The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

April's Amazing Aromas

Hello all!

Maggie, so sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope they find out what's going on so you can get some relief! Hugs to you!

AmyJo ~ Bravo on the restraint, but it's always fun to let those tart-buying juices roll again. ???? I didn't look at the restock. I'm busy looking at getting candles from Gold Canyon before my discount runs out. ????

Michele ~ Have fun in Manhattan! How fun!

CCCC Be Mine ~ gifted by a sweet CF friend ~ Thanks! ????

ST Magically Delicious

Projects on the homefront today. Enjoy your day everyone. ????

Maggie, I hope you are feeling better today...although the fact you emptied a cart has me a little worried about you! ;)

AmyJo, that is an interesting take on the fashion show! The idea sounds so glamorous, but often reality is a different story! :wacko:

Also, the Black Vetyver Coffee is also Black Vetiver Café type (Jo Malone) from some vendors. I primarily notice the Vetyver in most versions, although some do pick up roasted coffee.

Michele, when you say you are going to New York it seems so simple! Thinking about going from here would be a really big trip. Envious!

Tonight it is Colonial's Topaz Waters.

Good morning all!

A gorgeous morning but we had a FROST warning last night [smilie=th_butbutbut] so I covered up the baby red-twig dogwood bushes with sheets. There are ten of these bushes - just planted in the fall - and they all have new little baby leaves. [smilie=group_hug]

Honeybear, when you say tart-buying juices, mine were surely flowing yesterday. Time to rein it in again! Plenty to play with here and more beautiful scents on the way. [smilie=th_ahaaha] I hope you had fun with your homefront projects yesterday.

Debra, thank you for the info on the Vetyver Coffee or Vetiver Café type. That puts two scents that I love together...must research...

Maggie - I hope you get some help from the doctor and start to feel better soon. [smilie=th_cuddle-1]

Michele - thinking of you today. [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

Speaking of Vetiver, I left the lovely CFOW Beachwood Vetiver on all night in the bedroom and it had still a trace this morning upon awakening. I may have to ask Michele to just create a standing order for this one... [smilie=th_allah]

So yesterday a small order from VCS arrived - two four-packs of the beautiful imprinted disks, and they are so pretty that they don't need to smell like anything - but the fragrances are also wonderful (one pomegranate, one grapefruit and blood orange). I am just going to stare at them for awhile as I can't bear to melt them yet. [smilie=th_LOVE]

So this morning we're on a fruity/bakery theme.

Some of the CFOW ones are from the Discontinued Scent list and I can't fathom why these beautiful scents would be discontinued...

CFOW White Nectarine (beautiful!)

Zeep Boulangerie (getting stronger by the month, so gorgeous)

VCS Gone with the Wind (wow! a sample - sandalwood, magnolia, coconut, I love)

CFOW Raspberry Macaroon (big, luscious scent)

CFOW Italian Waffle Cookies (gentle, sweet, delicious)

Enjoy your Sunday all!

AmyJo

Thank you Susan, Honeybear, AmyJo and Debra!

Debra...lolololol! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] That cart emptying is a telltale sign that something is up!!! Tooo funny!

AmyJo....lots of work to keep the plants cozy! I hope they are ok!

It's Prince Charming by Scarlet Raine...❤️

Have a nice Sunday!

Hi All!

Maggie-Hope you find relief soon.

I bought 4 chunk bags at the SGA restock. I’m expecting 2 samplers from there as well. I still haven’t put away my last order. I have no room. This has to be it for awhile. Maggie-I envy your restraint

Debra- I really live in NYC. I live in one of the 5 boroughs. When we say going into the city we mean to Manhattan. It’s only a 20 minute drive from here. I guess I take it for granted since I have lived here my entire life. It truly is amazing.

We did say yes to the dress yesterday. I had so much fun.

Today would have been my parent’s 62nd wedding anniversary.

Melting today from the SGA Cookie Monster Sampler-Cookie Monster Gidget’s Beach Party. Really enjoying this one.

Michele - thank you for the NYC info. A 20 minute drive out here gets you pretty much nowhere... [smilie=th_shewiggle] Maybe an hour from the coast!

And I know what you mean about nowhere to put orders. [smilie=th_slider_hi5] I tried to do some consolidation and clean up today and it is pretty embarrassing to see what all I have tucked away. I keep buying storage bins. I should just quit buying wax!

Today I cut one SGA Lavender soufflé into 3 pieces and set melters in different rooms. This one was so strong I had 2 windows open a little and it was still enough to give a headache so I had to turn it off. [smilie=th_yellow5]

Good morning ladies!

On the road again but just within Ohio and hopefully only two days. [smilie=th_fear8]

Michele, I'm excited that you all said yes to the dress! Details please...

Debra that SGA lavender souffle sounds delicious. I'm eagerly awaiting their sampler...

Speaking of samplers, tomorrow I see that Vintage Road is having a restock. I think I will visit that one and then try to chill for awhile. [smilie=th_pardon]

Last night I melted VCS Ruby Slippers (red grapefruit, blood orange, Champagne, and vanilla) and oh my goodness... Just delicious and so strong. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Of course I've packed wax for the road!!

