The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

October's Haunting Fragrances

Good Morning everyone. Today it's called let's use up some candles before using new ones. As much as I love candles when I first get them,I hate having this feeling of having to use it up just to start a new one.

So I am using up:

YC crisp apple strudel

shortbread cookie

Mainstays-med jar of vanilla ,buttercream frosting and,coconut vanilla.

Root-honeybuttered crossant votive

Melting:

TCC candy corned zuch bread

Scentsy blueberry cheesecake

Maggie--thanks for the price info ( I WAS wondering).

Just lit two candles for the afternoon--Village Chocolate Raspberry (super strong throw already) and YC Raspberry Parfait. It is a very humid and warm day here--not nice at all and not the least bit fall-like. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Good Afternoon!!

Humid, rainy-looking (no actual rain) and not fallish at all here either.

But inside . . . that's a different story!

Last night's melt in my room and bathroom was

Witch's Brew by YOCC

Today in my room I have Pumpkin Chai by Can-Do

4 melters in the main area have Leaves, 2 by Can-Do and 2 by CFTKR

Can anyone see my new avatar? It's creepy/pumpkinish. I have tried everything and can't seem to get it to update for me. Still seeing the seashell I've had a zillion years. Hmmm . . .

Enjoy your day!

[eta]

About the new avatar, I can see it in the upper right corner when I log in, and I can see it if I click on my profile, just can't see it on any of the posts (still the old one)

Just added YC Christmas Cookie and Febreze Fluffy Vanilla to the mix. I tell you that Village Chocolate Raspberry is scenting the entire house and it is GOOD!

Laurie--about your avatar--a few times mine wouldn't change and then the next day when I got on here there it was. [smilie=th_idontknow]

Same here, Nancy. I see my old avatar for a few days after I change it, but others do see the new one right away.

This afternoon I'm baking a real banana bread so I haven't needed to change melts yet. When I do, I'll put on Nene's Cinnamon Bread Pudding.

Jules--your banana bread sounds good--wish I had some, too.

I am getting ready to change up the candles for the evening. I have just lit a Mainstays triple scented one that has Apple Pumpkin, Pumpkin Latte, and Orchard Fruits. Then I will put on a YC Vanilla Cupcake to go with it later.

Becky, how do you like Swan Creek's Gingerbread? I'm thinking of making a purchase there soon.

Today I packed the boys up to go visit a relative, and the battery on my car was fried. Had to call AAA and get it replaced...bummer! angry.gifI did end up getting some chores done at home, though. blush.gif

Today I'm melting Vanilla Voodoo from LSC (from my CF buddy, thanks!) and Gooey Sugar Cookies from Tara's CC. biggrin.gif

Biolaeagles--sorry to hear about your plans getting changed. Who knows, maybe you avoided an accident or something? That is what I usually tell myself when things like that happen. It can sure be frustrating, though.

Can anyone see my new avatar? It's creepy/pumpkinish. I have tried everything and can't seem to get it to update for me. Still seeing the seashell I've had a zillion years. Hmmm . . .

[eta]

About the new avatar, I can see it in the upper right corner when I log in, and I can see it if I click on my profile, just can't see it on any of the posts (still the old one)

Laurie - I still see your seashell, 2. But, when I click on your avatar from here, it takes me to your profile & I see your new one there. When U log in...U can see your avatar in the upper right corner? By your forum name? cloud%209.gif I only see a picture of a smiling television by mine.

Biolaeagles--Who knows, maybe you avoided an accident or something?

[smilie=iagree] And at least U were home and U & the boys weren't stuck someplace in timbucktu (does anyone say that anymore? :lol: ) waiting for help.

I'm melting Goose Creek's Spiced Gourmet. S'ok....not my fave, but ok.

That's true, guys! It's so nice to have help so quickly with just a little phone call.

Tonight I'm going to burn YC's Be Thankful once the boys go down to sleep! Just me, a book, and my candle, haha. th_LOVE.gif

Good Morning--it is a very warm morning here so I think we are going to have another couple of summer days before a big cool down this weekend. I am starting the day with BBW Pumpkin Cupcake and a pillar of French Country Vanilla by BH&G.

Trep, It's warmed back up here in SC too. I really can't complain because we had a much cooler summer this year. This morning I am going to melt sugar cookie dough bread from Olde Primitive Treasures. It's an old tart. I don't think that vendor is even open anymore.

Happy Thursday.

Ended my Wednesday with VDC Pink Blueberry Ice Cream

Starting my morning with LSC Sugar Cookie Royale and Scrumptious Vanilla Bread...I really need to use these up but I hope I can get replacements. [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Have a good one. :)

Good morn, everyone. Cool this morn, but to be very hot later.

Votive: Exotic Spice by Trapp, have this in a cute gobblin votive holder.

Candle: Blackberry Spice by BBW.

Dabba--I don't mind the warm up either as I don't want to see it get too cold too early.

Just lit a two wick YC Merry Marshmallow--I hated the tart but I also hated the Snowflake Cookie tart and loved the two wick so I am hoping for the same success. Time will tell. Also have Ashland Cabin Retreat and Yankee Autumn Woods going.

UPDATE: I am happy to report that the two wick Merry Marshmallow is very nice. I don't know why the tart was so awful to my nose, but this candle is just fine. It is not super strong, but plenty strong enough for me. I also dug out a 2011 BH&G candle in Raspberry Lemonade to see if I even like it. I got it when Walmart clearanced it out two years ago because it was so cheap. Usually I don't care for lemon. I decided to light it and see what I think and then get rid of it if I don't like it rather than continuing to have it take up space.

Throwback Thursday: I found a remaining Cottage Hill Creations Sugar Plum Spice. Although it was on the lighter side, it still smelled th_fabulous1.gif.. Also melting Carol's Apple Cinnamon Donuts and Fall Harvest..Both smelled great!!!

Getting ready to go for a massage. cloud_9.gif Have a wonderful Thursday afternoon!!

When I was in Marshall's the other day they had some different Yankee two wicks on a fall display. One was a deep rusty orange color, one was gold and one was a deep red. The rusty one was Vibrant Orange, gold was Amber and the red was Currant. I got the orange one because it was so pretty. On the front is a label with a quote from Emily Bronte--"Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree". I thought that was kind of neat. I just now lit it and we will see how it smells.

When I was in Marshall's the other day they had some different Yankee two wicks on a fall display. One was a deep rusty orange color, one was gold and one was a deep red. The rusty one was Vibrant Orange, gold was Amber and the red was Currant. I got the orange one because it was so pretty. On the front is a label with a quote from Emily Bronte--"Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree". I thought that was kind of neat. I just now lit it and we will see how it smells.

trep, that's pretty! I think I saw those three candles in the clearance section on Yankee's website too (3 for $30).

Today I'm melting Frosted Pumpkin Butter Cookies from SMT.....to die for!!! It's making me crave all types of sweets. sFun_bubblegum.gif

Trep...that sounds like a beautiful candle...gonna check my Marshall's for it. ;)

Tonight it's another goodie from my fall swap box....

SBS Pumpkin Patch.....strong and perfectly Fall!! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] They are adorable little pumpkins...cute!!