The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

MaggieMae

Welcome January. One Scent At A Time...

Hi there friends :)

AmyJo ~ That TCC Sticky Pumpkin Sugar Cookie was SO strong even on day two.

Michele ~ Enjoy your weekend with your hubby! I am glad to finally be here with mine permanently, though sad to leave my girls. Fortunately, it is close as it could be with them being only one state over.

Melting a homemade tart from a friend in Peppermint TM Coffee ZB.

Hope you all have a great day! [smilie=th_balloons]

Hi everyone,

Honeybear, isn't that something, when suddenly the house gets overwhelmed with something? I go from loving a scent to "get that out of here" in short order. Your Cookie scent stuck in my mind so I've started melting YC Sugar and Spice, which is also kind of strong.

I want to thank this site for the suggestion of using the little silicone cupcake liners to capture the hot melt when we want to switch to a new scent. To me, this is cleaner/easier than putting the dish in the freezer. Now I have all these cute little cupcake melts just waiting to be re-used. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

The temperature has dropped 25 degrees this morning so I wish it would get on with the snow and make it all worthwhile.

Stay safe and warm!

AmyJo

AmyJo - I am so glad you get the ice and snow! I hope you like it. It was 50 degrees here today - hardly felt like winter!

Mpfand - I am totally melting off-season! I have a goal to use up my Seasonal scents so I can buy fresh next year. Maggie said she thought hers would last til the end of Jan., (still on track, Maggie??) and mine will be pushing spring! :blush:

I wonder if the big chemical fire that is affecting fragrance oil supplier orders will impact us?? :huh:

Tonight - Sensibly Posh - Alpine Frost.

Debra ~ I think we all here have enough wax to tide us over. [smilie=th_giggle]

AmyJo ~ I didn't like the Sugar & Spice from Yankee. I think I exchanged it for Cinnamon Sticks. And I bought those silicone cups but never used them. I don't know what I was thinking because I have to have the matching dishes that come with my warmers. I gave the silicone cups to my daughter to use in her baking.

I am having issues sleeping, which is why I'm here so early. Been up since 4. So many things on my mind with the house and my girls. I miss them so much already! And I don't know how they are going to get everything done in the house by close on Wednesday! And I am worried about the island we are installing after close. Worried I will hate it!! UGH

ST Misery ~ Pie Crust & Leaves ~ This one is so yummy!

At least I have my wax for comfort.

Good Morning! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Sorry you're not sleeping Honeybear...you're so close now. I'm sure your girls will do great!! Why do you think you won't like the island?

Debra...I am only melting one scent a day which is a far cry from the old days when I'd change my warmers three times a day (which is why my stockpile isn't dwindling at all...lol) but I only have 8 clams and 5 miscellaneous bags left for Christmas scents so I "should" be done on time. [smilie=yes] I usually use up an entire clam at once between all the warmers so I'm thinking 2 weeks?

Chemical fire? I don't watch the news much so I didn't hear about it. That sounds scary.

Mpfand...yes...they told him to use some Allegra and drink tea. We will see.

It's been Ramble On Wax in Momintous Occasion....cotton candy frosting, raspberries, strawberries, vanilla and butter mint candies. I love it but I only smell buttermint candies.

Have a great day! :)

Debra, I hadn't heard about a chemical fire.... :o The news is depressing so I mostly tune in for the weather. Lol.

Maggie, hope your DH is feeling better soon and you can get back to your regular melting. [smilie=yes]

Honeybear, I hope you can get some good sleep soon.

Melting a gift from a sweet CF gal, Mayberry from VCS.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Honeybear - getting up that early is a mixed blessing - you sure can get a lot done!

Took one of the kitties to the vet today. She commented that it is not usual to have a pet smell that good...I confessed to the candles... ;)

Hiya, Cookie!

Tonight it is CFTKR - Woodland Pear and Berries.

Lol Debra!! Love it!

Hi Susan! Good to see you! :)

Thanks Mpfand! I hear ya regarding the news...it is definitely depressing.

