The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

August's Astounding Aromas

BAN-BUSTING NEWS from The Enabling Department: [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

The Bathing Garden - new Apple Collection - full of tempting new scents, shapes, sugar scrubs...15% off this collection and any of the "Last Chance" items, code APPLE15 good for 3 days.

[smilie=th_cc24]

Good Afternoon!

Last day home for my girls. [smilie=th_smiley-crying] Heading back to college in the wee hours of the morning. At least they are suiting together so the unpacking shouldn't be too bad. I will miss them terribly. [smilie=th_sad-1] I am cooking a big Italian feast for dinner...homemade sauce with meatballs and sausage, ziti, garlic bread with cheese and something yummy for dessert...still have to figure that part out.

Amy...that TBG sale is calling my name but I'm trying not to listen. I love apple scents although I probably have a ton of them in my magic closet. If I debate long enough the sale will be over... [smilie=th_cha40]

Debra...how fun to go to a class reunion! And to find a fellow waxie? Yay! Good thinking to send a waxie care package...lol. And what are the odds of having a FP tart in your bag? Lololol! [smilie=th_cc15]

Mpfand...a homemade blueberry pie? That sounds delicious! Yummy! You are very kind to go visit to help with projects and cooking and cleaning...they are lucky to have you! [smilie=th_aa21]

Today it's SGA 13 Going on 30 downstairs

And L3 Avobath Rosemary Mint Pink Sugar Cotton Candy...a freebie and it smells WONDERFUL!

Have a good one.

I have not been brave enough to go look at TBG site. My weather will be cooler in a few days so there goes my willpower! ;)

Maggie - what a wonderful dinner! They may have second thoughts about leaving! [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

Tonight it is Me Time - Strawberry Pineapple Parfait.

Hello ladies and good morning,

Hope everyone is well and perhaps getting some cooler weather this week?

Maggie, your big Italian dinner sounds so lovely and I know the girls will miss being home, and that you will miss them. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] I hope all the last-minute preparations went well.

Also Maggie - I looked at Spotted Hog and they have some of the scents you mentioned - they have lots of adorable little goblins and bats and skulls and...I had to hightail it out of there. Next year....

Debra, you are wise - best not to look at TBG. [smilie=th_yeahthat]

I forgot to mention that we did bathe the beagles on Sunday. They are soft and lovely. It is raining and muddy outside so we shall see how long this lasts. For the moment, they are sweet-smelling.

Well this morning I've been enjoying Super Tart gifties from a sweet CF pal: [smilie=th_teks0311]

ST Immortal Child - Pink Sugar, Sweet Lavender Cream, Buttercream, Strawberry, White Birthday Cake - absolutely lovely, comforting, dreamy.

ST Beauty and the Beast - Blackberry, Lucky Charms - delicious!

Have a good Tuesday all!

Hi All!!

I’m trying not to look at TBG website. Sounds wonderful!

Melting SGA SSA Sunny Beaches Coconut Marshmallow.

Maggie-Hope all went well with the girls heading back to school. I used to HATE that day. It made me so sad. Now it’s like that everyday and I’m still not used to it.

Michele ~ I’m with you. Not used to this empty nester thing at all.

Maggie ~ Your dinner sounds wonderful. Sorry your summer with the girls came to an end. ????

Debra ~ You’re wise not to look at TBG. I did for a moment, then remembered how much wax I have. LOL

I actually started reorganizing my stash yesterday and found five drawers filled with my homemade tart singles. They are the last ones left after I make my small batches and give away all the others. ???? So most of these I have never melted. I had fun last night segregating them into groups and today these are on deck.

Caramelized Praline Latte

Caramelized Praline Mallow Zucchini Bread

Boo Berry Vanilla Pound Cake

Sensual Secrets

DH is still home and not feeling well. After him breaking out into a rash over most of his body Sunday, we realized he was having a reaction to the antibiotic and that had to be stopped. I think he was a little overly optimistic on Saturday when he wondered why they said older people can have a harder time recovering from wisdom teeth removal.

Have a good day. ????

Oh no Honeybear!! That's terrible after all the pain he's been through already!! I hope he is feeling better soon!!

The girls are off and the house is much quieter. I don't like it at all. Thank you all for your kindness. Dinner was nice and move in day went quick. Hopefully, they will be back for Labor Day before they are stuck up there for months.

Amy...I think you may love Spotted Hog! Lots of adorable shapes and strong scents!

Tonight has been Scentsationals Cucumber Melon

And upstairs Singing In the Rain from a sweet CF pal.

Have a good night. [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

I hope they are home before you know it, Maggie! Will you be back to school by then?

