The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

April's Addicting Aromas

Happy Monday....trying hard to wake up!! Melting CFTKR's Coffee Cake & spice this morning @ work:)

Sweet ~ Those treats your mom used to make for you sound yummy! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Biolaeagles ~ I'm jealous of your time by the pool. DH got ours open yesterday, but it's been far too chilly to even lie out there. Glad you got to enjoy!

Debra ~ I feel sorry for your MIL. That must be so hard! [smilie=th_empathy]

Nene's Mint Angel Cake

Debra, I'm sorry to hear about your MIL! I hope she adjusts soon.

Maggie, I thought the trilogy was interesting! It definitely made me want to finish and find out the development of the characters, but the writing is nothing inspired. blush.gif

Today I'm melting Sweet Strawberry Cake Batter from HHS and Vanilla Butter Fudge from Can-Do. th_FULL_O17.gif

[smilie=th_Hello_] everyone! Long time no see! Spring Break happened here so I was busy all day every day, and what little time I had with the computer had to be used on homework in order to keep up. I melted a LOT while I was away from here though....a lot of my YC tarts are starting to fade I think.

Melted: Scentsy Watermelon Mint

Luminessence Vanilla (my first re-buy! I had to go to the Dollar Tree anyway because honestly they have the cheapest cleaning materials like sponges and gloves)

YC Cherry Lemonade

YC Vanilla Lime (good but short throw)

YC Meyer Lemon

YC Sparkling Vanilla (no throw for me on this one)

YC Buttercream (again no throw)

YC Vanilla Satin (big musk note, I hated it and dumped it immediately)

YC Merry Marshmallow

YC Christmas Cookie (short lived throw here too)

YC Milk n' Cookies

HHS Pink Frosting (short lived throws on these too, but I discovered a rip in the cello bag [smilie=th_cray] )

Candles: BHG Sweet Cherry Pie

Currently I have going:

YC Snowflake Cookie in LR

Glade Pure Vanilla Joy in BR (these cubes last no time. Glad I got these on sale!)

BHG Creamy Tahitian Coconut candle in kitchen

Hello hello, since its raining here, my dog is freaking out because shes scared of rain, even with the window open it smelled a little 'wet doggy' in here, so I thought it was a perfect time to bust out Mainstays- Garden Rain I always have loved this scent, very fresh and clean.

Debra- hope your MIL adjusts soon. I am having a very difficult time with my parents right now. They are having a very hard time adjusting to change in their life but they aren't able to do many of the things that they were used to doing. Not easy.

Melting a very pleasant scent this evening- HHS Gooey Glazed Jelly Donuts.

Trying to transition MIL to a new care facility. She is not happy, she wants to live in her own home by herself. She is being a stinker to the staff there! :huh:

Debra - Sorry to hear your MIL had to go to another facility. :( I'm sure the staff are accustomed to clients that aren't happy about being there. Truth be told, I probably wouldn't either. I hope she feels better about it soon.

its raining here, my dog is freaking out because shes scared of rain

Salem - Aww....poor pup. [smilie=th_huganimal] She's even scared when there are no thunderstorms...just rain? Have U ever tried a Thundershirt on her?

I am having a very difficult time with my parents right now. They are having a very hard time adjusting to change in their life but they aren't able to do many of the things that they were used to doing. Not easy.

Michele - I'm sorry your parents are having difficulties adjusting, too. Which means their difficulties become yours. [smilie=th_insane] Are they still able to be in their own home? There are quite a few agencies that are able to help with elderly home care now so family caregivers aren't overwhelmed - have U checked any of those out to help?

I'm melting McCalls Country Store. It's a rainy, grey, cool day here and this scent always seems kinda homey & comforting to me - I never tire of it! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Salem, I hope your doggy is able to relax during the rain...poor thing!th_huganimal.gif

Candlelove, I'm sorry you've been having a rough time with your parents. I'm sure it's tough for them to not be able to be as independent as they want, and tough for you too!th_empathy.gif

Tonight it's Marshmallow Sugar Cookie and Amish Ice Cream Bread from SI. Question for you SI people- do you guys melt her tarts in a 24 or 18 watt burner? I notice that the scent seems to burn out really fast, so I'm not sure if I'm using the wrong warmer or not.th_confused3.gif

Debra, I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. Hopefully she'll adjust soon. It's so difficult for everyone involved.

DC, I love the dollar store!

Salem, the poor pup! I hope she wasn't too upset.

Tonight melting YC Early Sunrise--really liking this!--and B&BW Watermelon Lemonade.

'night all!

Thank you for all the MIL support. It is a tough adjustment for her. (And us...)

Tonight is a really really oldie - Mookie Doodle - Green Tea Frappe

Good Morning! I have fallen behind again!

Over the weekend, I remember melting Mid Summer's Night by Haleys and burning 2 Shooting Star candles by ScentBeads (grocery store acquisition) along with it, they smell very much alike, a favorite "good smelling man" smell to me!

Rewarming (to change out later) Rain Kissed by Scentsationals from yesterday, while enjoying a Morenci candle, Pomegranate.

Also a Karma (Lush Type) tart, a sample from unknown vendor finishing it's life in my room.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

[smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

Good afternoon from a sunny Wales!!!

