The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

MaggieMae

Mighty Melts of March

Hi friends

We're getting a light dusting of snow and it's pretty darn cold. I feel a little bit run down today. Think I'm coming down with a wee cold. [smilie=th_Cry]

My new bird feeders are a hit all of the sudden... lots of birdies which our cat, Tiger loves watching. I even put out the finch feeder and tons of finches and black-eyed juncos have been feasting. They're all so cute. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Melting Carnival Treats from VRC...came in a fall sampler I ordered. Really like this vendor. I also put a cube of Knave of Hearts from TBG in the laundry /mudroom. It's got strawberry in it not sure what else.

Well I tossed a bunch of wax from OPT that I got late last summer. It was a bunch of 4-packs that I just couldn't get to throw at all. I tried different melters and Nada. None of them really had any scent on cold sniff either. [smilie=th_u51] So disappointed... would not order from there again.

I mainly store my wax by vendor...RG, VCS, FP and SGA mainly. I also keep Christmas scents separate since I only melt those seasonally. I have baskets and a few shoe box size plastic totes that do the job nicely. I've been dedicated to keeping my stash manageable and have succeeded. I seriously cringe if I have too much wax. I keep a small stash of candles in our basement. Lately I've been burning candles... Love the glow and flicker! [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

Last night I was trying to remember name of some old vendors that are now oob... Texas Charm was a favorite when I first started buying tarts. I also remember LOL, Candle Haven, Busy Bee, Mookie Doodle, Blue Gecko, Angel Scented, Texas Scentsation, Country Chunkie, Cottage Hill Creations, Bella's, Almost Country... I know I'm forgetting some more. There was a gal who used to sell on eBay and had fantastic wax but I can't remember the name...soy blend with cute shapes. There was also another who had the longest scent list I've ever seen... she may actually still be in business. I just cannot remember the name. She had a scent called Cafe Amore that was tdf. Yummy coffee scent. I know someone here must remember the name... Help! [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Good Morning :)

AmyJo ~ I'll bet you are in scent heaven! [smilie=th_200912104451] I think my Zeep Spring B&B Sampler is coming today. Yay!

Aria ~ I remember a few of those you named. I used to like LOL, but they really screwed up my last order. I guess they were on the downslope! [smilie=th_sign0164]

ST Thanos ~ Herbal lavender buds and whipped cream

Zeep Sideburn ~ Shaving cream, rich tobacco, and a hint of creamy caramel ~ Put this on for DH last night to cheer him up since he had a crappy day

Stay safe in the cold and icy weather! I hate to say it, but I think it's supposed to be in the 80s here today. [smilie=th_pardon]

Aria, I also remember Dream Tarts, Bissy's, HOT, Newman Lake, Candle Dippers, HHS, Angie's, Grazia's Aroma Soy, Grumpy Girl, and now Crosscreek and Can-Do...I am sure there are even more!

I am trying to type with a kitty that wants to sit on the keyboard. She wasn't interested in it until I sat down and started using it. [smilie=th_huganimal] She is being cute, but it is hard to type.

Tonight it is Lemon Lime Fizz - Crabby's.

Hello all and [smilie=th_bb20]

So tomorrow night is Daylight Savings Time already in the US and it seems really soon for that. [smilie=th_cha60] It will be darker in the morning but at least every day there are more minutes of daylight now. It will all even out.

Michele, I'm sorry you've had all that ice and downed trees. I know it's Nature's way of thinning and pruning but I still hate to see a tree come down.

Susan, I love Limoncello, bet that smells wonderful.

Aria, I hope you're feeling better. Your bird feeders sound fabulous. I have two suet feeders and they draw many woodpeckers, nuthatches, and of course the flying squirrels by night. [smilie=superman]

Honeybear, the icon you chose completely shows how I am feeling about all these new Zeep scents! How do you like that Sideburn you got for your DH (very sweet of you, btw)? I'm really enjoying the Boulangerie. Ashley sent a sample of Wonderland and to me this smells like Volcano (the Anthropologie scent), extremely strong. I haven't brought myself to cut into some of the cuter shapes yet. Did you get your B&B box yesterday? Details please!!

