The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Love is a Many Scented Thing

Good Evening!

[smilie=th_jay]

Today was a change of pace - Root Beer by Seabreeze in 3 warmers and Root Beer Float by LSC in another. Not my usual, but an interesting twist.

Be Dazzled by LSC in my room. I'm not sure what this is supposed to smell like (it's got a lollipop on the lid, but it doesn't smell like that to me) . . . unfortunately you can no longer read scent descriptions on that site.

Fresh Air by Scentsationals

Black Canyon by Starlight Chandling - this is one of the very few that had any throw, which is great because I love this scent!!

Have a good night, everyone!

[smilie=th_offtobed]

Thanks so much everyone! And yes, MaggieMae, I DID say yes! I was just so shocked that it took me a second to reply. [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] We've been dating almost 3 years so it's not totally out of the blue, but I think it is just a surprising thing, you know?

Still on my huge peppermint/vanilla/chocolate kick.

I got some adorable boxes for my tarts at Michael's! They're damask-style prints and I lurve them. If the cat scratches them I will be so very annoyed. They're smooth so I think they'll be safe though. I was also bad and got tarts/clamshells from a couple places....Meijer had a ton of grocery items on their 10 items for $10, get the 11th free, so they drew me in with that....and then I found the wax aisle.....

MaggieMae, I can relate to your love of the snow! When DH and I moved to Connecticut from California, everybody said we'd hate the winter since we were so use to it being so warm here. What's funny is we actually loved the snow, but hated the muggy summers! wink.gif

Tonight I'm melting Kahlua Coffee Cake from LOL and Zucchini Almond Cake from Shayz. th_smilies-2.gif

Yep Biolaeagles...I don't like the humidity in the summers either. Ugh.

Changed up the scents...

HHS Cake Bake

HHS Waffle Cone.....both from a CF pal....smells great!

[smilie=thank_you]

Good night.

MaggieMae - Is that your sweet pup Daisy in your new avatar?

Biolaeagles - I agree...I'm not a fan of the hot/humid in the summer we have in the east. At least now you don't have the humidity during the summer - right?

:hello: I'm unexpectedly home...my car is stuck in the snow in the driveway. [smilie=th_insane] I've made it out before so thought I could again, but not this time. I've shoveled around the car, but there's too much underneath the middle of the car that I can't get to & it keeps getting stuck. Now I'm a big cranky pants [smilie=th_hmph] which isn't helping at all. Hopefully my nephew will be able to help push me out this afternoon. If not....I'm in until the spring thaw. :lol: So I'm melting a comfort scent, UTCS Glazed Lemon Cookies from a CF friend [smilie=thank_you] and it's [smilie=th_fabulous1] !!

Oh No, Maggie! Stuck in the snow!?

:smileysnowangel:

The good news is, I imagine you have a large stash of comfort scents to get you through. Don't you? I know ya do, girl!

:flirtysmile4:

DC - [smilie=th_CONGRA34] on your engagement!

Today I got in a cleaning mood, doing all the sheets and all that good stuff, so I decided to keep the momentum going with my scent choice:

Tide by BRH

and Fresh Air by ScentSationals in the bathrooms and my bedroom

Squeaky Clean by Crabby Candle in DS room

Well, I wish I was doing this:

[smilie=th_WE1summer013]

But alas, I hear a dryer buzzer calling my name

[smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare]

Have a great Tuesday!

It looks like what's left of my Aunt Smellman's order is in town, I'm not holding my breath, or I may

:sAng_explosive:

(I may just do that anyway after the fiasco grrrrrrrr)

Thanks for the well wishes again, everyone. One of my close friends got married recently, so I'm going to pick her brain on how to even plan and organize this whole thing. It's so much stuff to plan, even for a small wedding! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

:hello: I'm unexpectedly home...my car is stuck in the snow in the driveway. [smilie=th_insane] I've made it out before so thought I could again, but not this time. I've shoveled around the car, but there's too much underneath the middle of the car that I can't get to & it keeps getting stuck.

I hope you can dig out soon! I empathize with you because my car froze shut entirely and we had to call AAA to even pry it open a couple weeks ago. It is so very frustrating. Guess I better not keep anything too important in there, as the only way to get in and out with this snowy/icy weather is to keep it unlocked. Thankfully it's an old boat, so I don't think anyone will try to take it.

Still on my peppermint/chocolate/vanilla deliciousness kick:

Melting YC Peppermint Bark in the LR (I love the chocolatey/bakery-ish note in this!)

Burning BHG Chocolate Peppermint Truffle in the kitchen

Melting Soy Serenity Sugar Cane & Vanilla in the BR still.

Oh no Laurie...thank goodness I'm not stuck in the snow!! But I must admit....your assessment of my wax stash is spot on!! LOL [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] How'd ya know? Ahhhh, I think this is one of those...takes one to know one things!! ;)

Noooo....Sweet!! [smilie=th_ANGRY_10] That stinks! I wish I lived near ya cause I'd be there to help shovel ya out!! I hope your nephew can get over there to give you a hand. And...yep that's Daisy with her tongue hanging out. [smilie=th_giggle]

It's been Daphne's Carnivale today.

Have a good one. :)

dc, congratulations! [smilie=th_00000020] Do you have a date set yet?

Sweet, I hope you're able to get your car out soon! :shock:

I haven't been melting for the past couple of days because I managed to get yet another head cold which lead to a sinus and ear infection. Antibiotics are finally kicking in so I turned on a couple of melters today with a favorite from Scentsy-Honey Pear Cider.

Mpfand, ahhhh! I'm so sorry you've had such bad luck with all the sinus infections. I hope you feel better soon!th_aa17.gif

I just switched up to Razzanilla and Candied Apple Cupcakes from LOL. th_shewiggle.gif

Oh no Laurie...thank goodness I'm not stuck in the snow!! But I must admit....your assessment of my wax stash is spot on!! LOL [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] How'd ya know? Ahhhh, I think this is one of those...takes one to know one things!! ;)

You're absolutely right about the "takes one to know one"

[smilie=th_tease-1]

[smilie=th_butbutbut]

I am a complete NINNY - that comment was meant for Sweet and I have NO idea why I typed Maggie - but if the stash fits . . . . .

[smilie=th_biqazm1]

The good news is, I imagine you have a large stash of comfort scents to get you through. Don't you? I know ya do, girl!

Laurie - Welp...ya know that applies to me, too. :D And I'm guessing most everyone on the board. [smilie=th_Whistle] We all gots da waxie fever! :sFun_bananshula:

How was your AS pkg...did U get everything U ordered?

I hope you can dig out soon! I empathize with you because my car froze shut entirely and we had to call AAA to even pry it open a couple weeks ago.

DC - Aww geeze - how awful! Was that the storm with the freezing rain? I did think about calling AAA to tow me out of the driveway, but I kinda don't think that would have been high on their priority list. :lol:

I wish I lived near ya cause I'd be there to help shovel ya out!!

Thanks MaggieMae! I wish all of us on this board lived closer to each other & could get together and have waxie parties - that would be lottsa fun! [smilie=yes]

I'm melting CFTKR's Sweet Indian Bread - different, but I really like it! :sHa_thumbgoodjob: I did get my car back in the garage. After what felt like forever shoveling the snow, a guy down the street came to push me. I thanked him and only had $10 but told him I could give him more tomorrow. He said 'that's ok', so I thought he was good w/that. Then he said 'so..what time is good 4 U tomorrow?' :sFun_ahohno: Oh well, I'm grateful for his help. :) Oh...BTW...we had thundersnow again early this morning at 5am - kinda cool!

Feel better, Mpfand! [smilie=th_empathy]

Congratulations, DC! How exciting! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

I have to tell you guys something hilarious. I sent my DH to Arizona with candles, a tart warmer, and a bunch of tarts for his apartment last month. Friday when he got home for the weekend, one of the first things he said to me was,

"I have to admit that I'm a waxaholic." OMG! I laughed so hard! [smilie=th_laughing]

Do I know how to train 'em, or do I know how to train 'em?! [smilie=th_giggle]

Tiffany Candles Strawberry Cheesecake and Toasted Raspberry Coconut Cake ~ Thanks to a CF friend [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

S&S Blueberry Cookie Bites ~ Re-lit this in the tealight warmer for a second round ~ Super duper strong!

Homemade Nag Champa, Goddess of the Earth, White Sage, Victorian Christmas, and Country Gift Shop ~ Wow! What a hodge podge of scents! [smilie=th_pardon]

Sweet, I just read your saying...I got a good chuckle! Sorry about the snow, hope you are not missing anything important.

Tonight is Dream Tarts - Memories.

I haven't been melting for the past couple of days because I managed to get yet another head cold which lead to a sinus and ear infection.

