The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

October's Haunting Fragrances

Yep, we are being relocated by Intel to Phoenix. My husband held out as long as he could, but now there's no choice. The girls are refusing to go. :crysmiley1: It's not looking as though it will be a quickie deal since we our youngest is a Junior. After the house is sold, she and I will stay here in an apartment until she graduates. At least that is the plan at this point. :icon_confused:

Ollie's Pumpkin Caramel Latte Zucchini Bread

BL Key Lime Sugar Cookie

BL Blueberry Cupcakes

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

For this afternoon it is Yankee Vanilla Cupcake, Spiced Pumpkin and Pumpkin Wreath plus Old Williamsburgh Spiced Apple Cinnamon.

MaggieMae, how are you liking K's Pure Bliss? I've heard great reviews about her Bliss line.smile.gif

Aria, I love Tiffany's Candy Corn! I used a tart from last year and it still threw strong! cloud_9.gif

Today it's a mixture of Tiffany's Pumpkin Pie Spice and Donut Shop...soo yummy! Later today I'm off to carve pumpkins with my sisters while hubby takes care of the babies for a few hours- such fun!

th_prod_107_1676.gif

Cccccccold this morning!!! I've just lit a mainstay hazelnut cream candle I picked up from Walmart I have always loved this scent. I also picked up a Better Homes candle. What do ya'll think of those?

The Better Homes and Gardens candles are pretty good IMO. Right now I have Warm Crackling Campfire from their 2012 line going. If you decide you like them, I highly suggest popping into Wal-Mart the day after Christmas and all their 'Limited Edition' ones will be 50% off! [smilie=th_aa17] Also they will have 'Holiday Time' candles on that same sale, which I'm pretty sure are just rebranded Mainstays in holiday scents. Mainstays candles are decent and you can't beat 'em for the price, though I hear the 3-wicks are the best throw. Though I have found that I don't care for the 3-oz jar size (but would totally get it 50% off or more, :tongue: ). They get to the awkward burn point waaay too fast.

Oh Honeybear....that sounds rough. [smilie=th_empathy] I hope everything works out for you guys!

Biolaeagles...I wasn't sure about Pure Bliss from cold sniff. It's kind of an odd sniff to me (pink sugar and "various vanillas") but when I melted it last night, it was nice. I don't smell much pink sugar at all though and it almost has a green note to me. [smilie=th_scratch] Probably not a reorder.

Changing of the scents...

Amish Spice Loaf from Ks

Zucchini Spice Roll from FP

Orange Juice Cake/Cinnamon Buns/Cake Batter Ice Cream from BSF

Homecoming by PP&S

Trying to remember ladies....which one of you is a Weight Watchers leader, and I think you live in Asheville???????

Dabba - IDK, but the first name that came to mind was Busymom, I think she lived there, don't know about the WW's, tho. I did a search on the forum for WW's and found this thread - is this what you're remembering?

I'm melting FP's Celtic Pumpkin & Hot Apple Pie from a CF friend. [smilie=th_teks0311] Luv the scent combo's they come up with! [smilie=th_sign0162]

NMhoneybear--Ugh, what a stressful situation. I'm sorry :(

Swung by B&BW today to swap out a couple candles I bought at the outlet and didn't love when I got home for Snowday and another Pumpkin Carving, but they were all out of Pumpkin Carving already :o I ended up getting 'Tis the Season for a friend who likes spicy apple scents.

Another warmish evening here so I have Glade Fall Hayride going.

Starting the morning with BBW Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin and Pumpkin Cupcake.

As a side note that has nothing to do with wax--I see where the actress Marcia Wallace passed away. She was born and raised in Creston, Iowa which is the next largest town to where I grew up. Her dad had a drugstore with a lunch counter and we used to get really good sandwiches there . You could tell he was her dad because she looked just like him. Just an interesting thing I thought I'd share.

Good Morning....

Found a yummy scent at Walmart yesterday...Coffee Cake Swirl. Put it in last night and it was good but I don't smell anything this morning. Could be the tart was a quick burn-off but could be my stuffy nose. I hate colds. [smilie=th_ANGRY_10]

Have a good one. :)

they were all out of Pumpkin Carving already

Rivercat - PC is still available online. Just sayin...[smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

As a side note that has nothing to do with wax--I see where the actress Marcia Wallace passed away. She was born and raised in Creston, Iowa which is the next largest town to where I grew up.

Trep - Small world! [smilie=th_200912104451] Did U know her before she was on tv? She came to speak at our local cancer symposium one year after her battle with cancer, seemed like a very down to earth, nice person & naturally very funny.

MaggieMae - That's no fun....hope your nose gets unstuffed quickly! [smilie=yes]

I'm burning McCalls Sunrise Cinnamon Buns. Being up before the sun today, this one seemed appropriate....luv the smells of goodies baking in the oven! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

I'm melting a BH&G Spiced Apple and Clove tart. My favorite from last fall -- I only bought one pack, but I will definitely be buying two or three this fall since they have them again.

I am still working on my big YC Pumpkin Spice candle again today.

The weather has been crazy - sunny, then it poured. Sunny, then it poured. Candle off, candle on!