The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

Try to Remember the Scents of September

Hello!

Debra and Amy...I bet the hotels are grateful for the wonderful smells!! :)

Michele...what does that Black Cat smell like? Such a cute name!

It's Jack the Clipoer by SGA today. Smells great.

Have a good one.

Good evening ladies!

I'm HOME and so glad to be back. DH and the furry crew seem pleased too. ????????????

This morning the Salted Caramel seemed to have faded pretty much in the hotel room. I blasted the A/C and I think that helped.

Tonight I am melting

Southbound Pure Bliss - fig, green apple, and light woods. I adore this scent. Very strong and earthy.

Good night all, sleep well.

Amy, I'm sure housekeeping would appreciate a room that smelled like salted caramel! :D

DH and I went hiking this morning at Mt Charleston. Challenging hike, but it was worth it for the beautiful scenery. Came home and spent the afternoon in the pool!

Melting Leaves from B&BW.

Sounds like a lovely hike, mpfand! Sometimes it is hard to get out the door, but I am always so happy when I get the motivation to do it!

There is a big airshow here this weekend. I love it, but feel really bad for the birds and pets. [smilie=th_huganimal] So noisy!

Tonight - SGA - April Violets.

Hi All!

AmyJo-Glad you are back. I’m happy the Salted Caramel faded in the hotel room.

Mpfand-Sounds like a great hike.

Maggie-The Black Cat was Blackberry , Cider Lane and Marshmallow. It was a really great scent. I got it in the Favorites Sampler. Have a great night all!

I’m leaving for Ohio tomorrow.

Good night!

Hello everyone!

So good to be home. I must admit to being a bit tired. Thanks to all of the encouragement about the Salted Caramel saturation of the hotel room - so far I haven't heard anything but when I left it seemed pretty light.

Michele, safe travels! That Black Cat sounds tempting.

Maggie, I meant to say yesterday - you know I love SGA Jack the Clipper. He is always welcome around here.

Debra - you're so right - I love a good airshow but it's very upsetting for birds and pets so then I don't want them to do an airshow.

Susan, you were up awfully early. I love Leaves type.

Mpfand, that hike sounds like a great time - and the pool afterwards, even better!

Honeybear! Are you still in Albequerque?

Well, Debra, you asked about candy corn waxies, so melting now in its debut performance is:

Spotted Hog Candy Corn - it's wonderful. Strong and sweet and there's a creamy something going on in the background and ooooh.

Have a lovely evening all!

Hello Everyone !

Amy-Glad you are home. Hopefully you can rest this weekend.

Honeybear-Hope you are enjoying the time with your mom and girls!

Today is my Dad’s birthday. I celebrated with him before I left for Ohio.

Just set up my melter and am enjoying TBG Butter Bubbling Brew.

[smilie=th_hello]

Michele ~ Happy Birthday to your dad! And have fun with your DH. Don’t forget the wax!

Debra ~ There was a cool air show in Portland when we were there in 2001. Geez! That seems like a lifetime ago. [smilie=th_shocked_sick_big]

Yes, Amy, I’m still here. I fly out tomorrow night. I miss home with DH and the kitties. It’s been a busy week running all over. I feel like most of what I’ve been doing is driving, running DD#2 back and forth to school. LOL She’s so busy with work and school, I’ve hardly spent any time with her. DD#1 and I have been doing some shopping, and dinners out for Mom’s birthday. I need a vacation!

DD#1 and I went to Bath & Body Works today for a sale. Tonight she lit Cider Lane. Super strong! Last night it was Hot Cocoa and Cream, so yummy I had to buy one of those and a Marshmallow Fireside. Melting ST Linda.

Michele, happy birthday to your dad! Enjoy your time in Ohio. :)

Honeybear, sounds like a lot of fun, busy girl time. [smilie=th_yay]

Melting Apple Harvest from Fox Willow.

Have a good Saturday B)

Good evening ladies,

I hope everyone is well. The weather is picture perfect here!

Michele, Happy Birthday to your Dad and many more. How was that TBG Bubbling Butter Brew?

Honeybear, you have been meeting yourself coming and going! I'm glad you and DD#1 enjoyed Bath & Body Works. I know to stay away from there - too much temptation right now.

Today has been a Zeep Day and it's so worth the looooong cure wait because these are both spectacular - going strong for 12 hours now:

Zeep Strawberry Torte - from the Cupcake Sampler - and this is one of the most delicious strawberry cakes I've smelled.

Zeep Coconut Macchiato - from the Coffee Sampler - I would buy both of these samplers again. Delicious, creamy, long-lasting. Gorgeous!

I hope everyone sleeps well! [smilie=th_smiley-yawn]

Hello!

Michele...thanks for the scent description! It sounds nice! I hope you enjoy your trip and [smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d to your Dad.

Mpfand...that hike sounds wonderful! Glad you had fun! [smilie=yes]

Honeybear...safe travels home and [smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d to your Mom.

AmyJo...Glad you got home safely to your DH and furry babes! I agree that Zeep does great after a good cure!! :sHa_okay:

Susan...that Leaves scent is still one of my favs! :sHa_woot:

Debra...how'd the airshow go? I've never seen one...I've only experienced a flyover after an Annapolis graduation. :sFun_flight:

Tonight it's Strawberry Lemon Ice Box Cookies Waffle Cone Whipped Cream by Swanky...delicious.

Goodnight all.

Maggie, the airshow is pretty amazing if you are a fan of jets and noise! I went to the night show and there were fireworks attached to the planes, also attached to the parachute jumpers, so it was fun to watch. Today I watched them all fly above my house, kitties under the bed.

Honeybear - it may have been the same airshow - this one has been going since the 80's.

I did wax rearranging today. My closet looks so tidy! [smilie=th_shewiggle]

AmyJo, I hope you can relax for a few days now! I may have to try that Candy Corn scent. I just can not smell any of the ones I have tried.

Tonight it is Rocket's - Apple Pecan Banana Donuts.

Good Morning! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Wow Debra! That sounds amazing....never saw anything like that!! [smilie=th_1_bigone110] And isn't rearranging the wax inventory so fun??

Starting my morning off with homemade tarts from a sweet pal...

Absolutely Apple Funnel Cake

Absolutely Apple Sugar Cookies

Applesauce Cupcakes

Smells amazing! [smilie=th_teks0311]

Have a nice day! :)

Good morning ladies! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Nothing like an extra-long night's sleep...I am a new woman. Plus it is so crisp this morning...a huge moon last night...and our irises are blooming again!! They are a deep purple and just take my breath away.

Maggie, you are the early bird today! All those homemade fall scents sound amazing!

Debra, an airshow at night sounds gorgeous, despite the noise! BTW if you do decide to order that Candy Corn from Spotted Hog - which I highly recommend - the only format she currently seems to have it in is in a two-pack of ghosts, one Candy Corn and one Sin-o-Min (also excellent). That is what I ordered. It's in the "Tarts & Wax Melts" section, not the Bakery. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Well I have had a little burst *ahem* of ordering the last couple of days, after nearly a month of relative restraint. It started with the Southbound pre-order restock, which includes her gorgeous Christmas Sampler, and somehow more than a few of the bakery bags of shapes crept into my order. Then SEMO posted a new washboard shape complete with associated little waxies of BUBBLES, too adorable, and so a small order was placed there as well. Lastly, after avoiding Golden Willow for many weeks - Ale's scents are so unique and beautiful - I took a peek at her new fall scents and was quickly overcome, ordering a goodly number of scent shots. So waxie fever is alive and well here in Bethel, Ohio. I did manage to resist the VCS and VRC restocks, but they were near-misses as they both have lovely-sounding fall scents...tempting samplers...

