The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Back to School with Scents that are Cool

I am burning my new Yankee Whoopie Pie candle I got today and I am loving it. Chocolate scents can be really tricky but I kept hearing this one smelled just like a chocolate cake baking so I took a chance. It is wonderful and really does smell like you have a chocolate cake baking, so I am a happy gal. [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04 I also have on a two wick YC French Vanilla. Have a great evening everyone.

trep, that YC Whoopie Pie sounds like it's just up my alley!

I just switched up to Almond Cake from Shayz and love it!! Great scent throw.th_smilies-2.gif

It is amazingly wonderful. Sniffing it cold does not do this one justice. You have to burn it to see how great it is. I am really surprised by how much I like it.

I am burning my new Yankee Whoopie Pie candle I got today and I am loving it. Chocolate scents can be really tricky but I kept hearing this one smelled just like a chocolate cake baking so I took a chance. It is wonderful and really does smell like you have a chocolate cake baking

Trep - [smilie=th_yeahthat] I agree chocolate scents can be iffy. I like the way real chocolate tastes, but usually not how it smells in wax. I'll have to try it in a tart when they have their next sale. They usually have the $1 tart sale around Labor day - have U heard anything yet?

I put on FP's Lemon Shake-Up 2 hours ago & went about doing 'stuff'. A little while ago I was surprised I wasn't smelling anything, cuz their lemon scents R usually strong & good. Yep....you're right...I forgot to turn the melter on. :sFun_ahohno: Guess what I'll be melting tomorrow? [smilie=th_foolish1]

Rivercat - I have made most of my minis into tarts - the throw is a little stronger and I can at least see if I want to buy a bigger one. [smilie=th_aa17]

Great idea, Debra! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] I'm definitely going to try that.

Tonight it's YC Beach Wood in the living room and YC Pink Sands in the dressing area.

Have a good evening!

Sweet--I haven't heard yet when the next $1 tart sale is but if I can remember I'll ask the manager of our store the next time I am there. He'll tell me if they have told him. Ha!

School started today for my middle and high school-ers. I feel like thisth_cray.gif and thisth_yay.gif at the same time. It gets me every year.

Can-do - Blue Ribbon Cookies

Yankee - Caramel Pecan Pie

It is pouring again here and I have on YC Macintosh and Vanilla Caramel and Ashland Vanilla. At least dark days make good candle days.

Juletones, I love Can-Do's Blue Ribbon Cookies.

trep, do you usually buy your Yankee Candles as jars or tumblers? They are having a buy one get one free on large jars and tumblers today and I want to snag some in Blueberry Scone and Whoopie Pie! biggrin.gif

Today I'm melting Red Velvet Cake from Backroad Hobbies and Red, White and Blue Velvet from LOL.

Juletones, I love Can-Do's Blue Ribbon Cookies.

trep, do you usually buy your Yankee Candles as jars or tumblers? They are having a buy one get one free on large jars and tumblers today and I want to snag some in Blueberry Scone and Whoopie Pie! biggrin.gif

Today I'm melting Red Velvet Cake from Backroad Hobbies and Red, White and Blue Velvet from LOL.

I buy both tumblers and jars. The tumblers are nice if you are not able to burn the candle for a long time as you get your melt pool fast and you get a big scent throw. They do burn faster though so lots of times I buy tumblers for the scents I burn early in the day before I leave and for evening and get jars for days I am here all day and can burn them for long periods of time.

For this evening it is a votive of Yankee Pomegranate Cider. Supposed to get more rain here--I wish I could send it to California and put out those awful wildfires.

School started today for my middle and high school-ers. I feel like thisth_cray.gif and thisth_yay.gif at the same time. It gets me every year.

Jules - I hope the [smilie=th_cry2yw3] doesn't last long 4 U. Think of it this way....you'll have more time to waxie window shop and melt those girly scents while they're in school. [smilie=th_c032]

It is pouring again here

Trep - I saw reports of all the flooding rains in your state on TWC. :o Stay safe.

I'm melting FP's Lemon Shake-Up. I luv lemon but this one, surprisingly isn't 4 me. [smilie=th_sign0164] There will be another waxie adventure tomorrow...how lucky R we? [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Rivercat - just a little word of caution if you turn your minis into tarts - the saleslady at the store warned against setting the container on a melter - sounds like there have been some uh-ohs doing that!

Tonight is Scentsy - Huckleberry Sage

Thanks, Sweet--the flooding has been really bad--fortunately although we have had a lot of rain the past few days we haven't had nearly what the flooded areas have experienced. A couple of days ago people got 9" in about 4 hours and it is still raining in those areas. We live high up and the road to town is high so we are OK. The river between us and town is rising but I don't think we will have a problem. Sure wish it would stop this and go where it is needed, though.

Starting my Friday with YC Juicy Watermelon.

Hi everyone. Today I am melting: Pink Lady Slipper by YC, very strong.

Votive: Vanilla Satin by YC

Yesterday I had Raspberry Pomegranted melting by Country Living

Apricot Peach by Time & Again

Beach Cabana, mini candle from BBW.

Yesterday I had Raspberry Pomegranted melting by Country Living

Susan - How do U like the Country Living melts...R they strong? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

[smilie=th_bb20] I'm melting Lil Kitchen Candles Circus. Not sure about this one yet...it's a mix of cotton candy, orange dreamsicle & banana smoothie cotton candy and is really (REALLY!:blink: ) sweet.

edit: I think all the sweet put me in a sugar daze cuz I got the name & description totally wrong, so I edited to correct em. That's my story & I'm stickin 2 it.:D