The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

February's Full Of Tarts and Sweethearts

I just heard that, Cookie! Darn! Another one of our "ol' dependables". [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Glad to see we have hummer fans! [smilie=th_c61] Ours over-winter here so I have to keep watching to be sure the syrup does not freeze!

Maggie - I have almost made it all the way through my vendor Christmas wax!! I still have BH&G, but those seem to keep for awhile. And Poldark - I am watching season 3 - IMDB show a possible season 4. I am curious about the same series done in the 70's.

Speaking of BH&G - my Walmart is very slow at getting the new stuff. I see there are wall plug ins now that I need to check out.

Tonight - Cheryl's - Cucumber Mint.

Hello dear everybody,

On a road trip for work and unable to melt anything. [smilie=th_smiley-crying]

Should be home tonight! Maggie, glad you're enjoying the Zeep Twinkee Cake Pops. I was melting her Wine and Dine before I left, lovely.

Take care all,

AmyJo

????Happy Valentine's Day! ????

Anyone have special plans? I sent my girls a box of Valentine's goodies the other day. First time I couldn't deliver in person. ???? DH and I don't usually make a big deal on Valentine's Day. After 26 1/2 years together, I think we know we love each other by now. ???? I'm planning to head to Costco this afternoon and may pick up a chicken and a nicer bottle of wine. lol I'm still unpacking and don't feel like making much from scratch yet, although I did have a special request from DD#1 for pot roast while she was here, so I did that.

AmyJo ~ Sorry you can't melt, but if you have to stay overnight, you can bring a warmer. I take wax and warmers with me everywhere I go .????

Debra ~ We are on Season 2 Episode 7 or 8 with Poldark. I almost didn't want to watch it anymore at all after a certain something happened a few episodes ago.

TCC Toasted Coconut Raspberry Cake ~ Makes me crave the Raspberry Zingers that I used to love in high school.

Enjoy your days ❤️

Happy Valentine's Day! :skywriter:

Maggie, dessert pizza is made with sugar cookie dough, cream cheese frosting and fresh fruit for toppings. It's so good!

Melting Caramel Vanilla Swirl from Scentsy.

Hi All!

Honeybear-I’m glad at least one of your DD’s is considering moving to Arizona. Is the climate there similar to New Mexico?

Mpfand- that sounds like a great dessert. A very popular dessert pizza here is pizza dough topped with Nutella. It’s really good.

My DH and I were never big on Valentine’s Day either. I did get a flower delivery. We will go out to dinner this weekend when he is home. We will be married 38 years.

Amy Jo-Glad you will be able to melt again soon.

I sorted through my wax today and it actually made me nervous. I hope it makes me go on a wax ban. But I’m already contemplating some more orders.

At least I now see what I already have. I haven’t even tried some of my orders of a few months ago out yet.

Does anyone else get anxious looking at all the wax they have collected?

Melt of the day SGA Pink Chiffon Sugar Cookies. Yummy as usual!

Funny you should mention that, Michele! I have to ignore some of the boxes and focus on what I need to get melted, or it is a wee bit worrysome! Do you think that they will let me melt these in the Retirement Home? They should last that long! ;)

Costco must be a Valentine's tradition, Honeybear! My DH just called from the Coscto parking lot asking if we needed a chicken! :D I am really enjoying Poldark - it has a great "bad guy"! Lots of interesting twists and turns.

Tonight it is YC Pumpkin Wreath in the melter.

Greetings All! I hope you all enjoyed your Valentines Day! :skywriter: Two party days in a row have left me beat....and all the treats had the kids loopy! Will be nice once we can get back out on the playground.

Debra...you are doing good! I haven't used any Christmas scents lately...the weathers been up and down...waiting for come colder temps and maybe I'll be able to melt some. ;(

Omg...Mpfand.... :wub: That sounds delicious!! Gonna HAFTA make that!! Thanks!

You guys have me excited to go back and start watching Poldark again!! Honeybear....so mysterious.... :ph34r: LOL....gotta know!!

It's been sweet gifties from some lovely pals...

CFTKR Cinnamon Pumpkin Coffee Cake

Satin Susie Brick House Cookies

Homemade Baked Apple Pie Ice Cream

Thanks! :)

Upstairs Mr Gosling from VRC

Have a great day.

