The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

The Merry Smelly Month Of May

Good Evening All. It just dawned on me that it's May! I slipped up once again. [smilie=th_paper-bag]

Honeybear...sorry your still having the headaches. I hope you get some relief soon. And I'm so sad that Zoe is not feeling well again. I hope the vet can help her. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Aria...stay strong my friend!! Hopefully the hubby won't make things worse....if he can just go with the flow it should help a little. [smilie=th_empathy]

Thanks Michele. Been thinking about you, I hope you can relax and enjoy your trip. I hope it's not as hot as here this week! Whew!

AmyJo...on the road again? You are busy!! Glad you have your Blueberry tart to sniff! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Tonight it's a new one from my L3 order...

Rosemary Mint Grapefruit Salty Sea Air....love it. I probably should have let it cure a bit....too excited and I felt like grapefruit!

Goodnight.

Hi everyone. Melting Children of the Corn by L3: Blueberry, Cornbread Brownsugar and pound cake

Lawnmower Man: Blackberry, Grass and cotton candy by L3

Votives: Cranberry by bridewater

French Vanilla by YC

Have a great Friday night.

Cute title, Maggie! :D I didn't even realize we were still posting in April. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

DS is taking me and DH to a baseball game this evening. There's a tailgating party first compliments of the office he works for on campus.

Melting Peach Mango from BH&G.

Cute title! Anyone have fun weekend plans? DH got home after a week being gone on a work conference. So glad he's home and I can have a break! yes.gifth_cha40.gif

Mpfand, sounds like you have a fun night planned! th_stophierDancedancer04.gif

Today I'm melting a homemade Honeydew Melon. wub.gif

It really did go fast, Michele!

I will be volunteering at a really big garden fair tomorrow. Fortunately, no rain! [smilie=th_excited-1]

Tonight - Beezy's, Fluffy Towels.

Good morning ladies! :sSig_sup:

Maggie, thank you for ushering us into May with a cute title - and I didn't notice we were still in April either - blissfully unaware - [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

So good to be home - it's lovely and cool in Ohio this morning - and I arrived home to two packages - Front Porch and SGA - and I'm blown away by both, continue to be really impressed with these vendors.

Maggie, that L3 grapefruit sea air combo sounds blissful.

Honeybear - I hope Zoe will feel better soon. So tough to have a beloved animal struggling. My heart goes out to you and your DH, and little Zoe. [smilie=th_cuddle-1]

Susan, thank you for the heads up on the CFOW sale - I did check it out - and what I'm waiting for from her is Jack Sparrow (SSA/orange sugar blend) which is out of stock. So saved this time!

Mpfand - ooooh, ooh, a ballgame with your DS!! Did you have a good time? And I love that Peach Mango from BH&G. [smilie=th_00000020]

Biolaeagles - :thyay: that your DH is home and you get some relief from single parenting! *time to relax*

Debra - that's great of you to volunteer at the garden festival [smilie=th_bomb] and I hope you get excellent weather!

The SGA order included the Chunk Sampler and wow, I am delighted, two pounds of all different chunks and they are gorgeous chunkies with all different mixed colors and amazing scents. I guess I should let them cure? but I'm really thrilled.

The FP order was an assortment of grubby tarts - I really find those little guys endearing. Her scents are very strong and long-lasting.

So in the melters since last night and going strong:

SGA Sample - Strawberry something (immediately lost the little cup and I forget the name, sorry!)

FP Momma's Blueberry Cobbler (ohhhhhh drool, drool and this is the one I carried around in my pocket for two days on the last work trip)

VCS 15 Minutes of Fame (pomegranate, strawberry, pink sugar, OHHHHH lovely)

FP Strawberry Rhubarb Jam (beautiful. A favorite)

AND -----

In the kitchen - a homemade tart from a dear CF pal - Raspberry Patchouli - can I say how much I love this, and I didn't know what patchouli smelled like - fantastic. DH also loves. A whole new scent to learn about and enjoy - thank you!! [smilie=th_teks0311]

Have a great weekend all,

AmyJo

Good Morning [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe And thanks regarding the title. I can't believe I didn't realize we were still posting in April. Listening to the birds sing with my iPad and a cup of joe. And sadly, debating the final call on the CYO blends over on OPT....tomorrow is the last day to do it. [smilie=th_thConfus_55] I'm just not the best blender....my ideas smell better in my head than in real life. [smilie=th_thank_you]

Mpfand...I hope you had a ball last night! I love tailgating! Just don't get to do it enough....DH gets VIP seats from his boss sometimes and he just wants to haul it inside to get the free food...Lololol. [smilie=th_sign0164]

AmyJo....that L3 tart went on forever. I may NEED to get more.....oh my poor credit card....it's exhausted.

Debra...Enjoy the garden fair!! That sounds lovely! I've never been to one...what's it like?

Biolaeagles...yay for hubby getting home!! [smilie=th_ef7d03c7] Now you can....breathe!! [smilie=th_51991986] No plans for me...but DH is away so I get the tv and I don't have to cook. The little things in life. [smilie=th_foolish1]

Susan...the Honey Pear Cake Blossom sounds soooo interesting....how does that smell? Was it a custom you did?

It's Homemade Blueberry Coffee from a lovely CF pal...thanks! [smilie=th_cc15]

And American Smoothie by STW...smells great but glad to use up another jar.

Upstairs it's Sweet Pea by Swanky...beautiful samples.

Have a good one. :)

Maggie, the honey pear chunk was in her grab box last year sometime lol. Bakery with a lot of sweetness. Sorry I don't have scent notes. I love her grab boxes, she has a small and large grab boxes. So far this year I have ordered 4 of them lol.

Amyjo I decided not to order from CFOW, I haven't melted anything from my last 2 orders

I have 2 orders coming in soon. Spotted hog and a Hayden Rowe order. Done until Fall. At least I hope so have no more room.

Good Morning!

Just changed out the melter to SGA Cantaloupe Strawberry Peach Cotton Candy Cupcakes @ Tiffany’s. This one smells so good.

I’m trying to stay away from the CFOW site. I’m tempted to order a few samplers. But I have no room and I guess I will wait.

Maggie, the garden fair is a huge fundraising event - there are about 100 vendors (nurseries, garden art, planters, potters, etc.) short classes on things like growing blueberries, a plant silent auction, a raffle, soil testing, and more! It takes a lot of volunteers and I am pooped! Out in the fresh air for 8 hours, I should sleep tonight!

AmyJo - so glad you found patchouli! That one sounds especially good. :wub:

I have a SGA going that is a year and a half old - I think many of hers do get stronger over time! I had to stop the melter and pour off half into another melter. This one is called Sexual Desire. :blush: Label says it is a Lush type/dup.

Cookie, I also have a couple of orders I have not tackled yet, but it sure is hard to not hit that "pay now" button! [smilie=typen]

Good Evening All...

Thanks Susan! I didn't see that scent on her list but I did end up making some customs and used the pear fragrance in one of them. [smilie=th_slider_flirt] I may order that grab box next time.

Debra...that sounds amazing and big! A long day for sure...sleep well! [smilie=thzzz003]

Well it's OPT from my new order...Candy Man...love this. I'm assuming her stuff is already cured. [smilie=th_confused3]

Goodnight. [smilie=th_offtobed]

Maggie, I love The Merry Smelly Month of May! I have a few STW jars here in various scents and I always feel a sense of accomplishment when I scoop out the last bit of wax and can toss the Jar! [smilie=yes]

Biolaeagles, thanks for clarifying your move to Nashville for me!

As soon as I read your post, I was like "oh yeah, now I remember! " :sFun_idea: I know those boys are keeping you busy!! I remember when my boys were little. Whenever DH was gone, I literally would be ready to run out of the house the minute he returned. :sSig_lol3:

Honeybear, I hope Zoe is doing better. Yes, I feel like these hot flashes :sAng_flamingmad: will be ongoing for awhile.

Amyjo, you are home! :sFun_bananshula: I just got a box from FP as well. As much as I order from Angie, I was actually dangerously low on the darling little grubby melts! [smilie=th_yellow5] I love how you kept one in your pocket during your travels! I've heard of taking a small mason jar, poking a few holes on the lid , putting your wax in the jar and setting it in the cup holder of your vehicle. [smilie=th_create] I think I may try this soon.

Trying a new scent from FP... Twisted Mermaid (sweet deep berries, sugar and rich vanilla) Delightful!

Good morning ladies!!

Very refreshing morning - I slept like a dead thing after a day at the zoo with my best girlfriend of 14 years, the sister I never had. We got to see Fiona the Hippo, whom you might have seen in the news - after a rough premature birth last year, we all held our breath during her difficult first months and then she turned into a sassy, chock-full-of-personality rock star. It was raining yesterday and still her area was packed with visitors. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Debra, that garden festival sounds so wonderful, especially with the short courses. I can imagine it was a long day. What a great event for the community. [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Maggie, I was tempted by that OPT CYO, but like you I'm not sure of my ability to create my own combination, especially in my head. Sometimes I fool around with combos at home but then I know what I've got, and it doesn't always turn out so great even then. [smilie=th_fear8] I really really want to look at L3 but I'm trying to stick to the vendors I'm already ordering too much from. [smilie=th_cha40]

Susan, I know this comes as a great shock, but I *did* end up ordering from CFOW - that is a great discount and lasts until tonight. What pushed me over the edge was Michele so kindly restocking Jack Sparrow after I emailed her about it - what a love! And I didn't want Jack to feel lonely in shipment so I got him a few traveling buddies in chunk bags. [smilie=th_E_JUMP16667]

Honeybear - sending you hugs for you and little Zoe. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Aria! We posted at exactly the same time so I'm coming back to say hi. I love the mason jar idea! Glad you got your grubby tarts replenished from FP. Whatcha get, whatcha get??

So this morning it's:

SGA Mirror Maze (watermelon, lemon-lime fizzy pop, cotton candy - drool! and yes I know I should let these cure! but ohhhhh!)

CFOW Farmhouse Cider - DH loves this one

CFOW Salty Sea Air Lavender - slept like a baby with this one

CFOW Marilyn Monroe (Strawberry, vanilla, champagne - lovely and throws a mile)

FP Patchouli mixed with CFOW Raspberry Macaroon - lovely, earthy, and I used only a teeny tiny bit of the patchouli.

Have a great Sunday all,

AmyJo

Morn everyone. Melting today: Remote Island by CFOW has pineapple and coconut in it. Decided on Sunday's I would melting something that I just got. lol

Coastal Waters by OPT, this was a huge heart shaped tart from 17.

Maggie I think OPT needs to cure for 7 days after you receive it.

Amyjo way to go. I put the remote island on my list to order sometime in the future.

Debra, that does sound like fun.

Hello All....and thanks Aria! ;)

Thank you so much Susan...the Candy Man smelled amazing but could have been stronger so I'll wait the week or two for the rest.

AmyJo....we will soon see how my blends came out....I hope a-ok! ???????? Glad you had fun at the zoo.

Time to change the warmers. Think I'll go with...

Homemade Honeysuckle & White Patchouli Type from a sweet CF pal...thanks!

OPT Lemon Goodness

L3 Lemon Curd Vanilla Smoothie

:)

Have a good one.

Hello! :D

Melting Hello Sugar from Fox Willow. I don't have a scent description, but I think I'm smelling some lemon. It's very good!

Stopping in with a quick update. All plans changed with Zoe being so ill. DD#2 flew in yesterday and will be leaving out of Phoenix for France next Saturday, instead of me flying to New Mexico. We are expecting a mobile vet tomorrow morning, and hoping for the best. We've been treating her with chicken bone broth and apple cider vinegar. (Several years ago, bone broth brought our little Abbie back from near death.) Amazingly, she seems better today. I was seriously concerned she might not make it through the night. Hoping and praying she is not ready to leave us yet.

Glad everyone seems to be having a nice weekend. Debra, your outing sounds like a blast, and AmyJo, the zoo would be a treat.

ST Rosemary's Baby
ST Fake N Bake
SB Vanilla Rose Champagne

It's going to be 107 today. Yikes.

This weekend went fast!

I am curious if you know what is your oldest melt and why you still have it? [smilie=th_235F35F32] Mine is a Grumpy Girl from 2014 - Drunk Uncle Bob. I love the colorful label and the name tickles me so it is hard to let go!

Tonight it is Pistachio Pudding Cake from Penn's Woods.

Good morning ladies, [smilie=th_e16]

Big thunderstorms last night so our big dog had a rough evening. Happily it all finally subsided.

Honeybear - sending you lots of hugs for little Zoe. I hope things go well with the mobile vet today. [smilie=th_cuddle-1] You're an amazing kitty mommy with the bone broth and the cider vinegar.

Susan, that Remote Island sounds beautiful and a good one for the wish list. [smilie=th_sml29]

Debra, my oldest melt is Zeep's Christmas Tree from January of this year! That was my first order. Such a newbie. I love her little trees and they smell lovely - I was still melting it a few weeks ago to honor the late snow.

This morning is a lemon theme - I love all of these:

Zeep Lemon Poundcake

Wonderberry London Calling from a sweet CF pal - thank you! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

BH&G Iced Lemon Cookies

BBW Limoncello - my last piece of this [smilie=th_cray]

I will say this is a lot of lemon for this small house! :sSc_faint:

Have a good day all,

AmyJo

Good Morning!

Honeybear-Hope Zoe feels better after the visit with the vet.

Debra- I have no idea what my oldest melt is. I have a lot in bins in my basement that I need to go through. I give those away first. I should actually pick a week each month to just melt older tarts. Some are probably 7-8 years old. Lots of CFTKR, HHS, FP, the vendor with the heart shaped tarts, (can’t remember the name), Nene’s and LOL. I think I have a few Grumpy Girls too. I’m pathetic.

Leaving for Italy tomorrow so probably won’t be melting for 2 weeks. We get back next Thursday and then we have a wedding that weekend in Albany. Looking forward to visiting Tuscany with my DH and my 2 DD’s.

Heading to a fundraising tea luncheon this afternoon.

I’m melting SGA Sweet Lavender Salty Sea Air Marshmallow.

Have a great day everyone!