The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

August's Astounding Aromas

Saag Sisters! I like it, AmyJo! [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

This is our 23rd day this summer in the 90's...this is not the weather we are used to at all! [smilie=th_confused3] I have one kitty with no appetite - hope it is the heat, not something else to worry about. I do that worrying business really well. Really good? Both sound odd right now, LOL!

This heat, and now unusual-for-us-humidity is making me chase my scents around the house again. I have melted several things that I have not been able to smell this evening. Now it is Tea Time - Lavender Mint Dreams, another one I still have to chase!

Good morning everyone!

Extremely humid, steamy is the word, :sFun_hot: although the temps are much less than is normal for August in Ohio.

Last night I had such a happy surprise - DH asked if I would put together a little "wax starter kit" for his shop. [smilie=th_sSig_what] He repairs musical instruments and has a studio. Are you kidding?! What fun! [smilie=th_smilies-2] His studio has really high ceilings plus he has an a/c in the window, so I think the airflow is going to be challenging. I put together some things I think will throw really well for him. He is a big fan of apple, fruit, and coffee scents, and I just *happen* to have a few of those.

So he got:

Zeep Sunday Morning (espresso and cinnamon rolls) and Hazelnut, two from the Coffee Sampler

FP Mac Apple

Southbound Americana (apple fritters)

Bathing Garden Blackberry Jam & Lemon Curd

Southbound Stars & Stripes (strawberry & mint)

VRC Queen of Hearts (strawberry blend, we'll see about the throw in that room)

CFTKR Apple Cinnamon (sample we received yesterday, ooooh)

and

OPT Peace in the Grass (Maggie's!! Pear/Grass/Cream) which is probably his favorite of all.

OPT Spiked Citrus (also from the Maggie Collection, grapefruit, SSA)

There were a few other things but that should get him started. The warmer is one of the 25 W Glade type that I got at Michaels. He wanted a tea light but I suggested to start with this. His shop is crowded and the tea lights are easier to spill IMO, plus he has solvents and the open flame is not a good idea.

So I am delighted because he is enjoying this, and also because *he has been assimilated.* [smilie=th_Kusje-1] If he wants to order as much as I do, we will have to retire in a little rowboat.

Debra, you were soooo right about the softer waxes not cooperating with the ice cube method, which I use for the tealights. The wax in point was from GWW and is soft like VRC. It sat all night with the ice cubes and smiled happily at me this morning, nope, I'm happy and [smilie=th_cc1] . Only hot pour for those types! It works so very well for most of the other waxes - love it.

Debra, also I hope your kitty with no appetite eats something soon. I think it's this heat and humidity - even the beagles aren't eating much and normally they inhale anything remotely resembling food.

Speaking of GWW, I have an order from them which seems to have gone off into the ether..it left its Oregon post office two days ago and no update since then. I'm thinking maybe with all the thunderstorms across the country, some flights were delayed...anyway I hope it reappears, because I certainly have absolutely nothing else to melt. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

So this morning it's:

Zeep Brulee Brew, from the utterly exquisite Coffee Sampler - the creamy, carmelized gorgeousness of this one! The throw, within one minute of being put into the melter! - ohhhhhhh divine.

and

CFTKR Bonnie Blue Cookies - a delicious blueberry cookie - this vendor is out of this world! And no curing time!

Have a lovely Thursday, all!

Amy

Good Morning :)

Aria...hope Ozzy is doing ok. My Daisy used to get very sick after her shots. The vet would have me give her baby aspirin. [smilie=th_huganimal]

Debra...hope everyone in your house is feeling better! I hear ya on the humidity...yuck. We've been having fast moving thunderstorms, which is unusual for us, but it's not breaking the humidity. :(. Hope your kitties are ok.

Amy...glad you are enjoying your newest loot. I'm looking forward to mine too. [smilie=th_ecd36868] I haven't ordered from CFTKR since 2014! The DH loving waxies is amazing...so jealous...wish mine would...or at least stop making the "good smell" MANDATORY! [smilie=th_giggle]

Michele...how are you liking the pretzel scents? I'm still on the fence about them. [smilie=th_idontknow]

This morning it's the power of suggestion...Zeeps in the warmers...Beachbound....smells like the beach. [smilie=th_00000020] I usually use 2 cubes per warmer but decided to start slow and glad I did...one cube per warmer is strong!!

Have a good one. ;)

Good morning! [smilie=The_Hi]

Aria, we won't be getting a puppy. I hope Ozzy is doing well after his shot. I imagine it's similar to taking your baby for shots. :(

Debra, sorry to hear about the stomach bug stopping by your house. [smilie=th_baaaaa] Hope you're all feeling much better!

AmyJo, that's so cute your DH wants to melt at work. ;) My DH used to have a warmer at work until the "no scent" rule was enforced. [smilie=th_sign0164]

Melting Pineapple Sorbet from Scentsy.

AmyJo-I can’t believe your husband wants to melt at work. You are lucky your DH loves this hobby. My DH doesn’t mind it but says im choking on wax. He says I can’t ever melt all of it in this lifetime. He’s probably right. Hope your GWW Order shows up.

Maggie-Enjoy your CFTKR order. I haven’t ordered from there even longer than 2014 and I still have loads. I need to bring some upstairs to melt.

I am really enjoying the pretzel scents. I never thought I would because I am not a big fan of pretzels to eat.

Melting SGA Jely Donut Cookie Monster Blueberry Beach Nights.

Michele ~ I guess I’m like you now. I can’t see how to use the cute emoticons anymore on my new IPad. Just last week I could. Boo!

I’m also like you in that I don’t think I would ever be able to melt all of my wax in this lifetime. My DH loves it though. He tells me I need more. LOL I tell him he’s delusional. During our crazy four-year relocation, I had him all set up with warmers and candles all throughout his apartments and he loved it, but now that we’re back together in one place, I’m the only one that changes anything out, and I like it that way. LOL

ST Linda

ST Beauty and the Beast

HHS Country Clothesline

I’m going to get my hair done this afternoon. I need a little pick me up.

Hope you all are having a good week.

Good Evening All...

Michele and Honeybear...I know it would take me quite some time to melt all that I have...if I could just stop ordering for a year...I might see some depletion. [smilie=th_anyminute]

I absolutely love my new CFTKR order...melting Marshmallow Filled Birthday Cake Zucchini...omg... [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

AmyJo - envious that DH likes the melting! I melt away from the area mine watches TV...fewer comments that way! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

I have not ventured into the world of pretzels. [smilie=th_pardon] I don't care for the bread scents so I am a little afraid!

Well, the kitty had a vet visit this evening. She threw up 4 times and still won't eat. Waiting to see how she does with her anti-nausea meds and her Pepcid! Hopefully this will take care of things and she didn't eat something like a rubber band causing fits.

Tonight is LSC - Tuscan Herbs. Wowie, it is a strong one. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Good afternoon ladies, [smilie=th_smiley-yawn]

Struggling to stay awake today. Clemmie the cat has been kneading my neck with her tiny sharp toenails while I am trying to sleep at night. I am not a fan. I told her we would have Pest Control come if she doesn't stop.

Debra, I'm sorry that your kitty isn't feeling well or eating! Sending you both a big hug. [smilie=th_cuddle-1] I hope the medicine turns that around quickly and she starts feeling much better.

Honeybear, I hope you enjoyed your hair appointment! I am in need of a trim, or a new haircut, or a new head, one of the three.

Maggie, good to hear the Zeep Beachbound is nice and strong! I'm so pleased with this most recent order, same thing, good throw all around.

Michele, I agree with you - I wasn't sure about ordering a pretzel scent but I just love them! And I don't go out of my way to eat a pretzel either, although they taste fine, just not a huge favorite. The smell is another matter altogether!

Mpfand, I wondered about that - companies enforcing a "no scent" rule. Boooooooo!

My husband is all set up with his shop warmer. He only melted one little piece in two days, though...he says he forgets it's there. [smilie=th_anyminute] *tapping foot impatiently*

Well today is a SEMO day and the scent, the throw, the overall prettiness of these melts - love this vendor.

SEMO Country Club (Caramel Tobacco, Vanilla Sandalwood) - ohhhhh come to mama

SEMO Magic Batter (cake batter scent, made me hungry)

SEMO Lemon Lavender Marshmallow - that's one of the best lavender blends yet!

I am trying to do an expense report but it seems so difficult...must sleeeeeep...would anyone like a pesky cat?.....coffeeeeee

Oh no, Debra! I’m sorry one of your kitties isn’t feeling well! Hope she feels better soon!