It's Happy Camper from Zeep

And Shimmering Noel from Ashland downstairs

Upstairs it's a Peppermint Vanilla blend from Front Porch

Have a good Sunday!

Well, I had so many plans but I got absolutely nuthin' done. No excuse! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

I have a scent melting that had no label. I totally recognize the scent but can't recall the name. That makes me nuts!! :wacko:

Good Monday Morning!

I know what you mean Debra...lol.

Taking turns turning on one melter at a time so I'm still using the same tarts.

Have a good one. :)

Happy Monday dear everyone,

We have lovely snow here in Ohio but not that much, only about 2 inches total. Nonetheless I love winter when there is some snow to make it beautiful.

NMhoneybear, I agree with you, I ended up stopping that YC Sugar and Spice before it melted for long. It was too burnt-buttery-smelling or something. I wanted to like it, I tried, but no.

Michele, what are Super Tarts? That sounds inviting. *inquiring minds want to know* I hope your husband got home ok.

Debra99 - LOL on your sweet-smelling cat! I love it. I'm not sure if our pets smell like all of these melts going on but I wouldn't be surprised. We have five dogs and one cat so I do hope they smell good. I'm glad your vet enjoyed your good scents.

MaggieMae, the buttermint scent sounds lovely. Anything mint gets my vote.

As for the news and chemical fire - I hadn't heard that either. I'm avoiding anything more than a quick scan of the headlines because I just get upset. I'm trying to keep my little corner of the world peaceful and sweet-smelling.

Forgot to say what I'm sniffing today.

Back bedroom, my beloved B&BW Limoncello melt.

Our bedroom, diffuser with Lavender essential oil.

My office, melting a B&BW candle in the warmer - Mango Coconut Cooler, very nice, not overpowering, makes me want to head to a beach even though I am enjoying a fresh snow from last night.

A good day to everyone and drive safely if you have winter weather.

AmyJo

Hello,

I have posted in the past and "found" y'all again. I am captivated and need some help with the abbreviations....is there a place to find the candle companies abbreviations so I can go buy some of the awesome scents y'all are describing?

ST?

Or can y'all just list some current favorite companies for me to try? I lost my 40 year old husband and have been in survival mode, but this year I resolve to make my home a haven for me and my three BOYS so smell is important to me. Thanks for the time.

Lonegirl, welcome back and I'm so sorry to hear about your husband passing. 40 is so young and my heart goes out to you raising three boys on your own.

I don't know all of those abbreviations either so I'm glad you asked the question.

I hope you have family nearby who can help you sometimes. Sending you a big hug.

AmyJo

Arkcandle - I think that Marshmallow Fireside is my most favorite scent from B&BW. I have a serious stockpile. :wub:

I also have an older Scentsy going- a little different that mpfand - but close! It is Vanilla Suede.

Yes!! Love it so much...

Arkcandle - I think that Marshmallow Fireside is my most favorite scent from B&BW. I have a serious stockpile. :wub:

I also have an older Scentsy going- a little different that mpfand - but close! It is Vanilla Suede.

Holly's Dazzling Designs has a dup on it called Campfire Marshmallows, it is just like BBW Marshmallow Fireside. I melt that also a lot...and cheaper...that's what I'm looking for also...haha

[smilie=th_blij31-1] Arkcandle! I love B&BW candles!

AmyJo...I agree with Mpfand...Home Sweet Home is a great scent from YC!

Michele...I hope your hubby makes it home safely this weekend.

It's Goose Creek Sugared Cinnamon Donuts... [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Have a nice evening.

Thank you very much...I love talking everything scent.

Hello,

I have posted in the past and "found" y'all again. I am captivated and need some help with the abbreviations....is there a place to find the candle companies abbreviations so I can go buy some of the awesome scents y'all are describing?

ST?

Or can y'all just list some current favorite companies for me to try? I lost my 40 year old husband and have been in survival mode, but this year I resolve to make my home a haven for me and my three BOYS so smell is important to me. Thanks for the time.

Hi Lonegirl! [smilie=th_we0081] Back!

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your husband especially at such a young age. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] I can not imagine what you are going through...but this is a lovely place full of kind people and we are glad you are here with us.

