The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

November's Bountiful Harvest of Scents

Is the Granny's ya'll are talking about the same as Grandma's home brewed tarts? I used to love that vendor.

Dabba - Nope, the one mentioned is a different vendor. GHBT's has been gone for a few years now. Her sister did sell waxies for a while on ebay, but I don't remember her seller name now.[smilie=th_scratch]

Laurie - Did U find a new hair stylist? Getting a 'new do' is scary, but fun! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Thanks for the kind words about the kitty. He's got a place of honor in my back yard. If they're born in my yard I try and pet them when they're small so I can hopefully find them a home. I named him Itty Bitty and he did let me pet him a little, but not enuf to home him. :(

I'm melting Streetman's Pumpkin Cake from a CF friend (TY!) that is deeelish! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Sweet--glad you are OK and also sorry to hear about the kitty. At least he/she was laid to rest by someone who cared.

For this evening it is BBW Marshmallow Fireside and Yankee Christmas Cookie.

Finally finished off YC Baking Kitchen (Country Kitchen line), and on to YC Pumpkin Pie (also from the CK line)!

Do most of you ladies burn a whole jar in one go, or do you swap between scents? I burn a single jar at a time, but I burn a lot so I go through 'em pretty quick. The Baking Kitchen lasted me just under 2 weeks. [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Trep - I'm liking your new avatar...looks like a good breakfast! biggrin.gif

I'm here peeps....thanks 4 checking on me! thwetkissf.gif Had a work program last nite (on a Friday ... what were they thinkin?th_cha66.gif), so no waxies 4 me yesterday. I'm burning Crossroads Pumpkin Pie. Luv's me some pumpkin & their candles burn beautifully 4 me! sHa_thumbgoodjob.gifSadly, I came home last nite to find someone had laid a dead kitty on my doorstep.icon_cry.gif It was one of the ferals that was born here and came regularly 4 food. I don't know if it was done 2 B mean (some neighbors are not happy I put food out 4 them icon_confused.gif) but I hope they thought I would want 2 know and give it a resting place in my yard.

I'm so sorry about the kitty Sweet. I have one feral left out of an original colony of 8 . He lost his buddy last year and Pumpernickel now buddies up with our outside kitty(Cole) that decided he liked our place a couple of year ago and stayed. I know you will give him a nice resting place for the sweet feral. th_catkiss.gif

Do most of you ladies burn a whole jar in one go, or do you swap between scents?

I usually just burn candles and tarts in the evening when I get home from work so I pick the scent based on my mood, though I sometimes fall in love with certain scents and burn them several days in a row :wub:

Tonight's candles are Glade Fall Hayride and B&BW Marshmallow Fireside.

burning my PI Pumpkin Pie candle. I can say now that this candle has an amazing scent! The throw is medium in my living room, but scents the entire area well. th_aa17.gif

Biolaeagles - I'm not a big fan of maple & have shied away from trying this cuz some reviews of this scent mentioned it. Whatcha think - lots of maple 2 it? [smilie=th_confused3]

Hubby gets home Saturday night from Ireland. He's only been gone three weeks, but it feels like months!

Honeybear - I bet you're doing the happy dance tonite [smilie=th_avatar_4219] - glad your DH is scheduled back home!

Do most of you ladies burn a whole jar in one go, or do you swap between scents? I burn a single jar at a time, but I burn a lot so I go through 'em pretty quick. The Baking Kitchen lasted me just under 2 weeks. [smilie=th_235F35F32]

DC (is it ok if I shorten your forum name?:) ) - Like Rivercat, I only burn candles in the evening and on weekends so it takes me longer than average to finish a candle. I really like variety (another reason I like tarts![smilie=yes] ) so I have several candles at a time started and change them up depending which scent I want when I burn it.

I'm burning B&BW's Cider Lane candle & it smells really good in here! Have a nice evening everyone![smilie=th_goodnight]

DC (is it ok if I shorten your forum name?:) ) - Like Rivercat, I only burn candles in the evening and on weekends so it takes me longer than average to finish a candle. I really like variety (another reason I like tarts![smilie=yes] ) so I have several candles at a time started and change them up depending which scent I want when I burn it.

Sure! I usually end up being DC on every forum because it is long to type out, so I don't mind a bit! I only burn nights and weekends too, but I have a more 2nd shift schedule so I have long nights to burn, hehe. I'm actually getting a lot more interested in tarts and possibly YC votives as well because it is easier to switch up scents. But if I light up a candle, it must go before I burn another. Well, especially since right now if I'm not burning seasonal, I'm burning jar candles that don't come with lids and I fear the burnt wicks breaking if I set them back in the stash. The lidless ones must go! I feel like the scent is seeping out every day. [smilie=th_smiley-crying] But now I know that I'm not crazy about unlidded jars, so that helps in future purchasing decisions.

Kinda late checking in - DD and I finally did get our haircuts. I really got mine chopped short, I can't remember ever having hair this short (tho I'm sure I probably did)

[smilie=th_excited-1] [smilie=th_thfoenen]

Tarts:

I have Amish Quilt by CFTKR in 4 warmers

Cinnamon Twist by Nene's in my room

I desperately need to change out the kids bathrooms, it's starting to smell crayon-ish in there.

