The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Back to School with Scents that are Cool

Good morning....

Melting Granma's Monster Jam from HHS....love!

Maggie, hehehe...I thought it was a seashell...hehehe

Off to take some Claritin...allergies are kickin' this morning!

See you guys later!

Good Morning! My sister should be here sometime this evening. I feel like a kid again; we haven't been together, just the two of us, in about 13 years...

The melts for today are Fried Ice Cream and Simply Vanilla from Scentsy. She likes vanilla type scents with some cinnamon so I thought these would be a good choice.

Enjoy your sister, mpfand.

For this afternoon it is YC Napa Valley Sun. It is very very hot and humid here today--yuk! :(

Jules, I love Tara's Sugar Corn Pudding!

Today I'm re-melting Marshmallow Madness from HHS (this one is lasting forever!), and Granma's Mrs. Claus' Pink Noel from HHS. This scent is so strong that two cubes from my clamshell filled my entire two story house and I had to turn it off and cut it in half- crazy! I really love the scent, though. Next time I'll just use one cube. tongue.gif

My sister should be here sometime this evening. I feel like a kid again; we haven't been together, just the two of us, in about 13 years...

Mpfand - She sure had a long way to drive. When I'm tired, I get weepy easier. So...get the kleenix ready.;) Hugs to U both![smilie=th_bighug-1]

[smilie=th_bb20] Getting a late start melting & didn't want to waste any wax, so I'm re-melting last nite's Swan Creek's Vanilla Pound Cake. I stopped at a local craft store that recently relocated to the same plaza Wally World is in and checked out the candle isle first. I was so happy 2 C they had some Swan Creek melts now! [smilie=snoopy] Unfortunately the Roasted Espresso rack was already empty. Word must be out how good that is. :sHa_okay:

Good Saturday morning![smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20wavin

I'm melting ScentSationals (Walmart) Chai Tea. It's a really good tea scent, not as strong on the spice as I'm used to, tho. Maybe next time I melt it, I'll try a waxperiment & add a little of Nene's Nutmeg & Ginger to it. [smilie=th_c032]

I know I haven't been around much lately but I have been very busy. DH and I spent much of this week setting up DD's apartment. We are now at the beach house and will be here through Labor Day. Today I am burning some Fall scents-

YC Pumpkin Wresth

YC Vanilla Chai

YC Caramel Pecan Pie

I enjoyed reading what everyone has been up to.

Biolaeagles-Hope the baby feels better.

Mpfand-Enjoy your sister's visit !

Burning my new B&BW Pumpkin Pecan Waffles candles and melting...

Zucchini Pumpkin Crunch Bread from Tara's

Pumpkin Buttercream Cookie from Ava's

Mmmmmmmm........ [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Added Taras Confused Gain upstairs...strong!

I had ScentSationals Ginger Peach on the hot plate all day, and just started YC Lake Sunset in the living room. It seemed very floral on cold sniff, so we'll see...

ETA: Has anyone else noticed the new category labeling on Yankee's candles? I just looked at the Turquoise Sky I bought for my friend and it has a little "Fresh" icon next to the name. My Harvest has a "Food & Spice." Haven't seen any other categories yet.

Candles tonight!

Tiffany ~ Candy Corn & Cheesecake

A Cheerful Giver ~ Honey Pear Cider

YC ~ Carrot Cake

Rivercat, I think YC has had those category circles on the labels for at least a few years. I am assuming you're talking about the little gold circle next to the scent name on the front of the jar.

Michele, good to hear from you!

Have a great night!

Today I am burning some Fall scents-

YC Pumpkin Wresth

Michele - Whatcha think about Pumpkin Wreath....is it more pumpkin or wreath? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Aria - So cute kitty couple in your new avatar! [smilie=yes]

I'm melting BH&G's Farm Apple Pumpkin. I wondered if it might be uber strong from the cold sniff, but melting, it's a good blend of scents, not 2 strong at all. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Thanks for the well wishes, candlelove!

MaggieMae, how do you like the Pumpkin Pecan Waffles? I have that candle too, but haven't burned it yet.

I melted Sugar Corn Pudding from HHS this morning and loved it, but husband hated it so I had to turn it off. Boo! I"ll save it for when he goes to work on Monday. tongue.gif

Now I'm melting Goody Two Shoes from OLC and Raspberry Peppermint Bark (my own mix!) from OLC. Love both of these! flirtysmile4.gif

Biolaeagles, I love the Pecan Pumpkin Waffles! I have been burning it all day!!

I think that next week I will be heading to BBW for this candle. I think someone also mentioned Blueberry Pumpkin which sounded interesting.

Sweet- I will burn the Pumpkin Wreath later today by itself and report back.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Melting a scent shot from a lovely CF pal...Serendipity Noel from Ollie's Soaps...great blend of the two scents. The Noel part sort of tones down the cherry in the serendipity.

sweet, I have Pumpkin Wreath in a jar, but haven't burned it yet. It's a very warm scent...along the same line as their Be Thankful or Fall Festival, but more woodsy. On cold, the main notes I get are pumpkin, spice and woods.

Maggie, does the pumpkin pecan waffles candle have a heavy maple note?

Thinking of heading up to B&BW for some fall candles since they're on sale. The ones I want to get are Pumpkin Carving, Sweater Weather, Nutmeg & Spice and Autumn. Hope they are all in stock.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

I am burning YC Macintosh and Vanilla Caramel plus my Ashland Cinnamon Roll candle which I was saying on here the other day smells like cookies to me. I will report back later and let you know if it really does or if I am just nuts. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon