The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

April's Amazing Aromas

Good Evening All!

Honeybear...sounds like a wonderful day! I'm glad you are enjoying it! [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Biolaeagles... [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] Sometimes it's tough coming back but you'll get to visit again!

Susan...that Hugs & Kisses scent sounds nice!

AmyJo...a few years back Serendipity was the "IT" waxie scent....I think there's always a new popular scent every couple months but then it gets overused and everyone tries of it. I'm not a big cherry lover so I never really took to Serendipity but I'm liking this. Who knew?

Debra...your Sweeney Todd scent sounds amazing....going to check out her site...lol. [smilie=th_ecd36868]

Tonight it's a candle in Goose Creek Paris Noir

And waxies in Blueberry Backwoods Barbie by VCS

Goodnight....I'm thinking of you too, Michele! [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Good luck, Maggie, I have trouble just window shopping at L3! ;) And - on topic - AmyJo, I wish my bans would work! (Thanks for the Moon Cake tip!)

Tonight it is Rocket's - Rainbow Sherbet Cotton Candy.

No melting today, but wanted to wish you the happiest of birthdays, Honeybear! [smilie=th_blij40] I'm glad you're having a fun time with your DD. You share a birthday with my DS. He is 23 today. Where does the time go? [smilie=th_scratch]

Hello everybody! :sFun_eye: :sFun_eye:

honeybear, sounds like you had a fun birthday outing! [smilie=HBday]

biolaeagles, I'm confused, could have sworn you live in CA. Refresh my memory, did you move? :sCo_hmmthink: I feel like I'm losing my mind [smilie=th_insane]

Amyjo, your Zeep melts sound great for a cleaning day. My first Zeep order arrived a few days ago and I'm very impressed with the way she packs her orders! [smilie=th_00000020] So pretty with the toile tissue paper and crinkles. The scents I ordered smell yummy... Luke's Diner, Mambo Beach, Beachbound, and a few others. [smilie=th_ecd36868] The shapes are adorable and love that she lists the scent notes on the label! I've been tempted to melt but will give them another week or so. Safe travels to you.

Maggie, I have a love/hate relationship with Serendipity too. It can be overpowering! I find that if I blend it with a bakery scent like birthday cake or even marshmallow, it becomes much more smooth and creamy. [smilie=th_BringItOn]

debra or Amyjo, is cactus readily available at the store? [smilie=th_confused3] I'm assuming it would be in the produce aisle. Does it have health benefits?

Today I have FP White Gardenia melting for some springtime fragrance.

Off to grab another cup of coffee and hop in the shower [smilie=th_blij51]

Good morning ladies and greetings from the road,

Aria - cactus is available at places like Trader Joe's or Whole Foods (I think) but probably not in the groceries in places where cactus doesn't grow locally. In Cincinnati, I can find it at Jungle Jim's but that is a huge international foods place. And yes it is supposed to be full of vitamins.

Also, Aria, it sounds as though you're really enjoying that Zeep order - just opening Ashley's boxes is a treat in itself, isn't it, so gorgeous!! - and you and I have ordered some of the same melts. On that Mambo Beach, she just poured it two weeks ago so I'm really giving that one some time (like two months). But the Beach Towels - exquisite and tons of throw, enjoy!!

Debra, as for the wax ban, I've gone three days without ordering anything so that's a start, right? [smilie=th_aa17] I started looking at the wax websites again and this is very dangerous...I brought along a number of CFOW samples on this trip and there are some that are just delicious - Amazon Mist, for one! - and this is also very tempting...

Honeybear, I hope you've had a wonderful birthday and visit with your DD!

Maggie, thank you for the Serendipity explanation - I had no clue. I do like some of the cherry scents so I might have enjoyed that one. It sounds as though it's run its course!

So here in St Louis in the hotel I've been cycling through a number of scents - I use the little silicone cupcake liners and then I end up creating a little tart that I can use again. So it's been:

CFOW Marshmallow and Dragon's Blood (has a name which I can't recall)

Zeep Beach Towels (ahhhhhhhh)

CFOW Fresh Squeezed Orange Avobath (what is an avobath?? - lovely)

CFOW Carnival at the Beach (you didn't think I'd travel without this one, did you??)

There's me off to work -

Have a lovely day,

AmyJo

Good Morning!

Thank you everyone for thinking of me. I’m doing ok. We laid my mom to rest on Monday. It’s been a hectic past couple of days and my DH is home for the week. I’m looking forward to visiting Tuscany in a couple of weeks with DH and my two DD’s.

We had tons of company and I melted SGA SSA Sunny Beaches Coconut Marshmallow. I loved this as I do all SSA blends.

