The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

MaggieMae

Welcome January. One Scent At A Time...

Good morning everyone,

Last evening was a blustery snow but this morning everything is calm. The fields are so lovely with their white carpet. My biggest dog, who is mostly Pyrenees, is delighted with this weather and spends long staring sessions considering the landscape. He is an interesting dog and such a good friend for many years. [smilie=th_cuddle-1]

Debra, yes, that BH&G Plumeria scent is absolutely correct. It seems that most of their melts are pretty strong but for that flower, it's appropriate. I feel like I'm wearing a flower lei of them when that melt is going. They nailed that scent!

MaggieMae, thank you for explaining Cindy Lou Who! I love mint and was intrigued by your description - so I went on the Zeep website and ordered their Mystery Melt box. *can't wait*

This morning I am still melting ScentSations Red Hot Cinnamon. My husband said he loves it so I left it going all night. I haven't decided what to melt in my office yet.

Edited a few hours later - OK, changed to Molten Orange (ScentSations) in the back bedroom and wow, I feel as though I'm being chased by a giant fruit throughout the house. Lovely scent but powerful. In my office, I'm melting Mainstays' Warm Apple Pie in the Crockpot. Also very nice. But both are potent.

Have a good day all. Debra, where are you that it's going to be 60 F tomorrow? Even Ohio has a warmup coming. I don't want the flowers and flowering bushes to get all confused...

AmyJo

Hi All!

I have a lot to catch up on. Just have been out of it. Sick again. Went to the doctor and I have a fever and a chest infection. Hopefully I will feel better soon. Can’t even melt.

Hope everyone is well.

Michele, I'm sorry! To be so sick you can't even melt....not fun at all. I hope you feel better soon!

AmyJo, yes, I definitely felt isolated at times living on a tiny island, but when I look back those years were some of my favorite. :wub:

Michele, I'm sorry you're sick again. :( I hope you are well soon.

Melting Everything Nice from Scentsy.

It is not fair to be so sick you can't melt, Michele! Get well soon!

AmyJo - it has been very warm in the Pacific NW. BIG change from last year, when we had several snow and ice storms that brought the area to a standstill.

Tonight it is CBV - Tokoyo Spring. Strong enough to waft out the door and head down the hall and I bet this one is at least 2 years old.

Oh Michele...I'm sorry you are not feeling well again!! That stinks! [smilie=th_ef3416a0] Get well soon!

AmyJo...oh great!! I ❤️ Zeep and I hope you do too!! You have a Pyrenees? I'm sure he is beautiful!

Melting White Pumpkin & Lilac from a sweet CF pal... :thwetkissf:

Goodnight

Good morning everybody and Happy Day Before Friday,

Still very cold here in Ohio, 8F as I'm typing this so the long underwear is still in force.

MaggieMae, yes our biggest dog is (mostly) Pyrenees and he is indeed a beauty, although of course I am biased because I'm his mom. We used to have a farm and he was the best guardian of the poultry and animals, so gentle with baby creatures but fearless with any sort of predator. He fought off many a coyote and wouldn't leave his post even when it was below O degrees F and I begged him to come inside. He is vary careful with strangers but "guardedly polite." However he and I are...I would say best of buds. He was a stray found wandering in Dayton and I was lucky to know the person who was fostering him. He was one at the time and now 11.5 and a bit wobbly at times, but healthy. I have loved many animals in my time but he is something rare.

Anyway! I know this is not a dog forum and he would not always pass the fine scent criterion!

Michele, I hope you are feeling better and able to melt at least some teeny tiny something today to help cheer you up.

MaggieMae - the Zeep melts look so adorable in their shapes! I'm eager to try them...it says something like two weeks to wait. *I can be patient, really I can*

Debra, I envy you living in the Pacific NW. I've only seen pictures but I love a lush, rainy environment like that and hope to visit in a couple of years. The trees and the ocean look so different from the rest of the country.

mpfand - I'm glad you enjoyed Guam and you're right - those were happy years for us as well, living on an island. I think I took it entirely for granted...things were pretty easy and yet we complained about all sorts of things. Foolish youth...

Well, stay warm everyone. Looks like the warmup starts tomorrow around here and the snow will melt...then the joy of what we used to call "boot-sucking mud."

I'm still melting my Mainstays Warm Apple Pie candle in the crockpot and back to YC Home Sweet Home in the warmer. I think that second one is about spent.

AmyJo

Hi everyone. This is what I have melted this week: Loganberry by L3

The White Rabit by Newmoon

Alice on Crack by OPT

Pink Sugar by Dessa's

Buttercream by YC

Thank you everybody.

It’s really horrible to not be able to melt. I can’t smell a thing.

I can’t wait to turn my melters on again. Maybe tomorrow.

Happy Thursday!

AmyJo...your pup sounds wonderful and I know what you mean...sometimes our furry friends are more than that...they are family. There are a lot of animal lovers on this board, so please don't feel afraid to share your stories! [smilie=th_huganimal]

Michele...I hope tomorrow is the day! [smilie=yes]

Susan...what does Alice on Crack smell like? I ❤️ OPT!

Melting a new Ashland melt...Ginger Cookie....smells so good!

AmyJo, I grew up in Idaho on 3 acres in the country and am all too familiar with "boot sucking mud". :rolleyes:

Michele, hope you are able to enjoy your melts soon.

Melting Sugared Pine & Cinnamon from Sonoma.

It is true, AmyJo, we are pet people. I spent the evening chasing down the flock o' cats to do flea medicine. They are not happy with me, it seems to be very stinky to their noses.

Michele - fingers crossed that the melting may begin tomorrow!

Tonight it is Nene's - Floral Linens.

Oh gosh Debra...sounds difficult!! Hope you caught them all! LOL

It's Driftwood and Sea Salt from a sweet CF pal Upstairs tonight. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Goodnight and sleep tight all... [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

Good Morning Everyone!

Thank you everyone for the well wishes.

Finally feeling a bit like myself again. It’s been a rough start to 2018. I had insomnia last night so I gave up trying to sleep and have been up since the crack of dawn. I probably had too much rest.

Melting SGA Coconut Cream Salty Sea Air Sweet Lavender. Smells wonderful. It was horrible not melting.

Any Jo-https://super-tarts.myshopify.com/

Arkcandle-My husband came home but I slept through his visit. I’m going there next weekend to visit him.

Lonegirl-I’m so sorry for your loss.

Maggie-I have traveled a lot too but still live where I was born also.

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning Everyone!

Thank you everyone for the well wishes.

Finally feeling a bit like myself again. It’s been a rough start to 2018. I had insomnia last night so I gave up trying to sleep and have been up since the crack of dawn. I probably had too much rest.

Melting SGA Coconut Cream Salty Sea Air Sweet Lavender. Smells wonderful. It was horrible not melting.

Any Jo-https://super-tarts.myshopify.com/

Arkcandle-My husband came home but I slept through his visit. I’m going there next weekend to visit him.

Lonegirl-I’m so sorry for your loss.

Maggie-I have traveled a lot too but still live where I was born also.

Have a great day everyone!

Arkansas is a beautiful place....hopefully all the slick spots are gone while your here. You'll have to get down to Hot Springs if you have time. If you go there's a few must see's:

Bathhouse Soapy: LOVE THIS PLACE

Fat Bottomed Girls Cupcakes

They are on Bathhouse row....you won't be disappointed.

Melting Spearmint Vanilla today

Morn everyone. Melting today: Cinnamon & Spice by BHG

Frosted Sugar Plum by Aromance, got this at Ollie's

Maggie the scent description for Alice on crack is: Grass, Lavender, Bergamot, Sweet Orange White Rose & Vetivier. I don't think she has this scent anymore.

Satinsuziescents had some great scent, she has a snow sampler and wonderful wax houses. I just received my order that I Placed on Saturday.

Michele, glad you're able to melt again. ;)

Melting Casting Spells from Scentsy. Off season, but it was the first one I grabbed out of the basket in the dining room and I didn't feel like rummaging around. :D

Michele...glad you are able to melt again....it's tough when you can't! I'm sorry you slept through your DHs visit and are now having insomnia...hope tonight you rest well. :)

Susan...thanks for the scent discription! It drives me crazy when a vendor has a scent blend I love and then stops carrying it. [smilie=th_ANGRY_10]

Mpfand...lol...I've done that many times! I love it when I find a Christmas scent in the summer!