:unsure:

Candles:

Still got the True Fall Splendor by BH&G going

Apples & Spice by Seed also still going

(trying to finish these 2 off)

Also Black Tea & Amber by Bella Rosa, it's a 3-wicked grocery store candle, and it smelled really good, decent throw, but now it has drowning wicks. UGH I hate that!

:angry:

Anyway, have a great night, everyone!

[smilie=th_offtobed]

Delusional Chik, I have candles in each room so I burn whichever ones I feel like smelling or which room I'll be sitting in. I try to use up the particular candle in its spot before I start a new one. Tonight I finished off the Autumn Day candle but the Pumpkin Hayride is still going...once it's gone two new ones will come out. :)

Laurie, I bet your hair looks great.

I had cleaned out my warmer earlier to change scents and then forgot about it so I just looked to see what was in it and it was empty....empty and hot! Oh no.

Now it's

Sweet Zucchini Bread from Scent Illusion and

Front Porch's Zucchini Noel from a CF pal.... [smilie=thank_you]

Goodnight all.

Iloveyummysmells, what does Christmas Morning Latte smell like? I considered buying it.

Sweet&spiceygrl, I don't like melts that have strong maple or butterscotch notes to them, and I feel like the pumpkin balances out the maple in the PI candle.th_aa17.gif

Tonight I started burning my SH Spider Cider & Deadly Donuts and one of my wicks drowned. It was performing so well up until mid-point. th_sad2hz1.gif

Starting this very windy morning with YC Christmas Cookie and Iced Cookie plus BBW Blueberry Pumpkin Patch.

Good Sunday Morning all!! :)

Finished up both candles yesterday...so this morning it's...

Sweater Weather and Nutmeg & Spice No.1 from B&BW

Melts are still going strong from last night...no need for a change yet.

Have a good one! :)

Good morn, everyone.

MaggieMae, I love your avaitor. I always have like Charlie Brown.

Melting: Autumn Wreath by YC

Fruit Garland by Tuscany Candle Co

Votives: Sparkling Ginger, mini woodwick by Viriginia Candle Co

Coconut Lime by Aloha Bay

Sweet&spiceygrl, I don't like melts that have strong maple or butterscotch notes to them, and I feel like the pumpkin balances out the maple in the PI candle.th_aa17.gif

Tonight I started burning my SH Spider Cider & Deadly Donuts and one of my wicks drowned. It was performing so well up until mid-point. th_sad2hz1.gif

Biolaeagles - Thanks for the PI info, curiosity will eventually get me to try it! :D Awww geeze - have U tried the cotton ball trick to wick up some of the wax around the drowning wick?

I'm burning Gold Canyon's Mulled Harvest candle on this windy, unseasonably warm dry.gif morning.

Fired up Sweet Fixations Key Lime Noel while lazing around drinking coffee and reading the paper.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Really, really lazy Sunday here..recent melts...Ruby Rose pomegranate apple and antique sandalwood. Bothe of these are good, but not really long lasting. From Delightful Scents I melted apple toffee and just started zucchini bread. These are good also, but short lived.

I'm melting SP Pine Cone Wreath and burning a FM pillar.

Earlier today I had fun getting out some candle and flashlight paraphernalia in case we lose power during the storm. It's raining now -- hopefully it won't get too bad out there.

Earlier today I had fun getting out some candle and flashlight paraphernalia in case we lose power during the storm. It's raining now -- hopefully it won't get too bad out there.

Christy - That line of storms is/was nasty - I hope it missed U. Good thing we're like Girl Scouts and always prepared....with candles, at least! :) We have a tornado watch here until midnight and a high wind advisory until 7:00am tomorrow.

I'm burning Nest's Pumpkin Chai candle - for a 1-wick candle the scent throw is wonderful!:wub:

Cold and windy, a good day to finish up candles!

Pumpkin Spice - YC

Orange Spice - Estrella

Pumpkin Carving - B&BW

And I have added a melt: Chocolate Orange - Candle Dippers

Starting the day with YC Iced Cookie, Apple Cider and Merry Marshmallow plus Febreze Fluffy Vanilla.

Hope everyone escaped those horrible storms.

Good Morning!

Just enjoyed catching up on this thread! I'm almost back. Started unpacking boxes and moving back into the house this weekend. It's going to take awhile because I literally packed up my entire house and still lived here. Not completely done -master bath still needs a few things but becoming livable. Everything turned out beautiful.

It felt great to burn some candles while unpacking. This weekend was YC Gingerbread Maple and YC Pumpkin Wreath. I have to say that this was a tumbler of smooth wax I had picked up at the outlet and would buy the smooth wax again. I hated it before but now it seems to burn great. Maybe Yankee made some changes. I had no choice when I bought it. The outlet only carried this scent like this.

While unpacking found all my packed up tarts. There are boxes and boxes. I'm surprised DH didn't say much that my secret stash of candles and melts has been exposed. He has really been very helpful and is going to help me find a place downstairs in the basement to arrange everything neatly. There is a lot so I need to clean out some spaces. I'm trying to get rid of all the excess in this house. The garbage man isn't going to like us today. Hope all this wax still has plenty of scent. I haven't placed an order since last January.

Sorry for the long post.

Sweet - I'm sorry you had to come home to the cat on your doorstep. That was sweet of you to give it a resting place.

Hope you all have a great day!!