Today I have going the last of SGA Pistachio Coconut Sugar Cookies. Love this one!

I need to shop my stash too for awhile. All this talk of all these wonderful vendors wants me to place multiple orders. Can’t wait to order CFOW samplers, try Zeep and take a look at the FP website.

Honeybear-I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!

Enjoy the day everyone. It’s cold, damp and rainy here. Ugh!!

Hello All...

Glad to see you posting Michele. Yes, today was a yucky day..hope the weather changes soon.

Mpfand... [smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d to your DS!!

Debra...oh no....there's a few things over on L3 that look good.... [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

AmyJo and Aria...I agree! Zeeps deliveries are beautiful! So professional! ;)

It's French Unicorn by a Scarlet Raine....yummy.

And upstairs it's a Fig Forest from a sweet CF pal...love it! Thanks.

Have a good Evening!

I forgot to mention back a bit that I have no love for Serendipity either. I couldn't get why it was so popular! [smilie=th_cha66]

Nice to see you Michele! [smilie=th_bighug-1]

AmyJo - congrats on your 3 day ban! I hate to show off - but I am at 5 days! And weakening... [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Tonight it is Galaxy's Bag of Candy.

Good evening, everyone! The_Hi.gif

Aria, yes! I'm from CA but moved to Nashville, TN just a month ago with my husband and three kiddos. th_aa17.gif

Michele, thinking of you during this hard time. sad.gif

I liked Serendipity too, but I think I overdid it like a lot of people! I still like it on occasion. th_c032.gif

Today I melted a friend's homemade tart in Booberry/ Lemon Poundacke- yum! wub.gif

Good morning ladies,

Going home today and the work has gone well and I've been melting up a storm in the hotel. So happiness abounds. [smilie=th_snoopy]

Michele - good to see you. I'm happy you will soon be able to travel to Tuscany, take a long deep breath, and find some moments of peace after this long difficult time.

Mpfand - [smilie=th_8d1933ff] to your DS, and many more!

Debra, I bow down to your 5-day wax ban! [smilie=th_allah] I too am going strong. I made the mistake of looking at the L3 website and she does have some fabulous-sounding blends (and I love all the clever names, LOL) - but I have resisted buying. For now. [smilie=th_jay]

Maggie, that Fig Forest sounds tempting - I seem to be liking all of the fig scents.

Susan - also that Community Chest sounds lovely - lime, coconut and cotton candy, will have to check that out when the wax ban ends.

Biolaeagles - Nashville! What a great town. So much music to enjoy.

So as mentioned I brought along a number of melts with me, mostly from CFOW samples which Michele so generously sends with every order. I've been melting each one for about an hour in a silicone cupcake liner, letting in harden, and saving it for home. I have to wonder what the other guests on this floor are thinking, but so far nobody has come knocking.

In no particular order, over the past three days (bear with me here) :sFun_blahblah:

Zeep Beach Towels - lemongrass, coconut, laundry - a favorite

CFOW Daenerys - Dragons blood, marshmallow, vanilla - really nice and new for me

CFOW Merlin's Forest - earthy and extremely strong, too big a scent for this small room. I would melt this outside!

Zeep Laundry Day in Marseilles - gorgeous fresh scent

CFOW Fresh Squeezes Oranges Avobath - very fruity, delicious

CFOW Passion Melon - melon, fig, myrtle berries - wonderful

CFOW Pinata - marshmallow, cake, taffy - extra sweet, nice

CFOW Carnival by the Sea - SSA, funnel cake, marshmallow - my favorite

CFOW Amazon Mist - fresh, watery, grass - I love this one

CFOW Almond - well, there had to be one that didn't work for me.

SGA Jack the Clipper - SSA, shave cream, a big favorite, smells like my DS.

CFOW Violet Lime - gentle, soothing, like this a lot.

CFOW Persimmon Pineapple Coconut Bliss - just like it sounds. Heaven.

CFOW Honey Lavender Type - really nice - the honey changes the lavender into something even better

and last but not least

CFOW Beachwood Vetiver. I would walk long distances for this one. Beachy and lightly woody and different. Really love this.

And that's it!! See, I can shop my stash!

Edited to add:. Just got a note that my Zeep order from last week will be delivered today. This would be three body meringues. This makes the shopping ban so much easier. ????

Have a wonderful day everybody,

AmyJo

Good morning, friends [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Thank you for the birthday wishes, Biolaeagles, Mpfand, Aria, and Michele. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] It was a wonderful day. DD, DH, and I went to a place called the Living Room where we enjoyed yummy food, wine, and a complimentary order of mini cinnamon sugar donuts that came with three syringes to inject the donuts with berry, chocolate, and Bavarian cream filling. A decadent treat!! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Sad that DD#1 had to leave late yesterday. Started missing her before she even left! I'm headed back to NM to see the girls on the 7th to help DD#2 prepare for her France trip on the 12th and DD#1's trip on June 3 to Europe.

Michele ~ Glad to hear you're hanging in there. Hugs to you! And enjoy that trip to Tuscany. Sounds so lovely! :wub:

Mpfand ~ [smilie=th_1819] to your DS!

AmyJo ~ Wow! You've been a melting fool in that hotel. [smilie=th_c61] I like your system and may have to try that myself. I have some of those silicone cups brand that I bought for melting but decided I like my bowls better. This sounds like a great way to dip into this ridiculous stash of mine. [smilie=th_cc8]

SGA ~ Sweet Lavender SSA Marshmallow ~ a gift from a sweet CF friend [smilie=thank_you] ~ NOW I get the hype about the SSA! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Burning the Yankee Chocolate Cake candle and it is delicious, too. Biolaeagles, you need this in your life. [smilie=th_cc15]

Good afternoon, everyone! th_76d65c2f.gif

AmyJo, yes Nashville is a fun city to visit! yes.gif

Honeybear, wow....how fun that both your daughters get to travel to Europe in a few months! Also, those doughnuts sound th_drool33456183iw4.gif

Today I'm melting Apple Butter/ Marshmallow/ Graham Crackers from SGA. th_smilies-2.gif

AmyJo - that is some serious melting! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

Honeybear, those donuts sound clever and really yummy! What a fun idea for a dinner party. :sHa_thumbgoodjob:

Tonight it is Calypso from Rocket's.

Good morning ladies!

Home again and it's lovely. It's actually warming up - 50/60 and next week 70 - so will need to think about putting the A/C back in for the Pyrenees. He is already panting. :sFun_hot:

Honeybear, I'm so glad you had a great birthday. :thwetkissf: Lovely that your DDs will be traveling to Europe! And yes - those donuts - sounds like sheer luxury!

Working from home today and then this evening going to a fashion show at the art school of U-Cincinnati as the guest of a friend. I have never been to a fashion show before but I'm guessing this is dressy, wouldn't you think? [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon I don't have a lot of fancy attire...will put something together. [smilie=th_scratch]

I melted an assortment of laundry scents last evening since that's what I had in the melters before my trip. This morning, it's a tropical theme:

Back room/office - Zeep's A Slice of Paradise (just decadent and exotic and I'm glad I let it cure, gorgeous)

Bathroom - BH&G Morning Bliss (grapefruit, very bright, lovely)

Our bedroom - CFOW Fresh Squeezed Oranges Avobath (discovered on the trip! Lemongrass, oranges - beautiful blend)

Kitchen - FP Citrus Jam & Toast (warm, orangey, lovely)

Living Room - CFOW Persimmons Pineapple Coconut Bliss (also discovered on the trip, indeed blissful, love this).

Have a beautiful Friday all,

AmyJo

Quick question for all of you: what is your favorite SGA blend?

Restock tomorrow... My wax ban has lasted a whole week! I *may* have to get something from SGA...

thank you!

AmyJo

Hello All..I'm so glad it's Friday! It's been a tough week...haven't been feeling well and awaiting blood test results. The bigger problem is laying in bed equals buying tarts. [smilie=th_sign0164]

Honeybear...your daughters are so lucky to be going to Europe...what fun!

AmyJo...looks like a lot of yummy wax on your trip! As far as SGA....there are so many favs and always new and exciting blends!! I love I-Hop, Cantaloupe Birthday, all of her pumpkin blends, all of her "In The Kitchen" blends, all of her Zucchini blends and pretty much all of her latte blends. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

So this morning it was Cantaloupe Birthday by SGA but it's pretty old so not strong enough. Switched it for Apricot Mango by Haley's Heavenly Scents....still can't believe she's gone. :(

Upstairs it's CFOW (and AmyJo's fav...lol) Beachwood Vetiver....it's amazing!!

Goodnight

AmyJo, have a good time this evening! I've never been to a fashion show, either. Sounds like fun!

Maggie, hope you feel better soon and your blood tests all come back ok!

Melting Amazon Rain from Scentsy.

I am sorry you are not feeling well, Maggie.

(Yep, when I get bored, I tart-surf, too. [smilie=th_slider_hi5] )

Well, AmyJo, I was just wondering if it was about time for a SGA restock. I think my ban is in danger too. [smilie=th_paper-bag]

Tonight - Cheryl's Black Vetyver Coffee.

