The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

July's Scent Sparklers

Don't have anything going at the moment because I just got back from getting my hair cut and haven't made it over to my melter yet, but I think I am going to put in the remaining half of my CBV Sophie Bell melt in a few.

Yesterday I had my new YC Berry Jam candle going all afternoon and evening. It smells really good, but my nose was a little stuffy from allergies, so I doubt I got the full effect.

Candlelove, hang in there on that renovation and remember how pleasant it will be to burn a candle in your new, upgraded, orderly surroundings!

Maggiemay, as a fellow insomniac, you have also my sympathies. Hopefully you can get a good nap in later.

Mpfand, we are finally getting a break from smoke here in the Denver metro area, though not so much on the heat. Sorry to hear you are going through all that now. I can't even imagine how awful it would be to wear heavy firefighting gear while working hard to put out flames in all that heat! Praying for our brave firefighters and for an end to all these terrible, out of control wildfires.

Mimosa and Mandarin by YOCC for this evening.

Last of Lake House by TDC in my room, I have not found any of their tarts to have much of a throw. I do like their bath stuff, tho!

Drakkar by CFTKR in my son's room - a nice *manly* smell

Grapefruit Melon Sage by BHG in 2 of the bathrooms

Have a great evening!

:rose:

Thank you Trep, Mpfand and Candlefan...just woke up from a little nap on the hammock. [smilie=thzzz003] Feel a little better. I don't usually suffer with it so I feel for you guys with insomnia...it's terrible.

Candlefan... I join you in praying for our nations firefighters...a very brave job and in those conditions, even more so!!

Mpfand...I hope you get that rain!!

Michele...Remember, each day of a mess is one day closer to a beautiful home!! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

The Frosted Pear didn't last long and the Coconut Satsuma is petering out...time to change it up....

I'd like to melt some Happy Hippy but they haven't even cured two weeks yet....I'm not good at waiting.

Now it's...

Pear Apple Crisp from LSC

Apple Marshmallow Serendipity Bread from Up the Creek Scents

[smilie=th_FULL_O17]

MaggieMae and trep, I hope you both have good night's sleep tonight! th_slider_bigsleep.gif

mpfand, that's awful! Stay safe!

Today I'm melting Caramel Sticky Buns from Backroad Hobbies (this one is the strongest of her tarts so far) and Berry Hazelnut Cake from LOL (a strong throw as well, but not my favorite scent).

MaggieMae, Trep & Candlefan - I hope U don't have many of those sleepless nites, they're the pits![smilie=th_sad-1]

Mpfand - I hope U get some rain and better air soon.:wacko: It must be odd to see ash floating down - does it smell like smoke when U step outdoors?

Laurie - I [smilie=th_00000020] BH&G's Grapefruit Melon Sage!

Debra - How's the puppy training going?[smilie=th_806e4b7f]

I'm melting LOL's Powdered Cinnamon Doughnuts - [smilie=th_fabulous1] !!

Laurie - I [smilie=th_00000020] BH&G's Grapefruit Melon Sage!

Isn't it divine, Sweet? Even DH commented on it when he came out of the bathroom!

I added a candle to my other bathroom, Royal Riviera Pear by Harry & David

and

:angry:

grrrrrr, it is burning HORRIBLY. Not a full scent pool, despite wrapping in foil, and the wicks are barely burning. I have not had much luck with these. I think I will put it on a warmer, melt it completely and rewick it.

MaggieMae, glad to hear you were able to get a nap in!

Tonight I'm burning up the last of my YC Beach Wood.

Sweet dreams, everyone!

Sweet - puppy training was going well until about a week ago and all of a sudden, 3 accidents in the house! I think we relaxed a bit and we have not learned how to read her cues (if there are any!)

Tonight is Potterwyx - Coconut Cream Pie.

Tonight I have CBV Bird of Paradise going in my melter, and my new YC Berry Jam jar candle is burning too.

Puppy training... How well I remember those days with my dog! Hope there aren't too many more accidents for you to clean up, Debra.

Sorry about your H&D candle, Nautilique! I don't blame you for being steamed. Too bad their candles aren't quite in the same league as their famous fruit. Let us know if rewicking helps, and good luck!

Thanks Rivercat, Sweet and Biolaeagles! :)

Debra...you are bringing me back to 9 years ago...I don't miss training puppies or kids!! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] Hope she gets the hang of it again!

Sweet and Laurie...I really have gotta get over to Walmart to sniff that Grapefruit Melon Sage tart!! What's the strongest of the three scents?

Biolaeagles...how are you doing with sleep? I shouldn't be complaining...you are probably working on very few winks yourself!!

Since the LSC tart is still going strong, I only changed up the UTCS....

Put on Cantaloupe from CFTKR...can't go wrong with this scent.... [smilie=th_200912104451]

Goodnight and sleep tight. [smilie=th_offtobed]

Thanks for the well wishes about sleep--I did much better last night.

For this morning it is YC Mango Nectarine.

thbullarsmile.gif Good morning friends!

Melting Jelly Filled Sugar Cookies from CFTKR...so good...love the jelly note!!!

Getting ready to take DS#2 to the last day of tennis for the summer.

It's cooled off quite a bit here and no humidity...so a beautiful morning!

Have some domestic goddess duties to do today...fun...not! cleaningtoliet.gifkattemad_03.gifvacuum.gifLLS-balayer.gif

I'm sure the boys will be in the pool this afternoon.

Have a good one!

Morning...

This morning it's Front Porch Pink Mallow Bread in the old Squirty bottle....argh...now I know why they discontinued this type. [smilie=th_ANGRY_10] The last inch of wax at the bottom will not come out. I banged and banged and it's been upside down for over 30 minutes now...no movement. Think I'm gonna hafta poke a hole.

