The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

August's Astounding Aromas

Happy August

After flipping my calendar to the new month this morning, I am feeling anxious. Almost every square has something written in it! Good grief. Thankful for a full life... don't think I'll be bored.

Earlier today, I melted 2 scents from my April order of Zeep melts. One was Hustle and Grace...an extremely lovely berry blend. The other was the infamous Push Pop...

Right now I have a powerful blend from Rockets melting... Blueberry Brown Sugar Cornbread... incredibly delicious. Almost forgot how much I have enjoyed the melts I've gotten from Rockets Candle Co. They just put me in a good mood every time! [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Off to bed soon. I've been getting up early to take DS#2 to band camp. [smilie=th_smiley-yawn] The fun continues next week when he has hockey intense power skating clinics in the morning and tennis practice in the evening. Luckily he can ride his bike to tennis lol.

Have a great night peeps. [smilie=thzzz003]

Great title Amy...thanks for helping out...I really need to get on the ball. [smilie=th_pardon]

Aria...good to see you! Wow...your DS sure is busy!! Lots happening in your world...all good things I hope! [smilie=th_blij81]

Melting an old rose loaf from CFOW that is in one of my favorite blends from her...Sugar Explosion... [smilie=cloud_9] I wonder if she still carries it.

Upstairs it's a homemade tart from a talented CF pal...Orange Patchouli... [smilie=th_LOVE] Thanks!

Have a good night. [smilie=thzzz003]

Good title-rescue, AmyJo!! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

It is cooling off a little here, finally - but hot again next week. I better do some ordering fast, LOL! [smilie=th_aa17]

Aria - it sounds like your summer is going to fly by!

Tonight is an old one from LOL - Tropical Pear. It is a yummy one, one of the many of hers that I miss.

Great title Amy!!

AmyJo-I ordered more Halloween scents from TBG. Really and truly done.

Maggie-That Sugar Explosion sounds like a great scent. What is it?

Aria-I feel anxious too when I have too much to do.

Overnight melt is SEMO Creamy Pear Cotton Candy. This is a beautiful scent. Thanks CF friend.

Good night all

Good morning ladies,

Up for an early call. Coffee is needed. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Thanks all on the title, glad that worked out in the clutch. I actually liked Michele's titles better.

Michele, now we have a bit of a wait for the Bathing Garden Halloween scents to ship...I can't wait. The pumpkin samples that Shannon sent in my first order are divine.

Maggie, I have a CFOW sample of that Sugar Explosion and I agree, it smells so yummy.

Debra, LOL, yes order quickly while it's cooler! [smilie=th_200912104451]

Aria, you're right about Hustle and Grace! - I have the Zeep lotion in that scent and love it. You and DS are going to be very busy!

This morning it's:

SEMO - the same scent Michele is melting! Creamy Pear Cotton Candy and this is so exquisite. I love Traci's blends.

and

L3 - a giftie from a sweet CF pal - with all the L3 talk lately I had to try this one - Salty Sea Air Pink Chiffon Sandalwood - and wow! I see why you all love this vendor - very strong and delicious. Beautiful blend and I do love all of these notes! [smilie=th_teks0311]

Tonight I have to head north for a one-night trip for work. I have gotten used to not traveling so I must get in the right mindset today. :sFun_crazypilot:

Have a good day all,

Amy

Good Morning!

AmyJo-Safe travels! That SEMO Creamy Pear Cotton Candy is beautiful. Aside from TBG order just placed I have ordered 3 Halloween Samplers. I can’t wait for these either as the scents all sound so unique and wonderful.

Melting the first from my CFOW Pretzel Sampler this morning-Fresh Baked Pretzel, Toasted Marshmallow Sugar Cookie Royale. I will repost back on this since it’s just getting started.

This didn’t disappoint. Great scent and nice throw.

Morn ladies. Melting today: Violet Lime by CYS

Debra the mancave was a sample from K's. I glad I tried it but wasn't for me. chocolate and leather seems kind of a weird combo, but other people might like it.

