The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

November's Bountiful Harvest of Scents

Rivercat - I had the same thing happen today with my cat... I went in the bedroom and she was sitting up tall, tail curled around her - instead of being snuggled in her bed. I had Candle Dipper's Sunshine melting and I could smell citrus a couple of rooms away! The melter went off - don't want a cranky cat! [smilie=th_pardon]

Starting the morning with Vanilla Cookie, Fluffy Vanilla and Christmas Cookie. Have a great day, everyone!

Good morning....

It's strong tarts this morning since Daisy left me a "gift" in her bed. Ewwww.....she's not on my good list today. :(. She had a bath before bed and she doesn't like the scent of "clean". She prefers to roll around in anything that smells bad in the yard so I do believe this was intentional since she rolled in it as well. [smilie=th_pullhair]

So.....it's

Two Timing Tarts Mandarin Plum and Icy Blueberry Holiday Candy

MaggieMae, that Icy Blueberry Holiday Candy sounds right up my alley. How are you liking it?

Today I'm re-melting Autumn Pear (HHS) and Frosted Pumpkin (Nene's). I'm just LOVING all of my pumpkin scents from Nene's.skywriter.gif

Another note, we are battling sickness here in our house! DS # 1 is sick, and I'm starting to feel the cold/flu sneaking up on me too...hoping to fight it off- can't take care of two little ones while sick! icon_cry.gif

Hi all! I switched out to Cupcake by Sea Breeze, only to find that it had no scent at all. I'm sad about this since I got this in a 16 oz loaf. th_confused3.gif

I got great success with putting in Glazed Cinnamon Doughnut from JCLLW (thanks, MaggieMae!) and Poison Pie from HHS. sHa_thumbgoodjob.gif

Debra - How's your arm feeling? When will the cast come off? [smilie=th_anyminute]

Daisy left me a "gift" in her bed. Ewwww.....she's not on my good list today. :(.

MaggieMae - Ut oh...Daisy's in the dawg house big time! :sFun_ahohno: Geez...doesn't she know Santa Paws is watching? [smilie=th_foolish1]

we are battling sickness here in our house! DS # 1 is sick, and I'm starting to feel the cold/flu sneaking up on me too...hoping to fight it off- can't take care of two little ones while sick! icon_cry.gif

Biolaeagles - Families luv to share...also germs, unfortunately. [smilie=th_a136] I hope your little guy feels better soon and doesn't share the sniffles.

[smilie=th_bb20] I'm melting FP's Pumpkin Carrot Cake +Amish Friendship Bread from my fall swap box. Yummmo - they make some [smilie=th_cc15] scent blends!

Biolaeagles...sorry to hear your little guy is sick...I hope you don't end up with the dreaded flu and that you can fight this off. [smilie=th_balloons] I like the Icy Blueberry Holiday Candy....was very different. I hear ya on your no throw tart, I am very confused about Sea Breeze too! I ordered from her twice and got great throw....then in my last order nothing....as though no fragrance oil was in it....although I could smell it cold. [smilie=th_confused3]

Lol Sweet....Santa Paws!!

Just put on Beads And Scents...

Rex and Magazine Street Bakery :)

Burning YC Snowflake Cookie tonight. My neighbors gave me the as a gift as well as a beautiful Party Lite warmer that lights up. It has a cover as well. I love it! Just started this candle and it has a great throw.

TGIF!

[smilie=th_bb20]

Tonight my house is a lost cause.

It stinks.

As in, I can smell it out in the driveway, stinks.

[smilie=th_gagme]

The culprit?

C-O-L-L-A-R-D-S

[smilie=th_u51]

Are any of you southern, or as in my case, married to a southerner? Collards are a southern staple, I'm told, but how anyone ever thought this would be good to eat, I'll never know.

Don't get me wrong, I like greens (spinach) and this isn't too bad if you can get past the stink . . . but man is it ever interfering with my tarts!

NOT KEWL

Don't mess with my smellies!

