The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

debra99

August Aromatics

Good Morning!

NMHoneybear- I can relate. It's lonely when the children move out but you will get used to it. My youngest DD still lives home but there are many nights when she's not there. My DH had to move to Ohio in March for work so I have been basically living on my own since then. It's sad and very lonely sometimes. I was in a very down mood last week over it. We have been married almost 37 years and now he's living in Ohio. I'm in NY because of my DD and also helping care for my parents. I'm planning a long visit in October. He is commuting every weekend this summer but in the fall I won't see him all the time.

Debra- I hate when that happens.

Melting Dessa's Banana Nut Bread. Smells great! Actually looking forward to the bakery scents of fall. Last night it was SGA Violet Petals Marshmallow Noel.

Going to go back to NY tonight. I have had a relaxing week here. I will be back at the beach Friday. My sister and niece are here today.

Have a great day everyone!!

Hello All...

Michele...I'm sorry you were feeling blue too. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] I hope October comes quickly for you!

It's Melting Duck today in Let Down Your Hair

????

Michele, that sound very challenging. I am sure that commuting is stressful for both of you, certainly not something you expected after that many years together.

I have an old CandleDippers melt going to night - Verbena Bamboo. I sure miss her!

Good Morning!

Yes Debra the commuting has been stressful. You can't believe the number of cancelled and delayed flights we have been dealing with. I am actually pretty sure I'm going to do the 8 1/2 drive in October. I want my own car there especially if I'm staying for 3 weeks.

Melt of the morning-CFTKR Warm Sugar Lattes.

Have a busy morning ahead and tonight I'm going into Manhatfan to see On Your Feet (the Gloria Estefan play). Looking forward to it.

Sounds like a fun evening, Michele!

We are on the count down to the eclipse! It is starting to get a little wacky.

Tonight - Blue Summer Sky - YC.

[smilie=th_hello]

Maggie ~ DD#2 is only half an hour away, but I cry after she leaves every time. Over the past few years since all of this began, she and I had gotten extremely close, like best friends. During that time, DD#1 lived in a dorm for a year and then moved out in January, so though it was hard, I still had one home. Now it's just me in this huge house with the kitties. [smilie=th_cry2yw3]

Michele ~ Boy, don't I understand what you're going through. [smilie=th_empathy] My DH and I have been doing this for over 3 1/2 years, and we just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary in June. We are looking forward to us being together all the time, but it means I have to move from New Mexico to Arizona (DD#2 has 3 more semesters until graduating from college, DD#1 graduated in May). Not quite how I anticipated things to go. To add to the tension, we are in frame stage with our new home, and still haven't sold this one yet.

Debra ~ Enjoy the eclipse festivities!

UTC Orange Sherbet Pineapple Coconut

ST Nova Prime ~ Bakery Shop, sweet lemon meringue, and blackberry cream

Homemade Nag Champa

Good Evening All....spent the day cleaning the basement and helping my girls pack up their dorm room supplies. Then we took off to the beach. Relaxing. Leaving for London tomorrow..will miss the girls heading back to school. :(

Honeybear...I'm sorry that your going through all of this. At least I hope your current house sells soon!!

It's been Ramble On Wax Fireworks At a Dawn -warm salty sea air and creamsicles

Upstairs it's Scarlett by RSS

Maggie-Enjoy London! I loved London. We visited DS when he did an internship there one summer.

Honeybear- I know it's sad when you are alone. The house that was once so full is now so empty. I guess you are planning moving to Arizona when the time is right. Good luck with everything! Building a new home is very exciting.

Relaxing now. I'm exhausted. Spent the day in NJ. My DS and his wife closed on a home yesterday. Happy for them. It's actually probably closer to me than when they lived in Manhatfan. Half hour away. Not bad. I won't have to deal with the city traffic.

Maggie, you are really getting the frequent flyer miles this summer! I hope you have a wonderful time!

Tonight it is TCC - Simply Clean

Good Morning!

Melted a real oldie so far - AMS Ginger Lime. Sadly no scent left. Tossed it. Have a few more from that vendor. I will give them a try as well but not expecting much. Now I'm melting an unknown from HHS. The top with the name is missing.

