The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

April's Amazing Aromas

Greetings All...thanks so much for the sweet birthday wishes for my DD!

Spent the last two days in the city with my childhood friends. One lives right across the tunnel so it's so convenient...had lots of fun. :)

Michele...I'm sorry your mom is still unwell. I hope each day is a little better for her and she has much more good days than bad. It's so hard to see our parents getting older. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Mpfand...I'm sorry that your Grandmother had a difficult Easter. I'm sure it's tiring for her to have a change in her day even when it's a good thing. [smilie=th_empathy]

Honeybear...there's only so much you can do with the move and all the construction. Hopefully things will settle down soon for poor little Zoe! [smilie=th_catkiss]

Debra...yes! We sure do have that book! I think they've published over a hundred of the Berenstain Bear books and we've got at least half of them!! It's probably time to donate.... [smilie=th_200912104451]

AmyJo...Safe travels to you....and I hope you get good results with those meds for Montgomery. [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

I'm sitting in a wonderful cloud of scent right now... [smilie=cloud_9]

Blueberry Friendship Bread by Nancys

Homemade Blackberry Scone Zucchini from a sweet CF pal... [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Front Porch's Blueberry Marshmallow Ice Cream from another sweet CF pal... [smilie=th_LOVE]

Thanks!

Have a good one. ;)

Good evening ladies,

I hope everyone is well. I'm going home tomorrow night [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr and am ecstatic, especially since the work this week has gone very well.

Maggie, isn't it amazing to spend time with childhood friends? - and it's lovely that you live so close. I envy you your proximity to NYC - we lived there for 6 years long ago and I enjoyed it greatly.

Honeybear, I hope that Zoe is feeling better, but I can tell you that Clementine always flees under the bed when someone visits, even on the best of days....maybe we have extra shy girls. [smilie=th_smiley_doorpeek]

Mpfand, I'm very sorry about your grandma. Watching our loved ones get older is just so tough. I'm sending you hugs! [smilie=th_cuddle-1]

Debra, this year we have a major project in northern Ohio and so yes, I've been coming pretty much every week for the last month and will continue for a few more weeks. This is not typical - normally I go a variety of places but this one is intensive! My work is in industrial safety so I spend most of my time crawling around various machines. That's why I need my fixes of sweet smells and good B&B to take care of my feminine side. [smilie=th_hema1]

Maggie, we must have been on the same blueberry wavelength today - I cracked up when I read your scents of the day - [smilie=th_giggle] . I am so in love with that FP Blueberry Marshmallow Ice Cream that I reverted to my old trick of taking a melt to work with me, in my pocket. I did wrap it in a bit of plastic film (I know, this is a no-no, but I was desperate...). Throughout the day, I could smell it wafting up to my nose, and when I really needed a fix, I just brought it out and cold sniffed it. Truly, this is junkie behavior, but it helped me! [smilie=th_pardon]

Tonight I have come in so late that I am going straight to bed - I may take a cube of Push Pop with me for under my pillow. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] I hope you all have a restful night.

AmyJo

Good morning

Still waiting for spring to show up here [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Melting VCS God Bless America - apple pie vanilla ice cream

Just finished my daily torture so at least that's out of the way. FYI... referring to exercise! I call it torture. But gotta keep up with it! Keeps me young and flexible. [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Have a great weekend everyone.

Good morning :)

DH took the first plunge in the pool yesterday. Still a little too cool for me, but it won't be long!

Melting Slice of Paradise from Zeep.

Hi everyone. melting today: Serene Spring: Bartlett Pear, White Tea and Ginger by New Moon, love this

Orange Blossom Oak by BHG.

Have a great day.

