met Your Mother ~ Watermelon, sweet wine, and pomegranate

Toto ~ Shaving cream, Omen (ocean, apple, and vanilla bean noel), and Fierce

Have a nice day.

Honeybear, it always takes awhile to settle into a new area. Sounds like you're on your way to making friends and getting involved! [smilie=th_sml29]

Hope everyone is out of the path of this hurricane. Looks like a bad one. [smilie=th_sad-1]

Thanks for the congrats regarding DD. It's an exciting time. A bit nerve wracking, too, if I'm being honest.

Melting At The Fair from BH&G (spiced caramel corn and cider apple fritters). It's absolutely delicious.

I am glad you made a book club connection, honeybear. Funny - everytime I have mentioned it lately, no matter where I am, someone either belongs or wants to belong to one! Lots of readers out there! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Be-safe wishes to all the storm's path.

Tonight - Ava's Apple Patchouli.

Good morning everybody!

That storm heading for the Carolinas looks so scary - hope it decides suddenly to veer off course, but it isn't looking that way. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Honeybear, the Homeowner's Association sounds like a great way to meet new folks in your neighborhood - I hope that will be something fun and fulfilling to do! [smilie=th_cc15]

As the Summer scents are winding down, I've started slipping in a few Fall scents with the summery ones. So last night it was:

VCS A Royal Wedding - one of the last Blossom bars - apricot, marzipan - luscious.

Spotted Hog - Pumpkin Sugar and Spice - delicious, a gift from a sweet CF pal - thank you!

and this morning it's:

TBG Be You - rainbow of fruits - wonderful and also such a pretty multilayered clam.

TBG Charred Jack-O'-Lantern - with all its smoky mysteriousness, I adore this one. :toppoints:

Edited to add: Today two orders arrived :upssmiley1: - a large one from Spotted Hog (all sorts of lovely piggies / cookies / whippets) and a tiny one from OPT (goblins and pumpkins). Everything is exquisite - wonderful-smelling and lovely to behold. Even better, the SH is paraffin and doesn't need to cure! Bring on Fall!!

Have a fine Wednesday everyone!

Hello Everyone!

I haven’t posted in a couple of days since I have been super busy. I think I have finally gotten everything here back in order from the summer. It’s taking me awhile to adjust being here again.

I am happy to report that the wax organization is now complete. I had a perfect small cabinet in the basement I used to use in my dining room and put that in the kitchen as a plant stand. It matches perfectly. It has 4 drawers and I was able to empty some baskets from my closet. That’s the next project. Fall cleaning-i need to get rid of things I don't use in there.

Debra and Honeybear- I’m glad you found a book club. I’m curious to know the books you will be reading when you choose one.

Honeybear-the Honeowner’s Association is an excellent way to meet people in your community. I hope last night’s meeting went well. My DH will probably be out in Ohio at least 4 more years. I will have to make a decision probably in a year or two. The plan is to try to spend more time out there with him. I don’t know how much longer my DD will be here with me. She has a serious boyfriend and it depends upon her future plans. Once I am alone it makes no sense to stay. I might do a month there then a month here thing. Not. sure yet. I will keep my house.

Maggie-my VCS from the other day did great. It was a Fall scent and lasted all day.

AmyJo- my problem that I don’t seem to make a dent here is that I tend to keep the same scent all day. Only some days I switch the scent. I need to switch more often.

Mpfand-Congratulations again!! Planning a wedding is nerve wracking I’m sure. When are they thinking it will be? At least you are the mother of the bride and will have some input. I really wasn’t involved too much In planning my son’s wedding. I had a wonderful day of the wedding but was a bit frustrated in having nothing to say. When one of my DD’s gets married I am sure I will be more involved.

Scent yesterday was HM Blueberry Muffin Cream Pie from our talented friend. Wonderful!

Today it’s another VCS wonderful Cookie Monster blend-Cookie Monster’s Post.

Have a great day all!!

Good afternoon all, on my PM break and I am just giving a quick update -

First of all - Michele, your wax organization sounds perfect and if you're like me, it's a very calming thing to have it all in order and attractively stored like that. Great job!! [smilie=th_23_32_7]

I started melting the following and am in love: [smilie=th_LOVE]

Spotted Hog Banshee Bread Pudding - sweet corn, cream, sweet bread - this is excellent! I never realized I would love bakery scents so much - this is just amazing! [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Michele, sounds like a great set up for your wax! I'm not sure when the wedding will take place, but they both agree they want a small one.

AmyJo, I love Banshee Bread Pudding! I should place a SH order.....it's been awhile. ;)

Melting Happy Camper from Zeep.

Michele, doesn't it feel good to be organized? I keep hoping I will get a handle on all my waxies but it is a slow process, more keeps showing up! [smilie=th_paper-bag]

Honeybear, I hope the Home Owners Association is something you enjoy! It is a great way to meet neighbors! [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

Tonight is ST - Go to Sleep, a Lavender blend.