Debra, you made me laugh about your cat walking on your keyboard. Our cat sleeps with us but she is not allowed by my desk - for the same reason.

Well folks, enjoy your Friday. This morning I'm still melting Boulangerie from Zeep because it smells like almonds and this is one of my favorite scents of all. [smilie=th_LOVE]

AmyJo

Susan, the name Truffle always makes me think of chocolate...not a scent I appreciate! <_>

AmyJo - I did not realize that flying squirrels did their thing at night! Do you ever see them flying during the day? I have never seen the flying type!

Today - Bergamot Spice - TDC. [smilie=cloud_9]

AmyJo ~ Yes, I did get my Zeep Spring B&B box. Everything smells yummy! The Drops of Sunshine Sugar Whip smells good enough to eat...like a lemon meringue pie. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] And the Spring Fling Body Spray is such a beautiful scent with good staying power. Looking forward to using all of these goodies.

Debra ~ One of our kitties, Lila, insists on sleeping in sinks. She is the one who had ringworm when we got her last year as a kitten. She needed lots of miconazole baths and lime sulfer dips. You'd think she would hate water! [smilie=th_roll]

Susan ~ I'm not that fond of chocolate scents either. The other day I melted a TCC Gooey Chocolate Sugar Cookie and had to turn it off. I could swear I smelled it for a couple of days later even when I had thrown it away.

RG Florida Key Lime Pie Marshmallow Smoothie

Homemade Cactus & Sea Salt

Getting ready to go to Albuquerque tomorrow for the girls' birthdays. So excited! [smilie=th_yay] DD#2 will be 21 on Sunday and DD#1 will be 23 on Tuesday. Then DD#2 and I will fly back here to Arizona early Wednesday so she can spend the remainder of Spring Break here with us. I miss my girls more than I can even say.

NMHoneybeat-So glad you are getting to spend time with your girls. Tuesday is my birthday too. Happy Birthday to both of them!!

I must be in the minority here but sometimes I do enjoy a chocolate scent.

My sister and brother in law are staying with me. They live in NJ not far from me but they got 18 inches of snow and many downed trees and wires. Their power might not be restored until next Wednesday.

I’m going bridal gown shopping with my very close friend and her DD tomorrow. My youngest DD is the maid of honor. Looking forward to it.

Aria-Lucky you are keeping your wax manageable. I have been on a buying binge lately and have officially run out of room to store it all. Maybe I will be able to control myself now. I remember many of those vendors and could probably come up with some of their wax downstairs. I store my old wax down there and bring up bits at a time to try to melt.

Melts since yesterday have been all SGA-

Banana Moon PIe

Gidget’s Beach Party

Sweet Lavender Cotton Candy Marshmallow

Good night all!!

Aria, hope you're feeling better!

Michele, sounds like a fun shopping trip. :ssshopping: Enjoy the day!

Happy birthday to your DD's, Honeybear! [smilie=party] Our kids are almost exactly the same age. My DS will be 23 the end of April and my DD will be 21 in September. I'm glad you get to be with them both for their birthdays!

Melting Cookie Cakery from Zeep.

Good Morning :)

Michele ~ [smilie=th_1819] early to you! I forgot you had the same birthday as my DD#1. Hope you have something special planned. [smilie=th_a194]

I also do enjoy chocolate scents here and there, but for some reason, this last one got to me.

Mpfand ~ Yes! Looks like we were pregnant at the same time all those years ago! Oh, how I miss that time. I loved being pregnant. :wub:

How is the Cookie Cakery? I have that one, but haven't melted it yet.

Aria ~ Feel better!

