The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

ChristinaR

Fall into September's Fragrances

Thanks for the well wishes for my Dad! :thwetkissf: I'm just popping in for a minute but have been staying with him so I just came home to replenish my things. Take care all.

MaggieMae - Does 'replenish' mean taking some smellies back w/you? [smilie=th_biqazm1] I hope your dad's feeling much better!

It's a grey, rainy day here so to add a little light, I'm burning B&BW's Pumpkin Carving candle.[smilie=th_cc15]

Maggie, your dad is fortunate to have such a caring daughter. Best wishes to you both. :wub:

Melting Hazelnut Latte and Perk Me Up, both from Scentsy. My house smells like a coffee shop. :D

Maggie--sounds like your dad is in good hands.

DH sent me off to the larger city near us for some retail therapy. He said I needed to get out and about some so I did. Of course, I got some candles--Michael's had their 3/$10 which is a great deal and then I went to the County Fair event at BBW. If you spent $50 you could pick out a canning jar candle plus if you spent $10 you got the medium Harvest Gathering candle which is coming out in October. With the three wicks being 2/$22 and my 20% off coupon I did very well. I figured I got $132.50 worth of candles for $47.34 tax and all!! I don't think you can hardly beat that. I also picked out a couple of candles at Kirklands. One was on sale--called Neapolitan and as you might guess it is a three layer strawberry, vanilla, chocolate mix--smells just like the ice cream. It is the Cobblestone candle company brand and also got one called Berry Bliss which I am burning right now--a really nice berry mix (strawberry, blueberry and raspberry). I also used a BOGO coupon at Yankee and got two new Pure Radiance crackling scents--Merry Mint and Iced Cookie. I have never had a Pure Radiance so we will see how I like them. So I did well and enjoyed myself. Hope all of you have had a good day too.

hfall.gif

Hi everyone

Get well wishes for your dad, Maggie

Melting -

CFTKR ~ Falling Leaves

Skinny Dip ~ Lemon ZB

Scentsationals ~ No Place Like Home

Scentsy ~ Welcome Home

Burning -

YC ~ Spiced Pumpkin

YC ~ Vanilla Chai

While I was at Yankee I got to smell the three new Thanksgiving candles--Turkey and Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce and Sweet Potato Pie. I was not impressed. To me the turkey one smelled like chicken broth with lots of sage. The Sweet Potato Pie one smelled like turkey and the Cranberry Sauce was an OK cranberry scent but nothing special. Hopefully, other people will like them better than I did.

I just now lit a small Paula Deen canning jar candle called Slow Berry Cobbler. Found that today for $2.

Hi, everyone!

Trep, so glad to hear the news about your DH. What does Harvest Gathering smell like?

MaggieMae, hope your dad has a speedy recovery!

Haven't been melting much this week due to a busy work schedule and lots of stress over my little kitty Koosh. She's spending the weekend at the vet to treat severe anemia and potassium deficiency, side effects of her kidney failure. Her kidney values are better though, so they're cautiously optimistic. I'm pretty much a wreck :(

It's finally raining here today, so I have BBW Applewood Bonfire going in the living room and Pumpkin Carving in the other room, and they're mixing nicely.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Cortland Apple by Kringle

Susan - What do U think of Kringle candles....have U tried any other scents or their melts? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

While I was at Yankee I got to smell the three new Thanksgiving candles--Turkey and Stuffing. To me the turkey one smelled like chicken broth with lots of sage.

Trep - When I heard that was going to be a new scent, I thought..... [smilie=th_puke] I'm definitely a foody/bakery scent gal, but that's one scent I'd much rather have as the real deal, not in a waxie. :wacko:

Rivercat - I'm sorry to hear Koosh is at the vets. I've been where U are & I know how stressful that is 4 U. Keeping U and Koosh in my prayers. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

I'm melting Nene's Nutmeg & Ginger - luv this one! :wub:

trep, I'm so glad you got to get out and get some new candles!

MaggieMae, I hope your dad recovers quickly!

Today I started melting Almond Pastry from CFTKR (which I love), but it was too strong for DH, so I had to switch out to Bear Claws from Tara's CC (which I also love)!

th_prod_107_1676.gif

Thank you for the info on the YC Fall candles, Trep. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon I won't be in a hurry to go check them out!

Arranging my fall candle stash I realized I have 3 B&BW candles in the Leaves scent. How did that happen? [smilie=th_paper-bag]

So, tonight it is Leaves burning!

Rivercat--so sorry about your kitty. It sounds like she might be improving, though, so hang in there. I tell you those pets of ours just steal our hearts and it is scary when they aren't well. Will say a little prayer for Koosh--after all she is one of God's creatures, too.

The BBW Harvest Gathering description is "Gather together to enjoy the richness of autumn with this blend of pumpkin,warm harvest spices and apples." To me it smells like a lighter version of their Leaves scent with a touch more cinnamon and apple. It is a very mellow scent--not so in your face as some of them are. I haven't burned it yet, of course but I like it on cold sniff. The label is very pretty and reminds me of Thanksgiving.

Debra--I think Yankee needs to think a bit more before doing some of these scents they have been trying here lately. I hate to say it but the quality of the candles I saw was awful. The wicks were really long and hadn't been trimmed and quite a few were off center. For a $28 candle they need to be more careful. I am a Yankee fan but have been a bit disappointed at their autumn offerings this year. Now the two holiday ones I got in Pure Radiance Crackles were great quality and I am anxious to try them and see how they burn.

This morning I am starting with YC Waikiki Melon (trying to finish this one) and BBW Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin.

Arranging my fall candle stash I realized I have 3 B&BW candles in the Leaves scent. How did that happen? [smilie=th_paper-bag]

Debra - I've also noticed my B&BW's candles just seem to multiply. I think they're like bunnies...[smilie=th_pardon]

I'm burning Gold Canyon' s White Pumpkin - luv their candles! :wub:

On this beautiful first day of fall I am burning Ashland Cabin Retreat, Febreze Falling Leaves and True Living Mixed Berries. Have a great day everyone!

[smilie=th_sHellobar] All! I am back home and Dad is doing super! Thanks for all your kind words...I appreciate it very much! [smilie=th_teks0311]

Sweet....nope, no melting or burning for the past 2 days for me. Just stopped at home to make sure the kids were in one piece and get clean clothes.;)

Rivercat, I'm sorry to hear about little Koosh...I hope that she will be feeling better soon! [smilie=th_catkiss]

Debra...it's a good scent to end up having three of!! ;)

Melting

Glazed Apple Cider Donuts from CFOW downstairs

Lavender Coconut Cream Sugar Cookie from FP upstairs

Have a good one. :)

Great news about your dad, Maggie--it is always a relief to have them on the mend.

That Febreze Falling Leaves is a great scent--it smells bakery to me but it is very good.

Trying to decide what to burn for the rest of the day. I guess I better look through my stash.

I decided on BBW Cider Donut, YC Vanilla Cupcake and Mainstays Mulled Cider.

Have a great night, everyone.

I am melting Better Homes and Garden, Wildberry Cheesecake (best one I have tried). In another room I am melting HHS, Pink Strawberry...Smells so yummy.. [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

Thanks, sweet&spiceygrl, Trep and MaggieMae for the good thoughts and prayers. Hoping to get some good news tomorrow morning!

The B&BW candles absolutely multiply like bunnies ;)

Burning B&BW Pumpkin Hayride. Not sure how I feel about it yet.