The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Mallory

Season Heavy

I'm looking for insight into why retail stores like YC & BBW change to the next season months ahead of the actual season.

Here in the south its too warm IMO to use fall fragrances. I'm using mostly fresh, beachy scents & sweet, fruity scents for August. Many of these are sold out or discontinued during the semi annual sale in June.

Any thoughts on why these stores push one season when they could continue selling certain scents pretty much all year or at least several more months? Is it a marketing thing where they're limiting certain scents to increase sales/demand? Perhaps I'm the only one that has an issue with this. [smilie=th_help]

Consumers always want new...new....new! :ssshopping: Retail in clothing items goes the same route. Seems if you're looking for a new bathing suit or sandals, if U don't buy them by March, come May, June or later they can't be found and in July the fall clothes R making an appearance in stores. It's been this way for a long time, but does seem to be escalating a little. I've gotta admit, come mid/late July, I'm ready and looking for what's gonna be new in waxies for fall. [smilie=th_pardon]

Thanks for the replies! I'm ready for a change too, but our weather will be hot for another month. I'll mix in some apple scents soon, but many of the fall scents aren't for me (headache/allergy issues). I'm planning to check out the new fall scents in stores later this week.

I too have often wondered the exact same thing. Here in Oregon where I live it is still pushing into the 90's. It really doesn't make you want any Fall smells. I actually went into YC a couple weeks ago to take a peek at the Fall smells. I asked the store manager why they already have so many when it's still Summer. She said all Fragrance companies are always a season ahead. So being in the store I couldn't leave empty handed. I picked up 3 tarts. Lakeside Sunset, Cozy Sweater, and Soft Blanket. I have melted half of each tart and let me tell you they really pack a punch! So half is plenty! They didn't have a Fall smell to them at all. More of a purfumey smell which I do like. Lakeside Sunset had some note into that sorta reminded me of suntan lotion.

Anyway, I am on a wax ban till at least Mid Sept maybe early October till it cools down enough to enjoy the Fall scents. I figure there should still be something left out there and it will probably be marked down to make room for Christmas and holiday scents.

Have a great day!

I am excited to see what is new for fall, and even Christmas, but I'm sticking with scents that aren't to spicey for now. I have to agree that YC Lake Sunset and Cozy Sweater have been nice surprises and more agreeable to my nose than the spicier scents I will want to melt later. It's a way to participate in the excitement of approaching cooler weather without going overboard and driving my family out of the house.

Wow, that's frustrating that some stores have yanked the more beachy, fresh scents for summer already. I guess the lesson to learn is to pick up what you need for the season ahead, and plenty of it! (Gee, just what I need... another excuse to buy more wax.) [smilie=th_pardon]

I'm still using summer scents w/our temps in the 90s week after week. I did purchase some of the new YC scents in August(Cozy Sweater, Lake Sunset, November Rain, Vanilla Chai) to try. I didn't like Lake Sunset & swapped it for Sun & Sand. The November Rain votive is a little strong for my bedroom & too faint for my family room, but I do like it. I have the medium jar & tarts to try in the family room if we ever get cooler weather. Haven't tried the others yet.

Perhaps by November the weather will be suitable for Fall fragrances. I have quite a few leftovers (mostly BBW) from last year I should use up anyway.