Maggie ~ I hope you're enjoying your time with your girls home and that you aren't in the midst of a power outage. [smilie=th_fear8]

Wax Incredibles Caramel Popcorn ~ Got a sampler from this new vendor the other day and trying her out. Sitting next to it and half melted and nothing yet. [smilie=th_anyminute] We shall see...

Homemade Marshmallow Pears

Off to pack for my short trip! [smilie=th_excited-1]

Have a great day!

Hello All!

I'm here Honeybear! Lol I've been working all week and, sadly, haven't been able to spend much time with my girls. I wish our breaks coincided. :( I've been extremely exhausted lately, I'm not sure why...so I haven't been changing the melters much.

[smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d to your daughters! Glad you will be spending time with them! :)

Michele...sorry to hear about your sister and brother in law....my Dad lost power but got it back in two days. I'm so glad we didn't loose power.

I'm melting Vanilla Cookie Latte by Ava's

Happy weekend! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

I went on a little drive and found another Wally's. Still none of the YC new style, but at least there was some newer BH&G. Some great candles, but I did not see those scents in melts.

Michele - how was the Gidget's? I was going to order that one, but in a last minute show of strength...I did not order from that restock. I am also hoping to make the current stash manageable. [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Honeybear - I bet it has been fun having birthdays close together. A good way to get them both home at the same time! :D

Today - Time & Again - Water lily.

Aria, I also remember Dream Tarts, Bissy's, HOT, Newman Lake, Candle Dippers, HHS, Angie's, Grazia's Aroma Soy, Grumpy Girl, and now Crosscreek and Can-Do...I am sure there are even more!

I am trying to type with a kitty that wants to sit on the keyboard. She wasn't interested in it until I sat down and started using it. [smilie=th_huganimal] She is being cute, but it is hard to type.

Tonight it is Lemon Lime Fizz - Crabby's.

debra, yes! I remember all of those vendors! I used to adore Aromasoy by Grazia! Tuscadero's was the one with the huge scent list. I finally remembered! I wonder if FussAss McGee is still around?? Is Crabby Candle still around? Kitty on the keyboard! So cute! [smilie=th_catkiss]

honeybear, hope you have a nice trip... I'll have to go back and read to see where you're going ...must've missed it lol. [smilie=th_oops_] Thanks for the well wishes. [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

mpfand, thanks I think I'm over the worst [smilie=th_bb41] Mainly a sinus infection.

candlelove, believe me, keeping the ol' stash under control is NOT easy. I have talked myself out of many restocks and late night "browsing" orders. [smilie=typen]

Amyjo, speaking of squirrels, I caught one on one my new Feeders! [smilie=th_m4t3zo4] I swear this little piggy sat there for quite awhile... the nerve! :sFun_ahohno:

Tonight I have a YC jar burning Snowflake Cookies. Also threw a RG tart in the warmer... Greased Lightning. It's strawberry bakery. I'm getting whiffs of it even though I'm still sort of stuffy. :toppoints:

I'm home alone tonight... DH out of town working and the boys went out for the evening. I'll be up until they get home [smilie=th_anyminute]

Hugs to all

Hi All!

We had such a fun day shopping. No dress yet but next month we are going to Kleinfeld home of “Say Yes to the Dress”. I bought my dress there many years ago.

Debra-I did order Gidget’s this restock but after reading the rave reviews I melted one sample I had from my 4 lb chunk Sampler. I couldn’t wait. That was not a beach scent but a really beautiful feminine scent. I absolutely loved it!!

Aria-Keeping the stash under control is getting harder and harder. I just can’t resist ordering sometime. That’s what makes this so much fun. Hope you feel better.

My sister's power came back. They went home. I was enjoying the company because I’m alone tonight. Oh well.

Honeybear-Thanks for the birthday wishes. My friends are taking me out to dinner that night and my DD’s are talking me out on Monday night. Next weekend I will be celebrating with DH and my DS.

Maggie-my sisters are in north Jersey. Lots of downed trees. I was down your way today for one of the bridal stores.

I didn’t get a chance to melt today. Going to bed soon since we lose an hour sleep.