BREAKING NEWS from the Enabling Department: [smilie=th_200912104451]

Closet Full of Wax Restock - FRIDAY, August 3, already up! Many gorgeous new chunk blends including Bone Daddy (pretzel, pecan waffle, vanilla ice cream, OHHHHH). Also a new product, Swizzle Sticks (in the RTS section), perfect for breaking and blending.

CFTKR Restock - Saturday, August 4, 10 AM EST. Will be open for 300 orders. Cute shapes, pumpkins, ears of corn.

L3, thanks to Co-Enabler Debra, is having a week of Fifth Anniversary Specials. It looks like the 50% off RTS bundts is still going on.

[smilie=th_cc24]

Thank you for the description, Susan. I am not so sure it is my kind of scent, either! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

It is almost the weekend! I get to meet with my brunch group, I am looking forward to that! We have been meeting for about 3 years.

I see L3 is having a "specials' week" for their birthday. [smilie=th_slider_flirt] I would look further, but it could be dangerous for my credit card.

Tonight it is a YC that is pretty strong - Tahitian Nights. Also playing, S&S Birthday Cake which is also a strong one.

Good morning all!

I hope everybody is doing well!

Nice road trip yesterday. I brought a bunch of melts from The Scented Squirrel and The Bathing Garden with me and was cold sniffing in the car. I wonder what an officer would make of that if I ever get pulled over. [smilie=th_butbutbut]

Debra, your brunch bunch sounds like a lot of fun, good to see friends. [smilie=th_ahaaha]

Susan, the chocolate and leather, I don't know, but it sounds intriguing. :sCo_hmmthink:

Miss Maggie, I see that you have added a couple of wreaths on your Etsy site and they are very beautiful. *plotting for enclosed porch*

Michele, I think I'm as eager for your TBG Halloween samplers to arrive as you are! I will enjoy them vicariously. [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Well my Scented Squirrel order arrived yesterday :upssmiley1: and I'm tickled pink. Everything smells so good! And the cannabis/avobath scent that I ordered by accident [smilie=th_th1ptgno] is magnificent. It's a light green 3-D skull, 5 oz so large, and the scent is called "Chill." I liked the shape so much that I didn't pay too much attention to the scent and was worried it would smell...you know...But it doesn't, not a bit! Very lemongrassy and woody and lovely. I would order it again. Plus the mold was a good one - very smooth and pretty.

So this morning in the hotel room I melted:

The Scented Squirrel - Mint Cubed - peppermint, peppermint fluff, and crème de menthe. Gorgeous!

Have a lovely day everyone,

Amy

[smilie=th_326db8b3]

Debra ~ Enjoy brunch with your friends! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

AmyJo ~ I’m still debating that Bathing Garden order. [smilie=th_fear8]

Dessa’s Seaside Escape ~ Really pretty scent

VRC Sleepytime ~ No real throw here. Not having much luck with this vendor. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

ST Linda ~ Frosted cornbread, Pink Sugar, and cream soda ~ yummy

In honor of my Dad’s birthday, I’m burning his favorite Yankee candle...Citrus & Sage. He would have been 82 today. It isn’t really true that it gets easier with time, is it? I’ll never stop missing him.

Hi All!

AmyJo-glad you enjoyed your road trip and your smellies in the car. My TBG order shipped yesterday for the 3 Halloween Samplers. Can’t wait to try this vendor. Then I can anxiously await my next order from there for some Halloween/Fall scents.

Honeybear-TBG scents look wonderful don’t they? Sorry about your Dad. That ST Linda sounds wonderful. All ST I have melted so far had a very strong throw.

Debra- hope you enjoyed your brunch.

Melting CFOW Barbie in my bedroom. This one is strong and a nice scent. Also melted SGA Buttermint Candy. This one had no throw so switched it out to SGA Waive the Grain.

Have a great day ladies!

Good Evening All!