Honeybear - funny that you have a forgotten stash of the ones you made! After all that work! [smilie=th_shewiggle]

I peeked at TBG...but that was all! I have not weakened yet. [smilie=th_FULL_O17] I hope I can stay strong!

Tonight it is a B&BW candle that I need to use up - Tiki Beach.

Good afternoon ladies,

A hectic work day but I wanted to say [smilie=th_hello]

Honeybear - yikes, I hope your DH is feeling better! On the happier side, enjoy reorganizing your stash. You found five drawers of your homemade waxies! Your wax is so beautiful - that's like hidden treasure. [smilie=yes]

Ladies, I admire your strength. I'm back on my ban, but it was a blowout - not only did I order from TBG, but I *may* have picked up a few gorgeous Fall items from Spotted Hog (what an amazing assortment of waxies!!!) and Southbound. So I have crawled, with difficulty, back on the wagon. "Hi, I'm Amy...it's been one day since I've ordered any wax..." [smilie=bagover]

So this morning it's the last of the SGA Beach Night Sampler:

SGA Blackberry Beach Nights - just scrumptious. That was a fine sampler. I must admit to being relieved to see it end, however! [smilie=th_cha40]

Have a great day everyone.

Hello!

Debra...Thanks! I start back to work on the 6th. It will get busy for sure.

Amy...you are in good company here! That's for sure!! :)

It's Lemon Filled by LSC...finally finished off the bag. That feels good and it smells good too, ;)

Have a nice evening. :)

It is hard to see it getting darker earlier...I guess fall is on the way. I really don't like it when it is dark on the way to work, and dark when I drive home. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Maggie, I sure wish we knew when there would be a LSC opening. MIne are about gone. [smilie=th_smiley-crying]

AmyJo - I have been in your shoes before! The best laid plans...yadda, yadda, yadda. I can't tell you how many bans I have broken! :icon_redface:

Tonight it is Rocket's Chocolate Orchid.

Good morning dear ladies!

I hope everyone is well. It is 54 F this morning in SW Ohio and ahhhhhh this is so lovely. It's all I can do to keep melting summer scents. Apparently next week is high 80's again so I will have incentive.

Maggie and Debra, thank you for making me feel better about breaking my ban. It's nice to know I'm not alone in my errant ways. [smilie=th_ahaaha]

Tomorrow WoofWicks is releasing their Fall Sampler - ten pawprints of delicious scents - and it's safe to say that my ban is again in danger. Perhaps I should just say, I'm on a ban unless something wonderful comes up. [smilie=th_aa17]

Susan, I love Strawberry Rhubarb so much - that sounds delicious. Who is PI?

Honeybear - how is DH doing with his recovery from the wisdom teeth / reaction to the antibiotic? I hope he is feeling better.

Debra - is Miss Kit doing well now?

Yesterday I received a fabulous goodie box from a dear CF friend [smilie=thank_you] - and my sniffer has put in overtime going through it again and again:

Last night it was:

Spotted Hog Perfect Pumpkin Pie - I just cut a little piece to try - and ohhhh my goodness! [smilie=th_LOVE] - No wonder this vendor is known for her Fall scents!! My DH said, you need to order more of that! [smilie=th_laughing] This is good because as you may recall I made a big order on Tuesday... [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

And this morning it's:

Golden Willow Pink Sugar Beach Hair - [smilie=th_slider_flirt] - soooo wonderful - the pink sugar with the driftwood - ozone - water lily - sea air, just divine. I'm glad I saved half for another session.

Have a lovely day!

Hi Everyone!

No melting today as I’m heading down to the beach later for almost 2 weeks. Did melt the last of my SGA Everything But Her Kitchen Sink bag and sad to say didn’t get much scent. Then switched out to Coconut in the Kitchen from a Sampler and it was lovely.

Don’t feel bad AmyJo. I did say I was ordering from VSC but went a little overboard. I placed 3 orders. Fall scents are my weakness especially Pumpkin. My ban is in place until TBG Winter Collection.

Debra- I agree that Fall is on its way. The days are definitely getting shorter.

I’m itching to melt a Fall scent soon. Trying to hold out a bit longer.

Have a great day all!!

Hi Michele! Oh how lovely to be headed to the beach again!

I'm glad you found some beautiful fall scents from VCS. It is difficult to resist the fall offerings, isn't it? Everything sounds wonderful...I love the Autumn so much.

I agree with you... I'm committed to knocking out the rest of my summer stash before I start melting more than tidbits of Fall scents to try them out. Even this is tough but I keep reminding myself that we are still very much in the summer, and we should enjoy the moment!

Take care, enjoy the beach once you arrive! ????

It is cooler here also, and we had something wet dribble down from the sky for a few minutes. I seem to remember something called rain... [smilie=th_pardon]

I love the fall scents but I try to stall as long as possible, cuz that is the end of melting my other scents. I get a little tunnel vision. :blush:

Tonight it is another old vendor - Bella's - Tropical Sugar.

Good Evening All...and too funny Debra! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] We've had too much of that here!!

Amy...wow! I can't imagine ever using up all of a season of scents before moving on to the next season! Pretty amazing! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

And although I'm not Susan, I believe PI is Pure Integrity. Supposedly they have a Pumpkin Pie that is legend! ;)

Debra...I hear ya regarding LSC...if I didn't buy bags and loaves the last two times I ordered....I'd have next to nothing left. I hope she opens before October!

Michele...enjoy your time at the beach. We should have a nice weekend and next week should get into the 90's!

Today has been Zeep's Vesuvius...pineapple, mango, citrus and fresh greens. Just lovely!

And a homemade Grandmas Kitchen from a sweet pal in my workshop...thank you! :)

Have a nice night.

Good Evening!

Maggie - You are too funny. I was thinking too that I could never imagine finishing all a season of scents before starting the next.

Amy- I can’t believe you finished the Beach Nights Sampler. Wish I had made a dent in mine. Reading that gives me anxiety. My Sampler baskets are bottomless. I think I went a bit overboard. I envy you. I wish I could do that.

I have melted that PI Pumpkin Candle. It’s fabulous.

Debra-We have had so much rain this summer.

Maggie and Amy-Thanks regarding the beach. DH is heading down tomorrow. DD and I headed down tonight. She gets to work from home on Fridays. DH has another vacation week. Looking forward to it.

Have a Good Night All !!

Hello all!

Had a lovely brunch with the ladies from school. And now a quick stop in to post my scents before heading off to see an old friend.

It's Swanky's Jungle Juice Pineapple Cotton Candy..smells heavenly. [smilie=cloud_9]

Have a great day.

[smilie=th_thsecret] Pssssttttt....Michele...I haven't made a dent in my SGA Beach Nights Sampler either. LOL

Hello all!

It's been a busy work day but I want to check in and say [smilie=th_Hello_] !

Debra, I'm glad you finally got some rain, and actually recognized it. [smilie=th_laughing]

Maggie, thanks for the info on Pure Integrity! *another vendor I shouldn't look at yet* I'm glad you got to have a friends brunch - life is so much richer with our friends.

Aw gee Michele and Maggie...I didn't want to cause anxiety over that sampler, I'm sorry...I was getting anxious just looking at it. That was a big sampler and it kept staring at me. Weren't there 15 or 20 of those moon cakes in there? It was a lot of gorgeous wax. Finally I just put it on a schedule and worked through it. This is what happens to me when I have ordered too much. It isn't as enjoyable or relaxed as I would like it to be. *will I ever learn....*

Speaking of schedule, my current effort is to get through the numerous VCS Blossom Bars I ordered in May. The good news is, they have cured beautifully and are just stunning! Last evening I started a Rose Bar in Mayfair (strawberry, orange, and cream) - and they outdid themselves with that one. So beautiful. [smilie=th_LOVE]

I'm working at the away office today but this morning I had started another VCS:

Queen Mary - driftwood, ozone, sea air, water lily - same as a couple of days ago - I love this one and as mentioned these Blossom Bars are on a schedule... [smilie=th_ee29]

Have a great day all -

Hi All!

I did type a post this morning but have no idea where it went. I finished the Cucumber Melon made by a sweet CF friend.

Changed it out to VCS The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. This is amazing! Kirby’s Wax is just beautiful.

Maggie - I’m glad I’m not the only one that hasn’t made a dent in that Sampler. Unfortunately it’s not the only SGA Sampler I haven’t made a dent in. I really need to stick to my ban. Those Samplers were huge. I have major anxiety over the number of moon cakes I need to melt. Hoping it gets easier as time goes on.

AmyJo-That’s a good idea to be on a schedule. I just seem to be melting all over the place so I never really see a dent. Hopefully by stopping incoming orders I will be able to do that.

Overnight melt is SEMO Pink Lingerie from a wonderful CF friend.

Good night!

I have to admit, I have a couple of SGA samplers that need melting... [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_fluc yet I look at the bags for sale at every opening.

Michele - have fun at the beach!

Tonight it is Cheryl's Lemon Blossom. [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

[smilie=th_bb20]

Got home last night and haven't even changed any warmers. :o I turned a couple on this morning and there's some scent, but I don't remember what it is. [smilie=th_pardon] Been busy catching up on things here. Just wanted to pop in and say Hi! All of your scents sound great! [smilie=yes]

Morn ladies. Melting today: Remote Island by CFOW.

Boyfriend & I went to a high school football game last night, we usually go to a couple of games. His nephew plays, they lost last night but I was a good game. Have a great Saturday.