The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

August's Astounding Aromas

Thanks, Maggie and AmyJo! I almost weakened tonight. :blush: I need to quit snooping around at wax sites. Although...I do believe there is a Flower Finery restock around the corner.

Michele, I hope you enjoy the movie!

Aria, isn't it exciting and fun to see your pup after being away? They get so happy! [smilie=th_aa17]

Tonight it is FP - Lemon Lime.

Hey there everybody!

Melting a Fall scent from Swan Creek - Apple Spice. It's like to epitome of fall... baked apples and warm cinnamon. I adore these types of scents... so simple yet so perfect. I've put away much of my more summery scents in favor of apple, pumpkin, spicy, bakery and coffee scents. Couldn't wait any longer! I have a few left from last fall that will be great until my orders from Rosegirls and Rockets arrive.

Awww Aria....I know it's hard when they go off to school! I'm glad he's excited and ready...and that he's getting his tire soon! Lol Good luck to him! Sounds like you did lots of fun things! I'm sure Ozzy was VERY happy to see you! [smilie=th_huganimal]

Maggie, thank you. We are missing our "kiddos", but we will survive! Hope your DD's have a great year too! As for Ozzy, he truly lost his mind when he saw me! Not even kidding.

Aria-it’s very hard when they go off to college. I cried every time.

Michele, I tried very hard to hold it together but lost it as we were saying goodbye and hugging. Gonna miss seeing him every day. :(

Decided to submit my reply before I did something goofy and lost it! [smilie=th_thlaughter]

Amyjo, thanks I know it's a part of being a parent, letting go. After all I don't want him living in my basement in the future [smilie=th_slider_brent]

debra, it is nice to realize how much our pets really miss us! It's heartwarming [smilie=th_blij47-1] [smilie=th_00000020]

Aria, I hope your DS has a wonderful first year at college! My two stayed here for college so I haven't experienced the whole take your child to college thing, but I can imagine I'd be an absolute mess. [smilie=th_cry2yw3] What a mixture of emotions for both the parents and child!

Debra, stay strong, you can do It! ;) But if you cave just remember this is a judge free zone. [smilie=th_friends]

I was sorting through my wax collection with DD this morning and discovered a couple that were leaking and the plastic clamshell was actually getting soft and disintegrating. So.....melting one of those today; Cake Pop from Sonoma. Smells wonderful!

Have a great day [smilie=th_snoopy]

Tonight we're enjoying Colossal Pumpkin Lantern from TBG (Chocolate frosted brownies under a layer of vanilla cream pumpkin brulee). This is from last year's sampler and while I don't like chocolate scents, its not bad at all. Smells like it has a tiny bit of coconut maybe. I have a bunch of these little pumpkin melts left and can't remember why I didn't melt them last year. Am thinking of ordering a few clamshells and a scrub soon. Really enjoy TBG scrubs. Leaves the skin silky smooth!

Have a good night [smilie=th_offtobed] [smilie=th_offtobed] [smilie=th_offtobed]

I have hiccups! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon They have lasted all hour - it has been a long time since I last had these and I forgot how annoying they are!

Aria, I am not a fan of chocolate scents usually either. I am glad it seems to be working out for you! (I did have a Hot Chocolate scent that was yummy one time.)

Tonight is an oldie - Shays Scehts - Tea and Ginger.

Good Evening

Debra...oh no! An hour? Wow! I always get rid of them right away....I have a trick that works every time....can't stand hiccups!

Mpfand...I hate when the plastic leaks and disintegrates!! Hope it's not too many.

Tonight it's L3 Kerbside Violet Lush Type - Sweet Violet Grassy

Have a good night.

Hello ladies!

Home tonight. It will be good to see DH and the furry crew. There will be wax waiting for me - The Bathing Garden Halloween Collection. ????

Debra, an hour of hiccups sounds excruciating. I'm glad that ended!

Michele - I love that VCS Enchanting Prince.

Aria, agree, chocolate is not usually my favorite but that one sounds tempting.

Last night it was:

Scented Squirrel- Lovespell Serendipity, very beautiful and lots of throw.

Have a great day!

Hello All!

Glad you get to go home today Amy!! :)

Try to Relax by Golden Willow Wax

And Tropical Faerie Garden by TBG from a sweet CF pal...love it, thanks!

Have a good one. ;)

[smilie=th_Hello_]

Aria ~ Sending hugs! It’s not easy being away from our babies, even if they’re not babies anymore. [smilie=th_empathy]

AmyJo ~ Home sweet home! ???? Happy sniffing! [smilie=th_200912104451]

Debra ~ Hope you got over those hiccups! My sister had them recently for weeks! And once when we were teenagers, she had them a month. Stress and tension can cause all kinds of bizarre symptoms.