[smilie=th_ANGRY_10]

So I'm fighting back with the strongest tart I've had as of late, and luckily I had quite a bit, so I brought out the big guns and overloaded all the warmers with

Fall Hayride by Glade

:sFi_machinegunsdual:

But alas, I think I'm losing.

When I got out of the shower (far end of the house away from the kitchen) I could smell it.

[smilie=th_a136]

It's invaded the air conditioning system.

[smilie=th_help]

It's strong tarts this morning since Daisy left me a "gift" in her bed. Ewwww.....she's not on my good list today. :(.

Bad, Daisy! Doesn't she know you already have enough going on right now? [smilie=th_pullhair]

Another note, we are battling sickness here in our house!

Oh no! I hope it's just a mild one and everyone feels better soon :(

Laurie, [smilie=th_lol22] I love a mess o' greens, but not while they're cooking!

Tonight burning YC Vanilla Oak and a TDC Vintage Vanilla tart in the bedroom warmer. I'm in that grey zone where I'm kinda sick of the fall stuff but not quite ready for winter yet.

I know your pain with the greens. The best bet is to cook those things with as many windows open as humanely possible! Or in a giant kettle/ thick pot over a fire pit...or if you have outside electric plugs and there's no rain, crock pot outside....the key is to not let that smell get entrenched in the house or there's no winning! Although I think cabbage stinks more than greens, haha.

You might try leaving a large flat container of vinegar out overnight, like a pie pan or a 'deep' style of dish like a dinner dish.

LOL Laurie....sounds super stinky.....since I'm from the North East I'm not sure what collards taste or smell like but someone said they are similar to kale...is that true? I am a kale lover. ;)

Finally got my kitchen warmer in place....melting Twinkies from Tiffany's in that one....B&S are still going nicely....particularly lovin the Magazine Street Bakery (blueberry cobbler and orange chiffon cake)

Night all. [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

Good morning all. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Starting the day with Pumpkin Caramel Latte from The Hen and Her Chicks....nice and strong but I think I smell chocolate so it might go soon.

Have a good one. :)

Laurie - I've never had collards...is the taste similar to cooked cabbage or spinach? I hope da stink has left your house! [smilie=th_stink]

I'm burning B&BW's Leaves...luv this scent! :wub: I've had this candle for 3 years and didn't burn it much cuz it didn't burn well...developed the infamous clover shape around the wicks & the melt pool not extending completely to the sides of the jar. I didn't know the foil collar trick before & tried it this morning. Success![smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04 The flames are still pretty puny, but the melt pool is complete now.[smilie=kewl]

Good morning, all!

Sweet, hate it when the B&BW candles start drowning the wicks <_< If it gets really bad, I sometimes soak up a bit of the wax with tweezers and a cotton ball.

Starting the day with Sweet Fixations Fruit Loops while I watch Thanksgiving Live on Food Network :D

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend! Today I'm melting Kiwi Lime Cantaloupe from Scentsy and Lime Coconut Cookie from Granny's. I think a needed a day of change from my spicy scents! tongue.gif

MaggieMae - Glad to hear U have the melter back in your kitchen...progress!

Starting the day with Sweet Fixations Fruit Loops while I watch Thanksgiving Live on Food Network :D

Rivercat - Melting bakery scents doesn't make me hungry, but watching the FN sure does! th_drool33456183iw4.gifDid U C any new recipes to try?

I'm melting Nene's Harvest Moon. I luv LSC's version of this scent wub.gif but ordering from Pam isn't looking likely any time soon. sad.gif Nene's was good, but not strong enuf 4 me. We got a little lite snow today and maybe some more tomorrow. Looks like the SW has an ice/snow storm creating havoc this weekend, too.wacko.gif

The stench had mostly dissipated by this morning, thank goodness!

[smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Today it's been Fall Festival by CFTKR

and this evening I added Pumpkin Carving candle by BBW

Have a good night, everyone!

[smilie=th_offtobed]