The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Love is a Many Scented Thing

I heard Butterfly Lane is closed for good. :(

Oh, that makes me sad! She was the first vendor I ever tried loaves from and I remember being so excited even tho I felt funny ordering "clean" scents in beautiful, foodworthy looking loaves! I don't see her on FB and her site just says CLOSED with no explanation.

Today I am warming my first ever Goose Creek tarts - Plantation Row. I'm not sure how well I like these, the wax seems really soft and they all seem to have a strange perfumey note. The scent today is Plantation Row

Have a wonderful evening!

I'm confused, did you mean Nene's Kitchen Melts or Aunt Nena's? If it is about Nene's Kitchen Melts I am all ears on overall thoughts on her as well! My to-try list is super long. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

[smilie=th_oops_] I meant Nene's Kitchen Melts. Do give her a try at some point--good stuff!

Rivercat, Season Four is sooo good!

I'm about 2 episodes behind. So much good tv to watch these days! ;) I also just got a book by Wendy Wax called "While We Were Watching Downton Abbey" from the library after my mom raved about it.

Have been burning YC Sparkling Angel throughout the afternoon, and just added Sweet Fixations Lemon Noel in the bedroom melter.

I heard Butterfly Lane is closed for good. :(

[smilie=crap] :crysmiley1:

Went to Goodwill today and found a tart melter and a candle sleeve/ jar plate combo from Yankee Candle in brass for $3 total! The original price stickers were still on the bottom and all together it would have been about $35 at the store. It's got a ton of cutouts in swirly patterns and is very Indian-inspired to me. The tealight warmer has a little door cutout that the light also peeks through.

Does anyone remember a collection of accessories like this? I'd be really interested to see how old the set is.

DC - Score....what a deal! :sHa_okay: You might check on ebay - lots of stuff on there & maybe the description would say what year it's from.

I'm burning Nest's Pumpkin Chai. [smilie=th_fabulous1] !!

DC - Score....what a deal! :sHa_okay: You might check on ebay - lots of stuff on there & maybe the description would say what year it's from.

I did check there right after I posted in hopes that I would find some information. Unfortunately, no dice! [smilie=th_confused3]

They aren't perfect, as whoever donated it left a tart in the melter bowl for who knows how long. That's actually how I figured out that it was a tart burner so quickly! The tart was something spicy and possibly orange? Either way, after I pried the wax out with my handy-dandy no-scratch scraper, it's kinda discolored the brass bowl. Still quite serviceable, and lets me double up on scent if I want to! (My second burn/melt spot that is safe from the cat has no nearby electric plugs.)

As for the candle dish/ sleeve thing, I'm really kinda confused as to how I use it? A small jar will fit in the sleeve, but the large jar is too big for the bottom dish. Am I missing something?

Used up my pulled tarts from the stash and my BHG tumbler, so now I have:

BHG (large jar) Sugar Sweet Gumdrop (tangy and sweet and :sHa_thumbgoodjob: )

and my candle dish is in service holding a Glade 2-layer (supposedly Creamy Custard and Apple Cinnamon) that I'm trying to use up.

Sweet, we have your freezing rain out here...7 inches of snow followed by ice. Sheesh - haven't left the house since Thursday afternoon! That has given me a lot of melting time!

Was Butterfly Lane something else before? I see OLC is now Wilma...hard to keep it straight.

Banana Coconut - Dream Tarts

Red Currant Sandalwood - Aunt Nene

Over the River - YC

Was Butterfly Lane something else before? I see OLC is now Wilma...hard to keep it straight.

Yes Debra....Butterfly Lane used to be Shady Mountain. Stay safe in that crazy weather.

Last melts for overnight...

Pink Streaks from The Scented Princess

[smilie=The_Hi] Beginning my morning with

An adorable bird nest from JLC&C in Caramel Cinnamon Latte/Coffee Cake&Spice/Glazed Cinnamon Donuts.... [smilie=th_fabulous1]

A cute bunny from CFTKR in Coffee Latte Zucchini... [smilie=th_happy096]

Smell'in great!

Have a good one. :)

Good Morning!

Having a house full of company today. Having a small engagement party for my DS and future DIL. My future DIL's mother is a candle lover too. I heard she also orders by the box full. That's a good thing! Should be no problem getting along.

Melting MD Sweet Bayou again. It's having a hard time melting tho. Going to switch out soon.

Sweet, we have your freezing rain out here...7 inches of snow followed by ice. Sheesh - haven't left the house since Thursday afternoon! That has given me a lot of melting time!

Debra - Yikes....freezing rain is nasty - I'll take snow over that any day! :o Glad U got a snow day and hope U enjoyed lots of melting time!

Pink Streaks from The Scented Princess

MaggieMae - Haven't heard anything about TSP lately, so looked it up and saw she's on Etsy now, but she's making B&B... no waxies. :(

My future DIL's mother is a candle lover too. I heard she also orders by the box full. That's a good thing! Should be no problem getting along.

