The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

February's Full Of Tarts and Sweethearts

Good morning all,

Snowing here in Ohio so that makes for a Happy Monday, hope yours is too!

Well, yesterday I baked whole wheat bread and lemon bars so that smelled pretty good and inspired me to a baking-type scent. So this morning in the kitchen/office I'm melting ScentSations Pumpkin Marshmallow Cream, which I must say is lovely.

In the back bedroom I have Evergreen Spruce from Mainstays. Very nice and the house smells like a forest now.

Debra, I love that your kitties sleep so close to your melter. They must also smell beautiful!

Have a good start to the week everyone,

AmyJo

Good morning, friends.

Hope your cold is short-lived, Maggie.

Michele ~ DD#1 is here and I'm loving every minute of it! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] She leaves Thursday night and DD#2 gets in Friday night. :wub: Hope you had a nice visit with your DH before having to take him to the airport.

ST Draco ~ A smoldering house blend of Dr Doom (creamy patchouli, vanilla and black pepper), lavender Bedtime Bath and clementine peels ~ This one has been going for two days. Love! (Maggie ~ I think you would like this one if you haven't tried it yet.)

Maggie, I hope you had a restful weekend and are feeling much better!

Honeybear, glad you are getting some time with your girls. :wub:

AmyJo, your 3 seasons room sound lovely. Lemon bars? [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] Yum!

Our furniture was just delivered and I love it! Had fun putting the room back together and laying out the new area rug. Now we're waiting on the pool repair guys to show up. There are some cracks in the pebble tec that need to be fixed before swim season. Melting Very Vanilla from Fox Hollow. Very authentic vanilla scent. Love it!

Thank you Mpfand, Honeybear, and Michele!

Mpfand...glad you are happy with your new furniture!

Honeybear...Draco? I'll have to try that one! So happy you are getting to visit with your girls! Yay!

AmyJo...your baking always makes me [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Debra...not much movement in the Christmas basket ...lol. I found a few while rearranging and I haven't melted much so it's looking the same. Definitely by the end of winter?

It's Ramble On Wax in Manic Monday...perfect.

Mpfand - it is so fun to redecorate! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Amy Jo - you have snow and I have almost 60 degrees again. Sheesh! My daffodils are blooming a month early.

Tonight it back into the Christmas basket - Christmas Cabin - Cheryl's.

Good morning all and it looks as though we survived Monday! [smilie=th_avatar_4219]

Mpfand, I am truly enjoying from afar your redecorating. What colors are you going for? New furniture? Too much fun.

Honeybear, I'm so glad you're getting to see your girls. [smilie=th_slider_flirt] That Draco blend sounds interesting because of the clementine peels - I love citrus.

Debra, I can't believe your daffodils are up. That's something to enjoy in February, but so early! And 60F? [smilie=th_WE1summer013] When the weather swings like that, it confuses the poor plants so. I just planted 10 red twig dogwood bushes in the fall and I hope they are getting a good rest before spring. They're just little fellows.

Maggie, yes I do love to cook and bake and find it very relaxing. It's not so good for the waistline and I'm trying not to keep sampling so much as I go. [smilie=th_pardon] But DH enjoys it and my big dog always thinks it's his job to approve the recipes.

This morning I'm still stuck on Pumpkin Marshmallow Cream in the office. I have Target's Happiness in the back bedroom but that is wax I used before and saved, not too much scent left, so I may switch it out.

Yesterday I tried the ScentSations Lemonade Sugar Cookies and yuck. I had high hopes for that one but to me it smelled like a cleaning solution. Something you would scrub the floor with. [smilie=th_pluja]

Well folks, stay warm if you are in winter and enjoy the sun if you've got it. Have a fine Tuesday.

AmyJo

Hello All!

Amy Jo-Heard Ohio is having sim very cold weather and snow.

Honeybear-Glad you are enjoying your DD’s visit. Have they ever thought of moving too?

