The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

delusional_chik

Hi guys! A wax newbie here!

At 23 and having lived in plenty of dorms and campus housing that does not allow open flames ever EVER, I'm just now really getting into candles, but I've always loved smelly goods. :3

I and BF have had our apartment for about a year, but things were too hectic until after Christmas last year. Then, I discovered the ever-lovely after Christmas HUGE CANDLE SALE AT WALMART. I got a ton of scents, and the weather has just now begun to work for candles. Then my friend mentioned the Yankee Candle Company, and the internet tells me that Slatkin & Co./White Barn/ Bath and Body Works are as good or better. SO MUCH WAX. Since I'm still a student, I plan on getting things for cheap whenever I can. So far, I've tried Better Homes and Gardens (good), Mainstays (good), Holiday Time (good, and I think made by the Mainstays people), Luminessence (not so good, the Dollar Tree let me down on this one), Simple Living (meh but serviceable), and Glade (really surprised by the throw on this one!).

I'm a fan of foody smells, spices, and fruits. The only clean type smell I really care for is Gain detergent. The other clean type smells and florals often give me a headache. Does anyone else have that happen?

At 23 and having lived in plenty of dorms and campus housing that does not allow open flames ever EVER, I'm just now really getting into candles, but I've always loved smelly goods. :3

I and BF have had our apartment for about a year, but things were too hectic until after Christmas last year. Then, I discovered the ever-lovely after Christmas HUGE CANDLE SALE AT WALMART. I got a ton of scents, and the weather has just now begun to work for candles. Then my friend mentioned the Yankee Candle Company, and the internet tells me that Slatkin & Co./White Barn/ Bath and Body Works are as good or better. SO MUCH WAX. Since I'm still a student, I plan on getting things for cheap whenever I can. So far, I've tried Better Homes and Gardens (good), Mainstays (good), Holiday Time (good, and I think made by the Mainstays people), Luminessence (not so good, the Dollar Tree let me down on this one), Simple Living (meh but serviceable), and Glade (really surprised by the throw on this one!).

I'm a fan of foody smells, spices, and fruits. The only clean type smell I really care for is Gain detergent. The other clean type smells and florals often give me a headache. Does anyone else have that happen?

th_Hello_.gif delusional_chik ! This is a fun bunch of wax addicts. th_blij31-1.gif

Aww, thanks for the speedy and smiley-face filled welcome! :D

I'm kind of excited because I just discovered that when we go visit BF's family in NH, there are TWO YC outlet stores. Glorious!

[smilie=th_sHellobar] I'm a fan of bakery & spice scents, too (hence my forum name :) ), those are my faves. With the exception of some lavender's, I can't melt floral scents either...they make me nauseous & give me a headache. :wacko: And laundry scents....I just don't like em. I like autumn & winter seasonal sniffs tho, they're different from florals..kwim? Glad you've joined us! [smilie=th_Welcome_from_the_Whol

[smilie=th_sHellobar] I'm a fan of bakery & spice scents, too (hence my forum name :) ), those are my faves. With the exception of some lavender's, I can't melt floral scents either...they make me nauseous & give me a headache. :wacko: And laundry scents....I just don't like em. I like autumn & winter seasonal sniffs tho, they're different from florals..kwim? Glad you've joined us! [smilie=th_Welcome_from_the_Whol

Yes I kind of get what you mean with the seasonal smells! I think I might hunt for a snow smell that doesn't headache me this season. Any recs? :3

[smilie=th_Hello_] and [smilie=th_we0081] It is a good idea to get on Yankee/Bath&Body Works Mailing list. Yankee frequently has buy one get one free cooupons so that is a good way to try out candles from them. Bath & Body Works also frequently has their large candles on sale 2 for $22 and when you use a $10 off $30 coupon you can get three large candles for $22. (BBW sometimes emails out coupons and if you have a store nearby survey coupons sometimes print on the bottom of your reciept.)

Thanks for letting me know about the newsletters! I had already signed up for the YC one, but I had not thought to get BBW, since they do body and bath products mostly, and I have enough of those for a lifetime, haha. I will do that tomorrow probably, and I printed off a couple Glade printable coupons, so I'm excited to take a trip to the grocery store this week and see what I can get with 'em!

Also good to know that BBW sometimes has printables on their receipts. I think I might drop in whenever the little sister bugs to go to the mall again, lol.