Have a good one. :)

Hi everyone. This is what I have been melting the last couple of days

Vanilla Cream by Bridgewater

Strawberry Parfait by Starlight

Candle: Oceanside by BBW

Rosemary Mint by Elizabeth Arden

I'm so glad that today is overcast with light sprinkles and higher humidity. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same. I hope it's helping out with the fire. I can't even imagine what these firefighters go through. :mellow:

Melting Oatmeal Cookie from Scentsy. This is strong and smells exactly like oatmeal cookies. Probably the most authentic oatmeal cookie scent I've tried and it's only available this month so I need to stock up! [smilie=th_create]

trep, I'm glad you got some sleep!

MaggieMae, I've been trying to get some sleep during DS# 1's nap! wink.gif

In the morning I melted Caramel Cinnamon Latte from HHS (crazy strong)! I switched up to Violet Lime from OLC (too much of a floral for me, but very strong), and am burning a candle from Tiffany's in Key Lime Pie (love!). biggrin.gif

I am melting HHS granmas marmalade zucchini and Heavenleigh Apothecary's lemon poppy poundcake in livingroom/kitchen, TBG flower jam in bathroom. Hope everyone is having good evening.

Sweet and Laurie...I really have gotta get over to Walmart to sniff that Grapefruit Melon Sage tart!! What's the strongest of the three scents?

MaggieMae - It's a wonderful combo of all 3, but 4 me, the grapefruit is the strongest. I think you'd like it![smilie=yes]

I'm so glad that today is overcast with light sprinkles and higher humidity. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same. I hope it's helping out with the fire. I can't even imagine what these firefighters go through.

Mpfand - It sounds weird 2 me for someone to wish for higher humidity (ick!!) [smilie=th_pardon] but I'll hope for U, 2! [smilie=th_slider_hi5] Makes me wonder....with the already high temps and all the heavy gear they have to wear....how do the firefighters stay at least a little cool and not pass out from the heat?[smilie=th_scratch]

I am melting HHS granmas marmalade zucchini

Ufgatorbugg [smilie=The_Hi] - Glad U jumped in! That one's on my 'try someday' list....can U smell the marmalade or mostly the zucchini?

I'm melting CrossCreek's Cinnamon Bread Pudding. Spice + bakery = [smilie=cloud_9] <----me. I got a YC catalog with rub & sniff's of several of the new fall scents today![smilie=th_ecd36868] The Vanilla Chai smells like a must try 2 me, but I didn't get much of a scent from the Pumpkin Wreath, which surprised me. Maybe they forgot to scent that circle. :D

Hi, everyone [smilie=The_Hi]

MaggieMae, I agree with Sweet: Grapefruit Melon Sage has a lot of bang for the buck [smilie=th_aa17]

Melt of the evening is TBG Pink Lime

Have a good evening!

Thanks for the info on the GMS Sweet and Rivercat!!

Melting...

Salty Sea Breeze from Sea Breeze Scents...strong marine and slightly floral scent...love it.

Paradise Cove from Granny's....yummy banana/coconut scent.

I'm itching for a vacation now. [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

:)

.time to change it up....

I'd like to melt some Happy Hippy but they haven't even cured two weeks yet....I'm not good at waiting.

I have some Happy Hippy in the cure pile, too, Maggie! I am DYING to try it - she's got a special on the 2 oz. cubes . . . they're $1.25 ea until 8 pm tomorrow night

[smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

Sorry about your H&D candle, Nautilique! I don't blame you for being steamed. Too bad their candles aren't quite in the same league as their famous fruit. Let us know if rewicking helps, and good luck!

Thanks, I did actually re-wick it this morning. It's a square shaped jar, so it didn't fit on my hotplate warmer very well . . .but I discovered a new use for the nifty little feature on my stove which is a "warming" burner that I never use. It liquified the candle perfectly!

[smilie=th_cc8]

I have to agree with Sweet, definitely the grapefruit. It's really good, you should check it out when you get the chance.

Morning...

This morning it's Front Porch Pink Mallow Bread in the old Squirty bottle....argh...now I know why they discontinued this type. [smilie=th_ANGRY_10] The last inch of wax at the bottom will not come out. I banged and banged and it's been upside down for over 30 minutes now...no movement. Think I'm gonna hafta poke a hole.

Squirty bottle? I think I read something about that (liquid wax), aside from the annoying bottle, how did it work for you? I heard people say it was hard to get out of the warmer because it never solidified. Hmm . . . think I'll stick to my tarties, I somehow don't think sniffing a bottle would be the same!

[smilie=th_pluja]

I'm about to turn some of the warmers off for the night

[smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

but I have REALLY been enjoying Sunburn by Front Porch in several of them. The scent description says: This is a hot burning blend of our Hawaiian Sun Tan Lotion and Copper Sun Tan lotion..a blend that is due to give you a sunburn! That is right up my alley, I am in love!

[smilie=th_smilies-2]

Have a good night, everyone

Maggie - I am not a fan of the squirty wax either. I sounded like a good idea at the time...

Sweet - my sniffy catalog has a wee bit of scent on the Pumpkin - but mainly it is the "earthy oakwood" part. I was also a fan of the Vanilla Chai. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Tonight is Reggae Sunset - Scentsy.

Sweet--the new Yankee Pumpkin Wreath is quite strong on cold sniff in the store. It smells like a blend of Be Thankful with a touch of Autumn Leaves.

Starting the day with Yankee Summer Scoop--love that strawberry ice cream scent.