Melting BL Cream Soda Frosted Cupcakes. Really enjoying this one. I love the predominant smell of the Cream Soda. Thank you CF friend!

Candlelove - yes, supposed to start around midnight with sleet and then move into snow. As long as the roads get treated so people don't slip and slide, I'm happy with the snow.

That cream soda melt sounds amazing. I looooooove cream soda. Please remind me what "BL" is so I can take a look? [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Today I tried the ScSa Violet Sugar. Actually that one was ok. Not a big favorite, but ok.

A good night to all! [smilie=th_offtobed]

AmyJo

Good Evening All.

Michele...that scent sounds delightful! ????

AmyJo...I'm not Michele but BL is Butterfly Lane Scents! Love your discription of your baking....I can only imagine how your pup loves to be the recipe tester!! :sSig_heeheehee:

Wow Debra....your daffodils are coming up already??

Upstairs it's a Storybook Scents in I Am Not Complete

Downstairs it's still a Manic Monday...may change that soon,

Goodnight [smilie=thzzz003]

My calico kitty has learned to take the lid off the kitty kibble. She actually unscrews it! Now she is keeping me hopping, She wants attention - she takes off the lid! [smilie=th_catkiss] I'd get annoyed, but it is sorta cute.

Yes - I have BLOOMING daffodils! [smilie=th_smiley_aaeq] We are going to have a mess if we have a cold snap.

Tonight it is CYS - Irish Spring.

AmyJo-I believe that scent was from BLank Label. It was a gift. I never have ordered from there. Sorry Maggie. You know more than me. I could be wrong. It just said BL but my CF friend mentioned Blank Label. Maybe she can verify.

No melting for me now. It’s bedtime. Good night all!

Thanks Michele and Maggie! Both Blank Label and Butterfly Lane seem to be either closed down or working on their websites...I will check back. My cream soda scent fix will have to wait!

Debra, I love that your cat has figured out how to unscrew the kitty kibble container. [smilie=th_lol22] She sounds very clever. Cats are interesting creatures, aren't they? Ours also makes me laugh - just a little grey barn cat who was the runt of the litter. I had a new hairband in the other day and she just wasn't sure about it. She crept up behind me on the back of the couch and very slowly reached up and pulled it down off of my head.

Well, this morning we have freezing rain, which is my least favorite of all weather conditions. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon It's hard on the birds and animals, tough on the trees, and impossible to drive in. Just an hour north, they have lovely snow. At least it looks as though it will warm up enough to melt during the day. I have a day trip for work tomorrow - going three hours north - so I can manage with the roads. Debra, I do envy you those lovely daffodils!

This morning I am still with the Pumpkin Marshmallow Cream in the kitchen/office from ScentSations and nothing yet in the back bedroom.

If you have nasty weather, do be careful out there.

AmyJo

[smilie=The_Hi]

Michele ~ The girls have both said they don't plan to stay in New Mexico, but at this point, neither seems interested in living in the Arizona heat. Hoping they will change their minds when our house is all done with the pool, spa, and fire pit in the backyard.

If I sent you the cream soda tart, it would definitely be Blank Label. I haven't ordered from Butterfly Lane in years. And speaking of Blank Label, I need to find the box with my BL stash. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

AmyJo ~ Blank Label doesn't stay open all the time. If you join her FB page, you will be able to find out when the next opening will be. [smilie=yes]

P.S. Would love to try your Lemon Bars! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Debra ~ How cute what your kitty is doing. One of our kitties nips gently when I stop petting her, the other bites a little harder, and the biggest one licks you to let you know to keep petting. :wub:

DD#1 and I went to the mall last night and went only to "sniffer" stores ~ Lush, Yankee, and Bath & Body Works. The girls' birthdays are next month, so I bought them each some goodies, and at Yankee, I had a coupon for a free gift up to $14.99 with a $15 purchase. I chose the Candle of the Month large jar for $15 in A Calm & Quiet Place. Here's the scent description (another one for you, Maggie ;) ): A meditative fragrance—balanced and centered with gentle jasmine, a whisper of patchouli and warm amber musk. DH loved the smell of this last time we were in the store together. I got a pretty candle jar topper for free. [smilie=th_200912104451]

Still haven't changed out the ST Draco, and also melting a homemade Nag Champa.

