The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

The weather outside is frightful, but the scents are so delightful!

TGIF (I guess! one more weekend till Christmas and I am nowhere near ready)

Yesterday I melted Autumn Leaves from my recent A Bit Of Bliss Order, and I really didn't get much of a throw AT ALL - I couldn't smell anything unless I stood right over.

:angry:

I even messaged her on FB to make sure they didn't need to cure (even tho they appeared to be paraffin) and she assured me they were good to go . . .unfortunately they were a no-go and I won't be ordering from there again unless the others turn out differently.

:(

Tonight I only have 2 tarts going - I just can't get motivated to hunt down some candles or change out the rest of the warmers, it's one of those nights when it seems really cold in the house (even though it's not that cold outside) and I'm wrapped in a blanket and just don't feel like moving !

:ph34r:

Fortunately, the ones melting are good ones: Cranberry Apple Marmalade by Nene's in 2 warmers.

[smilie=th_sml29]

Have a great evening!

Happy Friday, all!

Burning B&BW Winter this evening. It's the White Barn version and right at the halfway point, so though it has been burning very well until now, tonight the flames are struggling and the wax has turned a yucky brownish color. I didn't have this problem with the other version, so we'll see. I'm tempted to return it, but who wants to brave the mall right now if you don't have to? [smilie=grrr]

On the bright side, Fresh Balsam in the bedroom is burning wonderfully and smells lovely. Good pair with Winter! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Finally in the 30's - it is warming up! ;)

I had a mail crisis today! I could smell a candle order in the bank of mailboxes :blush: and the mail lady put the key in my slot so I could get it - but the mailbox door was jammed and it would not open! A couple neighbors out walking dogs tried to help...no luck! :huh: I will be waiting for the mail truck tomorrow!! :excl:

Tonight is YC Blueberry Scone. Too old, I think.

Looks like the snow we were supposed to be getting is late arriving and were not getting as much.... [smilie=th_sad-1]

I had a mail crisis today! I could smell a candle order in the bank of mailboxes :blush: and the mail lady put the key in my slot so I could get it - but the mailbox door was jammed and it would not open! A couple neighbors out walking dogs tried to help...no luck! :huh: I will be waiting for the mail truck tomorrow!! :excl:

Oh no!!! So close [smilie=th_butbutbut] yet SOOO far!! Hope there's no problems getting it today!!

It's a yummy bunch of scents this morning....

CCCC Scarecrow Hollar from a CF pal.... [smilie=th_LOVE]

OLCS Raspberry Peppermint Noel from my swap....strong!!

VDC LaLas Frosted Christmas Cookie....yum.

Upstairs it's OLCS which is now Wilma's Pink Sheets....really enjoying it.

[smilie=thank_you]

I didn't have this problem with the other version, so we'll see. I'm tempted to return it, but who wants to brave the mall right now if you don't have to? [smilie=grrr]

Rivercat - I haven't gotten a White Barn candle yet....have U noticed a difference in those and the Slatkin candles in any other scents? [smilie=th_235F35F32] I hear ya about going to the mall. I got the notice of the $8 candles only available in stores yesterday, but as much as I wanted to take advantage of that, going to the mall....on a Friday nite :wacko: .... nope. [smilie=th_cha40]

the mailbox door was jammed and it would not open! A couple neighbors out walking dogs tried to help...no luck! I will be waiting for the mail truck tomorrow!!

Debra - Oh nooooo...how frustrating! [smilie=th_cry2yw3] The USPS obviously doesn't know the danger of a waxie enthusiast not being able to to get to said pkg's of smellies! :lol:

Looks like the snow we were supposed to be getting is late arriving and were not getting as much.... [smilie=th_sad-1]

MaggieMae - They predicted a little last nite and was supposed to be snowing here by 6AM, but nothin here yet either. :icon_rolleyes: I'm still hoping!

I'm burning B&BW's Merry Cookie candle. :wub: Enjoy your day everyone! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

Burning B&BW Winter this evening. It's the White Barn version and right at the halfway point, so though it has been burning very well until now, tonight the flames are struggling and the wax has turned a yucky brownish color. I didn't have this problem with the other version, so we'll see. I'm tempted to return it, but who wants to brave the mall right now if you don't have to? [smilie=grrr]

I hear ya Rivercat!!

It just dawned on me that the Nutmeg And Spice candle that I had a heck of a time burning (and threw out) was a White Barn!! It never dawned on me until I reread your post. I had the exact same thing happen....started off great....halfway down started making tiny flames and the wax got GROSS! I'm not buying that brand anymore. Thanks for figuring that out! LOL

Fingers crossed Sweet!!

Added lots of candles....

B&BW Spiced Wreath

B&BW Snow Day

Holly's Blue Spruce

Holly's Mistletoe

Good Morning! Melting Beatnik Breakfast from Happy Hippy Scents. Thank you, CF pal! This is a new-to-me vendor and so far I'm impressed!

Oh no, debra! The mail carrier better be there bright and early today [smilie=th_bounce]

Rivercat - I haven't gotten a White Barn candle yet....have U noticed a difference in those and the Slatkin candles in any other scents? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Sweet, Winter is the only one I've gotten so far that has a Slatkin counterpart, and I haven't noticed a difference in the scents. The only reason I got the WB version at all is because I liked the label on last year's Slatkin so much, I didn't want to use it up too fast and this year's isn't as nice :D

It just dawned on me that the Nutmeg And Spice candle that I had a heck of a time burning (and threw out) was a White Barn!! It never dawned on me until I reread your post. I had the exact same thing happen....started off great....halfway down started making tiny flames and the wax got GROSS! I'm not buying that brand anymore. Thanks for figuring that out! LOL

MaggieMae, you might be onto something! I think the only other WB I have is a Cranberry Woods. The last one I had did ok, but will definitely keep an eye on the current one. [smilie=th_cha66]

Starting the day with Sweet Fixations Lemon Noel.