It's Hudson 43 in Lemon Sugar Cookie from a sweet CF pal! I ❤️ this! I just realized that I haven't melted or burned a lemon scent in a loooong time. Perfect.

Goodnight

Yay, Michele! Welcome back to melt world! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Cookie, that was a fast delivery, I hope you enjoy it!

Mpfand - I reach and grab a lot. I don't want to overthink! ;)

Tonight it is White Musk, from Cheryl's.

Good Morning and happy Saturday.

It's Ramble On Wax In Wake N Bake - Blueberry muffins, toasted marshmallows, apples, pears, mandarin, cinnamon, cloves and vanilla.

Time to rearrange my stash while hubby is out of town....lol.

Have a good one! ;)

Good Morning!

Glad I’m melting again too. Missed it. This morning it’s SGA Chocolate Orchid.

Maggie-that sounds like a great idea. I started a little bit of rearranging this morning too. I had really gotten my stash under control. I had gifted a lot of my older melts. Now it’s just insane again. Thinking of going to Homegoods to get a giant basket for lots of my single melts. Maybe I will just reach and grab to melt. This way I can get through everything. I would love a closet just devoted to wax.

It’s going to be a quiet weekend. DD went to CT for a bridal shower until tomorrow. Tonight I’m having dinner with some college friends. Glad when I was sick at least I had some company.

Fell asleep last night at 8:30 since I hadn’t slept the night before. Slept great!

On Friday I’m visiting DH in Ohio for the weekend. I’m looking forward to that.

Honeybear-I’ve been thinking of you. Hope the closing went well. You must be very busy moving in and getting settled.

Enjoy the day!

Good morning!

Michele, glad you got a good night's sleep. Hope you find what you need for wax storage. I love Home Goods!

DS went into my office the other day looking for a replacement bulb for his warmer. He said when he looked in the closet (where I have the majority of my wax and warmers) it scared him. :sSig_busted: I think he was being a bit dramatic. ;)

Melting Blue Sugar Vanilla Sandalwood from SGA, a gift from a sweet CF buddy. I love It! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Hello!

Have fun tonight Michele and that big basket sounds nice!

Mpfand...I'm cracking up at your DH being scared of your stash!!! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

I can't believe I ended up throwing out 7 empty boxes today! I've been on a ban (except 3 times) since June-ish....and since my wax cabinet was full I was storing a lot of boxes in my closet. It was actually ridiculous! I had 9 FULL boxes (mostly medium and large flat rate) and every time anyone opened the closet they'd be right there. :( Today I moved a lot of the melts into the empty spots in the wax cabinet and now I only have 2 boxes left in the closet! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04 I'm surprised I used up enough space in the cabinet to throw away that much. I still have lots to use...3 years worth..lol.....but at least I'm making a dent.

Susan...while going through my stash I found a bundt tart from OPT in the scent of....Alice On Crack!! Lolol! I couldn't believe it...and I put it in the warmer right away...it smells really nice!

Debra...I may have to reaccess my Christmas scent countdown...lol..I found a couple more scents during my rearrangement...lol.

Also in the warmers are Zeep's Hayride Cider and Golden Willow Waxes in MacApple, Pumpkin Brûlée, Flaky Pastry, Draper Lane & VBN

[smilie=th_goodnight]

I found a beautiful wicker box in Homegoods with a cover. I was able to put it at the base of my fireplace. Took a lot of my loose melts and am using that for storage. Sorting melts is sure an eye opener. I swear I’m banning mysel from wax for a long while. I can’t even believe how much I have. I tend to melt in 2 warmers daily but usually the scent lasts the entire day.

When I was renovating my house 3 years ago I went on a wax van. That one lasted pretty much a year and a half with a small order here and there.

Maggie-you seem to have made great progress!

All my wax isn’t even upstairs. I have some very old stash in my basement.

I have way too many candles too. I was thinking of selling some on EBAY. I probably have a lot of retired YC scents. I could probably make a good amount of money.

Well good night everyone!

Morn everyone. Melted yesterday: Pumpkin Spice Latte by OPT

Sugar Cookies by Mystical

Today: Red Hot Cinnamon by Mystical

Mountain Lodge by YC

Maggie that is funny, it is amazing what you might find while rearranging. I realize I have a lot of wax, have several more boxes coming. lol