The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Ringing in the New Year with Scents of Good Cheer!

Good evening, all. :)

Maggie ~ Glad to hear you had a nice time at the shower, and hope that toe heals up quickly and nicely. I broke my pinkie toe last Spring and it still hurts and looks weird. :(

Biolaeagles ~ Hope you and DS #1 enjoyed the movie. [smilie=yes]

BL Berry Bundt Cake

CFTKR White Cake

TCC Sugar Cookie

Homemade Fresh Lilac

Burning a couple of PL Autumn Glow votives in the kitchen and a couple of homemade Peony in the bathroom.

I'm happy to have my DH home for a few days before he is off to Israel again on Thursday for a few weeks. Really do our best to appreciate each and every moment together. Tonight it's doctored-up frozen pizza and wine. Ahhh...the simple pleasures in life. [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Honeybear - Glad your DH is home with you! [smilie=yes] I hope he's been able to travel around Israel a little when he's there.

Good Sunday morning! [smilie=The_Hi] I'm burning B&BW's Merry Cookie and melting K's Fresh Brewed Coffee on this drizzly morning. It's raining, but not enuf to melt the snow we had earlier in the week, just turning it to ice [smilie=th_roll] & supposed to turn colder today and back to a little snow. Yep....that's January here. [smilie=th_pardon]

Good morning, everyone!

Honeybear, enjoy your DH!! th_slider_hi5.gif

DS # 1 did really well in the theater. Shortygal, I know what you mean! I sat on the aisle in case we had to go, and there were a few times he commented on the movie a little loudly, but that wasn't too bad considering the theater was full of kids talking at times. I think he had a really fun time, and it's nice to know I can bring him in the future to an animated kid film. th_avatar_4219.gif

Today it's Waffle Cone in both melters from HHS. th_slider_flirt.gif

Hello

Thanks Honeybear. :) I think I'm gonna be in the same boat as you with the weirdness. I hope your toe stop hurting soon!

And I'm glad you are enjoying the time with your DH.

Biolaeagles..Yay for your sons first movie experience!! What fun! I'm glad it worked out! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Sweet..ice? Yikes. That's not good at all. We had sleet today which made getting in and out if church very tricky. [smilie=th_thConfus_55]

So today it's..

Celestial by AS upstairs

And downstairs it's CFOW Mango Cream Filled Twinkies...I'm so frustrated with these. I was sent samples of these amazing scents which were strong and wonderful so I ordered bags of them. When they arrived I got nothing. I waited a couple weeks...nothing. So I stored them away for 7 months....still nothing. :(

Have a good one. :)

Hi All!

Sweet - I received my Crossroads candles last week. They are Santa's Cookie Crumble, Grandma's Kitchen, and French Toast. I like all three, but in my home they do not throw as well as some of their other scents. Brown Sugar Frosting, Buttered Maple Syrup, Sugar Cookie, and Vanilla Hazelnut do really well in my home.

Regarding the artwork - I thought there was a decent amount of artwork being offered when I went onto their website today. I did notice it seemed to depend on the scent you are ordering.

Biolaeagles & Katz - Wonderful baby news! Congrats!

Today burning Warm Sugar Cookie from Tyler Candles - a favorite!

MaggieMae - That's disappointing that the sample was much stronger. :( Consistency in scent strength is something I depend on when ordering from vendors. Have U ordered here often enuf that this one was unusual or have U noticed a consistency problem before with this vendor? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Sweet - I received my Crossroads candles last week. They are Santa's Cookie Crumble, Grandma's Kitchen, and French Toast. I like all three, but in my home they do not throw as well as some of their other scents. Brown Sugar Frosting, Buttered Maple Syrup, Sugar Cookie, and Vanilla Hazelnut do really well in my home.

Denny - Thanks for the info! [smilie=th_sign0162]

I'm melting Thirty Street's Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animal (name is from movie Home Alone 2... mulberry, cranberry orange, orange danish, vanilla cupcake) from a CF pal [smilie=th_teks0311] .....soooo good and strong, too!

Good Morning

Whelp, it looks like I have to ammend my report. [smilie=th_sSig_what] The MCFT ended up lasting quite a while....I smelled it this morning even after having an "oven smoke out" the night before. Now, it's not a super big thrower but it's a mild long laster. ;) It's probably a good idea to have a scent like this around for company...my girls had friends over last night and they smelled it just fine and liked it. (Then they were given a tour of my numerous candles and tarts by my girls! [smilie=bagover] )

So today I'm trying a different CFOW...Mr. Patchy's Sweet Cream Gelato- White Chocolate, Coconut cream, vanilla ice cream, Splash of Pumpkin pecan waffles. Now, this is strong....right away. It's not even fully melted and it's throwing like crazy. My kinda throw. So, I do think this company needs a pretty long cure time...but I do love her blends.

Sweet, I suppose the sample I received may have been an older tart so it threw much better...but idk. I'm happy things are working out now...I was bummed when I was getting nothing from them before.

And upstairs it's VCS Meet me in St Louis...nice clean laundry scent.

Have a good one. :)

Hello [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

I've been gone from this site almost two years because I went back to work and am just now rebalancing life! I see references to SGA...Im assuming this is sassy girl,yet when I googled her, there is nothing on her site except body and an easter surprise bag. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, wanting to place an order for my classroom burner, as I teach 5th grade and they get smelly after recess. ;). Any deals or great vendors yall can recommend? Tired of Scentsy. Also must have great throw.

During my hiatus, I got lazy and only bought scentsy from a lady at work or seasonal BBW candles. I have missed coming on here to hear about great vendors and scent.

You are such a nice community to read, even if I didn't post much. Off today thanks to MLKJr., going on walk with neighbor and taking sons to movies. I'm burning Stawberry Cream from AJ's on ETSY. (Teachers receive lots of candles as gifts)

th_76d65c2f.gifGood morning!

lonegirl - Welcome back! :) Some vendors in random order that I enjoy are.. K's Kreations, Can Do Candles, Olde Primitive Treasures, Ten Digit Creations, Haley's Heavenly Scents, Crosscreek Country Candles.

Maggie - I had to laugh at the bag over the head. I know I'd be feeling the same way! They were probably loving it all though!

NMhoneybear - I hope you are enjoying some nice quality time with your hubby th_aa17.gif

I am melting Butter Brickle from TDC th_cc15.gif

my girls had friends over last night and they smelled it just fine and liked it. (Then they were given a tour of my numerous candles and tarts by my girls! [smilie=bagover] )

MaggieMae - Seeing your waxie's, your DD's friends were either like :blink: or [smilie=th_snoopy] running home to tell their mom's they need to get some waxies, too. :D Don't be surprised if their mom's call ya cuz they wanna sniff, too!

I see references to SGA...Im assuming this is sassy girl,yet when I googled her, there is nothing on her site except body and an easter surprise bag. Am I doing something wrong?

Lonegirl - [smilie=th_hello] Good to C U...glad to hear you're still waxin'! SGA has gone to the RTS waxies, you just caught her in a time there's not much available. Keep checking, some will show up.

Some vendors in random order that I enjoy are.. K's Kreations, Can Do Candles, Olde Primitive Treasures, Ten Digit Creations, Haley's Heavenly Scents, Crosscreek Country Candles.

[smilie=iagree] Those are good ones...and also Front Porch (they have good & unique blends). I like CFTKR and Lasting Scents too, but they open & close pretty often, so U have to catch them when they're open. There are actually quite a few very good vendors...read back on this thread and the damage threads to find more. :sHa_thumbgoodjob:

I'm burning B&BW's Pumpkin Gingerbread - starts smelling so good within minutes of lighting it...gotta luv that! :wub:

Good morning, ladies! th_oregonian_mornincoffee.gif

Maggie, that's sad about most of CFOW's tarts being duds for you. th_sad2hz1.gif

Lonegirl, welcome back! yes.gif Some companies I like (that are easy to order from) are Tiffany's Candles, Wilma's, Sassy Girl Aroma (she only restocks once in awhile, which is why there is nothing on her site at present), Front Porch, Ava's Country Candles, Sugar & Spice, Haley's Heavenly Scents, Tara's Candle Cottage, Scensei, and K's Kreations. th_drool33456183iw4.gifI echo Sweet when I say I also love CFTKR and LSC, but they are very difficult to order from since they do openings every few weeks for just a few minutes long.

Today DH is home for MLK day (yay!) and is taking the boys to the Discovery Cube for the Legoland exhibit. Meanwhile, I have my 16 week OB appointment. th_pardon.gif

I'm currently melting Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies from CFTKR and a homemade Gingerbread Applesauce tart. th_slider_flirt.gif

Thanks! Who are the vendors that typically throw in some freebies?

CFTKR is the BEST at freebies, but once again, hard to order from. I think most companies throw in at least a few, depending on how much you order. Haley's gives you a free 6-pack of tarts that you get to select if you order over $50 with free shipping.th_avatar_4219.gif

Good Afternoon!

I'm melting Vanilla Bean Buttercream from Scentsy

Wishing all a great day!

Hey...

Whelp...the MPSCG kicked...it had a white chocolate note that is okay but not my favorite so after 9 hours, it's time for a change. ;)

Now it's Taras Sticky Pumpkin Sugar Cookie...yummy!

And burning Eggnog from Barn Candles

Hey lonegirl! [smilie=The_Hi] Nice to see you again. I agree with the above posters...but I'd add Dessas on etsy....great stuff. The all time winner for freebies has to be Carol from CFTKR. I think she'll be opening soon.

Thanks for all the help and greetings. Biolaeagles, we had to put our DS2 in speech preschool at 2.5 years old, and I was so sad to have him gone, but after a few weeks he started talking SO much, and they eventually kicked him out cuz he talked so much the other kids wouldn't! It was a blessing.

Burning BBW vanilla bean Noel and scentsy mandarin moon

Shortygal - That sounds good! Is coffee the dominant note & is it strong? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Good Tuesday morning! I've been burning B&BW's Spiced Apple Toddy...great apple/spice scent! :wub: Time to change scents....decisions....decisions [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] ...but a good dilemma! [smilie=th_200912104451]

Enjoy your day everyone! [smilie=th_E_JUMP16667]

Good morning! Just put together a big batch of chili in the crock pot and changed out a few melters to Pumpkin Caramel Swirl from Goose Creek and Spiced Pumpkin Pie from BH&G. All the smells are mingling together nicely. Mmm.....

Good afternoon, ladies! th_76d65c2f.gif

Today was DS # 1's first day of school, and DH took him (I'm picking him up). DH said that DS was really upset and didn't want him to leave.th_sad2hz1.gif It was really hard on both parties emotionally, but DS ended up playing with some kids on the playground after a few minutes. I miss him a lot today too; the house feels so empty and quiet! I'm hoping he will acclimate well to the teacher, students, and environment.

Lonegirl, thanks for you story; that was encouraging! I'm hoping my DS will advance quickly too. yes.gif

Mpfand, that chili sounds yummy! biggrin.gif It's even a little chilly here today in SoCal.

Today I'm melting Cotton Candy Frosting/ Birthday Cake/ Waffle Cone from HHS.