Today I'm melting

Bedroom. Brown Sugar Pecan by Jo's Scentsational

Kitchen. Under the Palms by YC

Living Room. Poached Pear by Kringle

Have a lovely day everyone xxxxx

Good Afternoon all...

Biolaeagles, I melt my SI on a 24 hot plate warmer(the only kind I own) and I own both her parasoy and paraffin. Her paraffin melts usually last forever for me but I am not a fan of how her paraffin solidifies as soon as you take it off the warmer. When I try to wipe it out hot I have a heck of a time. I now ask her to make me a parasoy blend which last about 4 hours strong and then fades rather quickly, if you have a lower wattage warmer you may have better luck or you can always email Tami and ask. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

It was Nikis Wax Cotton Candy Cookies this morning

And now it's Edible Bouquet from Sugar Scoops Wax

Upstairs it's LSC Pink Ocean Air

Have a good one.

Good afternoon from a sunny Wales!!!

[smilie=th_wave] Hello back to you from sunny Ohio!

I melt my SI on a 24 hot plate warmer(the only kind I own) and I own both her parasoy and paraffin. Her paraffin melts usually last forever for me but I am not a fan of how her paraffin solidifies as soon as you take it off the warmer. When I try to wipe it out hot I have a heck of a time.

MaggieMae - Have you tried melting her paraffin wax in Can-Do's nonstick tart pans? I bet they might work. The only wax I've had stick in those was 100% soy, everything else just sliiiiides right out when the wax cools. [smilie=kewl]

I'm melting CFTKR's Harvest Zucchini. Kinda hated to melt it :icon_cry: ...it's the cutest lil bunny shape. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] [smilie=th_anyminute] Ok...I'm over it. :D

Fragrant Memories Moonlight Path tonight. This is having a hard time melting. Not much scent.

Sweet and Biolaeagles-we have some home health care in place but not enough to cover rides to dialysis three times a week. It has just been very overwhelming lately. We are still trying to sort it out. It is very frustrating for them.

MaggieMae - Have you tried melting her paraffin wax in Can-Do's nonstick tart pans? I bet they might work. The only wax I've had stick in those was 100% soy, everything else just sliiiiides right out when the wax cools. [smilie=kewl]

I do have one of those Sweet....but I am a big hot wax changer....and sadly, I forgot it was metal.....and ahhhh.....went to pick it up.....and burned my finglets!! [smilie=th_sad2hz1] I just don't have the patience to let wax cool and then pop it out. I even forget to let the palm wax cool and that's the whole convenience of it. [smilie=th_confused3]

I'm so sorry about what you and your parents are going through, Michele. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Michele, I hope everything gets sorted out with your parents soon.

Debra, I hope your MIL settles in soon. It's a difficult and emotional transition for everyone involved. I remember what a hard time both of my grandma's had when they had to leave their homes.

Melting Perk Me Up from Scentsy and Frosted Almond Bicotti from BH&G.

Good Evening!

During the day I melted some oldies, and they just didn't have that **oomph** anymore.

-_-

English Ivy by Aunt Nenas (is she still around?)

Also English Ivy by Dream Tarts, this must have been a sample, it was a single and still wrapped in it's "saran wrap".

:huh:

Along with those, I burned a candle, Tropical Ferns by Aroma Beads

I just changed everything up, so this evening it's:

Pink Sugared Blueberries by Butterfly Lane Scents

Black Currant Tea by a lovely CF friend

Muscadine Vine by Buggytown

and

Bubblezooka by Cozy Cottage in DS room

Enjoy the rest of your day, everyone.

Wishing peace to all who are struggling.

[smilie=th_empathy]

I do have one of those Sweet....but I am a big hot wax changer....and sadly, I forgot it was metal.....and ahhhh.....went to pick it up.....and burned my finglets!! [smilie=th_sad2hz1] I just don't have the patience to let wax cool and then pop it out.

MaggieMae - Yeouch...that hurts!! [smilie=th_a136] I did that once, too. :icon_rolleyes: I can't wait to put a new scent on either. Now I pick up the hot pan off the melter with a pair of pliers and put it in a spare bowl until it cools. Sometimes the tips of the pliers get dipped into the hot wax, but it comes off easily. [smilie=yes]

MaggieMae - Yeouch...that hurts!! [smilie=th_a136] I did that once, too. :icon_rolleyes: I can't wait to put a new scent on either. Now I pick up the hot pan off the melter with a pair of pliers and put it in a spare bowl until it cools. Sometimes the tips of the pliers get dipped into the hot wax, but it comes off easily. [smilie=yes]

Sweet...this cracked me up! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] Your use of a "pair of pliers" to change out you melters is so funny! What a bunch of nuts we wax fiends are! [smilie=th_5337c1ad]

P.S. Sorry you got burned, Maggie. [smilie=th_empathy]

Michele ~ So sorry things are tough with your parents. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

BH&G Splash

Homemade Pamaretto, Cranberry Peach Cider, and Sweetheart Zucchini Bread

Morning all....

Sweet...pliers? [smilie=th_cc8]

It's Cinnamon Sugar Pastries from Ten Digit and

Sweetheart Zucchini Bread from a CF pal....thanks!

Smells great!

Have a good one! ;)