Good Night All!

Good morning all and Happy Daylight Savings Time in the US!

I woke up at my usual time and am going to pretend that I don't know my phone has reset itself an hour earlier. Ignorance is bliss. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Yesterday DH and I went out to breakfast and then I worked at the hospital so didn't get home until late, and then I spend the evening cleaning up a craigslist find - kerosene heater for $25. It was pretty dirty but hardly used. Today to change the wick and then give it a try.

Debra and Aria, keeping the squirrels out of the feeder is nigh on to impossible but these flying guys are so completely charming that I don't mind if they eat some suet. [smilie=th_slider_flirt] The lead fellow appears as soon as it's dark, and I can hear him land on the edge of the porch awning. They are a light tan and the tail isn't as bushy as the gray squirrels' - more flat and straight. Huge eyes. I read that there are actually more flying squirrels than gray squirrels in the US, but we don't know that because we don't see them as they are nocturnal. These guys have become pretty tame but if I startle them, they sail out into the night. They glide from tree to tree, just beautiful. We have named the lead fellow Bruce Wayne.

Michele - the dress shopping sounds fabulous and I hope you are having a blast with that.

Honeybear - ooh, ooh, you got your Zeep order!! Was it like Christmas? I've been slathering myself with the whipped soap and lip balm. Do you let her melts cure? I have to fight myself and resist melting everything right away but I notice a big change if I wait about a month. I have a body spray still coming, glad to hear you're enjoying yours. And both you and Mpfand have the Cookie Cakery - how is that one?

For all of you who had snow, ice, and power outages - I'm glad life is returning to normal. That had to be a tough week.

Happy birthday to all the DDs and Michele on Tuesday!

Well today I will be cleaning this house because Large Dog is shedding again, big time. That means big time melting. [smilie=th_aa17] Leaving tonight to go up north for work, 4 days. I love what I do but get horribly homesick. I will be taking major wax along so I can play in the hotel room. [smilie=th_ahaaha]

Right now it's

Office/kitchen - An Autumn Walk, scoopable wax by Zeep - apple, maple, leaves. Delicious and much stronger than a month ago.

Bathroom - ScentSationals Pumpkin Marshmallow Cream, always a favorite.

I must be in an autumn mood.

Enjoy your Sundays and get some rest,

AmyJo

Good Sunday Morning!

Susan...enjoy that festival....sounds interesting! ;)

AmyJo...Your flying squirrels sound so cool! And I love the name...Bruce Wayne! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] Safe travels and enjoy those waxies!

Aria...sorry to hear you're not feeling well...I hope you are feeling back to normal soon! [smilie=th_balloons]

Michele...glad you had fun bridal shopping!

It's Americana Marshmallow Smoothie by STW...love this scent. Wish she'd go back to regular tarts....I don't like all these plastic jars...the scooping is so messy, it's hard to store them and I don't like all the waste. :(. I wonder if she'd ever switch.

Have a good day.

Good morning! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

I didn't get much scent at all from Cookie Cakery. :( Do Zeep melts need to cure? [smilie=feedback]

Melting Cozy Chai from Scentsy. Seemed perfect for this overcast morning.

Maggie, STW is only making scoopables through this November. Kathy's DH is retiring then and that's when they will close the website. Kathy announced this in January and said she would pour as many requests as she can as long as she has the oils.

Sinuses seem worse today... melting FP Pink Sugar Eucalyptus. I feel off kilter with the time change today. I swear in the past few years I've never truly adjusted to DST-always feel like I'm behind or running late. Weird.

Aria, I think Crabby was under a new name. Fox Willow? But I think they are on pause until next year. Not sure, help me candle buddies! Also, I am still a big fan of Tuscaderos - here you go!

I am so curious about those squirrels, AmyJo - I love to watch our little guys - red and gray - so now I will need to go find a YouTube about them.

