The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

August's Astounding Aromas

You can do it, Michele! You can do it AmyJo! I get out my wax from the vendor that is having a sale and look through it - that makes it easier to not give in- I see how much I have!

Mpfand - they showed your thunderstorm on our news! That was some amazing lighting! There must be a lot of back up generators on the Strip! [smilie=th_insane]

I went to an out-of-town wedding yesterday for one of our Brunch Bunch. They had been together for 20 years, decided it was time...so of course we had to go celebrate that with them!

Miss Kit has rallied a bit - we were getting to the xrays to look for foreign bodies and she ate a few kitty treats. The problem is now - she is not very hungry and only wants the treats. Odd thing, something similar happened with another of our cats 2-3 months ago. She is just now eating a regular diet. Maybe a bug? [smilie=th_idontknow]

Today it is FP = Lavender Cranberry - it has been going all day!

Good morning ladies and Happy Monday to you,

Maggie, yes this is a work trip and happily a short one. [smilie=th_sml29] Lovely drive last evening, time for reflection, and a beautiful rainbow broke out which reminded me that we're not alone.

Also, Maggie, that Peach Mallow is a gorgeous one. And of course Peace in the Grass - DH's favorite. I gave him quite a bit of that one for his shop. He is melting, using the silicone cup method so no hot pouring or freezing for him. [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Debra, I'm relieved to hear that Miss Kit is at least eating her treats. Here's hoping that she will continue to get better and better. [smilie=th_smilies-2] Your brunch bunch wedding sounds so beautiful - 20 years of dating, yes it was probably time. [smilie=th_aa20]

Also, Debra, I LOVE your idea of pulling out your collection of a vendor who is posting a big sale!! Then you see what you already have - this is brilliant! Thank you! It seems so obvious but I surely haven't thought of that before! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Mpfand - wow, that storm sounds frightening. I can imagine that a dust storm is a whole different animal. That's a lot of cleanup, especially after your DH already worked on the yard the previous day. I'm glad that all of you and your home are ok!

Michele, as for Zeep curing time - I melted some tarts recently that were 2.5 months old and they were really strong, but I can remember last winter with Spiced Chai, it was more like 4 months. I had given up on it and came back casually to discover it had blossomed. I don't know if they all need the same amount of time. [smilie=th_confused3] I try to think of Zeep as a fine wine....not to be rushed.

Michele, I feel so much better having announced this ban and having you as a Ban Buddy. Just breaking the relentless peeking and ordering is a great relief. You all are so supportive and this helps a lot!! I can imagine there will be many temptations ahead but for now this feels great. [smilie=th_aa18]

I brought a bunch of Scented Squirrel with me and last night it was:

ScSq Toasted Marshmallow Strawberry Cupcake - dreamy!

ScSq Vanilla Sandalwood & Rosemary Mint- love this, slept with it on

ScSq Chakra - Amber, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Fresh Bamboo - one of my faves

And this morning it's

ScSq Mint Cubed - Peppermint Stick, Peppermint Fluff and Crème de Menthe - my Scented Squirrel go-to scent. Beautiful. All of these have lots of throw, about a month's cure.

Have a great day everyone,

Amy

[smilie=th_hello] and Good Morning!

Debra...Congrats to your Brunch Bunch Friend!! [smilie=th_0b464f69745090d9d8a0f And I'm glad to hear Miss Kit seems to be feeling a little better...I hope she continues to improve and eat! ????

Amy...That drive sounds lovely...I also love seeing a rainbow!???? Glad to hear your DH is enjoying his warmer. I placed an order for that automatic turn off warmer for my workshop. Very excited...it has arrived but the rain is coming down in buckets so I'll wait to trek out to the mailbox. I think I'll get a silicone cup for it...I still can't believe that those plastic looking things can withstand heat...????

The Coconut Pear from yesterday did nothing. It may have just been too old...some wax lasts, some just doesn't. :(

Today is Ramble On in Strawberry Fields Forever. I'm not always a big strawberry fan but this is delicious. [smilie=th_LOVE] Hope it throws.

Have a good day. ;)

Well, I set up my automatic turn off warmer and it's melting Napoleon Dynamite by Melted Confections...great scent. I want to keep an eye out to make sure it does turn off after 8 hours. Using a ceramic bowl I found which fits perfectly. ????????

Good evening all,

A fine work day and winding down now. Heading home after work tomorrow.

Maggie - I'm so glad your warmer on the timer is working out. Also I love the name Napoleon Dynamite. [smilie=th_laughing]

Debra - how is Miss Kit?

Continuing to melt my Scented Squirrel traveling buddies (they were so excited, it was really difficult containing them in the car [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon) and tonight it's:

ScSq Dusk - Baby Powder, Twilight Type (lavender, ylang-ylang, Tonka) and I didn't expect to totally love this one. It's really beautiful. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Have a lovely night all,

Amy

I love that movie Napoleon Dynamite. :D

Kitchen is cleaned up after dinner and lunches made for tomorrow. Time to relax with a glass of wine and some dark chocolate. Melting Lavendar Coconut Milk from Zeep. Perfect scent for relaxing. [smilie=cloud_9]

Have a good evening. [smilie=th_wave]

AmyJo - Miss Kit is about the same...acting completely normal, but only eating a couple handfuls of treats each day. I think her taster is broken. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Maggie, I hope you enjoy the timer melter. I have loved just having timers. They come on just before I get home in the evening so I open the door to scent. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

mpfand - your evening sounds lovely!

Tonight is CYS - Pink Champagne.

Good Morning!

Maggie and Debra-Those timed melters sound nice.

Mpfand-those must have been some storms. Glad you are safe.

AmyJo-Glad your road trip went well and you are relaxing with some great scents.

The morning melt here is SGA The Pretzel Bakery. It’s starting off really strong. Yesterday I melted SGA Strawberry and Cream In The Kitchen from the Sampler.

Have a nice day everyone!

Morning, everyone! Coming back from a crazy couple of days- it's like our family can't get a break, lol! I guess we were due since we haven't had any illnesses in awhile. In the past two weeks we had tonsillitis, a stomach virus, an eye infection, head lice, and then on Sunday my five year accidentally swallowed two quarters and had to have an endoscopy performed at the hospital yesterday to remove it- oy vay! th_th1ptgno.gifth_cha40.gif

Today is also my DS3's first day of preschool. He is three and is only going twice a week. It was such mixed emotions of being really excited to have two days a week where I can workout and get errands done on my own, but also missing him and worried if he's having an okay day. th_smiley-crying.gif

Maggie and Debra, I should get a timed melter! Sounds perfect. wub.gif

Mpfand, glad you are safe from the storms! yes.gif

AmyJo, sounds like a fun road trip! Glad you're home safe! yes.gif

Candlelove, that SGA strawberry blend sounds divine. th_smilies-2.gif

Today I'm melting Animal Crackers/ Vanilla Bean Noel from CFOW. th_snoopy.gif

Hello dear ladies,

I hope everybody is well!

Biolaeagles! [smilie=th_OMG] That is just too much hitting your family in such a short time. All you need is a plague of locusts! I hope everybody is feeling better, and yikes -- your five-year-old will have a good story to tell all his life about the quarters!! I remember when our son went to pre-school for three half-days a week and how much I worried. I hope your little boy will enjoy it! - my heart goes out to you, that's tough even though it's good. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Michele, I have a pretzel scent coming sometime soon (long TAT - I didn't order anything new, honest!!) and I can't wait with your lovely descriptions of the pretzel scents!

Debra, I continue to send you and Miss Kit good wishes, and that her appetite will pick up again.

Maggie and Debra, I've never tried a melter timer but it sounds like a great idea!

Well I finished off the last of the Scented Squirrel older samples this morning and it was a lovely one:

ScSq Polynesia - Lovespell and Bahama Fizz - I can't find the complete scent description but it was beautiful - fruity overall but the pineapple was subtle, unlike some of the tropical scents.

The ban is going much better than expected (Day 4, LOL [smilie=th_thank_you] ). I feel so much calmer without looking at all the websites. Instead, I took pictures of all my stash, by vendor, and look at it instead. I'm plotting for the TBG and CFTKR big events and planning my budget.

I hope you all have a fine Tuesday!

Amy

Good afternoon everyone,

I have been gone so long and so good to see some of the same "faces". Currently have Salems Lot from Hourglass, BlackBerry plum pie...Mainstay, Apple Jack and Orange Peel from Front Porch. Looking around for some new places to shop, and knew I could always count on old friends. Have a fantastic day!