Maggie ~ I got that one, too, in my order. It’s on deck for melting this weekend. Smells so yummy cold! ????

AmyJo ~ Sorry your kitty kept you up. We had a thunderstorm last night and Kitten insisted on being under the covers with us. It was quite a lightning show!

CFTKR Peach White Cake ~ Love ????

Countryside Lane Strawberry Cotton Candy Lime ~ a gift from a sweet friend ~ Thanks! ????

Miss Kit is still not eating...vet beginning to worry about her eating something that is not edible, plugging up the works. Tests tomorrow unless she eats by the morning.

AmyJo - those little needle claws hurt! <_ too bad it means they are content...not very comforting to us>

Tonight - SGA - Strawberry Shortcake.

Busy day...went to the beach with my girls and my brothers family and then went to a concert with my kids. A very enjoyable day! :)

Debra...oh no. I hope everything is ok with Miss Kit!! I do hope whatever it is, it is easily treatable!

Amy...ouch. I'm sure Clemmie kneading your neck is adorable without the pain. Do you know why she just started doing that lately?

Honeybear...yes, it is an amazing scent! Let us know what you think about it.

It's Scarlet Raine Blue Hawaiian upstairs

And downstairs it's GWW Beach Hair

Goodnight [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

AmyJo, hope you were able to get some sleep! [smilie=thzzz003]

Maggie, that sounds like a lovely day. :)

Debra, I hope your kitty is ok. [smilie=th_empathy]

Melting Peach a la Mode from Scentsy.

Have a great day, everyone. B)

Hi All!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday.

Melting CFOW Fresh Baked.Pretzel, Zucchini Bread, iced Lemon Cookies from the CFOW Pretzel Sampler. Smells good. I didn’t like the bread scents at first but then I loved them.

Debra-Hope your kitty feels better soon.

AmyJo-Hope you got a good niggt’s sleep last night.

Hi friends, we are recovering from housing a seven person family in our house these past few days, hah! They are good friends and we had a great time, just need to recoup from all the kids (8). th_cha40.gif

Debra, I hope your kitty feels better! yes.gif

AmyJo, I hope you got a good night's sleep! yes.gif

Maggie, sounds like such a nice day! wub.gif

Today I'm melting French Toast Egg Nog from SGA. th_th3de3a8c4.gif

Hi there. ????

Nice to see you, Biolaeagles. ????

Debra ~ I’m hoping kitty cat is doing better today. ????

LSC Spooktacular ~ Had to melt this as it was one of those that was seeping fragrance oil. Eek! Yummy Fall fragrance ????????

Waxincredibles Lemon Sugar Cookie Crunch

Scentsy Dark Harbor

Burning Gold Canyon Pomegranate

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Hello ladies and good evening!

Debra, I'm sorry to hear Miss Kit is having a tough time. I hope that things will turn around soon. Sending you big hugs. ((((((Debra and Miss Kit))))))) [smilie=th_catkiss]

Maggie, that sounds like a fine day with family! Thanks for asking about Clemmie - she has always been a kneader, but the nails are something new! Ouch, ouch! Last night I was not so welcoming to her and it was a bit better, but she sneaks up and does this while I'm asleep. We may have to close the door tonight. I know this is supposed to be a compliment but gee whiz. [smilie=th_smiley-yawn]

Michele, you have me seriously drooling over that CFOW pretzel sampler. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] Trying very hard not to order right now... [smilie=th_cry2yw3]

Biolaeagles, I give you so much credit - seven guests in the house would put me six feet under. You are so generous!

Honeybear, good that you caught the one seeping fragrance oil! [smilie=th_sad-1]

Mpfand, that Peach a la Mode would go down nicely right now!

I am on a wax lockdown. I weighed all my wax and there is a goodly amount here. All of the boxes have beautiful wax in them and there is no need to keep adding more. The plan is to hold off ordering until the end of the year EXCEPT for two very important events: The Bathing Garden Winter Collection and the next CFTKR Restock. I am completely smitten with both of these vendors. To do this, I have taken all of my wax vendor shortcuts off my phone. [smilie=th_sSig_what] -- except for TBG and CFTKR so I can keep an eye on those. I am telling you this so that it will be embarrassing if I break the ban. This is my story, painful through it is, and I'm sticking with it. [smilie=th_lol22]

But fear not - I will do my best to provide Enabling Updates because this is my sworn duty! [smilie=th_200912104451]

Forgot to say what I was melting.