As another pleasant surprise, Olde Primitive Treasures seems to have revived chunkies and create-your-own chunks! She had previously said that she was going almost exclusively back into candles (which also look beautiful, btw), but seems to have had a change of heart. You will recall that last year Maggie became our own personal celebrity with those CYO chunks....so hope springs anew...just saying, Maggie.... [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

After a long TAT, the Bathing Garden Apple Collection appeared in my mail yesterday and if it is possible, this set is the best yet. I love apple scents - Shannon blends so beautifully and there are all sorts of lovely combinations here. The Cardamom Apple Pie is so pretty and smells amazing...the Vanilla Dumpling Candy Apple is too adorable for words and smells so scrumptious...Golden Nectar...Apple Mint...I have died and gone to Apple heaven. Into the curing closet for two months it goes but ahhhhhh really something to look forward to. Actually with Christmas in there, this set is likely to make its first appearance in January.

Well yesterday's Zeep Strawberry Torte is still going strong in the living room after 24 hours and I can't bear to pour it out - so beautiful. However in other melters I have added:

CFTKR Autumn Walk - pine, cedar, golden aspen, berries, sage, clove - the sage was an alpha personality at first but it is settling down now and I can pick up the berries and woods. I have trouble with sage sometimes - I love the scent but it always kicks me into cooking mode and I think a chicken should be involved.

Well this was another War and Peace posting - see what a good night's sleep can do? :sFun_blahblah:

Have a restful Sunday everyone!

Amy, glad you got some good sleep! Your orders sound wonderful. ;)

Debra, I recently tidied up my wax, too. I discovered an empty drawer in our tv cabinet so I put all my fall wax in there. That sounds like a really neat air show! I've been to several, but never at night.

Melting Fall into Autumn from BH&G.

Good Morning!

It sounds like everyone has been busy getting their wax in order. I love being organized. It’s so much asker to see what we have and pick something to melt. I needed to do that desperately.

Amy-Glad to hear you got a good night’s sleep. Happy to see you with your long post. I actually look forward to it every morning. I will have to melt the Zeep Strawberry Torte when I’m back in NY. The only thing I melted from that Cupcake Sampler so far was wonderful. I love TBG. The Bubbling Butter Brew was excellent. Great throw and lasted forever. I brought a bunch from the Halloween Collection Sampler. The size of these are just perfect for DH’s apartment here. I ordered that Vanilla Dumpling Candy Apple too. It sounded wonderful.

Thank you everyone for all my dad’s birthday wishes.

I have been trying to stay off all the websites. Everything sounds so tempting. I have been really trying to stick to my ban with the exception of one small order at TBG for some apple and winter scents.

Amy-Your orders sound wonderful.

Honeybear-i went to Bath and Body Works too. I bought the Buy 3 Get 3 in some of the Fall Scents.

Enjoy the day all!!

Final day of the air show! I have had my fix, I will need to wait a year for another. [smilie=th_sad2hz1] They have an amazing fly-by - the Heritage Flight. It is a WWII fighter and a current modern-day military aircraft side by side. I was sitting in the Veteran's section and it got really quiet. I got goosebumps! Just as they were heading off, the sun broke through the cloudy sky with those sun rays you see in paintings. Magical! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Thank you for the SH info, AmyJo. I have been pretty good too - until the other day when I broke down and melted on of my last LPL tarts - Cold Ginger Ale. Wow, wow, wow. Since they are closed I had to go hunting...it is not an easy scent to find. So, we will see if what I found is a close match to this one.

mpfand - sounds like what I do! I find and open spot and the wax just moves right in! [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

Tonight it is Rocket's - it is a big bag of lavender and blue chunks, but it has lost it's label. :( I believe it has eucalyptus in it.

Debra, the air show sounds amazing and very moving.

It sounds like you found your ginger ale scent - but if it isn't what you were hoping, CFOW carries that scent as well. I had a sample of it and liked it.

Sleep tight all!