The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

April's Amazing Aromas

Good Morning

AmyJo...Put me down as a Cactus and Sea Salt lover! That's a goodie!

Honeybear....I've had a few vendors that have a "burnt" sugar milk scent....not my thing either. Hope you found something better! ;)

It seems to be a beautiful day here...deciding if I should get outside or make wreaths...lol.

It's Sweet Lavender Salty Sea Air by SGA

And Lavender Paris by Swanky

Have a beautiful day. :)

Michele... [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] Take one day at a time my friend.

Good morning all,

A beautiful morning here and I hope the same for all of you.

Michele - these next days are likely to be a bit chaotic...maybe good to have things to do, but can be exhausting...remember to be very gentle with yourself. Sending you lots of hugs. [smilie=th_cuddle-1]

Maggie and Honeybear, I'm tempted to melt that Cactus and Sea Air again when I get home tonight - that truly is a beauty.

I was on a pumpkin campaign this morning, I think because I wanted to try out this little SGA sample, so it's:

SGA Sweet Pumpkin

and

ScentSationals Pumpkin Marshmallow Crème, always a favorite, but it doesn't match the weather so we'll see what to melt later.

Have a peaceful day, everyone.

AmyJo

Good morning ????

Getting ready for DD#1's arrival today. ☺️ So happy to have a few days with her!!

SB Cotton Candy Birthday Smoothie

Thinking of you, Michele. ❤️

Enjoy the time with your DD Honeybear!!!!! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

Since I had the SGA on since yesterday...thought I'd change things up since I feel like a new scent. It was still going strong and I really hate to dump perfectly good wax though. :(

Now it's Zeep Sweetheart. A newly found LOAF in my Spring/Summer box!!! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Maggie, your lavender scents sound so good.

Count me in for Sea Salt & Cactus!

Honeybear, glad you'll see your DD soon!

Michele, you've been on my mind. Hope you're holding up alright.

Melting a gift from a sweet candle buddy, Pina Colada from Dessa's. Yum.

Okay, I just lost my entire post somehow :th_crying:

Here's what I've melted the last few days...

Fall Festival /Honey Buttered Rolls from a CF friend. Thank you! This was spicy and yummy.

CFTKR Cotton Candy Party Cake... Yummy and long lasting

RG Lavender Coconut Peppermint... Soothing

SGA Hello Lover Birthday Cake Zucchini... Nice blend

FP Donut Shop... a favorite

CFTKR Mango Mojito... light scent

Right now, I have another melt from a CF buddy... Her Shaving Cream from Wonderberry

Have a great night

Susan, I was cold sniffing that one this morning, wondering it I would like it better melting... [smilie=th_confused3]

I had the house to myself today so I launched into some deep cleaning. Remember what a big deal Spring Cleaning used to be? So, scents going in every room to help me out. [smilie=th_shewiggle] Here are some:

Dining room - CFTKR - Green Tea Elation

Kitchen - Cheryl's - Huckleberry

Bath - Blue Skies, vendor not on the label

Bedroom - Blueberry Pumpkin Candle - B&BW

[smilie=th_76d65c2f] Morn everyone. Melting today: The Secret Window by L3.

Debra, I glad I tried the orange blossom and oak, just not for me, I really could smell the oak more than the orange.

Well good morning ladies,

It may actually be warming up in Ohio. I have just taken my big guy, Montgomery, out for a stroll while it is still cool out. He is happiest when the weather is around freezing. However, I must say that I am glad to feel the warmth of the sun. [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Honeybear - I'm glad your DD#1 is visiting for a few days, how fabulous!! I hope you have a wonderful time together.

Maggie - that Zeep loaf sounds excellent, I didn't know Ashley even made loaves! I'm with you on not wanting to pour out wax that's going strong...but some of these really have staying power...*tapping foot*

I'm tickled how many of us love that FP Cactus Sea Air - Maggie, Honeybear, mpfand - [smilie=th_ef7d03c7] isn't it gorgeous? I seem to be loving most of the sea air blends...that's a beautiful scent. And the cactus...it's right on. I was making cactus smoothies there for awhile and to me that scent is accurate.

Aria, sorry you had to retype your post - that happens to me occasionally and it's not a happy moment. [smilie=th_c53] That's a lot of good-sounding melts you have there - what did you think about the Wonderberry Shaving Cream?

Susan, agree with you on that oak blend...normally I like the woody smells but not sure why that one didn't work.

Debra, I salute you on the spring cleaning [smilie=th_allah] and that was my intention today as well. I got started last week but faltered. Thank you, you are my inspiration! And it is indeed an excuse to fire up more melters. [smilie=th_ahaaha]

Well, I got my pumpkin fix yesterday - the SGA Sweet Pumpkin was a little too sweet for me but I think it was just jarring with all the flowers blooming outside, too wrong for the season.

So I moved on to:

FP Momma's Blueberry Cobbler - absolutely gorgeous and still going strong 12 hours later, makes me want to bake.

FP Marshmallow Peppermint Twist, one of my favorites but wow, I only used half a grubby tart and it's blowing us out of the house, amazingly strong.

As soon as these fade (someday....) I have that hankering for sea air...but will it be lavender or cactus.... :sCo_hmmthink:

Have a lovely day!

Michele - thinking of you - [smilie=th_cuddle-1]

AmyJo

Hi again, add a couple of things this morn. Banana Pudding Pop by Flaming Star, this at least 4 year old, on the lighter side which is fine.

Votive: Guava Coconut Fussion by YC, grapefruit, guava, mango blossom and coconut.

Also an update - I couldn't get Maggie's lavender sea air out of my mind - the power of suggestion - so I went with the CFOW Salted Sea Air Sampler. There are no words. Magnificent, five variants, each in its own warmer, just gorgeous scents. Spring Cleaning is underway. Now I need a beach.

AmyJo

I want to jump on the Cactus and Sea Salt bus! [smilie=th_LOVE]

AmyJo - I am intrigued by your cactus smoothies. What goes into them?

A little serendipity...I woke up to a text from DS telling me he had just arrived in Austria. (A vacation in Europe after tax season!)

Anywhoooo...I went to pick my morning melt and did a reach and grab in my VCS drawer. No peeking, I promise - and the one I pulled out was Maria Von Trapp's Austrian Escape! Ha! (It is a citrus blend.) [smilie=yes]

Happy Monday lol

We finally got spring weather here this weekend! I spent a good majority of time outside in the yard, walking Ozzy and even took a bike ride with DS#2! DH was working out of town and should be home tomorrow.

Amyjo, I really liked Her Shaving Cream from Wonderberry! It was much sweeter than plain shaving cream. For me, I like shaving cream in fruity blends rather than straight up if that makes sense. I have a Strawberry Mint Shaving Cream loaf from SGA that is good, but I always throw in some extra fruity wax with it because the shaving cream note is so dominant. BTW, FP Mommas Blueberry Cobbler is my all time favorite blueberry scent ever!

Yesterday I melted FP Peony which is a beautiful floral...perfect for the lovely weather we had!

Right now, it's VRC Wildberry Zucchini Maple Donuts... To die For! Thank you CF friend!

Off to the grocery store... the boys have nearly eaten every morsel of food in the house.

Morn everyone. Melting today: Go by Handmadeprim: cucumber, mint & cranberry, smell the mint. This was an etsy company, she is no longer on there but has her own web site I think.

Sea Salt & Caramel bydinkdesign also etsy no longer in business.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning ladies and I second that Happy Monday, [smilie=th_shout]

Finally warming up, maybe this time it means it. Thanks to Debra's good example, I made a big dent in the spring cleaning around here yesterday, complete with Sea Air variants in every room. [smilie=th_thank_you] I started with the CFOW sampler and moved into the FP Cactus and Sea Air and it was heavenly. It was so effective that I thought about having some sand trucked in, but that would negate the spring cleaning so I decided against it.

I still have to do baseboards...maybe this is TMI [smilie=th_Whistle] but the Pyrenees is a slime machine and when he shakes his head...I may need a putty knife for some of it ...

Debra! I love that you *randomly* pulled out the Austrian blend at the same time as your son arrived in Austria - how the threads of our lives are woven together... [smilie=th_LOVE]

Also, Debra - you asked about that cactus smoothie - it's very light and tasty. The part that takes a few minutes is to remove the cactus spines. You just use 1-2 diced cactus paddles (nopales), maybe 1 cup of pineapple, 1/2 cup of orange juice, a handful of parsley, and maybe a bit of water if it's too thick. Blend, that's it!

Aria, thank you for the info on that Wonderberry Her Shaving Cream! I really like the shaving cream blends but I get what you're saying that they might need a bit of sweetening up sometimes so I will check that one out. And yes - that FP Momma's Blueberry Cobbler was heavenly and I let it go until it didn't smell anymore, which for FP takes a long time. A perfect scent.

Maggie - how was the Zeep loaf? *details please* I didn't see that on her website at all - it was part of the mystery box?

Well, I reluctantly changed out all the fading sea air scents this morning after letting them run all night. Today is a bakery day:

Two melters, opposite ends of house: FP 12-Karrot Cake - very authentic and tasty, carroty, just a hint of sweetness

Kitchen - CFOW Say it With Flours - baked bread, nice, on the lighter side

Bathroom - ScentSationals Cupcake - light, pleasant, with kind of that artificial vanilla icing scent

Back bedroom office - Zeep Boulangerie, almondy, one of my most favorite scents. Has been curing for at least two months and I keep hoping it will get stronger because I looooooove this so much.

Everything seems light to me this morning so maybe I blew out my nose with all the sea air yesterday. [smilie=th_pardon]

Have a wonderful day!

AmyJo

Morning, ladies! The_Hi.gif It's rainy here and will be for the next day or so. I'm looking forward to sun the end of this week. Just got back form a four day trip to CA to see my best friend for her bday and family.

Today I'm melting Whipped Cream Lattes from SGA. th_drool33456183iw4.gif

Hope you all are having an amazing day! th_00000020.gif

AmyJo, that cactus smoothie sounds really good!

Cleaning day here so I went with Citrus Linen H2O from Front Porch.

[smilie=th_e16] All! [smilie=The_Hi]

Welcome back Biolaeagles....hope you had loads of fun! [smilie=th_yay]

AmyJo...Sweetheart reminds me of the Serendipity fragrance with a twist. Do you know that one? This has: Coconut, cherry, orange, lemon, vanilla and pink sugar. I'm not a huge Serendipity lover but I liked this one! It's a pretty old

Loaf....a little over a year but I had it in the "Summer Inventory" Box in my Magical Closet! It's magical because the tarts reproduce in there. [smilie=th_OMG] I don't know how that happens!

Aria...glad you finally got a spring day! I hope it sticks around!

Debra....wow! I love when coincidences like that happen! I hope your DS has a wonderful time on his vacay!

It's Barbershop 1920's Blue Sugar by CFOW upstairs

And downstairs it's gifties from a few lovely pals...

Homemade Strawberry Cheesecake...❤️

Rosegirls Metal Mario...❤️

Wonderberry Fairy Bread...❤️

Thank you!!

Thanks, AmyJo - I have never attempted removing cactus spines! Sounds like it could be ouchy! [smilie=th_yellow5]

Susan, I seem to have a bunch of OOB vendors that were not around for very long.

Biolaeagles, what a fun time!

It is supposed to be 80 degrees this week! Then back to rain for the weekend. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Tonight it is a Shaving Cream here too - L3 - Sweeny Todd. A blend with Blue Sugar, Vanilla Patchouli and SC. :sHa_thumbgoodjob:

Good morning all!

Happy birthday Honeybear!! [smilie=th_8d1933ff] I hope you have a beautiful, sweet-smelling day!

Getting ready for a short trip for work and packing some waxies and B&B to fight the homesickness, LOL. But which ones to take when there are so many lovelies? Decisions, decisions... :wacko:

Biolaeagles, it sounds like a great trip to California! And that latte scent sounds divine...I feel a coffee theme coming on...

Maggie, you are making me laugh - the Magic Closet!! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] Isn't it amazing how wax reproduces when we're not looking? I have a CD cupboard that has the same thing happening...what goes on behind closed doors.... As for Serendipity, for as much as I love scent, I don't know the fine fragrances too much. I get overwhelmed in the perfume section of a store with the ladies trying to spray me with things. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_fluc That loaf sounds fruity and lovely. I remember seeing Sweetheart something around Valentines Day on the Zeep website but I didn't order it (one of the few waxies from Zeep I haven't ordered....) [smilie=th_paper-bag]

Debra, you can buy cactus with the spines already removed. But it's easy to do. You just lay them flat on a cutting board and since the spines are coming out of little protrusions, you slide your knife slowly across the surface and remove all of the little bumps, spines and all. And yes I do wear gloves when I'm doing this! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

For those of you who love earthy scents, you might try CFOW's Moon Cakes - I now have a full basket of these and they are so pretty and smell amazing. Eye and nose candy.

I have put myself on a wax shopping ban. Time to "shop my stash." I have so many beautiful melts but they do seem to reproduce in the night. Now the trick will be to stay away from the restocks...oh, but surely I can just look... [smilie=th_cha40]

Well yesterday afternoon I switched from the bakery scents to something fruity and these were heavenly:

FP Macarons - Cherry Slush / Black Cherry Bomb / Cherry Blondie, triple layered. Wow, just gorgeous and all kinds of throw as usual for FP.

I let that run all night.

This morning while I'm packing it's a laundry theme:

Kitchen: Zeep Laundry Day in Marseilles

Bedrooom: CFOW Sweet Sheets (blue sugar, pink sugar, fresh laundry - sweet and lovely)

Back bedroom/office: Zeep Beach Towels (love this - lemongrass, coconut, and fresh sheets - beautiful)

Have a lovely day all!

AmyJo

Morn ladies. Melting today: Hugs & Kisses by K's: Lavender,lovespell, red berries, creamy coconut. Beautiful

Strawberry Lemonade by Kringle

Happy Birthday Honeybear [smilie=th_a056]

(I'm supposed to be taking a nap before we go out tonight with DH. ????)

Thank you for the birthday wishes, AmyJo, Maggie, and Debra! ????

Having a great day with DD#1. We've got goodies from Lush and Yankee. Yay!! ????On my birthday, I buy for all three of us girls. ???? Finally got the Chocolate Cake candle, Susan...amongst other things. Hehe

ST Nova Prime ~ Blackberry Lemon Cream ~ one of my faves ????

ST Magically Delicious mixed with SB Cotton Candy Birthday Smoothie

PL Mango Tangerine

FP Pink Lovespell and CCCC Passionafe Kisses ~ gifts from a sweet CF friend ~ Thanks!

Thinking of you, Michele. ????

Good evening, ladies! The_Hi.gif

th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7ddd90b43762af4c.gif to our sweet friend, Honeybear! So glad you had a nice time with your DDs and got some yummy goodies. th_pardon.gif I have that Chocolate Cake candle in my closet, too. Smells good on cold sniff! Will have to light it up. yes.gif

Maggie, thanks! It was such a nice trip out. It was hard coming back. th_cry2yw3.gif

AmyJo, those macarons sound delicious!

Aria, beautiful! We have cloudy weather and some rain up until Friday. I'm really missing the sunny CA weather. I actually like wintery weather, but prefer snow to rain.

Today I melted Marshmallow Campfire from Dessa's. th_drool33456183iw4.gif