The abbreviations are on the Reference Point area of the board.

Click the Candles A-Z and then click Abbreviations 2015 which should be the most recent. :)

I am melting Cindy Lou Who by Zeep...nice.

Thank you for the info, Arkcandle! I will have to take a look.

Some of the "newer" candle companies may not be on the abbreviation list - to be honest, sometimes I have to ask for an interpretation of an abbreviation! As far as ST it is Super Tarts.

I figured out my mystery melt - lemon pound cake! But, it was bright blue! That really messed with my lil brain! [smilie=th_pardon]

Lonegirl - [smilie=th_Hello_] I am so sorry about your husband. It is nice to have you back.

There are several companies to try - Sassy Girl, Super Tarts, Scented Squirrel, Sweet Sage, Me Time, L3 Waxy Wonders, Vintage Chic, The Purple Fox, The Bathing Garden,, just to start. I am sure other CF buddies can chime in. Most have restock days so they are not open all of the time.

AmyJo - I am glad you like snow - and that you are the one getting it this year. We had waaaay too much last year!

Tonight it is BH&G Country Cabin from a nice Candlebuddy! [smilie=th_aa17]

Hello everyone,

More snow here in Ohio so you know I am happy. [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

I'm melting BH&G Plumeria Blossoms which is lovely. When we were MUCH younger, my husband was in the Navy and we were fortunate enough to live in Hawaii for awhile. I can say that this plumeria scent is spot on. I have missed that beautiful smell. Funny how the scent memory comes back immediately after almost 38 years.

Yesterday I "had" to pop into Walmart while my laundry was washing at the Laundromat and there was a huge display of B&HG and Scentsationals melts. They are $2 each (normal price, I believe) but there they were, just begging to jump into my shopping cart! What was I to do? So I got five of them - Cucumber Melon, Zen, Red Hot Cinnamon, Molten Orange, and Vanilla Bean. *so many scents, so little time*

Debra, I would have been totally thrown off track by your blue mystery melt - lemon pound cake, no way. It sounds like fun to have a mystery melt. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Have a good day everybody and stay warm.

AmyJo

Lonegirl, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope this forum and your scents bring you some comfort.

AmyJo, how fun to live in Hawaii! I've been there on vacation and always thought it'd be a neat place to live. The closest I've been is living in Guam for two years when my husband was in the Air Force. Those BH&G and ScentSationals wax are hard to pass up!

Melting Amish Strudel from Fox Willow Wax.

Mpfand - Guam! I have always wanted to go there. So maybe you have also experienced what we did on Hawaii - Rock Fever - where you feel a bit isolated and contained and just want to go home. I know, it seems wrong to be complaining when you are supposedly in "paradise." But I missed the four seasons - the flowers in Hawaii were amazing year round, but there was no leaf change and no snow. I think I was also too young to fully appreciate what we had, living there - but I must say that I missed days like today when there is lots of snow on the ground and all the plants get to take a long winter's nap. [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

Your Amish Strudel is sounding really good. I bake a lot but haven't done anything apple recently. Hmmmmmm.....

I switched one of the melts over to Red Hot Cinnamon (ScentSational) and oooh I like that one.

MaggieMae - what does Cindy Lou Who smell like, LOL? These names crack me up.

Good Evening!

You ladies have lived in some wonderful places! How exciting! I've traveled a lot but I still live in the same town I was born in. [smilie=th_pardon]

AmyJo...I love your description of the "plants taking a long winters nap".... [smilie=th_00000020] Oh, and Cindy Lou Who is Pink Sugar, Vanilla and Peppermint.

Debra...you've got a good sniffer! That blue would have thrown me for a loop!

Melting BHG Twinkling Holiday Lights...love this one! :toppoints: I'm another BHG melt lover!!

[smilie=thzzz003]

Goodnight all

AmyJo - I have always wondered if the wax Plumeria scent was realistic. It is usually so strong!

It will be almost 60 degrees tomorrow. [smilie=th_WE1summer013] What crazy weather we have had this year.

Tonight - Lemon Lavender - Ten Digit Creations.