Michele - Wedding *and* candle talk with your DS's future MIL - sounds like a fun day 4 U today! [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

I'm burning B&BW's Cinnamon Sugared Doughnuts - such a good scent and the candle is burning perfectly! [smilie=th_sign0162]

Oh my gosh Michele...that's great! Another wax lover in the family! ;)

Sweet, thanks for the update re TSP....I heard she was going back to B&B but I really liked her waxies.

Just a note.....I've been seeing a lot of chatter about Super Tarts so I've been browsing. Right now she's got "Try Me -Super Samples" available for $2.50 free shipping. (1 per person) I just picked one up....very curious to see how they do. Just thought I'd enable....mention. [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Added candles to my day...

B&BW Vanilla Snow Flake

B&BW Snow Day

Changed the upstairs melter to FP Pink Peppermint Cupcake

My future DIL's mother is a candle lover too. I heard she also orders by the box full. That's a good thing! Should be no problem getting along.

Perfect! You'll have something to talk about right off the bat :D

It's been raining non-stop all weekend, which is a great excuse to stay tucked inside, watching the Olympics and burning candles [smilie=yes]

Tonight's wax:

B&BW Pumpkin Carving

Nene's Kitchen Melts Pumpkin Chai

Have a good evening, everyone!

Sounds like a great plan Rivercat!! [smilie=th_popcorm1]

Finally got around to changing the melters....

VDC Ice Cream Batter Zucchini Bread... [smilie=th_00000020]

B&S Riverboat Gambler

It's snowing. :thyay: Only supposed to get a couple inches...Wish we were getting more!

Night.

Just a note.....I've been seeing a lot of chatter about Super Tarts so I've been browsing. Right now she's got "Try Me -Super Samples" available for $2.50 free shipping. (1 per person) I just picked one up....very curious to see how they do. Just thought I'd enable....mention. [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

MaggieMae - Thanks for the info! I checked it out, but can only request categories & if the one she picked was coconut, pink sugar or maple....ick. [smilie=th_cha40] Let us know what U think - ok?

It's been raining non-stop all weekend, which is a great excuse to stay tucked inside, watching the Olympics and burning candles [smilie=yes]

Rivercat - Sounds like a nice cozy weekend to me! :D Does it ever get cold enuf where U are to snow?

I'm melting McCalls Country Store....ahhhh...perfect! [smilie=th_LOVE] We had about 4 inches of snow ...glad you're getting some, too MaggieMae! [smilie=th_ecd36868]

Went to Goodwill today and found a tart melter and a candle sleeve/ jar plate combo from Yankee Candle in brass for $3 total!

Delusional_chik, what a find! th_i-m_so_happy.gif

[smilie=The_Hi] Beginning my morning with

An adorable bird nest from JLC&C in Caramel Cinnamon Latte/Coffee Cake&Spice/Glazed Cinnamon Donuts.... [smilie=th_fabulous1]

MaggieMae, that sounds delicious!wub.gif

Good Morning!

Having a house full of company today. Having a small engagement party for my DS and future DIL. My future DIL's mother is a candle lover too. I heard she also orders by the box full. That's a good thing! Should be no problem getting along.

That sounds like a match made in heaven! th_aa17.gif

I'm burning B&BW's Cinnamon Sugared Doughnuts - such a good scent and the candle is burning perfectly! [smilie=th_sign0162]

Sweet, I just picked up this candle today and am excited to melt it! It smelled much better to me on cold sniff than the candle I got a year or two ago.

Today I'm melting Pumpkin Chai and Cinnamon Glazed Fritters from Nene's. th_slider_flirt.gif

Good to have like-minded relatives, Michele!

Thanks for the BL info, Maggie. And the tarts...

Tonight is Shop-A-Holler - Apple Crisp. This vendor also says currently closed. <_>

Good morning. :)

Michele ~ What fun to have a future in-law that you can share waxies with! [smilie=yes]

Maggie ~ More snow?! Eek! I would have thought you'd had enough by now. [smilie=th_giggle]

TCC Sweet Laundry

TCC Fruit Cakes

FP Pumpkin Waffle House/Zucchini Spice Roll

Of *course* I had to run right over and check on Super Tarts, but is it seriously $2.50 for a single 1.5 oz. tart? Maybe I'm reading it wrong . . . . ?

[smilie=th_thConfus_55]

Of *course* I had to run right over and check on Super Tarts, but is it seriously $2.50 for a single 1.5 oz. tart? Maybe I'm reading it wrong . . . . ?

[smilie=th_thConfus_55]

Whelp, I'm not sure if her tarts are 1.5 or 2 oz. cause she mentions both....but I think she sells her cups normally for $1.95 and if they're 2oz each it would cost 49 cents for the first ounce and 21 cents for the next ounce to mail them....that's $2.65...I think my mail prices are correct. So really $2.50 is fair to me. Anyways, I've seen lots of youtube videos on her stuff so I'm curious enough to try her out. [smilie=th_c032] I'm very interested in her "wax trays".

It's SGA Zucchini Birthday Cake..... [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Good afternoon, everyone! I took the boys for a Valentine's Day playdate to my friends- DS # 1 had fun making and eating heart-shaped sugar cookies.th_avatar_4219.gif

Today I'm melting Coconut Mallow Latte from FP in all warmers- yum! th_slider_flirt.gif