Have a good day, everyone!

Hi all, and happy weekend! I'm melting SP Frosty Pines today (this is basically a sugared spruce scent). My Can-Do order was supposed to arrive today, but didn't. Hoping for things to sniff on Monday!

Hi everyone. We are having a winter mix here in Virginia, hopeful not a lot.

melting: Silent Night by Bridgewater

Fruit Garland by Tuscany Candle Co

Votives: Night Sky by Aloha Bay Candle Co

Fraiser Fur by Virginia Candle Co, woodwick mini

Happy Saturday! th_wave.gif

I am currently melting OPT Sugar Cookies and earlier I was melting Crosscreek Maple Pancakes th_slider_flirt.gif It has been snowing here off and on all day. I guess the bulk is supposed to come overnight. They are saying 6-12 when said and done. I figure it will probably be around 10 inches.

cmarie - I had a package that should have been delivered yesterday but it came today instead. I am sure they are behind at this time of year! It's hard to wait for smelly goodies though!

Hi all! This morning I took my two boys out to Storyteller's Cafe in the Disneyland Grand Hotel, where characters from Disney movies come by your table and play with your kids during breakfast. DS #1 had a blast! Unfortunately, I had to take my boys alone because DH has a bad case of food poisoning- LONG night for him and for me too since he woke up DS # 2 in the middle of the night traveling to the bathroom so much. th_sad2hz1.gif

Today I'm melting LOL's Dole Whip and CFTKR's Ultimate Sugar Cookie.

Hope everyone stays well!

Biolaeagles - Ugh! :o I hope your DH is feeling much better now! Which Disney character did DS#1 like best?

Earlier today I melted K's Kreations Toasted Cinnamon Latte (a blend Kathy made for me) and it was ahhhhh....mazing! I'm luv'n her coffee scents! [smilie=th_smilies-2] I'm ending the day with Scentsy's Frosted Ginger Cookie from a sweet CF pal [smilie=th_wave] and it's [smilie=th_fabulous1] ! It started snowing her around 10:30am...teeny tiny flakes, but it snowed steadily and is just now letting up. Everything is blanketed in fresh, white snow and it's beautiful! :wub:

Good evening, Friends!

[smilie=th_hello]

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and that the weather isn't too severe wherever you are.

[smilie=th_autumboy]

I have been enjoying my Blueberry Pumpkin Patch candle by B&BW while doing some "repair"sewing, but I just put it out and changed out the warmers.

Tarts:

Haunted Hayride by ScentSationals

Country Gift Shoppe by Buggy Town in 4 warmers

LOVE THIS ONE

[smilie=th_slider_flirt]

I seem to be on a streak of duds lately, (after A Bit of Bliss the other day)

[smilie=crap]

I have come to the sad conclusion that Starlight Chandling falls into that category.

It started with Absinthe and then ENchanted Desire (both of which had very slight throws) and then Twilight Dreams which actually had a pretty decent throw in my bathroom, so after that I went to exclusively using them in my bathroom.

But alas, right now I have Amber Essence Nepal in there, it replaced Hotel California and they are have both complete been no-throws. Will definitely be crossing this vendor off my list.

[smilie=angry]

Have a good night, all!

Nautilique, I also seem to be on a bit of a dud run too! YC's Maple Walnut got finished off today on the candle warmer. Wish I had more. Ah well, I can hope that it comes back, right? [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Next, I went to put the Holiday Time Cinnamon I had had drowning wick issues with at work on the candle warmer. NO THROW. ZERO. It could only be smelled less than a foot from the warmer, and that is ridiculous when the candle is completely melted. [smilie=th_ANGRY_10]

Just popped in a votive of YC's Orchard Pear de-wicked and cut up into a tart. This is the last of the really old YC votives I bought, so I'm not entirely sure if it'll be a dud too.

Shortygal....10 inches? :smileysnowangel:

Biolaeagles....hope your DH feels better soon!

This evening it's been....

Nellies Acres Mistletoe & Ivy and Winterberry

Night, night

Laurie, I've been having trouble with Starlight Chandling too- more in the area of actually getting my order! I ordered mid-September and still haven't gotten my Christmas tarts even though the vendor said the package was supposed to have shipped multiple times up to now. I don't think I'll be ordering from her again either.angry.gif

I got an AMAZING Christmas package in the mail from a CF pal and was so surprised and happy to see it in the mail (you know who you are, hehe!). thank_you.gif I'm melting one of those tarts tonight- Christmas Time by CFTKR and it is heavenly. th_drool33456183iw4.gif

Starting then day with YC Christmas Cookie and Cream Colored Ponies plus BBW Merry Cookie. Have a great day everyone!

Most of yesterday I melted Backroad Hobbies Christmas morning surprise. It's very nice! Last night I melted Crossroads Jacks gone cranberry from the swap. That was really nice too! This morning it's Ruby Rose Christmas bliss and pine from an unknown vendor. It's been raining all weekend!

Good Morning.

Starting my day with a yummy gift from a CF pal.....Central Park Pralines by Scentsy....this is a goodie.

Thanks! :)

Have a good one.

Good Morning!

Melting Cranberry Kettle Corn From Nellie's Acres

Burning BB&W Good Natured Christmas

Enjoy the day everyone!

I am loving all the neat Christmas avatars on here. On this beautiful sunny day it is Yankee Whoopie Pie, Red Velvet and Cream Colored Ponies plus BBW Merry Cookie. Enjoy the day, everyone.