Some of the scents of September I remember melting recently [smilie=th_laughing]

FP Hot Apple Pie & Leaves

FP Caramel Cinnamon Swirl

FP Fun at the Fair

FP Buttercream Frosted Pumpkin Cookies

FP Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Vanilla Latte

Zeep Luke's Diner

1803 Perfect Pumpkin

1803 Cider Mill

1803 3 Crows Pumpkin Delivery

1803 Apple Butter House

1803 Kindred Spirit

1803 Cider Mill

VCS Riff Raff's Cozy Cocktail

VCS Sanderson Sisters

VCS Elm Street

TBG Charm & Ruin

TBG Hoarfrost Tonic

TBG Cemetery Keys

TBG Eye of Newt

TBG Mummy Mademoiselle

TBG Pagan Moon

CFTKR Autumn Morn

CFTKR Caramel Pumpkin Swirl

CFTKR Settlers Harvest Bread

CFTKR You Crack the Whip

RG Mulled Caramel Apple Cider

SGA Apple Baking Contest

SGA Fall Lane

SGA Dunkin' Donuts in My Latte

SGA Bonfire

Swan Creek Allspice Pumpkin Custard

Swan Creek Apples & Spice

Right now I have a tart from Blank Label melting... Cider Lane Oatmeal Spice Cookies... It's from 2016 ,,, my last one from this vendor. Not sure if she's still in business?

Good morning all,

Aria, you have been a busy bee and all of those Fall scents sound spectacular!

Mpfand, that Spotted Hog Banshee Bread Pudding is really a winner and it lasted for many hours. I am forcing myself to wait to order more.

Maggie, [smilie=th_wave] I hope your first days of teaching are going well!!

Well that TBG Charred Jack-O'Lantern is still going strong after two days. DH likes it so much he wants some to take to his studio. [smilie=th_200912104451]

Otherwise this morning we are back to the high seas:

Southbound Seaside Serenade - SSA, ocean sands, beach grass - love, love, love!

Golden Willow Siren's Song - Geranium, SSA, Sea Mint, White Cedar - have I mentioned how much I love GWW blends?! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Updated at lunch - have added near my desk:

SH Mini Cinna-Bun - oh, my goodness. I have died and gone to bakery heaven. There must be calories involved in smelling all of this lusciousness.

Enjoy your Thursdays!

Hi there.

Michele ~ Your stash organization sounds like it’s coming along nicely. I’m doing some reorganizing myself. Last night I moved all the fragrance oil over from the desk area to the corner in the kitchen where I’m going to make tarts. This afternoon when I get back from Costco, I’m pulling out my pot. [smilie=yes]

The book my friend and I are going to read is called Tiny Beautiful Things. I’ve been hearing fantastic things about it and bought a copy for myself and for one of my best and oldest friends back in Albuquerque. We’ve been friends since seventh grade when my family moved from Chicago to New Mexico.

Sounds like you have a good plan in mind for the next several years. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Amy ~ I never did get my hands on any of that charred jack-o’-lantern blend. [smilie=th_sad2hz1] I might have to take a peek on her site.

Aria ~ I think Blank Label is still in business. I haven’t ordered in a long time because her prices kept increasing by weird amounts and inconsistently. Besides, I have tons of her wax.

ST ~ Tin Man ~ Pink sugar, lavender cream and stainless steel

ST ~ Oz: Ginger ale, Key Lime Custard and birthday cake bites

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Aria, you've been melting a lot! [smilie=th_23_32_7]

Busy day. Time to relax with DH and a movie. Anyone buy any pumpkin treats yet? I bought some pumpkin hard cider today so I'm going to have one with my popcorn during the movie.

Melting Brandied Pear from Fox Willow.

Hello All!

Been busy as a bee and finally got a chance to post although it is after midnight.

Amy...I ❤️Spotted Hog sooo much!! Glad you're loving your new delivery!

Michele... [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr Yay!! Glad you got all your waxies organized! That's a great feeling!

Aria...wow!! You are a melting whirlwind!! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] Lots of good scents!

Mpfand...the only pumpkin treat I've purchased yet this year is yogurt! Lovin the pumpkin! ????

Honeybear...yay for making tarts!! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

Debra...lol...I wonder how more waxies keep showing up at your house? It's certainly a mystery! [smilie=th_giggle]

It's Ramble On Wax in Let It Bleed

And upstairs it's VRC Spiced Orange Patchouli...❤️

In the Workshop it's a homemade Apple Pumpkin Strudel from a sweet CF pal..thanks...amazing!

Yesterday was Crisp Autumn Leaves by The Country Scent Shack

Goodnight all.