Honeybear... [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] no...I don't think it gets much easier either. That was one of my Moms favorite scents too. :wub:

I'm sorry you're having no luck with VRC...have they cured enough?

Michele...that Creamy Pear Cotton Candy sounds good. I may need to order some of that....although...I'm not supposed to! :blush: I don't remember what's in the Sugar Explosion and she doesn't carry it anymore but I bought it in a Rose loaf years ago and just finished it up...lol. It was sweet but not too sweet...yummy.

Debra...I hope you have a wonderful time with your friends!! Someone.... :ph34r: ..purchased too much over on L3....those giant bundts on sale did me in!! ;)

AmyJo...thanks! I hope to get some more up this weekend. Huffing and sniffing in the car? Nothing wrong with that!! :sHa_woot: Hope your trip went well!

It's been Birthday By the Sea by OPT downstairs

And upstairs Homemade Violet Leaf Sweet Grass from a lovely CF pal.... :sSig_GoodOne: Thanks!

Switching up the downstairs melters...

Blueberry Cobbler Zucchini Bread by The Country Scent Shack

Blueberry Cheese Danish by Country Lane Keepsakes

Cream Cheese Blueberry Cream Drizzle Bread Blueberry Noel by Sniff My Tarts

:flirtysmile4:

Debra, enjoy your brunch! [smilie=th_blij51]

Honeybear, hugs to you. [smilie=th_empathy] I love Sage & Citrus, too.

Still dog sitting. We take him to the dog park every evening and it wears him out!

Melting Nana's Banana Pudding from Front Porch.

Yep, AmyJo, explain THAT to the officer! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon They would probably haul you off one way or another, LOL!

Michele, how did you get away without ordering from TBG all these years? I thought we were better enablers than that! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] You have had great restraint! And Honeybear?? [smilie=th_smiley_aaeq]

Tonight it is Penn's Woods - Fruity Volcano.

Good morning all!!

Hooooome and so glad to be back. It was a great trip though, got a lot done and saw some friends.

Debra - I beg your pardon!! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] - "They would probably haul you off one way or another, LOL!"

Mpfand - that doggie will not want to go home! [smilie=th_huganimal] I bet he loves going to the dog park.

Maggie - I think you are on a blueberry bender. [smilie=th_LOVE] Looks like you can't get enough!

Ooooh, Michele, your TBG samplers are on the way! Can't wait to hear all about them! Isn't that a great moment when you get the shipping label...life's little pleasures!

Honeybear... [smilie=th_cuddle-1] a big hug...and a happy birthday to your Dad watching over you.

Well going up to the Post Office soon to pick up a small Golden Willow order with some Buzz Bars that I can't wait to see and sniff. At 10 AM I *may* drop into the CFTKR restock and see if I can be one of the 300 orders. I don't like those pressure cooker sessions so we shall see. In any case I have very little money left for August wax...it all went *somewhere.* :flirt-2:

Enjoy your Saturday,

Amy

Hi All!

Debra-I have no idea why I never ordered from TBG. I really am excited about this order. They have some great and unusual scents. I need to ask my neighbor to take in the package. I don’t want it sitting in the sun.

AmyJo-I will report on them when I get them. My next order has the one you loved in Charred Jack-O-Lantern. Enjoy your orders!

Also waiting on a small CFOW order which shipped hours after I ordered.

Melting VCS 7th Inning Stretch from a sweet CF friend.

Have a great day all!!

[smilie=th_hello]

I set my alarm for 6:45 am on a Saturday for Carol’s wax. [smilie=th_create] It’s been a couple of years since I’ve been able to get an order in and I’m excited to say I was successful! [smilie=th_c61] Only thing was, I hadn’t gotten two of the three scents I went in for, so when I saw Carol posted something on Facebook, I went back and lo and behold, got ‘em! [smilie=th_cc15] Now, where to put them. LOL

Debra ~ It has been years since I’ve ordered from Bathing Garden. I stopped because her wax didn’t all throw well. It was pretty light for me. But with all this talk, I am debating a Fall order.

