The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Back to School with Scents that are Cool

It smells like autumn around this house.

I'm melting Cederwood Vanilla (unknown) and November Rain (Yankee) Very nice start to the day. I'm also burning Archipelago Botanical - Amalfi and in the bathroom - Kayloma Citrus Blast candle

Rivercat - just a little word of caution if you turn your minis into tarts - the saleslady at the store warned against setting the container on a melter - sounds like there have been some uh-ohs doing that!

Yikes, good to know! I will definitely keep an eye on them if I use the melter. I was also thinking of maybe just cutting the wax out, since it's fairly soft.

This morning it's Streetman Juan's Burro Ride in the living room and TDC Lemon Eucalyptus in the bathroom.

Supposed to be heading to a friend's backyard bbq in a couple hours, but it's all chilly and grey outside. The poor woman has already changed the date twice :crysmiley1:

No rain today---seems odd not to have it.

I am burning Yankee Sage and Citrus. Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

bf-palmsmiley.gif Good Morning!

Nearly broke my neck tripping on a dog bone this morning madgo.gif

Melting CFTKR Iced Lemon Biscotti...so fantastic heart-3.gif

Can't believe how quickly this summer has flown by! It's been fun and busy. DS#1 had band camp all week and was exhausted...lots of marching!

Jules, I always have mixed emotions when my boys go back to school too. This year I'll have a new middle schooler and a freshman in hs! Yikes...where does the time go? We start school here on Sept. 3. bf-schoolsmiley.gif They're a bit excited because all of the 5th thru 12th graders are getting an iPad to use this year. Should be interesting....

Hope everyone has a great Sunday! AddEmoticons09710.gif

This morning it is Yankee Vanilla Cupcake. I have home made soup in the crock pot so needed something thata wouldn't smell funky with it. It is a lovely day here. [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Good morn, everyone. Today I'm melting: Butterfly Kisses by Tuscany Candle Co. Apples & Spice by Swan Creek Candle Co.

Sweet I really like Country Living melts. The two I have tried so far have been very strong. Have a great day.

I have officially declared Fall at my house. As you know, last year I spent the fall with my father as he was dying and didn't get back home until November. So this year I decided to decorate early and celebrate my favorite season longer. I think I have just about everything out and ready.

I am burning YC Harvest, Vanilla Cupcake and Ashland Vanilla.

Hope you all are having a great day.

trep, I love that you are starting fall early! I can't wait until the season comes.

Today I'm melting Tiffany's Donut Shop (my favorite doughnut smell!) and Blackberry Mallow Latte from LOL in the kitchen. th_slider_flirt.gif

So far I have YC Ocean Water in my melter and YC Beachwalk burning in my Quickscent melter. I thought I might as well finish off some of my more "beachy" scents since it will soon be time to delve into my collection of fall scents.

I think I might switch my home decor to more of an autumn theme towards the middle of September, but I do think I'm about ready to put up my beach/summer decorations for the year. Back to school time always feels like the end of summer, even if cooler weather is still weeks away.

Trep, I think it's really fun that you are getting out your fall decorations now. It's sort of like you are reclaiming some of what was lost to you last year. I'm so sorry for your loss and hope that things are getting easier with time.

Aria, glad you didn't do a face plant over the dog bone. At my house it's always the dog I worry about tripping over (and have plenty of times), particularly when I'm cooking and the hound is hoping I accidentally drop some tasty morsels! The cat mostly gets his tail stepped on when he is underfoot, so he gets the worse end of the situation.

Rivercat, did your friend get to have her BBQ? Weather has been rainy here in the Denver area each afternoon, too. It's definitely hard to plan outdoor events during monsoon season!

Thanks Biolaeagles--I am enjoying my fall things.

Candlefan--you hit the nail on the head. I AM attempting to reclaim what I lost last year--also trying to make the season joyful instead of just remembering the sadness of last year. I think starting early and thinking positive is going to help alot. I know my dad wouldn't want me to hate the season just because he isn't here anymore. Thanks for your kind words.