[smilie=The_Hi] Hi Cat! Good to see you! Lots of new vendors being discussed on the board lately!!

Greetings everyone!

Biolaeagles...oh my gosh....you've got so much going on right now. I hope everyone is doing better! When it rains, it pours! I'm sure your little guy will love preschool...most of them do! Try not to worry...which is easier said than done, I know. [smilie=yes]

Mpfand...I love Napoleon Dynamite too! That movie makes me laugh in every scene!!

Debra, Michele and Amy...Lovin the new warmer. I went downstairs at 10pm to make sure it turned off and it sure did. :sSig_cool2:

Congrats Amy!! Keep it up! :sHa_okay:

Today and last night...

Maine by the Scented Squirrel and

Olives & Avocados by Semo and

SSA Toasted Marshmallow Lavender by CFOW all from a sweet CF pal...thanks! :toppoints:

Tina by Melted Confections...another Napoleon Dynamite scent ❤️

Nox by Bento Wax

Blueberry Cheesecake by Nancys

Have a good day.

Good Evening!

Changed two melters but left the other ones going...enjoying the scents too much to change them. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

New scents are

Woofwicks SSA, Strawberry Frosting, Coconut Cream Pie and Funnel Cake

And OPT Let Freedom Ring

[smilie=th_goodnight]

Wowie, Cat! It has been awhile! Nice to see you! You have returned to enablers central! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Tonight I opened the back door and thought someone had gone crazy with the bathroom spray! [smilie=th_scratch] As I walked to the back of the house it got stronger and stronger...I was pretty sure a can exploded. Welp...it was my tart! In case you ever wondered what the scent combos are is those "remove the odor" sprays - this was Gain type with Lemongrass.

Biolaeagles - what a trying time you have had! The quarters must have been pretty scary!

Funny, Maggie - I tend to "check" my timers off and on to be sure they are still working. They have not let me down yet! :sHa_thumbgoodjob:

Good work, AmyJo! Those sales are sooo tempting! [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Good morning ladies!

Thank you for all the encouragement regarding the wax ban!! It really helps. [smilie=th_teks0311]

I'm so glad to be home, I'm practically in tears, and that was even a really good work trip. Turning into such a homebody. [smilie=th_cc1]

Debra - that's hilarious with the strong odor-remover scent [smilie=th_laughing] . Gain and lemongrass actually sounds pretty good, since I like both of those, but extra-strong, hmmmm. Is Miss Kit eating anything beyond her treats?

This morning I've gone back to my beach scents. I've been all wrapped up in thinking about Halloween and Winter collections and it occurred to me that I am not "in the moment." This is August and I think that means "summer!" So this morning it's:

Southbound Beach Bum (Melon, Citrus, Jasmine, Driftwood) - soooo gorgeous and really does smell like the breeze at Cape Hatteras. Extremely strong, should have used half the number of cubes. Excellent vendor, wonderful scents and consistently strong throws. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Have a lovely day everyone!

Good Morning!!

Welcome back Cat!!

Have CFOW Unicorn Party in the melters this morning. These were both samples. (Coconut Creme Fruit Loops Ice Cream Scoop Bread Marshmallow Fluff) The SGA Pretzel Bakery is now one of my favorites. It lasted all day super strong but evolved into just smelling the zucchini bread at the end. Loved it.

Good work AmyJo!!

Biolaeagles-Thiose quarters sound scary.

Maggie and Debra-I’m going to look for those warmers.

I’m going into Manhattan tonight to have dinner and to see Pretty Woman.

Have a great day all!

BREAKING NEWS from the Enabling Department: [smilie=th_200912104451]

CFOW - Wacky Wednesday Sale TODAY, Aug 15, until midnight PST, 25% off the entire order, code WACKY.

Vintage Chic - Restock TOMORROW, Aug 16, 10 AM CST. "Inspirations from the Past."

Zeep - Fall Collection comes out Aug 19, 12 pm CST. New scents and gorgeous new waxies with beautiful leaves and pumpkins, utter temptation.

Vintage Road - Fall Collection comes out Aug 24, time TBD

Scented Squirrel - Restock Sept 2, 8 PM EST, new fall blends and singles from the State Samplers.

The Bathing Garden - Winter Collection to be released mid-September.

CFTKR - Next restock is Nov 3.

Front Porch - ongoing new scents added every day. Adorable leaves, pumpkins, owls, new diffuser oils.