Michele ~ Yes, yes, yes. I feel anxious, too, about my wax collection...even as I sit here about to sniff the two boxes I got yesterday ????, a Super Tarts order I placed because DH wanted more chocolate body cream, and the Southbound Sampler Box (because I love surprises). You're not alone! ????

The weather in Arizona is hotter in the summer. New Mexico gets the four seasons, just not as extreme as back home in Chicago, and there's no humidity.

Debra ~ I ended up not getting a chicken, but one of their delicious fresh made lasagnas instead. So yummy!

And okay, now you have me curious about this bad guy on Poldark. The bad guy I am thinking about doesn't seem very great at all. In fact, I can't stand the putz. Lol

TCC Toasted Cherry Ice Cream Cake

Today I am determined to find more warmers.

[smilie=th_sHellobar]

Good luck on your search for warmers Honeybear! Btw...no luck on that delivery. Going to place a search and see if they can find it. Tried a few times earlier and had trouble with the USPS website..of course. [smilie=th_idontknow]

Michele....I had major anxiety for the last year or two but when I pretty much stopped buying in June and cleared out most of my closet, I felt a lot better. I've got a long way to go but I'm moving in the right direction. ;)

It's Kip by Melted Confections

And two from some sweet pals... Boo Berry and Booberry Mallow ZB

Thanks...it smells [smilie=th_fabulous1] in here!

Hi everyone...I hope everyone is going to get the upcoming 3day weekend. During this time off I'll drag out my box of wax to do a little inventory so I can burn off some of the older ones I have. With the long weekend I should be able to dwindle it down a bit. I'm planning to do some cleaning during an 80s music marathon (lots of Van Halen of course)..haha...and I might just sneak in a classic love story movie like Smokey and the Bandit.

Melting: Krispie Cereal Bar / HDD

Honeybear, I think the putz keeps getting putzier. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon Did I make up a word? The kind you love to hate!

Oooh - I love melter shopping! There are so many anymore. I have a few too many of those, too... [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

No 3-day weekend for me, Arkcandle. I am jealous - back to work on Monday. [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Tonight it is Vanilla Cake Pops - Cheryl's.

Aww, sorry Debra that you don't have Monday off. ????

I don't have to go further than my garage for warmer shopping. Lol I have a gazillion out there, several brand new that I have been saving for the new house. Can't even remember what they look like!

Maggie ~ I called the post office in Rio Rancho last week and they said the wait time was an hour and 20 minutes ! ???? I gave up after 15 or so minutes. I still keep hoping it will show up one day.

ST Jack Frost ~ Herbal Lavender, Fresh Mint Leaf, and Lemon Curd

Burning Partylite Blackberry Sage, an oldie (at least 10 years old) but goodie

I preordered the Zeep Spring Sampler last night...no wax, just B&B. ????

Hi All!

Melting SGA Bella’s Wish Zucchini.

Maggie- when we renovated our house a few years ago I stopped buying wax for awhile. Had it under control then but it’s gotten even more out of hand since then. I used to love going shopping in my stash. It’s amazing what you forgot you had.

I really don’t have a lot of warmers. Honeybear- your garage sounds like a wax paradise.

Good Afternoon!

Honeybear...yup....my wait is 40 minutes....why?? The USPS website is horrible and won't sent the email explaining the issue....it just keeps going back to page one after I put in all the information. Ugh. So now I'm on the phone....waiting....and waiting....and listening to some really bad mu-sak. I hope you're right and it appears one day. ????????

Michele...you got that right!! I am always amazed at what I find during a rearrangement! Lol

Arkcandle...love Van Halen! And love your cute little pup in your avatar!

Today it's

SMT Danish Butter Cookie

VCS Lucky Luciano

SMT VBN Red Macintosh Apple Green Apple

Augh...I just lost my post...starting over. [smilie=th_ANGRY_10]

Honeybear - 10 years? That could be a record! I have some that are 8 years old that still throw fine. :sHa_woot:

Wax bans are so hard - I get all set, then someone I like goes out of business - so I have to do a "last order"! [smilie=th_pardon]

Tonight is one I did not expect to like - Cheryl's Caramel Drizzled Marshmallow. Yum! I need a big ol' bag of this one! [smilie=th_aa17]

MaggieMa: That's my little baby "Attie" and she's everything around here. She's also the inspector when my hauls hit the door. The routine is she has to make sure the USPS person stays in line through a small series vicious barks, growls and snarls (cujo style)...it's a real spectacle...and then it takes about 10 minutes of sniffing before she'll leave the box alone. I guess for her the box has more interesting smells than the melting that goes on.