Good morning ladies and welcome to the weekend,

Maggie, I hope you are feeling better today. [smilie=th_ef3416a0] I'm glad to hear you were tart-surfing, surely no better way to pass the time. I hope the blood tests will come back quickly with good news. I am sending you a big hug. [smilie=th_cuddle-1]

Debra - that Black Vetyver Coffee sounds very interesting! How would you describe it? Which is the dominant scent?

The fashion show was fun last night but I wouldn't make a habit of it. The music was so loud that I had to put tissue in my ears, and to be honest a lot of the clothing was drab-colored and strangely shaped. [smilie=th_cha60] I really enjoyed hearing the student interviews and their passion for different causes which led them to design the way they did - clothing with electronic feedback, clothing for fluid genders, and clothing for individual expression. It was good to see my dear friend and visit with her. And finally it was good to come home. [smilie=cloud_9]

Well, my wax ban has crashed and burned, but I did manage to restrain myself for a full week. [smilie=th_aa17] I am all primed for the SGA restock today and have money put aside. But yesterday, I wanted to make a wish list and there isn't that capability on their website! What was I to do?...so yes, I did order a couple more Moon Cakes from CFOW (Beachwood Vetiver, Maggie!) along with a couple of chunk bags in sea air and shave cream varieties. And I did wander over to Vintage Road and get their April Chunkie Loaf, which looks divine (and thanks to a sweet CF pal for introducing me to that vendor!). [smilie=th_teks0311]

Thank you for the SGA suggestions, Maggie - I love Cantaloupe in any form so I will keep an eye out for that one.

Yesterday afternoon I started an apple theme and let them run all night:

Zeep Luke's Diner (needs to cure some more but ohhhh the coffee and cream is heavenly)

FP Mac Apple Jam & Toast (beautiful, strong, lasts forever)

CFOW Applewood & Fern - oh, now this is a beauty. It was a sample, will order again.

And this morning we're back on the waters (in honor of the SGA Restock):

SGA Jack the Clipper (have I mentioned how much I love this?)

CFOW Serene Waters

CFOW Amazon Mist (gorgeous)

BHG Sea Spray Linen (uplifting and very strong, per usual)

and

CFOW Beachwood Vetiver (ahhhhhhh)

Have a lovely Saturday everyone!

AmyJo

Good Morning!

Still on the fence about ordering from the SGA restock but I’m leaning toward ordering a couple of chunk bags. No more room here though. My favorites are still the SSA blends. I’m starting to love the pretzel blends, Cookie Monster, Pink Chiffon blends, and all the Beach Nights blends as well.

Amy-You sound like you have been on a wax spree again. What fun. Lots of great packages to look forward to this week.

Maggie-Sorry to hear you haven’t been feeling well. Hope all the blood work is ok.

Biolaeagles- Hope you are liking Nashville. Why did you decide to move there? That was quite a big move. My daughter’s boyfriend’s parents live there. My daughter loved it when she visited. She’s going again in June.

Honeybear-Glad you enjoyed your Birthday. I’m sure it was wonderful having your DD there to celebrate. Those donuts sound wonderful.

I’m going with my friend and her daughter to Kleinfelds in Manhattan in a little while to make a final selection on her bridal gown. We want to say yes to the dress. Should be fun.

Melting SGA Strawberry Pretzels. It’s really good !!

Have a great day all!,

Thanks Mpfand, Debra, AmyJo and Michele. You are very kind! :thwetkissf: Unfortunately, I do hope they can find something in the blood work so they can treat it. I can't function like this much longer. And I've made a promise to stop buying wax so.....although I filled my cart over on SGA....I emptied it and I hope to stand my ground. [smilie=yes]

Michele...have fun at Kleinfelds...it's a beautiful day for the city! [smilie=th_sign0162]

AmyJo...glad you had fun at the fashion show and got to see your friend!! I know what you mean....the music everywhere is soooo loud. When I see bands in clubs it's beyond loud and even in the movie theatre! I do believe the general population is loosing their hearing. [smilie=th_107]

How'd everyone do with the SGA restock?

It's SGA Lattes and Birthday Cake this morning.

That CFOW Beachwood Vetiver is still going strong upstairs.

Have a good one. :)

Maggie!! I salute you, you showed beautiful discipline at the SGA restock. I had a ball over there and ordered the Chunk Sampler and the Serene Rain Forest loaf. They didn't seem to have the Cantaloupe or Jack the Clipper today but I'm delighted.

Michele! Enjoy saying yes to the dress! That sounds like so much fun.

Have a lovely afternoon everyone and Maggie take good care of yourself!

AmyJo