SEMO - new autumn scents added nearly every day, adorable pumpkins.

Woofwicks (Etsy) - new fall scents are on the site and continue to be added, cute pawprint shapes.

If you know of other restocks please add!

Dangerous for me to look at these for too long so [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_fluc

[smilie=th_cc24]

Good Morning!

Just placed an order over at Woofwicks....I am hopeless. [smilie=th_sign0164]

Amy....I really have to stick to a ban as well. In the summer when I'm not working, I really shouldn't be spending either. It's just not balancing out. [smilie=th_Whistle] I had the same thing happen with my Southbound. I have a lot of clams but I can only use one cube per melter or it's overpowering. Her stuff is STRONG!

Debra...too funny! I'm glad it was a scent you liked or it could have been bad! Hope Miss Kit is doing ok.

Michele...enjoy dinner and the play! Heard it was good!

Today it's SGA Sunset on the Beach- Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies, Vanilla Waffle Cone, Beachnight & Marshmallow

And TBG Mandarin Blossom from a dear CF pal...amazing! Thanks!

Have a good one. :)

Good job resisting sales, AmyJo! [smilie=th_aa21]

Biolaeagles, that's a lot to get hit with all at once. [smilie=th_OMG] Glad your DS is ok....that would be a scary experience!

Michele, sounds like a fun evening out! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Good to see you, Cat! [smilie=The_Hi]

Hectic day getting stuff done so DH and I can leave tomorrow morning. We're headed to OR to see DH's parents.

Melting Coral Shores from ScentSationals.

mpfand - sometime when you are heading out here to the coast we will have to connect!

We have a lot of forest fire smoke/haze in the air. There are poor air quality reports and the news suggested a couple of things you should do to keep air cleaner inside right now.

1. Don't burn candles. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

2. Don't vacuum. [smilie=th_sSig_what] Finally! A reason I should not clean the house!

AmyJo - what a list. Reading this while I try to cut back on ordering is similar to me reading cookbooks when I am dieting!

Tonight - Lilac Scentsations - Red Maple Leaf.

Good morning all!

It continues to rain here in SW Ohio, which is lovely and making for cool mornings. The grass is noticeably higher every day, but more importantly, the 10 little red twig dogwood bushes that we planted last year are growing by leaps and bounds. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Maggie, I can hardly restrain myself from also ordering more from Woofwicks. Still can't believe that her little pawprints are actually small chunkies. And her colors!....best I stay away, for the moment.

Debra, you are so right about reading about sales when trying to stay on a ban! - but it's still fun to see what's new...to a point. [smilie=th_th1ptgno] I'm sorry about the smoky air in your part of the country. "Don't vacuum" wouldn't upset me too much, though, either. [smilie=yes]

Susan - I see lots of scents with that "at Tiffany's" or "by Tiffany's" - what does it mean, do you know? It sounds elegant, in any case!

Mpfand - I hope you have a wonderful trip to OR!

Michele - how was Pretty Woman? Details please!

Well last night and today, it's The Bathing Garden: [smilie=th_smilies-2]

TBG Cola Cake - chocolate cake with cola - normally I'm not a big chocolate scent fan, but with the cola it was fabulous. I left it on in the bedroom all night. Luscious.

TBG Watermelon Strawberry Cake - in all the melters this morning - has to be an all-time favorite. Making me hungry. I love watermelon scent and this pairing with the strawberry and cake is just perfect. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] Beautiful throw.

Have a fine day, all. [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

Man, I forgot how much of a bad influence this forum can be! Lol!

Already been to several new to me vendors...dang it! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Today is a beachy day! First day of school. Only one left and it's her freshman year. So I have Stay classy Beaches, Hourglass.

Bh&g Sea Spray Linen.

Hope all of you have a fantastic night! [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Hello! [smilie=th_e16]

Mpfand...Safe travels to Oregon! That must take a while!

Debra...oh no! That sounds scary...I can't even imagine it. Be careful!

Amy...yes, I told Amber that you were my reason for ordering! LOL She seems like a sweetheart and my order is in the mail already! Super excited. [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

It's Semo's Pink Lingerie from a sweet CF pal...thanks. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

And downstairs it's SGA's Pink Sugar Beach Night Birthday Marshmallow

And Wonderberry's Her Shaving Cream