The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Back to School with Scents that are Cool

Update on the Ashland Cinnamon Roll--I was right!! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr This candle smells like you are baking a plain cookie--by that I mean it smells like the dough from chocolate chip cookies but without the chocolate chips. Just a really nice cookie scent with more depth than a sugar cookie. I used to make a cookie that I think was called Brown Sugar Drops or something like that. Guess I need to check my recipe box--but this is what the candle smells like and I like it alot.

My sister chose Oatmeal Cookie from Scentsy to melt today. Yum! It has the whole house smelling great! Our visit is going so well. Love getting to know her as an adult and finding out all that we have in common even after being apart for so many years.

So happy for you mpfand--this will be a memory to cherish forever.

Getting ready to blow out the day's candles--I think I will just put on something vanilla for this evening. The house smells really good and the vanilla won't mess that up.

Maggie, does the pumpkin pecan waffles candle have a heavy maple note?

... Sweater Weather, Nutmeg & Spice ....

Aria, I don't smell the maple in mine...if it's there it's blended in nicely. I asked my girls and they didn't smell an obviously maple note either. :). I just picked up those two candles too!

I am burning YC Macintosh and Vanilla Caramel plus my Ashland Cinnamon Roll candle which I was saying on here the other day smells like cookies to me. I will report back later and let you know if it really does or if I am just nuts. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Trep, I went over to Michaels the other day cause of your post....I was blown away by the Warm Cookies scent...delicious. Actually a lot of them were really yummy. Unfortunately, they had a big metal inventory basket against the shelf so I couldn't reach any of the candles in the lower levels. I'm thinking that's where the Cinnamon Roll candles were cause I didn't see them. You think the throw is good?

My sister chose Oatmeal Cookie from Scentsy to melt today. Yum! It has the whole house smelling great! Our visit is going so well. Love getting to know her as an adult and finding out all that we have in common even after being apart for so many years.

I am so happy for you Mpfand!! [smilie=th_blij81]

Melting Slam Dunk from Streetman all day...still smells great.

Added candles in

Pumpkin Pecan Waffles by B&BW

Prairie Kitchen from Country Button Candles

Cinnamon Beignets from Folky Art

Have a good one. :)

That's really great about you getting reconnected with your sister, Mpfand! So happy for you!

I'm burning my new CBV Blackberry Smoothie candle this afternoon. I just started it up, but I can tell it is going to be a winner. Yummmm!

Burning the same Fall candles today.

Sweet- I love the YC Pumpkin Wreath. To me the pumpkin dominates with a cinnamon and woodsy note. I am loving this one but wish it was a bit stronger.

Ordered some Fall candles from BBW since they were on sake.

Pumpkin Apple

Pumpkin Cupcake

Pumpkin Pecan waffles

Pumpkin Blueberry Patch.

Can you tell I like pumpkin?

Maggie--the throw on the Ashland Cinnamon Roll was strong. I had it upstairs in a back room and it went all over the house--not in a bad way--but you could really smell it. It is the strongest Ashland I have had so far. The Vanilla is a close second.

For this evening it is YC French Vanilla.

Sweet- I love the YC Pumpkin Wreath. To me the pumpkin dominates with a cinnamon and woodsy note. I am loving this one but wish it was a bit stronger.

[smilie=th_teks0311] Michele! I'm waiting for the YC tart sale [smilie=th_12E9EC16] & will definitely sniff that one!

Trep & MaggieMae - You've got me wanting to go to Michael's & check those Ashland candles out - they sound good! [smilie=yes]

I'm melting FP's Lemon Vanilla Nutmeg Cupcakes - that's a mouthful, huh? :) Kinda hard to describe, just a nice mix of all those scents, definitely can smell the nutmeg which is one of my fave spices.

Aria, I can't believe I didn't notice them for so long! [smilie=th_biggestgrin] I guess I've been buying a lot more tarts than candles from YC the past couple years.

mpfand, glad to hear your visit is going well!

Tonight I'm burning B&BW London Calling.