It's The Bathing Garden (but of course!) Sleepy - pink sugar, peppermint and vanilla - and it's gorgeous and almost too strong but I will manage somehow. ????

OK I am off to bed. It's a good thing I love this cat.

Have a good night all!

Hello!

AmyJo-I was seriously thinking the same thing about the wax ban. I do have a sizable list for the VCS restock on Thursday. That will be my last order for awhile. I even put into my phone on Feb.16 that the 6 month ban is over. I seriously don’t know where I’m going to put all the wax I have had shipped here. It’s makng me nervous. I have too much. I might break the ban for TBG Winter Collection as well. That’s it.

Maggie is right when when she said if she would stop ordering for a year she would see some depletion. I once stopped ordering for almost 2 years because my house was being renovated and I was made aware of how much wax I had. It needs to happen again. I’m going to shop through my wax. Lots of hidden treasures here.

AmyJo-If you can do it so can I. I’m really going to try.

That CFOW Pretzel Sampler is really good. I had a lot of compliments on my scent today. DS has his Villanova friends and their wives here for the weekend. It’s been going all day and stil as a hint of scent left.

Good Night All!!

Michele, good! We can help each other through this. We can be Ban Buddies. We each have our couple of designated events to look forward to, so it's not all total darkness.

And you're right about the hidden treasures. I keep reminding myself, didn't I love choosing each and every waxie in this collection? Aren't they gorgeous? Then why the continual need for more?

And it's not like the vendors are going to stop making waxies - lovely things will be there when we return. That will be a moment to be careful, so we don't just build it all up again! I'd like to maintain a steady amount of 1/3 to 1/2 of what I have now.

Ok, let's do this thing! We are strong!

Good morning ladies and Happy Sunday!

Well, the ban is off to a good start. ("Hi, I'm Amy. It's been two days since I ordered any wax.""Hi, Amy.")

Getting ready for a two-day road trip starting tonight. Figuring out which of this lovely wax would like to come along.

This morning it's The Scented Squirrel from my fellow Ohioan, Jess, up in Kent:

I Kent Feel My Face (Limoncello, Cotton Candy, SSA, Strawberry Margarita) - so luscious!

and

Denmark Delights (Lemon Curd, Danish Butter Cookies) - good enough to eat, wonderful throw.

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone. ????

Good Morning!

AmyJo-Ban Buddies for sure!! I would like to have an amount of wax that’s at least manageable. Right now it’s not.

Melting this morning it’s CFOW Summer Dayz from the Sampler Box. This is Iced Pineapple, Coconut Creme, and Ice Cold Lemonade.

Have a great Sunday all!!

Hello and happy Sunday!

Been a busy weekend...now back to chores around here. [smilie=th_gagme]

Good luck with your bans Michele and Amy!! And safe travels Amy! Heading out for work?

It's a Homemade Peach Mallow Birthday Cake from a sweet CF pal...love it! Thanks!

Peace in the Grass by OPT

Have a good one. ;)

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.

We had a horrible dust/thunderstorm blow through last night. Wind gusts were 70 mph. :o DS and I have spent the better part of the day cleaning the pool. Not complaining; there are storm shelters open for people who lost power and/or had damage to their property from fallen trees. :(

Good luck AmyJo and Michele! :sHa_woot:

Maggie, I know how you feel...I've been cleaning inside and outside all day. DH worked so hard getting the backyard cleaned up yesterday and then less than 12 hours later the storm came through. :mad:

Melting Bora Bora Blossom from Scentsy.

Good Evening!

Melting Zeep Push Pop. This is a very nice scent but I think it needs to cure longer. How long is the right amount of cure time for this vendor? These are almost 2 months old. I think AmyJo said about 2-3 months.

I really hope I can stick to this wax ban for awhile. I need to make a major dent in my stash.

Hello!

Michele...I recently melted a Zeep clam from April and it was strong! 4 months may be the magic number! Amy?

Mpfand...oh no! That's so aggravating! However, I'm glad you guys are ok...that must have been scary!

Tonight it's PFOP Coconut Pear

Goodnight