I'm a huge Van Halen fan along with just about any 80s hair band. The look on the avatar is what I get from her during one of my 80s rewind moments (which is anytime music is playing haha)...it's like...Let it go!!

Melting: Pecan Waffles / by Holly's Dazzling Designs

Good morning everyone,

Well, the two-day road trip turned into four, but we got a lot done so I am happy. [smilie=th_bounce]

Debra - I've done that a few times - have the post all written up and then go up to check someone's comment and whoops, my post disappears. I have had a few words with the computer when that happens. :sAng_explosive:

Maggie - all those Zeep treasures you found - isn't it like a present, to discover melts you had forgotten about? [smilie=th_aa17]

Honeybear - you are my enabler - I was in the hotel room, missing my melters (although I did bring a wax cube along in my pocket), and I thought, didn't honeybear say it was ok to take stuff along and melt on a trip? Heck yeah!! So I went off to WalMart and bought a melter for $6.94 and two of what I think may be new scents, or maybe spring scents from last year? - Guava Peach and Pure Bliss (grapefruit). Soon my hotel room smelled lovely and I was much less homesick. So I thank you!! [smilie=th_a056]

mpfand - that fruit pizza sounds amazing. *checking to see what's in the house for ingredients*

I am so very glad to be home, which means melting and baking. So far this morning there's a loaf of whole wheat on its second rise and caramel-pecan squares all boxed up to take to someone I bribed at work. LOL I needed some help and cookies always do the trick.

Well, this morning I have three melters going:

Our bedroom: Zeep's Not Your Mama's Waffles

Back bedroom: ScentSations Guava Peach (strong! Running for cover!)

Office/kitchen: BBW Champagne Toast - very lovely.

I hope you all have a grand day. Big warmup coming here in Ohio, as in 70F next week. [smilie=th_thWTF]

Enjoy,

AmyJo

Michele, the pizza made with Nutella sounds delicious! I love that stuff. [smilie=th_pardon]

AmyJo, glad you're back home melting and baking. :)

Melting a gift from a sweet CF gal, Funnel Cake Fluff. :wub:

Good morning ????

Mpfand ~ I'm also going to try your dessert pizza one day soon. Sounds so good!

AmyJo ~ I'm glad you broke down and got yourself a warmer. Once I took a class out of town and forgot a warmer so I had to buy one. But I ended up returning it to Walmart when I got back. It was the light bulb kind. Not my fave.

CCCC Almond Cookie ~ a gift from a CF friend ????

Have a great day, all! ????

Hey ho!

It's been IHOP by SGA (❤️) all morning....should make a little switchero soon!

Arkcandle...oh my gosh...Attie sounds so cute! My Daisy would always let me know when a waxie package was delivered too! I must admit she wasn't very interested in the boxes of wax though...lol.

Debra....I hate when my post disappears!! [smilie=th_ANGRY_10]

AmyJo...glad you made it back safely and you ended up getting a warmer for your room. It really does make a difference! It's so nice to be surrounded by lovely scents when you're away! I had a warmer in my closest just for traveling but I have no idea where it went. I wonder if I left it in a hotel room somewhere. [smilie=th_scratch]

Been cleaning all day...I haven't done a real bang up job in a while. I noticed soot in the corners by my front door when I was dusting the ceilings...I never saw it before. I wonder how it got there? [smilie=th_idontknow] I don't even use candles near there. Think I'll be painting the ceilings again this summer. :(

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!

Amy Jo - very clever, going and getting a melter on the road! [smilie=th_thumbs20up] And - 70 degrees for you ... and we are going to have snow tomorrow! Sheesh, I knew my daffodils made an appearance way too early!

Maaggie, I found soot on the top of one of my wall a few weeks ago - I tried to clean the area - and ended up washing the whole wall! [smilie=th_a136]

Arkcandle - Attie sounds like she has a lot of personality!

Today it has been SGA - Pink Chiffon Lavender Birthday Cake.