The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

July's Scent Sparklers

I like the new avatars everyone has--so summery.

I have added Yankee Beachwood to the mix. It goes really well with pineapple.

Maggie--I love your avatar too.

I think BBW quit their tarts about three years ago but it could have been four.

:angry: Everything I typed just got poofed somehow! [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

Melting HHS Granma's Creamy Coconut ZB

Have a nice afternoon...

Aria, I LOVE HHS' Granma's Creamy Coconut ZB...so amazing!

Today I'm melting Chocolate Lava Cake from SH and Pink Sugar Buns from LSC. I love both of these scents! th_slider_flirt.gif

I'm melting an elderly LSC's Vanilla Butter Fudge tart. Don't have real high hopes 4 it, have had this quite a while - it's not even in the cup, it's one of the wrapped ones.

I never got a chance to try the B&BW's tarts either - were they as good as their candles? Maybe we should bombard them with requests to bring em back....[smilie=th_d6ac145d]

In honor of the Royal Baby, I am burning BB&W London Calling.

(Well, actually it's because my order arrived today, but it worked out well :D )

Rivercat, that's funny. biggrin.gif Good scent too.

My Scentsy order arrived today too, so I'm melting Lemon Coconut Chiffon. mmm mmm.

Sweet--the BBW tarts were very strong. They were a large wrapped wafer scored into four parts. One part would scent a pretty large area.

Starting my day with Summer Scoop from Yankee.

Morning All...

Thanks Trep! :)

Aria...I hate when that happens!! [smilie=th_angry7]

Haha Rivercat...that did work out perfectly! ;)

This beautiful morning (finally a break in the humidity) it's...

Green & Sassy from TBG...I love the look of this tart....smells good too!

Have a good one. :)

Good morning! I am starting my day with YC Summer Scoop. Smells just like a strawberry sunday in here. Has anyone tried melting B&BW candles in there warmers? I bought a few of there votive size candles and put them in the freezer. Pulled them out and smacked them on my palm and popped it out. I cut the candle in half and removed the wick. I then placed it in my warmer and it works pretty well. Some scents are stronger than the other ones. Probably not nearly as strong as their tarts were but it works! I also tried this with YC votives and they work just as well.

Don't work too hard today!

We are getting a break from the heat and humidity [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr . I am burning Yankee Caribbean Fruit and Golden Sands.

Oh my goodness Candlefan...they sound delicious! I am sure the cookie jars are beautiful too! Was this an art project as well?

MaggieMae, I would say it really was more of an art project than a baking project. Last year we watched judging, and they seemed more interested in the cookie jars than what was in them. We did't get to see the judging this year, which happened yesterday, but are going to the fair today. Maybe we can tell by which comments are listed on the judges' papers? First prize takes $100 this year, so my kids are dying to find out the results! [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Sunlight, I have been known to use all sorts of fragranced votives as melts for my warmers, especially when I worry they are getting old and I don't feel interested in burning them because I'm focused on my jar candles. It really does work pretty well. BTW, I love Yankee Summer Scoops too! Sounds like a popular scent. Need to get that one in a large jar.

This morning I have CBV Lime Crystal Kisses going in my melter. It's a perfect blend of sweet and citrus tart.

Candlefan - Entering projects in the fair is always fun! I bet U had flour all over your kitchen. :lol: How old R your kids? Good luck to them!

I haven't quite figured out this multiquote function, so I thought I would answer in a separate post:

My girls are 14 and 16, and yes, they managed to get flour and much more all over the kitchen. I knew it was going to be pure chaos even before they got started based on past experience. But it's always fun, and I get to sample their cookies!

We did have one crisis though, my oldest daughter mistakenly ate one of the chocolate chip cookies my youngest daughter needed. Had to step in to break that argument up. We slipped in a substitute of a different variety, and I'm not sure if the judges caught it... drama drama! [smilie=th_roll]

Decided to light my bargain Ashland Vanilla candle in the bath. I got this one for $1.79 on clearance. For an 18 oz candle that is a great buy, if you ask me.

For this evening it is Ashland Vanilla plus Yankee Christmas Cookie and Sugared Apple.

I'm reading what everyone is melting and it ALl sounds soooo good! I want to place an order with CVB but I'm not really sure it's a good idea to place an order with any vendor this time of the year. I did get some samples from Mia Bella and when the mail came all the oil was all over the place. It leaked right through the package. The melts had no smell at all. Maybe towards Fall I will place an order with some of the vendors you all are using. So far my very favorites are CFTKR and Front Porch.

Has anyone tried melting B&BW candles in there warmers? I bought a few of there votive size candles and put them in the freezer. Pulled them out and smacked them on my palm and popped it out. I cut the candle in half and removed the wick. I then placed it in my warmer and it works pretty well.

Sunlight - Thanks for the reminder we can melt em! [smilie=kewl] I got a bunch of the small candles last year, mostly to test the scents. They're small & don't put off lots of scent when burning, so think I'll try popping them in the melter.

I haven't quite figured out this multiquote function, so I thought I would answer in a separate post:

Candlefan - Just click the multiquote button on all the posts U want to comment on, then when you're ready to post , click the 'add reply' and they'll all appear in your post. How'd your girls do at the fair - any ribbon winners?

I'm melting BH&G's Warm Welcome - luv this scent, so...well...warm & homey! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] They picked a good name! After a stormy, rainy day yesterday it's beautiful weather today here, too. Supposed to have highs in the upper 70's/low 80's and going into the 50's at nite for the next week....a nice preview of fall.[smilie=th_autumboy]

Hi, everyone. Melting Serene Green from Scentsy. First time trying this scent and I like it a lot more than I thought I would. It's fresh and green smelling with a hint of citrus. Not floral at all. Kind of reminds me of Citrus Linen H2O if anyone remembers that scent from one of my very favorite vendors who is no longer in business.

Oh my gosh Mpfand....I just love your adorable avatar!! [smilie=th_00000020]

I haven't changed the scents all day...this Green & Sassy is still strong as can be which is the usual for TBG. It's not my favorite kind of scent but it's bright and lively and very nice...lemongrass, citrus, sage, vanilla & musk.

Have a good night. [smilie=thzzz003]