Rivercat, did your friend get to have her BBQ? Weather has been rainy here in the Denver area each afternoon, too. It's definitely hard to plan outdoor events during monsoon season!

Candlefan, yes, thank goodness! Right around noon the clouds disappeared and it warmed up nicely. Such weird weather this summer :huh:

Trep, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. It's a great idea to get fall going now--it's my favorite season [smilie=th_LOVE]

Aria, glad you weren't seriously hurt! I'm always stepping on cat toys in the dark and thinking it's a dead mouse or something [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

This evening in the living room it's YC Turquoise Sky, and in the bedroom Sleepy from The Bathing Garden.

Trep - I like your idea of decorating for fall now! [smilie=th_clap1] Even if it's still a little warm outside, the inside of our homes can reflect what we luv & enjoy about autumn. [smilie=yes]

I took the wax out of a mini B&BW's Smores candle & am melting it. It's a good sweet marshmallow/smokey scent.

Hello all! [smilie=th_WE1summer013] It's good to be back but we had a great time! Came home to four waxie deliveries! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Aria...hope you didn't pull anything tripping over that bone...sometimes even if ya don't actually fall you can hurt yourself by the flailing around!!

I just turned on the melters to whatever was going before I left...not sure what it is but it's yummy!

Have a good evening!

This morning it's Streetman Juan's Burro Ride in the living room and TDC Lemon Eucalyptus in the bathroom.

Rivercat, how was Juan's Burro Ride? th_FULL_O17.gif I'm trying to imagine the scent description.

We start school here on Sept. 3. bf-schoolsmiley.gif They're a bit excited because all of the 5th thru 12th graders are getting an iPad to use this year. Should be interesting....

Everyone gets an iPad? How cool! Will they get to keep them and bring them home? Our schools use Smart boards in the classroom. My youngest has never experienced the joy(?) of a screechy chalk board.

trep, I love that you are starting fall early! I can't wait until the season comes.

Today I'm melting Tiffany's Donut Shop (my favorite doughnut smell!) and Blackberry Mallow Latte from LOL in the kitchen. th_slider_flirt.gif

th_LOVE.gifBlackberry Mallow Latte smells so good. Luv it.

Tonight I've dipped into the CFTKR order that came in yesterday. Lemon Noel

Good morn, everyone. Melting: Pineapple Coconut by Colonial

Votive: Pineapple Mango by Bridgewater, this is a very old votive but still puts out the punch.

Have a good day.

Good Morning! Thanks for starting my morning with a giggle, Jules.... [smilie=th_giggle]

Starting my day with Island Sands from Goosecreek....love the picture on the front...reminds me of vacation.

Upstairs it's Cedarwood N Orange from Happy Hippy.

Have a good one! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

Good morning and hello friends eatdrink059.gif

Getting a bit of a late start on melting (for me, anyway!) today...trying out Jelly Glazed Donuts from Skinny Dip Soaps.

Thanks for all the sympathy for my little "trip"...lol...I am fine, but you're right Maggie, my lower back and calf was sore from all the graceful ballet movements I did!!! I'm just glad no one else was around...the boys probably would have thought it was hysterical.

trep, hugs to you...I love the fall season as well. 84508.gif

Jules, the ipads will be on loan and get turned in at the end of the year. They bring the ipads home and must recharge them each night to bring back to school the next day. I'm curious to see how this is going to work out....stay tuned.

We put a fire pit in our yard over the weekend, so this was us last night---> cowboynite.gif. Saw a few shooting stars and someone in our area was sending up little Chinese paper lanterns...so fun to watch. I'd never seen these before....here's a link that shows what they are

Click Here

Sort of cloudy and blah here right now...not sure what we are doing today....

Have a good one friends Heart_Balloon_Emote_by_artsyfart-1.gif

Thanks for the hugs, Aria.

It is very humid and dark this morning--supposed to rain again. All the windows are fogged over from the moisture. I have on Yankee (Mystic Harbor) Nantucket Cranberry and YC (Writing Jar) Summer Wine plus Ashland Vanilla.

Have a great day everyone!