Today I am determined to find some more of my wax stash and warmers!!

Stay safe any of you in icky winter weather.

Honeybear, sounds like you and your DD had a fun shopping trip. :)

AmyJo, I pretty much kept the same colors, but had fun changing some things on a new accent shelf. ;)

Melting Salted Caramel Cupcake from Scentsy.

Hope everyone is having a good day. :D

:sEm_oops2: Sorry about that ladies...thought I was being informative and I'm just gumming up the works! :sFun_ahohno: LOL. Forgot all about Blank Label and I love her stuff!

Honeybear...thanks for that discription...gonna go take a sniff myself! [smilie=yes]

Amy Jo and Debra...your kitties sound absolutely adorable!! [smilie=th_catkiss] Cats are sooooo smart!

I'm melting from Vintage Road Scents but the label fell off during my rearranging so I'm not sure what it is but I believe it's Amish Friendship Dough Bread.

Hi friends!

Melting a couple of scents that were shared with me by a CF buddy [smilie=th_tigger]

Lemon Beignet - LSC (yummy lemon bakery)

Beignet - Melted Confections (jelly donut is what I smell)

Thanks buddy! [smilie=thank_you]

I've enjoyed reading everyone's updates

Amyjo,I love baking too! Nowadays I have to make sure I bake some diabetic friendly goodies along with whatever else I bake. For DS#1 birthday I baked a sugar free chocolate cake with sugar free chocolate frosting and it turned out really good! DS#2 requested the same cake for his birthday in May. [smilie=th_th3de3a8c4]

honeybear, sounds like my kind of shopping trip! I've sniffed A Calm and Quiet Place and it's beautiful! Good deal on the candle! [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

debra, your kitty is so [smilie=th_cc8]

Maggie, I think Butterfly Lane closed up recently :th_crying:

Okay I'm heading up to bathe and [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

Speaking of baking - I am baking birthday cookies for the office tonight. [smilie=th_shewiggle]

AmyJo - I hope your freezing rain is gone - that really shuts down our area when it happens.

Honeybear - I think I would like that YC scent...sounds like it is time to go sniffing, too! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Tonight it is Pine Cone Wreath - Sensibly Posh

Good Morning!

Honeybear-I hope your girls change their minds about moving. Your shipping trip sounds like it was so much fun.

AmyJo-DH had a delayed opening yesterday his weather was so bad.

Melting from my grab and melt basket today- SGA Cotton Candy Coconut Vanilla. Smells great. Has me can’t waitng for the warmer weather and the beach house.

Have a great day everyone!!

Hi everyone. Melting today: Lavender Martini by New Moon

Weekend in Maui by Mystical

Bahama Coconut by Mystical

Hayden Rowe is add new scent on 2/9 to her web site.

Greetings All!

Aria... [smilie=th_smiley_aaeq] Nooooo! I remember she closed a couple years ago but then opened up again....is this for good? :(

Debra...how'd your yummy cookies turn out?

Susan...what do you think of Hayden Rowe? Gonna go take a peek.

Michele...I've got a beach scent going today too...

From a sweet CF pal...it's Purple Fox By The Sea upstairs....wonderful.... [smilie=thank_you]

And downstairs it's Nancys Wax Creations Pumpkin Cider Donuts

Have a good one. :)

Maggie I have ordered from Hayden Rowe several times and enjoy them. I was lucky and got one of the sub boxes, I did 3 months. Restock is spring cleaning scents.

Cookie - is the New Moon the "old" vendor? I just put Cranberry Clove in the melter from New Moon - but I bet it is about 3-4 years old!

Maggie, I think the cookies turned out well - I set them out, went to a meeting and when I was done there was only 1 left! :huh:

It's almost Friday! [smilie=th_c2e41937]