The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
cmarie

Tree Scents: Yankee & Can-Do

I find it pretty hard to distinguish and choose among Yankee's "tree" scents: Balsam & Cedar, Mistletoe, Christmas Wreath, and Balsam Forest (not sure if that one is new this year or a treasure). Which one/s do you prefer, and how do you think they compare to one another? It is hard to tell from the descriptions (and even the cold sniff in the store) if any of them are meant to be lighter/stronger, woodsier, fresher, fruitier, etc. than the others. I am tempted to just collect them all (since tree scents are my thing), but that might be overkill, so I'm wondering what y'all think. Christmas Wreath has been my go-to scent in the past (although I'm out of it at the moment), and this year I picked up Balsam Forest but haven't burned it yet.

From Can-Do, who has tried Blue Spruce and/or Christmas Tree, and what did you think? Inquiring minds need to know. (Rocky Mountain High has pine in it, and it's amazing -- I'm getting a bag of it in my next order, for sure.)

I also found these older threads on Christmas and tree scents:

Christmas tree scents (multiple vendors, 2008)

Christmas tarts (multiple vendors, 2009)

I luv B&BW's Fresh Balsam...the first time I sniffed it in the store my eyes crossed it was so good! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] I get that in a wallflower for the kitchen during the winter, too. I also really like CFKTR's Balsam & Citrus - the citrus is a wonderful addition - always get good comments when I melt it. :sHa_thumbgoodjob: Several other vendors (Nene's, etc) have that scent, too. Another good one is Gold Canyon's Holiday Wreath - it's a pine scent, so I think it would fit into the 'tree' category. I got YC's holiday catalog and saw Holiday Home Sweet Home - the description sez ' a blend of cinnamon, cloves, pine, cedar, smoked firewood & vanilla'. Sounds good - have U sniffed it?

There sure are a lot of similar tree scents out there. I could probably pop any one of them in the melter and be happy with it. This year I'm leaning more towards a fresh pine rather than a pine blended with other notes. Don't hold me to that though. I may change my mind by December. th_thsecret.gif

I think Balsam Forest is new. I'd like to try that one. Fresh Balsam from BBW is really good too. Decisions, decisions.

From Yankee my favorite is Mistletoe...not really sure why...I'd have to go in and start sniffin! ;)

I also love Frasier Fir from Woodwick....very realistic...when it's burning people always think my fake tree is real. [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

I got YC's holiday catalog and saw Holiday Home Sweet Home - the description sez ' a blend of cinnamon, cloves, pine, cedar, smoked firewood & vanilla'. Sounds good - have U sniffed it?

I've always thought the description of that one sounded excellent. In past years I've had trouble distinguishing it from the regular Home Sweet Home (which is a pretty "blah" scent IMO), but the Holiday version is due for a re-sniff in the store sometime. If I recall correctly, I felt like it was mostly cinnamon/clove and that those other notes didn't really come out on cold sniff, whereas I would prefer it to be the other way around, with the tree and firewood notes more pronounced.

th_laughing.gif I won't tell. Hey, even a real tree could benefit from a little boost of tree scent. yes.gif

I think all the tree scents are somewhat similar. I really like Scentsy "Iced Pine". I have a warmer on a bookcase pretty close to where we usually put the tree and burn that smell through December. It is defiantly a pine smell with a hint of sweetness and a touch of mint. It really smells like a ripe Christmas tree.

Here is the scent description:

"As refreshing as a walk through newly fallen snow: green fir and pine, kissed by icy peppermint."