Short term memory issue - please remind me who STW is? And, it seems like LSC may not have another open??? Candle friends are talking about getting a last order - YIKES! I missed the early March one and will be very sad...if you hear better news, let me know! [smilie=th_myspacepunked_sign000

Today it has been Nancy's Wax Creations - Primitive Gathering. These are pretty soft wax and they really got beat up on their travels.

Does appearance of the tarts/melts make any difference to you when you melt? [smilie=th_confused3]

Good morning all,

Cold again especially since I am further north. I brought my melter and wax to use at the hotel - so lovely to have my comforting scents with me. I hid the melter when I left for work so the hotel won't scold me. [smilie=th_smiley_doorpeek]

Debra - there is a great YouTube on flying squirrels featuring David Attenborough, not very long and has some beautiful slow-mo of flight.

As to the question about whether Zeep melts need curing, I would say yes. It's not always the case but I think it depends upon how long ago she actually made the melts. Her Mac Apple is so strong that it nearly sends me and DH running for cover, although it is a beautiful scent - I have learned to use only a little. But for many others, it has helped to let them sit for about a month. Oktoberfest, for example, was very mild when I first received it. It's been about a month now and it's much stronger. I just received Boulangerie last week and it's a glorious scent but also very mild - so I will wait a month before melting any more of that. I keep telling myself this because I love her scents so much. [smilie=th_pardon]

OK back to work *crack of whip* [smilie=th_aola]

Have a good day all,

AmyJo

EDITED - later in evening - well, here at the hotel I have quite a discovery to share with you all - as you know I was pretty fed up with YC and their lack of scent - then I found those excellent new melt cubes at WallyWorld and had to eat my words - but tonight I fired up a Woodwick votive from the YC store, tiny little thing, in Applewood scent, and OMG it is running me out of the room. :sSc_faint: Powerful, lovely scent and this would fill up the biggest greatroom. It's too much for this hotel room and I will blow it out soon but wow. Someone at Corporate is listening.

Sleep tight,

AmyJo

EDITED AGAIN - :sFun_blahblah:

Debra, you asked if the appearance of the melts matters - to me, a great deal. I am so pleased with Zeep's Party Doll - a wedge of cake with fondant icing and flowers - that even if it smelled like a pile of steaming cow dung, I would have bought it. I greatly enjoy opening packages and seeing the beautiful creations of some of these vendors - Front Porch also has so much creativity in some of the designs and this will certainly influence what I buy.

Great question,

I will shut up now,

AmyJo

OK, thanks, AmyJo - I will check out the YouTube! [smilie=th_c61]

For me, appearance is important with a new vendor = if it is a tried and true vendor and the tarts are unexciting, I am OK if they scent nicely. IF it is a new vendor and the tarts are uninspired and scruffy - I expect they will not throw well since no effort went into their presentation. :soapbox:

I wonder why the Wally's I have gone to do not have YC stocked...I am still looking!

Tonight it is Sweet Sage - Baby Dragon. (baby Powder and Dragon's Blood)

Hey All...

Aria...oh no...feeling worse? That's not good....more get well wishes to you! :). Thanks for the info regarding STW...that's a shame cause I love her Wax....strong and delicious but I dislike those jars. I'll have to go check her site out soon if she's closing this year. :(

Debra....STW is Scoopable Tart Wax. I believe she was the owner of Rosegirls and then gave that to her daughter and opened STW. And LSC is closing??? Say it ain't so!! Oh nooooo! I missed the last opening by one day. I don't have Facebook but happened to browse right afterwards. Btw...your Nancys were soft? I didn't know she sold soft wax....everything I've ordered from her has seemed to be paraffin and really hard like CFTKR. What did you order? [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Amy Jo...oh my gosh you crack me up! [smilie=th_LA839B1117] "pile of steaming cow dung"? [smilie=th_thlaughter]

Tonight it's lovely homemade tarts from a sweetie...Booberry Mallow Lemon Poundcake and Coconut Lemon Cake Bites

Goodnight