Thanks Trep....good to know. Might have to take another run over there soon.

Added Buttercream Drizzle Bread from FP to the warmers...finally finished up the jar of "original" scoopable wax...think it's called "shaveable" wax now. Great scent though! :)

Night all!

Maggie and Sweet--I have been very impressed with these Ashland candles. They burn very clean and leave no wax on the jars with very little maintenance. I get a good throw from them and you can't beat the price. Hope you can find some you like. I got one called Cabin Retreat that I am going to try soon. It is a beautiful green color with a picture of a cabin on it. Smells very "autumn".

Starting the day with YC Waikiki Melon--wanting to get this one finished up.

Morning...

Supposed to have thunderstorms all day.

It's Miss Melanie from TBG warming in all three rooms

Burning Cinnamon Beignet from Folky Art

I'm melting FP's Lemon Vanilla Nutmeg Cupcakes - that's a mouthful, huh? :) Kinda hard to describe, just a nice mix of all those scents, definitely can smell the nutmeg which is one of my fave spices.

Sweet, last night I melted Vanilla Nutmeg Eggnog from FP. It smelled delish! Good nutmeg.

Morning...

Supposed to have thunderstorms all day.

It's Miss Melanie from TBG warming in all three rooms

I envy your all-day thunderstorm. Dark skies make for great candle burning as long as the power doesn't go out.

This morning I'm melting:

Jamaica Me Crazy - Tara's candle Cottage

Raspberry Filled Bread (amazing)- Front Porch

Good morning, everyone! DS # 2 if feeling a bit better, but still has raspy breathing/cough. I hope he gets better soon! It's no fun being quarantined at home with two little ones....at least I can melt my wax! wink.gif

Today I'm melting Ultimate Donut from Tiffany's and Caramel Cinnamon Latte from HHS. biggrin.gif

MaggieMae - Whatcha think of Folky Art's candles? They're 1 wick? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Sweet, last night I melted Vanilla Nutmeg Eggnog from FP. It smelled delish! Good nutmeg.

Jules - Good 2 know! I got a few melts of that 2 try, 2. U must have been feelin a little festive? :D Nahhh...it's never 2 early 4 eggnog. :sHa_okay:

Biolaeagles - Glad 2 hear your little one is feeling better! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

We're having a resurgence of hot weather, so I'm melting BH&G's Grapefruit Melon Sage. [smilie=th_1_bigone110] this one puts out lots 'o scent! (in a good way).

th_laughing.gifSweet, I ordered the FP eggnog sampler as research for Christmastime. That's what I told myself anyway. th_pardon.gif

Biolaeagles, I'm so glad your little one is feeling a bit better.

Tonight I put on Cast iron Cookies from Can-do.

For the rest of the day it is YC Vanilla Cupcake and Buttercream and BH&G Frosted Vanilla Cupcake.

Biolaeagles, glad your little man is feeling a bit better. It's so hard when they are sick!

Sweet, yep, the Folky Art candles is a single wick but it's in a mason jar so it burns nice and clean as long as the wick is not too short... [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon Yep, I did that! I did remedy it quickly though. :)

Time to change the scents...

Upstairs Scentsationals Joyful Laughter

Downstairs Scentsationals Cherished Memories

I'm finishing up my fragrance day with YC Lake Sunset in both tart and candle, YC Cozy Sweater, and Colonial Platinum Pearl.

I am so wanting the weather to cool off so I can better enjoy my fall scents! I just went for a walk as the sun set, and even as it got dark it felt warm and muggy out.

Love your quote, MaggieMae-- so very true! [smilie=iagree]

I have a B&BW Eucalyptus & Mint candle burning, trying to cover up the smell of wet dogs! P-U! It has been a long time since we have had rain and we got caught out in this one. [smilie=th_fear8]

Tonight I added in White Macadamia Nut from OLC. I'm really loving all of my OLC tarts! My Tiffany's Ultimate Donut tarts are still throwing after 12 hours! Goodnight, everyone. th_slider_bigsleep.gif