Happy Monday all,

AmyJo

Good Morning

Maggie ~ Hope you are feeling better today. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

AmyJo ~ [smilie=th_LaLaLa] to the Vintage Road restock. [smilie=th_butbutbut] I say this as I remember I have an alert on my phone for the Zeep Big Top Sampler coming up tomorrow. [smilie=th_cha40]

Debra and Michele ~ I'm also out of room. I need to do some reorganizing. What is with this wax obsession of ours?! [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Wilma's Crunch Berry Zucchini Bread

1803 Pumpkin Hollow ~ [smilie=thank_you] CF pal!

GC Lavender Chamomile

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Michele, glad you had fun in the city. Your parents anniversary must have been a hard day for your dad. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts...

My mom is going home tomorrow. It's been so nice having her here.

Melting White Tea & Cactus from Scentsy. Strong and fresh!

Good evening all,

Just a quick hello, very tired but glad to be done for the day.

Honeybear - Zeep Big Top Sampler?! [smilie=th_sSig_what] I missed this!! But I should also [smilie=th_LaLaLa] about that because I have two full baskets of Zeep. And I've got my list typed up for the Vintage Road. We have to tell each other what loot we score so we can enjoy it vicariously! [smilie=th_aa17] [smilie=th_aa17]

Michele - we lived in Queens a looooong time ago and I have to say I get very nostalgic for it at times. I miss the corner pizza, the Italian bakery, the bagels, and the people. Not too much will overcome a New Yorker. [smilie=th_00000020]

I am melting a combination of SGA Jack the Clipper and BH&G Sea Splash Linen (think that's the name - always mess it up). I started out with the latter and it was waaaaaaay too strong so I tucked in some Jack. It is doing nicely so I'll stick with that. And I brought along one of the VCS disks (15 Minutes of Fame - pomegranate and fruity loops) for gazing purposes. Just so pretty.

OK off for some supper. Then [smilie=th_blij80] and bed.

Have a good evening all,

AmyJo

Good evening!

Long work hours lately, not a lot of time for my "hobby"! At least the one on the timer is melting away when I come home so I walk into a nicely scented bedroom! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Mpfand - I bet you are missing your mom now. Glad you enjoyed your time together.

Tonight it is Candied Marshmallow - Flaming Star Scents.

Good Evening All and thank you for the well wishes. My tests are good which is good news. Hopefully, I'll start to feel better at some point.

I've been melting Starlit Candles in Ghost Orbs

And today it's Ashland's Coconut Sea Salt

Upstairs it was Applewood and Fern and now it's Birch And Black Pepper both by CFOW.

Goodnight.

Glad to hear everything is alright, Maggie!

Good evening, everyone! DH has been on a trip, so I've been taking care of the boys this week on my own and so busy! th_lavarepiatti.gifth_shewiggle.gifth_bounce.gif

Today I melted Raspberry Jam Latte from SGA-love! th_slider_flirt.gif

Good morn everyone. This is what I'm melting before going to work this afternoon. I'm doing a project use it up hope to fisnish 30 different tarts from 2016, and 2017.

Melting: The White Rabbit by OPT

Banana Butterscotch Caramel Mallow by OPT

Strawberry Buttercream by OPT

Strawberry Cream by OPT

Good morning ladies! [smilie=th_hello]

We were a rather quiet bunch on here yesterday. Does this mean we do have duties outside of melting? :laugh: Debra, I hope you get some relief from those long work hours.

I'm back home today, ahhhh. [smilie=cloud_9]

Maggie, so so glad to hear your bloodwork came back with good results. [smilie=snoopy] Maybe you need a break, a vacation!! Also - how did you like that Applewood Fern?

Biolaeagles - sounds like you have your hands full at the moment! When does DH return?

Susan - now that's a project, you will be a melting fool. [smilie=th_c2e41937] How are you organizing it?

Yesterday I arrived home to find a beautiful surprise package from a sweet CF friend - gorgeous melts - so it was Christmas in May! Thank you, thank you! Everything is curing and I will be patient. [smilie=th_yourock] What a fabulous surprise!

So on the three-hour drive home yesterday, I recalled someone on here saying that you could set a melt on the dashboard (who said this?) and it would make the whole car fragrant. With the warmer weather, this worked beautifully. I had a previously-melted silicone cup of SGA Jack the Clipper (might have mentioned that I love that one)and the car turned into a trim little ship cutting through the waves. Wow!! Another way to get scent while traveling! So whoever made that suggestion, thank you! [smilie=th_bomb]

So right now it's a CFOW morning:

Boardwalk Barbershop (Barbershop, sea salt, ocean breezes, black raspberry vanilla - wow, gorgeous)

Mr. Grey (Bleu Leather Vanilla - masculine, I love)

Pinata - (marshmallow, cotton candy, vanlla, taffy - giving me cavities but I love it, very very sweet)

Dark Sea Shadow - (salty sea air, fire roasted marshmallow - a lot like Carnival by the Sea but smokier, gorgeous)

Have a lovely day and enjoy the warm weather if you've got it! [smilie=th_dd5] (does it take everybody else forever to find the emoticon you want?? scrolling...scrolling...)