Michele ~ Your mention of the Charred Pumpkin scent is really helping to tip the scale in favor of an order! [smilie=yes]

Maggie ~ You are on a blueberry kick, aren’t you? All of those sound yummy!

Mpfand ~ You’re a saint! [smilie=th_empathy]

CFTKR Country Berry Hotcakes

ST Flying Monkey ~ Aveda Shampure, Raindops, and Cotton Candy Frosting ~ one cube and phenomenal throw

DD#2, is still here, so we’re going to see the new Pooh movie at the Alamo Drafthouse, compliments of Intel. DH got free tickets at their 50th Anniversary Party a couple of weeks ago! [smilie=party] Thank you, Intel! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Have a great day!

Hello All!

Mpfand...wow...you've had that little guy for a while! Glad the park is tuckering him out! [smilie=th_blij47-1] How long do you get to keep him?

I sure am, Amy and Honeybear! I'm dreaming of blueberry....and just placed an order for more blueberry wax.... [smilie=th_1286B215]

Enjoy the Pooh movie Honeybear!

It's SGA in Pear Marshmallow Cotton Candy...yum! I forgot I had this little ol' pie. [smilie=th_Hnh5]

Melting tonight... SGA Stainless Steel Cotton Candy... Finally got to melt for the first time in a few days!

Interesting scent combo, Aria!

Michele, I hope you enjoy your order - I am now eyeing the site again - like I need more, LOL! :sEm_blush8:

Sounds like a fun time, Honeybear! I often wonder if your DH is in one of the jets I see above me heading back and forth to our Intel campus! Seems like they do some very nice things for employees.

Today we had our Brunch Bunch - a very nice time at Fort Vancouver in Washington. An old fur trading location, much rebuilt over time. We had breakfast and a history lesson!

While I was gone, the mail lady came. I had ordered some pet supplies and for some reason they shipped in separate boxes. She brought them to the door, my husband answered - and said, "she got a lot of packages!" The mail lady responded - "yes, but for some reason none of them seem to be candles!" [smilie=bagover] I have no secrets here...

Tonight it is SGA: Beach Nights type.

Good morning all,

Happy Sunday ladies. It's getting steamy again here in SW Ohio. We were lucky to have so many cool weeks in the middle of summer.

Well yesterday the CFTKR Restock was a bit stressful, with the site going down almost as quickly as it opened, but coming back up about a half hour later. I'm grateful to have been able to grab a few lovely items - pumpkin, blueberry.

Debra, your mail carrier and my Post Office lady have us pegged - I get similar comments about how good all the packages smell. [smilie=th_laughing] I'm glad you had fun with your Lunch Bunch - it sounds interesting to learn about the old fur trading spot.

Aria - I love stainless steel scent - sounds like a good one.

Michele, I hope that 7th Inning Stretch threw better for you than it did for me. Of all the lovely VCS melts I've enjoyed this summer, that was the only frustrating one. Cold, it hints at having such a lovely root beer scent - but melting, it had nothing to say. I'm letting it cure some more... And as for The Bathing Garden Charred Jack O'Lantern...ohhhhh....I can't wait for that order because I melted that sample until there was not a speck of scent left.

Honeybear, how was the Pooh movie? I have long loved the crew in the Hundred Acre Wood.

Maggie, you've got me on a blueberry tear now too - the power of suggestion! [smilie=th_LOVE]

So this morning and last night it's been:

SEMO Apple Jack Cookies - just delicious!

SGA Beach Nights Pomegranate - juicy and great throw.

Southbound Fruity Limeade - ohhh this could be a new favorite. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] Southbound is a dependable thrower and has lovely, fresh scents!

VCS Enchanted Prince - the last of the Royal Wedding Sampler - [smilie=th_cry2yw3] - lavender and blueberry - I have enjoyed these 10 roses so very much.

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone!

Amy