The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Back to School with Scents that are Cool

This is the last full week of summer.

Mpfand - Say it ain't so...how can that B?? :o WHERE did August go??!! :sFun_ahohno:

I'm melting Folky Art's Madeleine's from a CF pal. [smilie=th_teks0311] Mmmmm....lemon cookies! :wub: I went to Folky Art's etsy store to check the scent description and saw she has the cutest old-timey autumn labels available for her candles - adorable!

Thanks, Maggie, about the avatar--yes I think it is supposed to be kiwi--thought it looked bright and cheerful.

For this evening I have a BBW canning jar of Blackberry Spice-this is mostly blackberry but you can catch a hint of spice. I like it that way as I don't like scents that are too spicy.

Have a good evening, everyone.

Hi everyone. Paradise by Root, votive and travel tin

Island Luau by Mainstays, first time trying this brand of candle. It was on sale.

Have a great day.

Morning :)

Well, last night I put on Cucumber Melon -thanks for the thought, Mpfand! ;)

One from Country Button Candles

And a loaf from Sea Breeze Scents....liked hers a lot...had a sweetness to it.

This morning it's...

Carnival Cakes from LSC...gotta use some up to make room for more if I can ever get my hands on them!

Pink Sugared Marshmallow from PP&S

Have a good one. :)

MaggieMae, those scents sound delightful! I'm also melting a LSC tart: Coconut Marshmallow Latte. This is good, but not as strong as I'd like (not surprising since it has marshmallow and coconut in it). I'm also melting Zucchini Pastries from OLC and it is a great bakery scent.

th_prod_107_1676.gif

For this evening it Is YC Candy Corn ( a bargain I got at TJ Maxx) and Juicy Peach.

I was at Michael's today looking at their new fall candles and I was wanting a cookie one. I had heard last year they had a really good cookie scent. Well, they had one called Warm Cookies but to me it smelled like cinnamon rolls. So, I smelled the one called Cinnamon Rolls ( I have never found a scent by this name that I liked) and it smelled like cookies. I smelled all the jars of both scents to see if maybe the jars I had sniffed were mislabeled. If they were ( and I am wondering) they were all mislabeled. So I bought the one called Cinnamon Rolls and we will see if when it melts it still smells like cookies. I sure hope it does. If any of you happen to see these scents at your Michaels I would love to know what you think. I also got one called Apple Cinnamon--this one smells like a candied cinnamon apple--can't wait to try it. Anyway, that is my little candle shopping story. Have a great night everyone! Forgot to say I got these on sale 2/$8--can't hardly beat that for a 17 oz candle.

Trep - It'll be interesting 2 hear if those candles were mislabeled - that's kind of a BIG [smilie=th_oops_] . Let us know. What a purdy new avatar - reminds me of a big harvest moon!

I took the wax out of a mini B&BW's Spiced Cider candle and am melting it. Not getting much scent from it yet.[smilie=th_pardon]

Thanks Biolaeagles! I love the Coconut Marshmallow Latte too....but I also wish it was stronger! :sHa_okay:

Trep....now I'm gonna hafta run over to Michaels tomorrow!! I'll let ya know what I find out! [smilie=yes]

:sHa_haha: Sweet, your siggy is cracking me up!!! That reminds me of my mother!! Too funny!!

Tonight it's

Prairie Kitchen from Country Button Candles in candle and tarts....a favorite! :flirt-2:

It is so warm here I decided to go a lil' bit tropical with my bakery. Melting Scentsationals Coconut Macaroons and Red Velvet Cake.

That sounds like sweet bakery bliss, Jenni. I've got a BBW Sweet Macaroon burning but I can't really smell it over the melts. I'm not complaining, though. The melts are Can-do Blue Ribbon Cookies.

Trep....now I'm gonna hafta run over to Michaels tomorrow!! I'll let ya know what I find out! [smilie=yes]

I love a good shopping story, Trep. Did they have melts too? MaggieMae, I can't wait to see if any "research" wax makes it into your shopping cart. th_giggle.gif 2 for $8 is hard to resist.

[smilie=th_biggestgrin] Good Morning

Starting my day with...

Coffee Cake & Spice from Ava's

Oatmeal Cookie from Aunt Nena's....this one smells nothing like an oatmeal cookie...it almost has a musky smell to it but I LOVE IT! I gotta find out what this is so I can order more...I am assuming it was mislabeled. [smilie=th_thumbs20up] Has anyone tried this scent?

Have a good one! :)

Hi friends....

Haven't been here in a few days...been in a bit of a funk. You know how that goes.

Anyhow...got some good news last night and that cheered me up! DS#2 found out his homeroom teacher for this year (5th grade) and it's the teacher we were HOPING he would get!!!! bliss.gif She is a fantastic teacher and I am so happy he will be in her class this year. thyesssmileyf.gif

Melting Tiffany Candles Sugar Cookie....this has to be one of the best sugar cookie scents I've ever melted. It's yummy.hearts.gif

weathermanf2.gifIt's gonna be a hot one here today after our little fall preview last week....looking forward to a dip in the pool this afternoon.pool2.gif

Hugs to all!tha857f08c.gif

Good morning, everyone! DS # 2 has a cold so I have to take both boys into the doctor's today. I'm hoping everything is okay since he' only two months old. unsure.gif

Today I'm melting Mango Tea from OLC (love!), Wildberry Mouse Vanilla Bean Noel by HHS, and Lavender Milk from OLC.

Aria--our fall preview is over, too and we are back to more August type weather.

Biolaeagles--hope all went well at the doctor' s office. It is always so scary when the little ones aren't feeling well.

This afternoon it is Yankee Christmas Cookie and I will probably add something else later.

trep, your avatar is just beautiful!

biolaeagles, I hope your little guy is feeling better soon!

I've been cleaning and getting ready for my sister's visit. As adults, we've had a bit of estranged relationship due to her very controlling husband. She's taking a few weeks to come visit to hopefully strengthen our relationship and figure things out in her life. I'm looking forward to it and am hoping this visit and time alone helps her. She's driving from Kentucky so she'll have plenty of time to think! Anyway, didn't mean to be so long winded. My house smells amazing right now. I'm melting Sugared Melon Kiwi from BH&G, Cucumber Kiwi from ScentSationals and Lime & Kiwi Cantaloupe and Jumpin' Jelly Beans from Scentsy.

Aria...hope the funk is gone! [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Biolaeagles...hope your doctors visit went well....it's so sad when our little ones aren't feeling well.

Mpfand...hoping your visit with your sis runs smoothly! This might be just what you guys need! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Still can't figure out what I'm smelling...neither can anyone else! But I like it!

Aria, your swimming emoticon is cute, cute, cute!

Biolaeagles, get well wishes for your DS. Poor little guy. th_thanimeomega_emoticon_97.jpg

Today i'm melting:

Pink Sugar - Front Porch Candles

Lemon Noel - Candles from the Keeping Room

Thanks, mpfand--I hope you and your sister have a good visit--possibly you can air some things out. After my father passed away last fall my sister and I who have had quite a rocky relationship as adults got a lot of misconceptions out in the open on both sides and I think we are now closer than we have ever been.

I added BBW Pumpkin Cupcake to my Christmas Cookie this afternoon. It is one of the canning jars and has a perfect throw for the bathroom. I am loving this scent. I bought a three wick for larger areas of the house and think I will get more when they are on sale.