I went through my wax baskets I have at the beach house this morning. I made a bag each for 2 of my friends. I had given each a warmer for Christmas and they love my bags of melts I give them. I needed to clean some out. I'm trying to go through all the older wax one way or another.

Hope everyone enjoys the beautiful day! Hope the weather is good by you as well.

Michele, I did the same thing today - I pulled out all the really old ones and I have been giving them a test drive. Several are OOB.

Moving on, Shayz Scentz is in the line up now - Grandma's Toddy.

[smilie=th_Hello_]

Maggie ~ Have a wonderful time in London! [smilie=yes]

Michele ~ Congrats to your DS and his wife! Nice they will be closer to you. And yes, the timing will be just perfect for us to move. Building a home is very exciting. This is actually new build #5 for us. I'm excited to a certain extent, but leaving my girls here in New Mexico is not going to be easy.

Debra ~ That Me Time Melt sounds delish...my kind of bakery goodness. [smilie=th_LOVE]

I tried for a Vintage Chic order the other day and FINALLY succeeded! [smilie=th_dancing_smile] Oh, and also got in a Lasting Scent order yesterday. [smilie=bagover]

LSC Peppermint Marshmallow Snow

ST Harry's Holiday ~ Magically Delicious, French Baguette, and Blue Sugar

Homemade Stainless Steel (a fresh and clean scent)

Night!

[smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

NMHoneybear-Good Luck with your new home! I can understand leaving your girls will be difficult I'm sure. If I move to Ohio for a few years I will feel terrible leaving my children. They aren't really children anymore though I guess.

Melting SGA Noel Eats Cake and Cereal at 7.

Michele ~ No, they are not really children anymore at 20 and 22, but they will ALWAYS be my babies, and a part of me can't help but feel I am abandoning them, something I promised myself never to do because of my own childhood experience. I hope you don't have to stand in my shoes, but it was comforting to hear you mimic my feelings. We, too, may only be there until his retirement 5 1/2 years from now, but somehow that's not making it any easier.

LSC Snicklefritz

Melting a Yankee Cinnamon Sticks candle because I heard it was good juju for selling houses. ;)

Funny Honeybear - I hope it works! We used to use Sugar Cookie. Good score on the sales. Sometimes they happen at really hard times to hit!

The eclipse was pretty amazing. The traffic after, a nightmare! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Tonight - Fig Lychee from Cheryl's.

Hi Everybody!

Honeybear- my "children" are 33, 30 and 27 and I feel exactly like you do. If I do move it's at most 5 or so years like you. They are my babies and I would miss them. Sounds like we are in the same exact situation. Even if I move I would still come back to the house here every month or two for a short stay.

Melting BBW Salted Vanilla candle tonight. Really enjoying this. I caved for some of the Fall Candles on their sale this weekend.

Debra-did it get dark during the eclipse where you are?

Michele - we did not have totality - it was about 99% and like twilight - there were crescent moon shadows everywhere - so cool!

Tonight - Pink Jasmine from Shayz Scentz.

Good Morning!

Debra-that does sound really cool. We didn't have any darkness here.

Melting very out of season this morning-LSC Candy Cane Kisses. I started going through one of my old melt drawers and these 2 were leaking all over every other melt inside the bag. They had to be melted. LSC really becomes a sloppy mess over time. They are those they need to be melted ASAP.

Enjoy the day everyone!

:hello:

Debra ~ I'll bet that was super cool to have it so dark. It was a cloudy, unusually overcast day here, so it didn't look dark for any reason other than that. lol

Michele ~ Yes, you and I are definitely in the same boat, except your children are a little older than mine. My youngest is feeling like she's being "pushed out" earlier than she would like (even though she understands the situation), so that has been difficult. But I am planning to come back frequently, it's just we don't want to keep this big house. How far away will you be if you move to Ohio?

LSC Citrus Trifle Bread

TCC Pumpkin Cheesecake and Toasted Marshmallow ~ blended this on my own and it smells delicious!

Homemade Lavender Sugar Cookie

The LSC tarts sure do get messy. That's how I know which one to pick...when they start getting icky. :lol: