The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Sizzling Scents of August

I'm sad to say that Isis passed away this morning. She was doing so well, but had another attack of the panting and lethargy at about 6am so we went back to the vet and it didn't improve this time. They'd also received the test results back showing she had large cell lymphoma that was likely in her brain and the root of the attacks. The chemo treatments would be aggressive and likely only prolong things for a few weeks, and I just couldn't do that to her when she was so obviously in distress as it was.

She's been my little buddy for 15 years and it's going to be really strange not to have her around, no matter how often she made me nuts with her antics :(

Burning my favorite candle, YC Sparkling Angel.

Awww Rivercat, I'm so sorry for your loss! That's such a hard thing to go through.th_empathy.gif

Maggie, isn't the Honeydew Pear Colada scent AMAZING?!th_slider_flirt.gif

Tonight I'm melting Ocean Waves from a talented CFer and Blue Cerulean from Wilma's gifted from a CF pal- these are nice and relaxing! th_WE1summer013.gif

[smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] Oh Rivercat, I'm so sorry about little Isis.

This morning I'm taking another try with Kimrie Anne's.

It's Apple Pie Ice Cream Vanilla Sugar Waffle Cone....smells great cold. ;)

Rivercat, I'm so sorry about Isis. :(

My sister had wonderful birthday. Thank you for the birthday wishes for her. The day of her birthday she had her head shaved. She is a nurse and she did it as a tribute to her cancer patients and also to mark a new beginning in her life. She is really remarkable and has come so far since she moved here last October.♥ I'm getting ready to go to San Diego with her and my cousin for a girls weekend and also to see my nephew who is recovering from hernia surgery. I'm melting a family favorite, Black Raspberry Vanilla from Scentsy. I also packed a plug in with Cerise from Scentsy. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! ★

Mpfand, I hope you have a nice weekend in San Diego! It should be nice and cool there.th_WE1summer013.gif

Today I'm melting Blackberry Marshmallow Latte from SMT and Pecan Twirl Muffin from SSW (from a sweet CF friend). th_slider_flirt.gifth_bb20.gif

Oh, Rivercat, I am so sorry to see this about Isis. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] We lost our sweet Dharma this past January so I can really empathize with what you are feeling. [smilie=th_empathy]

SGA Blueberry Rock Candy

FP Sweet Potato Cupcakes

FP Lavender, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, and Spearmint

Partylite Hawaiian Hibiscus

Homemade Downy Fresh and Lavender Cotton

I brought the boys to the park, ran an errand, and now the boys are napping. I'm relaxing with the scents of Strawberry Zucchini Cream Cake from S&S (a favorite!) and Tropical Bread from Wilma's gifted to me. thank_you.gif

Rivercat - I'm so sorry sweet Isis has passed away. I know how much your heart is hurting. You're in my prayers for comfort. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Mpfand - Your sister sounds pretty special! Have a fun time in San Diego! [smilie=th_drinks]

Susan - [smilie=th_ef3416a0] If you're reading here, that must mean you're feeling better and I hope we'll see U soon!

I'm melting CCCC's Iced Lemon Biscotti - not uber lemony as I thought it might be, but it's an [smilie=th_cc15] bakery scent!

Happy to report the Kimrie Anne's did great!

Mpfand....I say to your sis... [smilie=th_yourock] ! She sounds like a great lady!

It's LCP Mango Cotton Candy Frosting... [smilie=th_snoopy]

Thank you for all the prayers and good wishes. The hardest thing is coming home to a pet-less house at night. We've had dogs and cats and other assorted critters in the family my entire life :(

Mpfand, what an awesome thing for your sister to do! Have a wonderful time in SD.

Burning B&BW Summertime S'mores.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Rivercat. We miss those little kitties so much. She had a blessed life with you, you've been such a wonderful momma to her.

Tonight I can't smell what I am melting - in the house. Outside, I can smell it coming through the bedroom window. :huh:

I am definitely pampered tonight after having a busy week- DH is building our breakfast nook while I read and sniff my Pink Sugar/Berry Me Alive candle from Tiffany's, and melt a homemade Strawberry/Blueberry Bread tart.th_drool33456183iw4.gif I am trying to be good and not order the Pumpkin Doughnut B&BW candle until next month, but it is CALLING me..ahh! help.gifGoodnight, everyone! thzzz003.gif

Hi ladies. Rivercat I'm sorry to hear about your fur baby. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

I'm not melting or burning anything yet, moving very slow. I had surgery on Tuesday and went home on Wednesday afternoon. I had my appendicitis removed also, doc said they didn't look very good. Thanks you all for all the prayers, I great appreciate it. I won't be able to work for 4-6 weeks. See you later.

Cookielady-Feel Better soon and hope you are finally on the way to feeling better!

Biolaeagles -That Pumpkin Doughnut candle sounds good.

Melting Ava's Blueberry Pumpkin Cream Cake.

Susan...[smilie=th_ef3416a0] I hope you feel better each day!! You've been through a lot.

Debra...that's funny. You can only smell it outside? [smilie=th_scratch] Weird.

This morning it's Hay Creek Candles Creekside Bake Shoppe...smells like Celtic Moonspice to me which is a-ok!! :sHa_thumbgoodjob:

Rivercat - I know what U mean...our pets definitely have a spirit and it's noticeable when they're not here with us. [smilie=th_empathy] You'll know when the time is right to bring another furry ball of love into your home.

Bioleagles - I'm waiting until later for a B&BW's candle too - we can DO this! There'll always be more sales. [smilie=th_sign0162] In the meantime....I just may have to stop by their store to sniff em! :D

Susan - So glad to C U [smilie=The_Hi] .... I hope you're feeling stronger every day!

I'm melting a scentsperiment of KK's Fresh Brewed Coffee + Waffle Cone. Just had a small piece of the waffle cone, so it smells mostly of coffee, but that's a gooood thing! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

th_hello.gif

Susan, rest up and recover soon!thzzz003.gif

Sweet, yes, we can resist the call of wax, right?!bagover.gif

Today I'm melting K's Kona Cookies and a CF pal's Toasted Coconut Coffee House- yummers!!th_smilies-2.gif

Susan ~ Hope you recuperate quickly. [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

Rivercat ~ Still thinking of you and the loss of your sweet kitty. [smilie=th_empathy]

My poor DD#1 is trying to recover from last night. She hit a dog on her way home from work and is taking it real hard. [smilie=th_cry2yw3] It had been raining off and on all day and with the high humidity, her windows were all fogged up and she didn't even see it. That turned out to be a blessing, though, because had she seen it, she would have probably tried to avoid it and either hit another car or possibly lost control of her own and had a serious accident. The officer assured her she did the right thing and that this is what unfortunately happens when people don't restrain their animals. They teach then in driving school to keep going straight if an animal is in front of them. So grateful she wasn't hurt, though her new car sustained $1500 worth of damage. :o

Waxie Lady Glazed Lemon Sugar Cookie

Daphne's Wildberry Lemon Zucchini Bread

Oh Honeybear...your poor DD! [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] I know how heart wrenching that can be....she just needs some time to pass cause right now she can still feel it. I hit a squirrel once and I cried so can only imagine her sadness. I am so glad that she is ok cause you are absolutely right....it could have been even worse.

Changing the scents...

Gryffindor by Super tarts

Violette by VCS

Sweet, yes, we can resist the call of wax, right?!bagover.gif

Biolaeagles - Yep...that's the plan. But...ya know what they say about plans. [smilie=th_giggle] Not to worry....there's no rule that sez either of us can't go ahead and grab a candle....or two...[smilie=th_foolish1]

Honeybear - Awww....I'm so sorry that happened to your DD! [smilie=th_empathy] As hard as it is to deal with, the officer was right and all drivers need to remember that. I'm so glad she's ok! I know how sad she feels cuz I also hit a dog when I wasn't much older than her. I was on a country road and it just ran out, no collar, didn't even know who it belonged to. My friends that don't leash their dogs probably tire of me telling them that if their dog isn't trained to stop on a dime at their command to please PLEASE keep them on a leash. :soapbox: Better they roll their eyes at me than get a horrible consequence for their pet.

I'm melting FP's Apple Cider Bread. It's good, but the apple note is strong! :blink: I wonder if they changed the formula...don't remember it being this strong.

Good Morning....beautiful day here. [smilie=th_806e4b7f]

It's WWS Salty Sea Air

TSC Mighty Neptune

Wonderful ozone scents....just beautiful.

Have a good one. :)

I hit a dog once also. It was a small dog that ran out of his yard. I never saw him. I was going slow also on a residential street. The problem was I got sued and I had to go to court. The owner had many witnesses and they all testified in my favor. I felt bad as it was that the dog died and I went back to apologize but this man called my house and called me names and then sued me. Very upsetting experience.

Melting a great one today-Frosted Punkin' Bliss from KK. Fantastic vendor so far.