[smilie=th_hello]

AmyJo ~ I like the way your mind works. Sometimes I bring a box of tarts to sniff while we watch TV. [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] Not to add to your list of vendors, but Southbound has really good room sprays and I spray my pillow most nights with something. My favorite now is something with lavender. [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

That Blueberry Marshmallow Ice Cream has me drooling

I actually checked out Front Porch last week, but didn't find samplers I liked. So...I moseyed on over to a new-to-me vendor, CFOW, thanks to Maggie. [smilie=thank_you] I did some damage. [smilie=th_ee29]

ST Cat Woman ~ Sweet Milk, Vanilla Wafers, Wildberry Mousse ~ Really good!

PL Fresh Citrus Nectar

? Blackberry Sage ~ gifted from a CF sweetie [smilie=th_teks0311] I can't remember the vendor name and I threw out the wrapper already. This one is really rocking it out!

Susan ~ Speaking of Yankee, got a coupon in the mail for buy one, get two free. Just might have to get that Chocolate Cake!

Have a good day!

Good Afternoon!

Yes Amy Jo....I am a big blueberry lover and that scent was magnificent! I love how FP last longer than most other vendors...finally changing it now.

Honeybear... [smilie=th_23_32_7] I've got some CFOW on its way now....can't wait. Whatcha get?

Aria....torture? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Mpfand...yay! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr Pools open!! Lucky!!

It's Golden Gift by Ramble On Wax... Lemon curd, coconut milk, butter, piecrust, vanilla sugar, toasted marshmallows, fizzy soda. [smilie=th_c032]

Have a good one. :)

I have to say I am also guilty of linen spraying pillows!

I am watching "Gifted" tonight. Sheesh. Tissue. Where is the box of Tissue? [smilie=th_smiley-crying]

Tonight it is TCC Toasted Apple Cake. Wowie is this one yummy!

Good morning all!

I'm HOME and it feels so good. [smilie=cloud_9]

Easy 3 hour drive home interrupted by a stop at the office. So good to see DH and the furry crew.

There is SNOW on the ground again this morning [smilie=th_butbutbut] and I would really prefer to be diving into Mpfand's pool (I'm enjoying your pool vicariously!).

I'm tickled to see that my CF friends need scent fixes in multiple forms like I do. [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] Honeybear, I absolutely love that you cold sniff a basket of tarts while you're watching TV, because I do this same thing while driving in the car. And I believe you, Debra and Aria have all mentioned fabric/room sprays, and I've ordered a few of those as well. I've been spraying my pillows and this is heavenly.

Today is a day of rest and in a while I will venture out to the [smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare] . We are in the country with a small septic system so I opted not to have a washer and dryer in the house. There is a spotless laundry nearby and I enjoy getting it all done all at once.

So, in that spirit, I'm melting Laundry Day in Marseilles by Zeep and this one is quite strong (who warned me about that? I think it was Maggie) but I love it - laundry, fresh cut grass, and sweet pea.

I am on a mission to recreate a scent. I love CFOW's Carnival by the Sea, which was given to me by a sweet CF friend - but it is out of stock on their website. So I am going to try a home blend of Sea Spray Linen (BH&G), Vanilla Bean (BBW), and Not Your Mama's Waffles (Zeep). I will give a full report later.

Mpfand - I see you were melting Zeep's Slice of Paradise - so you cut into that big gorgeous melt! What did you think about the scent?

Have a good Saturday everyone!

AmyJo

Morn. Melting today: The secret window: spring breeze, apple and teddy's tulips by L3. My order from CFOW came yesterday, I got the mystery box, looks good.

Happy Saturday! :D

Current melts...

FP Lemon Poppyseed...so so good. [smilie=th_LOVE] This has been a favorite for years.

RG Black Cherry Gilligan's Brew...really nice and the cherry doesn't overpower. :wub:

cookielady, enjoy your CFOW! I haven't ordered from her in a few years but always loved her blends. Is the wax still on the soft side?

Amyjo, glad you are home! My DH travels quite often for work. We've been married for almost 20 years and he's had to go on the road since the beginning. I truly believe that absence makes the heart grow fonder! [smilie=th_0b464f69745090d9d8a0f

debra, Toasted Apple Cake sounds yummy. I love apple scents!!! [smilie=th_yay]

Maggie, girlfriend, another vendor I've not heard of! That scent is quite the combo... was it Strong? I love walking and riding my bike but sit ups, leg lifts, jumping jacks etc. is torture to me, sure hope it's doing me some good! [smilie=th_pardon]

honeybear, just think of all the calories you don't consume by sniffing wax while you watch TV instead of snacking! [smilie=th_popcorm1]

mpfand, high of 36 degrees here today... sure wish we had pool weather like you. [smilie=th_yeahthat]

At least it's sunny out, so I will bundle up and take Ozzy for his walk. Easily my favorite part of the day. [smilie=th_200912104451] Ozzy's too!!

Trying to talk myself out of the SGA restock today!! [smilie=th_cha40]

AmyJo, my Slice of Paradise was a waffle bar, but I do have one of those gorgeous pie slices in Party Doll. Can't quite make myself slice into it just yet. ;) The scent was nice, but didn't last very long. I can't believe you have more snow!? :o You are more than welcome to come for a dip in our pool! :D

DH and I worked outside almost all day yesterday getting the backyard spruced up. We got a gas fire pit, a new rug for one of the seating areas and some new flower pots. I'm looking forward to spending lots of time out there! [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Melting Banana Nut Bread from Fox Willow.

Have a nice day, everyone. B)

Hello all, reporting back in - [smilie=th_hello]

The scent experiment was a happy success. It is almost - not quite, but almost - as good as CFOW's Carnival by the Sea. I played with it for a bit and had to pull back on the amount of BH&G Sea Spray Linen because, as usual, their scents are so powerful. I upped the Zeep Waffle and the BBW Vanilla Bean (both luscious) and tada! I'm on the boardwalk with a funnel cake and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I currently have this going in two warmers because it smells pretty darn good. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Susan, enjoy that CFOW Mystery Box! What's in it? *details please*

Mpfand, you are too kind, I will be right over with my towel and sunscreen. [smilie=th_bb24] I finally cut into that Party Doll and the scent lasted for about 24 hours. It grieved me to do it, though. I liked the Slice of Paradise also, so tropical!

Aria, I agree with you - absence does make the heart grow fonder. [smilie=iagree] 20 years is a long time for your DH to have been traveling - I give him credit. And oh! how could I forget that today was the SGA restock?? I'm so glad you mentioned it...the power of suggestion...and I a remembered that you said they had a sea air chunky...so yes! I have ordered Jack the Clipper and another item, and I have you to thank. [smilie=thank_you] Best of all - I forgot I had a credit on my PayPal so I only ended up paying a bit over three dollars. [smilie=th_th3de3a8c4]

Laundry is done...DH is at a music rehearsal...so Montgomery the White Beast, Her Catness Clementine and I are all settling down for a winter's nap, in honor of the snow.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

AmyJo

Evening everyone. If April showers bring May flowers, what does April snow showers bring?

Amyjo the mystery box from cfow has different shapes and sizes of different scents. She but a tiki guy in the box, it wasn't label but it a fruity scent. It will be awhile before I melt anything I have so much wax, still using wax from 2016 & 2017. Have a great evening. Snow go away lol.

Good Evening all...really enjoyed reading the updates today!

Susan....snow? Wow!! We haven't gotten the snow predicted here...and I'm not complaining. Enjoy that CFOW!

AmyJo...hurray for being able to recreate that scent! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] Did you happen to email Michele about restocking it? Oftentimes, vendors are very eager to take requests and Michele from CFOW has done it for me before. I mentioned looking for a Salty Sea Air Sampler and she made it. :) She's a sweetie! And yes...I'm the guilty party regarding that strong Zeep scent.. although Laundry Day in Marseilles is a goodie!

Mpfand....wow! Your outdoor area sounds AMAZING! [smilie=th_aa17] I'm sure you will enjoy it a lot!!

Aria...lol....I was drawn to Ramble On because it's all classics rock references....my kind of thing...lol. Everything I've melted has been strong....however, that one from yesterday was only a mild scent. I must admit that today's scent isn't strong either and it's LSC which is notoriously strong...so maybe I'm having a sniffin issue or my house is sucking up all the scent. Lol. And [smilie=th_aa20] with the exercise...but if I did a jumping jack I think my legs would crack off and fall on the floor. ;)

Debra....oh dear....a box of tissues movie? Ok....I'm in....I'll rent it! :crysmiley1:

You guys are cracking me up with the "absence makes the heart grow fonder" references.....I wish I had some absence so my heart could [smilie=th_smilies-2] ....lol...I've got the opposite happening here. Constantly underfoot and [smilie=th_m4t3zo4] ....just joking..... [smilie=th_tease-1]

I also placed a BIG order over on SGA....oh dear. [smilie=th_paper-bag]

It's LSC Cider Dipped Donuts...this is the brittle...not much scent at all. Not sure why. It may be me. I'll probably try something else soon.

Have a great evening.

Susan, I think April snow brings cranky people! [smilie=th_giggle]

Mpfand - I can picture your pool area - it sounds like a good place to spend your 80+ degrees!

Maggie, I am also having trouble smelling my scents - it seems once the seasons change so does my airflow. Now they are heading up to the guest bedroom where no one gets to appreciate them!

AmyJo - good work on your "custom" scent! [smilie=th_yahoo]

So here is my new question for you - if you order from a new vendor, and you get the order and it really does not impress you, maybe even seems like a dud - do you: toss them, put them away and forget about them, or melt them up really quick hoping for a surprise? [smilie=th_c032]

Tonight - CBV - Al Tori. Smells like a melon, fruity blend.

Morn ladies. Melting today: Iced Lemon Sugar Cookie by Scentsationals.

Debra [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] I would say I was a little cranky, it didn't stick too warm the day before.

I bought a sampler it seemed ok, the samples were wonderful. So I let it cure for a couple of weeks and get nothing. I don't like to pitch out wax, so I left it for 1 year and it did much better. Decided not to order from there again. I also was in their fb group and left.

Good morning ladies! The snow has melted and the sun is out! [smilie=th_excited-1]

Maggie, I am in your debt! [smilie=th_allah] I emailed Michele from CFOW as you suggested and she answered immediately - the planets truly had all aligned, because she was already going to place Carnival By the Sea and the Salty Sea Sampler on the website LAST EVENING. How amazing is that? :sSc_faint: So I ordered both and soon I will be sailing the seven seas. Thank you, I don't know her yet and wouldn't have emailed her! [smilie=th_aa21]

I'm still cracking up over your comments about lack of absence to make the heart grow fonder... [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] I'm with you - too much togetherness causes even more crankiness than snow! [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

Debra, that's a great question...I haven't been melting nearly as long as the rest of you...but I did bring a major dud home one time. I purchased some melts from a vendor I normally love for other things like lip balm. I was on an almond campaign and the scent was supposed to be almond/vanilla. But it wasn't...at least to me, it didn't smell like either of those things and was nauseatingly strong. I tried twice to melt it, thinking my nose was off, but finally I made myself toss it because I could smell it from a room away, even cold and closed up. [smilie=th_sign0164] As for weak scents, I'm holding quite a few things that I think will benefit from more curing time. Normally I wouldn't toss something so quickly.

I think I've bought rather a lot of wax and B&B this last month...and next weekend is the Zeep restock with beautiful new melts... :ssshopping:

Forgot to say what I was melting. :sFun_blahblah: The sea air one finally faded, so this morning it's YC's new melts in Apricot Rose. [smilie=th_hema1]

Have a good Sunday all!

AmyJo

Hi Everybody!

Sorry I have been out of the loop lately. Too much going on.

Thanks for all the kind words regarding my mom. Unfortunately things haven’t been going so well and hospice has been mentioned to us. Just trying to set up a few meetings with doctors this week and then we will make our decision.