Maggie ~ Wish I had better luck with L3. After one not so good order, I never ordered again.

Mpfand ~ Disintegrating clamshells is always a good reason to melt something I’ve been hoarding. [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Michele ~ Iff those are my HM tarts you’re referring to by any chance, I’m glad you’re enjoying them. I finally ordered some more wax to play with. I still contemplate selling them, but my friend Dessa says she hardly ever gets to melt for fun anymore. That seems like a real bummer to me! Besides, as a vendor she could not post anymore on this forum, and I would never want to not be able to chat with all my buds here. [smilie=th_aa18]

BL Gingersnap Cookie Creme Brûlée

ST Nova Prime

Homemade Pineapple Sage and Green Tea Sugar Cookies

Have a good evening!

Good Friday Morning...raining! Blech.

Starting my day with VCS Breakfast At Tiffanys...a Almond croissant coffee blend...delicious and no problem with strength. :)

Oh dear Honeybear...I'm so surprised you had no luck with L3. I get a strong throw with her stuff. It's so weird how everyone has different experiences with different wax! It's actually kinda cool how that happens.

Have a good one! :)

Good Morning!

I am melting a coffee scent here this morning also. It’s Scented Squirrel Vanilla Chai Sugar Cookies from a lovely CF friend. I love coffee scents.

Maggie- How long has that VCS been curing? The ones I have melted have not been as strong as I would have liked. I went a bit crazy with her Fall scents. Her wax is so pretty!

Honeybear- I am referring to your HM melts. They are excellent. I am enjoying them very much. We would miss you here if you became a vendor. I never knew Dessa was on this board. How do you know her?

The weather isn’t very nice today. It’s supposed to rain for most of the day.

Have a good one everyone!!

Good morning everyone!

It is SO lovely to be home, I have no words. [smilie=th_yay]

Maggie and Honeybear, weighing in on the L3, for me those melts have been wonderful. I nearly lost my mind over a Spearmint variant a few weeks ago, it was so gorgeous. Our home is smaller, 1000 sq ft and no high ceilings, so I imagine that plays into it, even though the A/C can whisk everything around even in this smaller house. These air currents are full of mischief!! [smilie=th_pardon]

Michele, I agree, time is always a friend when it comes to VCS and Zeep. The longer the cure, the better, but less than a year according to Maggie. There were a few of the VCS this year that sent me scurrying, they were so strong (Violette!!), and a couple of others that I had to coax out of the bowl (Root Beer :angry: ). The scents are so lovely that I just want *more*!!!

And I couldn't agree more - Honeybear's melts are sooooo good. The Lily of the Valley just stops me in my tracks. I just want to sit in a blissed-out state.

Debra, on the hiccups - I remember a story where a young lady had them for many months?? I can't remember exactly how long but she was on TV asking for solutions. Some of them were hilarious. I really hate having them - they make me crabby.

Edited to add: this hiccup thing got me wondering what is everyone's go-to method for getting rid of them - so I posted the question down in Off Topic Rooms. [smilie=th_BringItOn]

Well, on the trip I melted about 28 oz of wax, so trying to keep up. I woke up really early today and reorganized all the stash. I had divided it by season and then subdivided by holidays, but then the vendors were combined and it was stressing me out. I decided to go back to tubs by vendor. I'm still melting through the summer scents and have pulled them out for the month of September. I was a bit surprised to see this morning that overall there is less than I thought. I guess I have been making a dent. That's good, because I have ordered more than a few Fall scents and some of it arrived yesterday. :upssmiley1: I think if I just keep playing with it I will be able to trick myself into thinking it's just a small amount. [smilie=th_200912104451]

One special thing yesterday - I have resisted buying pre-order bags of shapes from Southbound because, (1) it's yet another rabbit hole and (2) there is no guarantee that they WILL be shapes - they could be chunks or brittle, which is fine but then I don't want a whole bag of those types. I am most easily seduced by shapes - little pumpkins, squirrels, suns, smilies, trees. One day last week, out of the blue, Rachel posted a lone pre-order scent in the shapes, no mention of what color or type of shape, as usual, in an apple scent. OK, I thought, maybe this is a sign, I will just try it. They arrived within just a few days and I was brought to my knees - they are gorgeous, big autumn leaves in lovely fall colors. There is no way I can melt them; they already have their own display box. They could smell like anything at all, I don't care - they are beautiful and I am hooked by yet another lovely type of wax. :sSc_faint:

All right - so this morning it's:

Southbound Peppermint Marshmallow - peppermint, marshmallow and crème de menthe - truly the most lovely version of this scent I've tried, very strong.

Woofwicks Pineapple Birthday Cake Sugar Cookie Cornbread Vanilla Bean Caramel - a gift from a lovely CF friend, thank you!! - and I love this and it's making me hungry.

Have a fine Friday!!

Hi!

Michele...these VCS blossom squares are from March 5th of this year so they're about 6 months old.

Amy...Did I say that? Lolol..I can't remember but that probably sounds right. I'm gonna go check some older VCS to see if I have a clue. [smilie=th_LA839B1117] It may depend upon the scent...usually Fall/cinnamon type scents last longer for me. Hmmmm.....I think I have a lot of old Fall VCS but I'll see what I have in summer scents. I'm off to experiment!! [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Edit...My house smells like peanut butter ( [smilie=th_puke] ) and I don't know if my lovely almond coffee tart morphed into this or it's my DD's microwave popcorn. [smilie=th_popcorm1]

LOL Maggie, I remember this clearly for VCS... You said that after a year, they seemed to fade. I didn't mean that you said it for all wax. I noted it down and started melting my VCS so it wouldn't get old. ????????????

Oh...I believe you! I can't even remember what I did yesterday these days. I just want to experiment with my VCS wax to make sure I have any right to say such things! ;)

Lolo...don't know if that's a good idea, Amy!! [smilie=th_biqazm1]

Well, I looked through all of my summer tarts and I don't seem to have any older VCS left so I'll need to wait until I pull the Fall scents out to do my waxperiment. In the meantime, 6 months seems to be strong!

I switched up the warmers for the afternoon...I love coffee scents mostly just in the morning hours...

Now it's oldies from CFTKR in adorable cuttables...

Blackberry and Tangerine purple and white butterfly

Jelly Filled Twinkie in a chunkie pink heart

Have a nice one.

Melting a piece of a FP loaf in Apple Pie/Apple Butter/Cinnamon Graham Crackers...so fantastic

Honey bear, thanks for the hugs

We are supposed to go to my sisters house for a small gathering later today. Not sure I want to go. My sister can be a real pain in the you-know-what sometimes. She tends to avoid coming over our house, but wants us to always come over her house instead. It’s weird and I’ve dealt with it for years but getting a little fed up.

Melting a piece of a FP loaf in Apple Pie/Apple Butter/Cinnamon Graham Crackers...so fantastic

Honey bear, thanks for the hugs

We are supposed to go to my sisters house for a small gathering later today. Not sure I want to go. My sister can be a real pain in the you-know-what sometimes. She tends to avoid coming over our house, but wants us to always come over her house instead. It’s weird and I’ve dealt with it for years but getting a little fed up.

Your scent sounds delicious! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] I've known quite a few people like that...like to stay home rather than visit others. It can be aggravating. I hope whatever you decide, you end up having a nice relaxing day.

Good morning! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Aria ~ Your FP scent sounds scrumptious! When the temps go down, I plan to order. [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

I wonder if your sister is agoraphobic. If not, them maybe don’t go today. Maybe changing things up a bit will spark a good talk. Most importantly, be true to yourself and your feelings.

Michele ~ Dessa and I met on a candle making forum back in ‘11. I had already been playing with wax for years and she was just starting out, trying to find the perfect pumpkin. LOL Once she became a vendor, she couldn’t post in this forum anymore. Now we live 15 minutes apart, but don’t see each other much cuz she’s such a busy beaver.

HHS Jelly Bean ~ Had this cute Easter egg for years and finally broke down to melt it. [smilie=th_create]

BL Gingersnap Creme Brûlée again today. I really like her wax, but stopped ordering because her prices kept going up and were such weird amounts, and not consistently one price per ounce. So strange!

HM Apricot Vanilla Cake Batter

I’m trying a new scent the idea from Partylite today. It’s called Smart Blends and it looks like candy sprinkles, so probably would be dangerous to have around children. It’s essentially scented paper. This one is Apple Balsam and I actually like it in my closet. I think the warmer bowl has to be smaller though, because yesterday I tried it in my laundry room in a larger bowled warmer and it didn’t work so well.

One more day til DD#1’s visit! [smilie=th_aa20]

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Hi All!

Honeybear.- Enjoy DD’s visit! That’s funny that you and Dessa live so close to each other now.

Aria-I would love to get invited to certain other people’s homes sometimes. For some reason I’m always the one entertaining.

Maggie-curious for your VCS Waxperiment. We need to find the perfect curing time. I hope all my new VCS Fall Wax is ready to melt.

AmyJo-That was a lot of wax to melt in a few days. I’m lucky to melt 2-4 oz. a day. That’s why I never make a dent in my wax.

Melting some lovely gift wax today-Thank you!!

Maggie’s OPT Peace in the Grass

HM Mango Peach Salsa