Feel better soon, Mpfand!! [smilie=th_balloons]

[smilie=th_biqazm1]

Right back atcha.... [smilie=th_biqazm1]

He said 'that's ok', so I thought he was good w/that. Then he said 'so..what time is good 4 U tomorrow?'

What??? [smilie=th_c56] Now, that's what I call a gentleman. :sSig_aaarggh:

Glad you got....unstuck!!

I have to tell you guys something hilarious. I sent my DH to Arizona with candles, a tart warmer, and a bunch of tarts for his apartment last month. Friday when he got home for the weekend, one of the first things he said to me was,

"I have to admit that I'm a waxaholic."

[smilie=kewl] Another one crosses over to the dark side..... :sSig_Muahaha:

I've got JLC&C Coconut Pear

And TCC Toasted Raspberry Coconut Cake from a CF pal....super yummy....thankie!

Have a good night.

dc, congratulations! [smilie=th_00000020] Do you have a date set yet?

I haven't been melting for the past couple of days because I managed to get yet another head cold which lead to a sinus and ear infection.

We need to set a date still. I would rather be graduated from school first because that's one less thing to deal with in the name-change range of things. But I graduate this Spring, so we'd probably have to wait that long anywho. I'd also like to be able to do more of the planning when I'm not drowning in homework. My keeping track of things is spotty at best, to be truthful.

Hope you're feeling better mpfand!

[/center][/left][/left]

DC - Aww geeze - how awful! Was that the storm with the freezing rain? I did think about calling AAA to tow me out of the driveway, but I kinda don't think that would have been high on their priority list. :lol:

I can't even remember exactly at this point! We had been using BF's truck for a while because it has ABS brakes (yes, my car predates THOSE), and that's a little safer in the snow. But this time we were taking the car because we like to take my grandmother with us to the store because she doesn't drive and it's such a pain to do grocery shopping on the bus, not to even mention the weather at the time. So we needed more than 2 full seats and all that lovely huge trunk space.

I have all the same melts and candles going. [smilie=th_paper-bag]

Just wanted to reply to people before I totally and entirely forgot. See, can't keep track of a thing! :tongue:

Edit: Now melting YC's Merry Marshmallow in the LR. DO LIKE. It has this toasty note to it that I am really into. I think it pairs well with the chocolate/mint/vanilla thing I have going on. [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

[smilie=th_hello]

It smells SO good in here!

Salty Sea Breeze by SeaBreeze Scents **

Celestial Seas by LSC

Salty Surf by ScentSationals

[smilie=th_Whistle] Insert soundbyte from the Old Spice commercial [smilie=th_Whistle]

I wish I had a "sea-salty" candle to fire up, it's dark and dreary today, but I am sure loving these tarts right now!!

**about SeaBreeze Scents . . . what's the final verdict on them (to those y

of you who have ordered)? What I'm melting today is from my very first order from her, quite awhile back . . . they were cute little cupcakes and I have been very pleased with the throw. Then I read that wax from there had become no-throws.

[smilie=th_thsignA] [smilie=feedback]

Laurie, good job on adding a new recruit to our wax addiction! th_thlaughter.gif

Today I'm melting a cut-up candle in Cinnamon Sugared Doughnut from B&BW. We'll see how the scent throw is! wink.gif

[/center]

Laurie - Welp...ya know that applies to me, too. :D And I'm guessing most everyone on the board. [smilie=th_Whistle] We all gots da waxie fever! :sFun_bananshula:

How was your AS pkg...did U get everything U ordered?

Thanks MaggieMae! I wish all of us on this board lived closer to each other & could get together and have waxie parties - that would be lottsa fun! [smilie=yes]

I'm melting CFTKR's Sweet Indian Bread - different, but I really like it! :sHa_thumbgoodjob: I did get my car back in the garage. After what felt like forever shoveling the snow, a guy down the street came to push me. I thanked him and only had $10 but told him I could give him more tomorrow. He said 'that's ok', so I thought he was good w/that. Then he said 'so..what time is good 4 U tomorrow?' :sFun_ahohno: Oh well, I'm grateful for his help. :) Oh...BTW...we had thundersnow again early this morning at 5am - kinda cool!

I'm happy you were able to get your car unstuck...th_shocked_sick_big.gif DS got his hung up the other day backing out of the drive way. and DH had to come and pull him out with a chain. I hope this winter is bidding it's adieu very soon...