I had a sample of CFOW wax from a sweet CF friend and loved it. What’s that stand for? I need to take a peek.

Melting today SGA Tea and Cakes Roses and Cream Noel. Really nice scent.

DH is home. He went to see the Bruce Sprinsteen play with my oldest DD last night and said it was wonderful.

Where did you live in NYC AmyJo? Did you live in Manhattan or one of the other boroughs?

Maggie-I live near my childhood friends too. Glad you had a nice time with them.

Aria-Did you cave for the SGA restock ? I had a list but only got 3 of the scents I wanted because I didn’t get there when the site opened.

Have a great day everyone!

Michele, I'm so sorry about your mom. [smilie=th_empathy] .

AmyJo, enjoy the sunshine! B)

Melting White Nectarine from Living Colors.

Good Sunday!

Michele...I'm so sorry that your Mom doesn't seem to be getting better. I hope that whatever you decide...the hospital is able to make her more comfortable. I know this must be very difficult for you and you are all in my prayers.

Yay AmyJo!! Always happy to enable here...lol! Glad you'll have your fix of SSA blends! :)

Debra...thanks for your input regarding lack of scent!! :sHa_okay: Although I've been melting for ages, I always get befuddled when my scents disappear....so unproductive. I hope it doesn't last long...I also just realized that I moved a warmer about 7 feet from where it was. It went from a spot that flows between rooms to a back corner in the living room. I love the new spot and the old one is very crowded and difficult to reach but I may need to change it back again.

When I get a not so good delivery from a place I've never ordered before I always put it away for a while. I'd never throw it out right away and I doubt I'd melt more than a few if they're not what I expected. It has happened to me and sometimes I end up liking it after I find it once again.

It's Zeep Not Your Mamas Waffles from a sweet pal...thank you, it's yummy!

And Homemade Apple Pumpkin Strudel from a sweet pal....thank you, it's delicious!

And Apple Barn by Vintage Road Candles

And upstairs it's Christian & Satine by Melted Confections

Burning Goose Creek Beach House

Oh, and CFOW is Closet Full Of Wax.

Have a good evening.

Good evening!

I should say when I get an order that looks like it will be a dud, I tend to melt through it pretty quickly. Generally those are the ones that are all crumbly or they are soy that has bloomed and has the white frosty stuff. I guess I figure that curing these won't save them! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

I hope all goes well with your mom and the decisions you need to make, Michele. Hospice was a blessing for us in terms of just providing things our family member needed that we were not aware of.

So now you guys have me looking at CFOW's website again. This gal does not need any more wax! [smilie=th_butbutbut]

Tonight - Cherry on Top / Galaxy.

Good morning all!

We have a blanket of snow again this morning [smilie=th_autumboy] and I have decided to embrace it! In that spirit, I have Zeep's Christmas Tree in two different warmers. Soon I will start baking sugar cookies and wrapping presents. It's a winter wonderland! [smilie=th_shout]

Michele - I am so, so sorry that your mom's health is not improving. I am keeping you in my prayers. Hospice was a blessing for us with my mother, both for their gentle care of her and also because they allowed us to get some rest - remember to take care of yourself too.

Debra and Maggie, thank you for helping me to remember that different air currents in the house would of course affect scent - we downsized two years ago to a small ranch home and I am usually trying to move the warmers where they will carry a little but not overpower us. I don't have it quite figured out all the time. [smilie=th_idontknow]

Michele, you asked about our NYC experience - this was 1983-89, so a few years back. We lived for two years in Flushing, Queens, and then this country girl couldn't take the crowded city anymore and we moved out to Hauppauge, Long Island. In both cases, we lived in small apartments and I loved both places for different reasons. After our son was born in '88, we decided to move back to Ohio to be closer to family and for lower cost of living. I think it was a good decision but I still cherish the memories of those years.

This Christmas Tree scent is beautiful but pretty strong. I think I'll put on my snow clothes and try some :smileysnowangel: !

Have a good Monday all,

AmyJo