AmyJo

Debra, I enjoyed having my mom here and am missing her....except when she says things like "you're going to cut your hair soon, right?" and "you walk too fast" and "you look tired". :rolleyes: The house seems extra quiet because DD drove her home and is spending a few days there.

Maggie, I hope you start feeling better soon. My SIL discovered she's deficient in vitamin B so the Dr started her on shots and she feels 100% better. Would your blood tests have covered any vitamin deficiency?

Melting Vanilla Bean Buttercream from Scentsy.

Hello All.

Thanks Mpfand, AmyJo and Biolaeagles!

Mpfand..yes, she said she was testing everything. I did request a copy of the results so I'll check into that. Thanks! Sorry you are missing your mom! But you cracked me up with the " you look tired" comment! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] That's my Dad every time he sees me without makeup...which is pretty often!!! Lolololol

AmyJo....I did like the Applewood and Fern but it's was no Beachwood Vetiver! Lol ;)

Susan... how long do you give yourself for this project? I think your doing pretty good....I've gots oodles of tarts older than that! :icon_rolleyes:

Biolaeagles...how long will you be parenting solo? Three active boys equals great [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

It's Sweet 16 by Vintage Road....her Wax is very soft...it's slightly melting just sitting in my closet. My house must be pretty warm.

Mpfand - Moms will be moms, won't they? [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Susan, I am right there with you - working my way through the oldies. But if I do that, then by the time I get to the 2018 ones, they will be old, too!

[smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

AmyJo - I am glad the dashboard trick worked. With all our gray skies, It seems like it does not get hot enough in my car to do that very often.

Tonight - Nene's Sun Moon Stars type.

Good morning all!

On the road again. Two cities and quick turnaround so no checked bag. Therefore I brought one lone FP grubby tart and no melter. [smilie=th_smiley-crying]

Mpfand - you made me laugh - your mother's comments - when my parents were alive it was the same thing - always, you look tired... [smilie=th_fear8] but now I really miss hearing them say that.

So - on the car dash - it's

FP Momma's blueberry cobbler which is completely gorgeous.

Have a good day all!

AmyJo

Hi friends

Haven't posted in a week or so and not going to lie...I've been not in the best moods. I think I am starting "The Change " and it hasn't been pretty. The mood swings are terrible. I go from :wub: to :angry: to [smilie=th_smiley-crying] Of course, DH doesn't get it at all. [smilie=th_smielyfight]

I've read everyones posts and enjoyed them all. [smilie=th_justcuz_goodpost]

Melting SGA My Little Pony [smilie=cloud_9] and really enjoying it. I'm not sure of the exact scent description, but it has Avobath, lavender and cotton candy in it. Ordered it in chunks on a whim and am glad I did.

Morn ladies. Melting today: Red Pear by Destination Wax

Ice Capades by OPT

Amyjo I have 18 scents shots, and 9 bags. Destination wax, L-3, OPT, Dessa

I am hoping to have this finished by the end of May or early June.

Debra, I have enough wax that I have bought in 2018 so far to last into 2019. lol

Hi All!

Glad you got good results Maggie. Hope you feel better soon.

I think all of us have enough wax to last in to 2019 and beyond. Hope to not buy wax for awhile. Need to make a dent.

Melting today SGA Beach Nights. Love this. It’s almost 90 degrees here. Too hot for me.

I’m feeling overwhelmed here. So much to do with getting ready for my trip next week and getting everything in order here before we leave.

Hope everyone enjoys their day!!

Evening all,

Just a quick note. Today the planets all aligned and the second city of this trip - and its four flights! - was cancelled. :sBo_reflection2: So I will get home early tomorrow instead of 1 AM Saturday. [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Michele, that 90 degrees...I give you credit, I have little tolerance for those higher temps. I hope your trip will take you someplace cooler!

Susan, that sounds like a plan and I wish you Happy Dedicated Melting. I agree with you and Susan - we all have enough wax to last quite awhile...so hard to stop ordering....must stop....

Aria, my sympathies on the mood swings. I went through The Change already and my big thing was to burst suddenly into a fountain of sweat. It was entertaining if nothing else and I'm delighted that is over. This too shall pass, just ride it out...tell DH to brace himself but it doesn't last forever.

Also, Aria - that Avobath and lavender melt sounds heavenly. *filing away in wish list for order I should not be placing*

So my little lone FP grubby tart spent its day in my jeans pocket at work today...every time I moved, it would send its lovely scent noseward...so it was a good scent day after all.

I am once again on a wax ban...I surely have enough. I have my six favorite vendors (FP, CFOW, Zeep, Vintage Chic, Vintage Road, and SGA), all of them with their unique delights, and surely, surely, this should keep me delighted.

So tonight since I have no melter my little FP Momma's Blueberry Cobbler will stay close by the bed where I can smell him all night.

Sleep tight all, [smilie=thzzz003]

AmyJo